PDA

View Full Version : 4 year-old kid, who rode on kid's toy, can be sued over death of pedestrian.

Squashme
October 30th 10, 07:41 PM
The kid should have been in a car (or the pedestrian should), I guess.

http://tinyurl.com/256u6rp

"Judge Wooten also disagreed with the lawyer’s assertion that Juliet
Breitman should not be held responsible because her mother was
supervising the children at the time.

“A parent’s presence alone does not give a reasonable child carte
blanche to engage in risky behavior such as running across a street,”
Judge Wooten wrote. He added that “the term ‘supervising’ is too vague
to hold meaning here.”"

"A reasonable child" - at 4?

Apparently using training wheels not significant. Well, it would have
opened the floodgates, wouldn't it?

Lawyers circling like sharks there?

Squashme
October 30th 10, 08:13 PM
On 30 Oct, 19:41, Squashme > wrote:
> The kid should have been in a car (or the pedestrian should), I guess.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/256u6rp
>
> "Judge Wooten also disagreed with the lawyer’s assertion that Juliet
> Breitman should not be held responsible because her mother was
> supervising the children at the time.
>
> “A parent’s presence alone does not give a reasonable child carte
> blanche to engage in risky behavior such as running across a street,”
> Judge Wooten wrote. He added that “the term ‘supervising’ is too vague
> to hold meaning here.”"
>
> "A reasonable child" - at 4?
>
> Apparently using training wheels not significant. Well, it would have
> opened the floodgates, wouldn't it?
>
> Lawyers circling like sharks there?

And now I see that JMS is flattering me. Must be one hell of a time
differential between me and JMS' home planet.

JMS
October 30th 10, 08:28 PM
On Sat, 30 Oct 2010 12:13:24 -0700 (PDT), Squashme
> wrote:

<snip>

>And now I see that JMS is flattering me. Must be one hell of a time
>differential between me and JMS' home planet.

That's the trouble with people who don't use proper usenet clients -
and who on insisting the other child's toy : googlegroups.

They don't realise that Google groups is far from instantaneous - and
their message has to go over to Mickey Mouse Land before it appears
elsewhere.

You could buy a decent usenet client - I am sure someone would help
you configure it.

--

Per billion passenger kilometres

Car KSI 18