PDA

View Full Version : Psycholists of the future!

Derek C
October 27th 10, 11:20 PM
As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

Derek C

JNugent[_7_]
October 27th 10, 11:49 PM
On 27/10/2010 23:20, Derek C wrote:

> As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
> group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
> pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
> Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
> off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

How *dare* you complain!

Derek C
October 28th 10, 07:14 AM
On Oct 27, 11:49*pm, JNugent > wrote:
> On 27/10/2010 23:20, Derek C wrote:
>
> > As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
> > group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
> > pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
> > Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
> > off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.
>
> How *dare* you complain!

Oh sorry, I forgot that I was a pedestrian at the time and therefore
had no right to be on the pavement when the young cyclists wished to
use it!

mileburner
October 28th 10, 08:42 AM
"Derek C" > wrote in message
> As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
> group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
> pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
> Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
> off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

Which estate was it?

Personally I would not refer to them as "cyclists" (though technically they
might be) but "kids on bikes". Meds will tell you they will grow out of it
and all be driving cars when they grow up. Going by some of the grotty
estates in Watford, he is probably right.

Simon Mason[_4_]
October 28th 10, 09:21 AM
On 27 Oct, 23:20, Derek C > wrote:
> As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
> group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
> pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
> Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
> off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.
>
> Derek C

Kids of today, eh?

In my day, they would have been indoors studying Latin and practising
piano scales.
Children should not be outside happily playing. Tsk Tsk.

--
Simon Mason

Squashme
October 28th 10, 09:39 AM
On 28 Oct, 07:14, Derek C > wrote:
> On Oct 27, 11:49*pm, JNugent > wrote:
>
> > On 27/10/2010 23:20, Derek C wrote:
>
> > > As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
> > > group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
> > > pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
> > > Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
> > > off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.
>
> > How *dare* you complain!
>
> Oh sorry, I forgot that I was a pedestrian at the time and therefore
> had no right to be on the pavement when the young cyclists wished to
> use it!

That's nothing. Wait ten years, be crossing the road and that kid will
leave you legless, and no apologies. They will have abandoned their
childish toys, and this, apparently, is improvement.

Mr. Benn[_4_]
October 28th 10, 09:42 AM
"Derek C" > wrote in message
> As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
> group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
> pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
> Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
> off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.
>
> Derek C

What right did you have to be on the pavement?

Simon Mason[_4_]
October 28th 10, 09:47 AM
On 28 Oct, 09:39, Squashme > wrote:
> That's nothing. Wait ten years, be crossing the road and that kid will
> leave you legless, and no apologies. They will have abandoned their
> childish toys, and this, apparently, is improvement.

Yes, I'd have started the thread with "boy racer yobbos in souped up
Novas of the future".

They actually *kill* people.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/2010/10/01/boy-racers-killed-pensioner-in-100mph-crash-91466-27381503/

--
Simon Mason

JNugent[_7_]
October 28th 10, 11:39 AM
On 28/10/2010 08:42, mileburner wrote:
> "Derek > wrote in message
>> As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
>> group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
>> pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
>> Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
>> off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.
>
> Which estate was it?
>
> Personally I would not refer to them as "cyclists" (though technically they
> might be) but "kids on bikes".

Cyclists are incapable of wrong, so any cyclist doing something wrong isn't a
cyclist.

Simple.

Squashme
October 28th 10, 12:44 PM
On 28 Oct, 11:39, JNugent > wrote:
> On 28/10/2010 08:42, mileburner wrote:
>
> > "Derek > *wrote in message
> >> As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
> >> group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
> >> pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
> >> Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
> >> off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.
>
> > Which estate was it?
>
> > Personally I would not refer to them as "cyclists" (though technically they
> > might be) but "kids on bikes".
>
> Cyclists are incapable of wrong, so any cyclist doing something wrong isn't a
> cyclist.
>
> Simple.

Good. You understand the principle. We do have standards. And a proper
cyclist would not have hit his leg as we tend to levitate in a godly
manner a foot or two above the ground. Glowing with beneficence.

http://www.worldometers.info/bicycles/

mileburner
October 28th 10, 01:00 PM
Squashme wrote:
> On 28 Oct, 11:39, JNugent > wrote:

>>> Which estate was it?
>>
>>> Personally I would not refer to them as "cyclists" (though
>>> technically they might be) but "kids on bikes".
>>
>> Cyclists are incapable of wrong, so any cyclist doing something
>> wrong isn't a cyclist.

Has Doug started posting as JNugent? Or has JNugent transported into
DougWorld?

JNugent[_7_]
October 28th 10, 03:29 PM
On 28/10/2010 13:00, mileburner wrote:

> Squashme wrote:
>> > wrote:

>>> Cyclists are incapable of wrong, so any cyclist doing something
>>> wrong isn't a cyclist.

> Has Doug started posting as JNugent? Or has JNugent transported into
> DougWorld?

I was paraphrasing your "argument".

Check out Karl Popper and black swans.

Marc[_5_]
October 28th 10, 09:01 PM
On 28/10/2010 07:14, Derek C wrote:
> On Oct 27, 11:49 pm, > wrote:
>> On 27/10/2010 23:20, Derek C wrote:
>>
>>> As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
>>> group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
>>> pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
>>> Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
>>> off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.
>>
>> How *dare* you complain!
>
> Oh sorry, I forgot that I was a pedestrian at the time and therefore
> had no right to be on the pavement when the young cyclists wished to
> use it!
You do seem to be incident prone.

DavidR[_2_]
October 28th 10, 11:24 PM
"Derek C" > wrote

> As I walked through a housing estate in Watford late this afternoon, a
> group of young cyclists aged about 10 came round a corner on the
> pavement. One lost control, crashed into me and fell off his bike.
> Without a word of apology, he remounted his bike, laughed and rode
> off! I was left with a large bruise on my leg.

They were told by their non-cycling parents to ride on the pavement.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home