PDA

View Full Version : the law is clear: only one person on a normal bike. More Darwinism

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 1st 10, 07:04 PM
What a waste of a young life.

Typical untrained cyclist, doesn't know that a solo bike means one person
only.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Cyclist-12-killed-after-car.6607240.jp

thirty-six
November 1st 10, 07:21 PM
On 1 Nov, 19:04, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> What a waste of a young life.
>
> Typical untrained cyclist, doesn't know that a solo bike means one person
> only.
>
> http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Cyclist-12-killed-after-car.6607240.jp

It does not say in this report what type of bike was used, where did
you get this additional information, out the air? They're are such
tyhings as tandem bicycles. As i see it it appears the driver is to
blame, something about the failure to observe the two junctions at the
brow of the hill.

Tony Raven[_3_]
November 1st 10, 08:34 PM
"Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> What a waste of a young life.
>
> Typical untrained cyclist, doesn't know that a solo bike means one
> person
> only.
>
> http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Cyclist-12-killed-after-car.6607240.jp

Sounds like that had very little to do with it according to he article:

"John Watkinson, also of Bentinck Road, added: "This is the third
fatality in a few years, more or less in the same part of the road.

"Drivers don't realise that there are two turns at the brow of the hill
- it is very dangerous." "

--
Tony

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 1st 10, 08:47 PM
Tony Raven wrote:
> "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>> What a waste of a young life.
>>
>> Typical untrained cyclist, doesn't know that a solo bike means one
>> person
>> only.
>>
>> http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Cyclist-12-killed-after-car.6607240.jp
>
> Sounds like that had very little to do with it according to he
> article:
>
> "John Watkinson, also of Bentinck Road, added: "This is the third
> fatality in a few years, more or less in the same part of the road.
>
> "Drivers don't realise that there are two turns at the brow of the
> hill - it is very dangerous." "

and a wobbly overloaded bicycle is perfectly safe and did not contribute in
any way to the accident or the consequences?

JNugent[_7_]
November 1st 10, 09:05 PM
On 01/11/2010 20:47, Mrcheerful wrote:

> Tony Raven wrote:
>> > wrote:

>>> What a waste of a young life.
>>> Typical untrained cyclist, doesn't know that a solo bike means one
>>> person only.

>>> http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Cyclist-12-killed-after-car.6607240.jp

>> Sounds like that had very little to do with it according to he article:

>> "John Watkinson, also of Bentinck Road, added: "This is the third
>> fatality in a few years, more or less in the same part of the road.
>> "Drivers don't realise that there are two turns at the brow of the
>> hill - it is very dangerous." "

There is not a word in the article to suggest that the car-driver was to
blame, or that the "very dangerous" "two turns at the brow of the hill" were
anything to do with the cause of the collision.

> and a wobbly overloaded bicycle is perfectly safe and did not contribute in
> any way to the accident or the consequences?

There isn't anything to suggest that, either, although clearly, the situation
was less than ideal.

Tony Raven[_3_]
November 1st 10, 10:42 PM
"Mrcheerful" > wrote:

> and a wobbly overloaded bicycle is perfectly safe and did not
> contribute in
> any way to the accident or the consequences?

That's your interpretation. What they were doing is very common on the
Continent and causes very little problem as far as I am aware. But even
so did the driver not see them and take extra care? They were just
children after all.

--
Tony

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 2nd 10, 12:30 AM
Tony Raven wrote:
> "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>
>> and a wobbly overloaded bicycle is perfectly safe and did not
>> contribute in
>> any way to the accident or the consequences?
>
> That's your interpretation. What they were doing is very common on
> the Continent and causes very little problem as far as I am aware.
> But even so did the driver not see them and take extra care? They
> were just children after all.

and hopefully have not yet done any breeding

The Medway Handyman[_3_]
November 2nd 10, 01:02 AM
thirty-six wrote:
> On 1 Nov, 19:04, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>> What a waste of a young life.
>>
>> Typical untrained cyclist, doesn't know that a solo bike means one
>> person only.
>>
>> http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Cyclist-12-killed-after-car.6607240.jp
>
> It does not say in this report what type of bike was used, where did
> you get this additional information, out the air? They're are such
> tyhings as tandem bicycles.

For ****s sake. Are you so ****ing stupid as to believe they were on a
tandem?

You just won Mr Teflon 2010.

FX<Scraping bottom of barrel>FX

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.

