PDA

View Full Version : Zit or Trevor Nym Shift - with the Lou Knee Defence

JMS
November 1st 10, 05:31 PM
Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like Zit (aka Whitehead) has had to resort
to nym-shifting to make some of his posts.

He now likes to drop in to using "Trevor" as his ID - not just in URC
- but also in other groups

Of course when I first pointed it out - he did a Google search for
other mentions of the IP address I quoted - and given that it is an
AOL address - no surprise that he found references to it on web pages
- BUT not at the same time as Zit was using it - and not in URC.

(This of course is known as The Lou Knee Defence - only to be used by
****wits)

The only problem is, that Zit and Trevor are actually sharing more
than just one IP address

They have even used the same address within 15 minutes or so of each
other.

Here's just a couple of examples.

Looking at IP address : 195.93.21.69

Zit was using that IP address 53 times from June to October

And then : slap bang right in the middle - "Trevor" posts using that
address - and then an hour later - it reverts to Zit.

That really is most odd.

I wonder if it was just the same connection :-)

An even greater coincidence from March to August - Zit is using the
IP address 195.93.21.101 for a total of 125 posts.

And then all of a sudden - there are a couple from "Trevor" - one of
them is only 14 minutes after Zit used it.

Of course there is probably a very simple explanation for all of this
- and I look forward to Zit and/or Trevor explaining. They could of
course deny it at the same time.

(If they are really stuck then Porky Chapman of Lou Knee fame may be
able to help)

PhilO
November 1st 10, 10:56 PM
On Nov 1, 5:31*pm, JMS > wrote:
> Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like Zit (aka Whitehead) has had to resort
> to nym-shifting to make some of his posts.

Judith - have you ever nym-shifted to make posts yourself?

PhilO

JMS
November 1st 10, 10:59 PM
On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 15:56:48 -0700 (PDT), PhilO >
wrote:

>On Nov 1, 5:31*pm, JMS > wrote:
>> Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like Zit (aka Whitehead) has had to resort
>> to nym-shifting to make some of his posts.
>>
>Judith - have you ever nym-shifted to make posts yourself?
>
>PhilO

Yes

--

Per billion passenger kilometres

Car KSI 18
Cycle KSI 541
Pedestrian 358

(KSI : Killed or Seriously Injured)
Dft 2008 FIgures

Who says cycling is safer than walking?

Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]
November 1st 10, 11:00 PM

Peter Keller
November 1st 10, 11:59 PM
On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 17:31:45 +0000, JMS wrote:

> Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like Zit (aka Whitehead) has had to resort
> to nym-shifting to make some of his posts.

<slime>

> (This of course is known as The Lou Knee Defence - only to be used by
> ****wits)

<scraped>

> (If they are really stuck then Porky Chapman of Lou Knee fame may be
> able to help)

<off>

When captured and held by the tail, hagfish escape by secreting the
fibrous slime, which turns into a thick and sticky gel when combined with
water. They clean off the slime by tying themselves in an overhand knot,
which works its way from the head to the tail of the animal, scraping off
the slime as it goes. Some authorities conjecture that this singular
knotting behavior may assist them in extricating themselves from the jaws
of predatory fish. The "sliming" also seems to act as a distraction to
predators, and free-swimming hagfish are seen to "slime" when agitated
and will later clear the mucus off by way of the same traveling-knot
behavior.

--
67.4% of statistics are made up.

Paul - xxx[_2_]
November 2nd 10, 09:01 AM
JMS wrote:

> Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like

Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like JMS has found someone else she doesn't
like so is checking past histories with the evangelical fervour of
Christopher Lee as Witchfinder general.

I wonder why she bothers .... what does she have to hide?

Why does she think it's OK for her to nym-shift to post where she's not
really wanted, but it's (apparently) wrong for others to do so?

So many issues ...

--
Paul - xxx mobile ....

bugbear
November 2nd 10, 09:26 AM
JMS wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Nov 2010 15:56:48 -0700 (PDT), PhilO >
> wrote:
>
>> On Nov 1, 5:31 pm, JMS > wrote:
>>> Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like Zit (aka Whitehead) has had to resort
>>> to nym-shifting to make some of his posts.
>>>
>> Judith - have you ever nym-shifted to make posts yourself?
>>
>> PhilO
>

> Yes

So is nym shifting the action of a bad person?