Derek C
November 2nd 10, 03:09 AM
On Nov 2, 1:02*am, "The Medway Handyman" <davidno-spam-
> wrote:
> thirty-six wrote:
> > On 1 Nov, 19:04, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> >> What a waste of a young life.
>
> >> Typical untrained cyclist, doesn't know that a solo bike means one
> >> person only.
>
> >>http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Cyclist-12-killed-after-car.6607240.jp
>
> > It does not say in this report what type of bike was used, where did
> > you get this additional information, out the air? *They're are such
> > tyhings as tandem bicycles.
>
> For ****s sake. *Are you so ****ing stupid as to believe they were on a
> tandem?
>
> You just won Mr Teflon 2010.
>
> FX<Scraping bottom of barrel>FX
>
> --
Come on Meds! You must know by now that all cyclists are Saint-like
characters who can do no wrong, and accidents are always the fault of
evil motorists!

Tony Raven[_3_]
November 2nd 10, 06:53 AM
"Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> Tony Raven wrote:
>> "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>>
>>> and a wobbly overloaded bicycle is perfectly safe and did not
>>> contribute in
>>> any way to the accident or the consequences?
>>
>> That's your interpretation. What they were doing is very common on
>> the Continent and causes very little problem as far as I am aware.
>> But even so did the driver not see them and take extra care? They
>> were just children after all.
>
> and hopefully have not yet done any breeding

What is that supposed to mean? Are you a fan of eugenics?

--
Tony

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 2nd 10, 07:54 AM
"Tony Raven" > wrote in message
> "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>> Tony Raven wrote:

>>> That's your interpretation. What they were doing is very common on
>>> the Continent and causes very little problem as far as I am aware.
>>> But even so did the driver not see them and take extra care? They
>>> were just children after all.
>>
>> and hopefully have not yet done any breeding
>
> What is that supposed to mean? Are you a fan of eugenics?

Absolutely.
Removing morons from the gene pool can only improve the chances of following
generations.

Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]
November 2nd 10, 08:22 AM

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 2nd 10, 08:28 AM
"Just zis Guy, you know?" > wrote in message

> On 02/11/2010 07:54, Mrcheerful wrote:
>
>>> Are you a fan of eugenics?
>
>> Absolutely.
>> Removing morons from the gene pool can only improve the chances of
>> following
>> generations.
>
> Off to top yourself, then? We'll miss you. Not.

people often dislike others simply because of their views.

Tony Raven[_3_]
November 2nd 10, 08:30 AM
Mrcheerful wrote:
> "Tony Raven" > wrote in message

>>> and hopefully have not yet done any breeding
>> What is that supposed to mean? Are you a fan of eugenics?
>>

> Absolutely.
> Removing morons from the gene pool can only improve the chances of following
> generations.

Eradicating children for being children is a bit radical but it will
solve over-population, global warming and a whole range of societal
issues at a stroke.

Tony

Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]
November 2nd 10, 08:33 AM

Simon Mason
November 2nd 10, 09:21 AM
"Mrcheerful" > wrote in message

> "Tony Raven" > wrote in message

>>> and hopefully have not yet done any breeding
>>
>> What is that supposed to mean? Are you a fan of eugenics?
>>

> Absolutely. (Yes?)
> Removing morons from the gene pool can only improve the chances of
> following generations.

What would you do about that 52 year old grandmother who was killed after a
lorry's shed load killed her?
Since her genes have already been passed on to two generations, should all
of her progeny be rounded up and gassed?

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 2nd 10, 11:26 AM
"Simon Mason" > wrote in message
. uk...

> "Mrcheerful" > wrote in message

>>> What is that supposed to mean? Are you a fan of eugenics?
>>>

>> Absolutely. (Yes?)
>> Removing morons from the gene pool can only improve the chances of
>> following generations.
>>

> What would you do about that 52 year old grandmother who was killed after
> a lorry's shed load killed her?
> Since her genes have already been passed on to two generations, should all
> of her progeny be rounded up and gassed?
>

> --
> Simon Mason
> http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

I would suggest that a lethal injection that leaves the organs still going
for donation would be a better solution.

Testing before allowing breeding is the way forward.

The Medway Handyman[_3_]
November 2nd 10, 07:15 PM
Tony Raven wrote:
> "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>> Tony Raven wrote:

>>> That's your interpretation. What they were doing is very common on
>>> the Continent and causes very little problem as far as I am aware.
>>> But even so did the driver not see them and take extra care? They
>>> were just children after all.
>>
>> and hopefully have not yet done any breeding
>
> What is that supposed to mean? Are you a fan of eugenics?

Always liked than Annie Lennox.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home