If you don't answer in detail, please at least respond
in some way to confirm that you've read this. ;-)

BugBear

November 2nd 10, 10:48 AM
On 2 Nov, 09:01, "Paul - xxx" > wrote:
> JMS wrote:
>
> > Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like
>
> Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like JMS has found someone else she doesn't
> like so is checking past histories with the evangelical fervour of
> Christopher Lee as Witchfinder general.
>
> I wonder why she bothers .... what does she have to hide?
>
> Why does she think it's OK for her to nym-shift to post where she's not
> really wanted, but it's (apparently) wrong for others to do so?
>
> So many issues ...
>
> --
> Paul - xxx * *mobile ....

Vincent Price was the witchfinder general. JMS wouldn't have go that
wrong, as she scoured through Googe Groups posting histories to find
what other nyms Mr Price may have posted under :-)

Colin

Paul - xxx[_2_]
November 2nd 10, 11:18 AM
wrote:

> On 2 Nov, 09:01, "Paul - xxx" > wrote:
> > JMS wrote:
> >
> > > Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like
> >
> > Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like JMS has found someone else she
> > doesn't like so is checking past histories with the evangelical
> > fervour of Christopher Lee as Witchfinder general.
> >
> > I wonder why she bothers .... what does she have to hide?
> >
> > Why does she think it's OK for her to nym-shift to post where she's
> > not really wanted, but it's (apparently) wrong for others to do so?
> >
> > So many issues ...
> >

> Vincent Price was the witchfinder general. JMS wouldn't have go that
> wrong, as she scoured through Googe Groups posting histories to find
> what other nyms Mr Price may have posted under :-)

Heh, quite right .. I saw the film the other night on freeview and got
the names mixed. ;)

--
Paul - xxx mobile ....

Simon Mason
November 2nd 10, 01:20 PM
"Paul - xxx" > wrote in message
> JMS wrote:
>

>> Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like
>
> Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like JMS has found someone else she doesn't
> like so is checking past histories with the evangelical fervour of
> Christopher Lee as Witchfinder general.
>
> I wonder why she bothers .... what does she have to hide?

Apparently, she posts as another person in urcm as her usual persona is
barred.

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

bugbear
November 2nd 10, 02:21 PM
Simon Mason wrote:

> "Paul - xxx" > wrote in message
>> JMS wrote:
>>

>>> Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like
>>
>> Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like JMS has found someone else she doesn't
>> like so is checking past histories with the evangelical fervour of
>> Christopher Lee as Witchfinder general.
>>
>> I wonder why she bothers .... what does she have to hide?
>
> Apparently, she posts as another person in urcm as her usual persona is
> barred.

Since a "persona" is all I ever see of *anyone* on the 'web,
I have no problem with that. As long as the urcm persona is well behaved,
of course.

BugBear

JMS
November 2nd 10, 08:01 PM
On Tue, 02 Nov 2010 09:26:01 +0000, bugbear

--
Hello Bugbear - I juts love the way that you have to comment on my every post.

I really do appreciate it.

JMS
November 3rd 10, 03:21 PM
On Mon, 01 Nov 2010 23:00:23 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> wrote:

>On 01/11/2010 22:56, PhilO wrote:
>> On Nov 1, 5:31 pm, JMS > wrote:
>>> Oh dear, oh dear - it looks like Zit (aka Whitehead) has had to resort
>>> to nym-shifting to make some of his posts.
>>>
>> Judith - have you ever nym-shifted to make posts yourself?
>

>So often that it's her first thought whenever anybody disagrees with
>her. I don't know how she handles that in real life, assuming she ever
>goes out.

Says Porky who has to frequent his little sheddy nest with his saddo
mates.

Here's an idea for you : instead of a web page of "famous people I
have met " - how about one of just "real people I am friends with"

I bet it won't take up any more room than the current one.

--

"I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. I would challenge judith
to find the place where I said I encourage my children to wear helmets." Guy Chapman

Peter Keller
November 3rd 10, 11:02 PM
On Wed, 03 Nov 2010 15:21:43 +0000, JMS wrote:

> Says Porky who has to frequent his little sheddy nest with his saddo
> mates.
>
> Here's an idea for you : instead of a web page of "famous people I have
> met " - how about one of just "real people I am friends with"
>
> I bet it won't take up any more room than the current one.

This is perhaps the most disgusting creature of the sea: the hagfish. It
uses just the right weapon to turn your stomach upside-down: slime. It is
not even a fish, but one of the oldest vertebrates (older than 300
million years), lacking any jaw (so it cannot even bite) and with just
one nostril, but displaying rows of teeth on its tongue, which it uses to
enter into the innards of rotting fish through any orifice to feed.

> --

<snip>

--
67.4% of statistics are made up.