PDA

View Full Version : Cyclists need to take responsibility for their actions, and grow up!

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 9th 10, 10:42 PM
http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-news/2010/05/21/hit-and-run-cyclist-injures-dog-at-crane-park-109642-26495673/

Mr Pounder
November 9th 10, 10:50 PM
"Mrcheerful" > wrote in message
> http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-news/2010/05/21/hit-and-run-cyclist-injures-dog-at-crane-park-109642-26495673/

She did not really expect the tosser to stop did she?
Years ago I ran over a cat, I stopped and gave my phone number to a person
who knew the cat's owner. The owner was at work.
But then again, I was driving a car, not a **** poor peasants bike.

Mr Pounder

Tony Raven[_3_]
November 9th 10, 10:59 PM
Mrcheerful wrote:
> http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-news/2010/05/21/hit-and-run-cyclist-injures-dog-at-crane-park-109642-26495673/

30mph eh?

Tony

NM
November 9th 10, 11:05 PM
On Nov 9, 10:59*pm, Tony Raven > wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
> >http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-ne...
>
> 30mph eh?
>
> Tony

Is the exact speed important?

The Medway Handyman[_3_]
November 10th 10, 12:06 AM
Mrcheerful wrote:
> http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-news/2010/05/21/hit-and-run-cyclist-injures-dog-at-crane-park-109642-26495673/

Alas cyclists are simply immature schoolbots who will never grow up.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.

The Medway Handyman[_3_]
November 10th 10, 12:09 AM
Tony Raven wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
>> http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-news/2010/05/21/hit-and-run-cyclist-injures-dog-at-crane-park-109642-26495673/
>>

> 30mph eh?

Killing dogs eh?

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.

Squashme
November 10th 10, 12:24 AM
On Nov 10, 12:06*am, "The Medway Handyman" <davidno-spam-
> wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
> >http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-ne...
>
> Alas cyclists are simply immature schoolbots who will never grow up.

Immature schoolbots?:-

http://tinyurl.com/33u6pwa

Marc[_5_]
November 10th 10, 05:55 AM
On 09/11/2010 22:59, Tony Raven wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
>> http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-news/2010/05/21/hit-and-run-cyclist-injures-dog-at-crane-park-109642-26495673/
>>

> 30mph eh?
>
> Tony

Easy enough to find then, it's Sir Chris Hoy.

Derek C
November 10th 10, 06:40 AM
On Nov 9, 10:50*pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Mrcheerful" > wrote in message

> >http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-ne...
>
> She did not really expect the tosser to stop did she?
> Years ago I ran over a cat, I stopped and gave my phone number to a person
> who knew the cat's owner. The owner was at work.
> But then again, I was driving a car, not a **** poor peasants bike.
>
> Mr Pounder

I once ran over a hedgehog on my bike. It was at night and I didn't
see it. I had to stop because one of its spines punctured my front
tyre!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedgehog

Derek C

Doug[_3_]
November 10th 10, 07:38 AM
On Nov 9, 10:42*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-ne...

Something similar happened to me when a dog darted wildly under my
front wheel, except that the dog didn't seem to be injured.

Of course the many dog deaths and injuries cased by drivers is much
worse. Have you heard of 'road kills' where deer and other wild
animals are slaughtered in large numbers by drivers? This rarely if
ever is caused by cyclists.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Derek C
November 10th 10, 08:02 AM
On Nov 10, 7:38*am, Doug > wrote:
> On Nov 9, 10:42*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:>http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-ne...
>
> Something similar happened to me when a dog darted wildly under my
> front wheel, except that the dog didn't seem to be injured.
>
> Of course the many dog deaths and injuries cased by drivers is much
> worse. Have you heard of 'road kills' where deer and other wild
> animals are slaughtered in large numbers by drivers? This rarely if
> ever is caused by cyclists.
>
> -- .

So the usual psycholist argument that drivers are just as bad! However
they are trained, licenced, and drive licenced insured vehicles,
unlike many cyclists. Two wrongs don't make a right. And I did once
kill a hedgehog by accidently running over it on a push bike, so
there's a true anecdote for you Doug!

Derek C

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 10th 10, 08:16 AM
Derek C wrote:
> On Nov 10, 7:38 am, Doug > wrote:
>> On Nov 9, 10:42 pm, "Mrcheerful" >
>> wrote:>http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-ne...
>>
>> Something similar happened to me when a dog darted wildly under my
>> front wheel, except that the dog didn't seem to be injured.
>>
>> Of course the many dog deaths and injuries cased by drivers is much
>> worse. Have you heard of 'road kills' where deer and other wild
>> animals are slaughtered in large numbers by drivers? This rarely if
>> ever is caused by cyclists.
>>
>> -- .
>
> So the usual psycholist argument that drivers are just as bad! However
> they are trained, licenced, and drive licenced insured vehicles,
> unlike many cyclists. Two wrongs don't make a right. And I did once
> kill a hedgehog by accidently running over it on a push bike, so
> there's a true anecdote for you Doug!
>
> Derek C

and generally cars do not drive through parks in any case.

NM
November 10th 10, 08:50 AM
On Nov 10, 6:40*am, Derek C > wrote:
> On Nov 9, 10:50*pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:> "Mrcheerful" > wrote in message

> > >http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-ne....
>
> > She did not really expect the tosser to stop did she?
> > Years ago I ran over a cat, I stopped and gave my phone number to a person
> > who knew the cat's owner. The owner was at work.
> > But then again, I was driving a car, not a **** poor peasants bike.
>
> > Mr Pounder
>
> I once ran over a hedgehog on my bike. It was at night and I didn't
> see it. I had to stop because one of its spines punctured my front
> tyre!

Wot no lights? suppose you RLJ as well.

NM
November 10th 10, 08:51 AM
On Nov 10, 7:38*am, Doug > wrote:
> On Nov 9, 10:42*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:>http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-ne...
>
> Something similar happened to me when a dog darted wildly under my
> front wheel, except that the dog didn't seem to be injured.
>
> Of course the many dog deaths and injuries cased by drivers is much
> worse. Have you heard of 'road kills' where deer and other wild
> animals are slaughtered in large numbers by drivers? This rarely if
> ever is caused by cyclists.
>
> -- .
> UK Radical Campaigns.
> *http://www.zing.icom43.net
> A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Obviously they are using their license to kill.

Derek C
November 10th 10, 09:04 AM
On Nov 10, 8:50*am, NM > wrote:

> > I once ran over a hedgehog on my bike. It was at night and I didn't
> > see it. I had to stop because one of its spines punctured my front
> > tyre!
>
> Wot no lights? suppose you RLJ as well.- Hide quoted text -

My bike was fitted with working front and rear lamps and a rear
reflector. However that was quite a few years ago, before LEDs were
invented, and the front light was not particularly bright. And no I
don't jump red lights.

Derek C

Simon Mason[_4_]
November 10th 10, 10:43 AM
A nice little story about a grown up mature driver.
Ho ho, as she said - pathetic.

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/6049/001myj.jpg

--
Simon Mason

FrengaX
November 10th 10, 10:52 AM
On Nov 10, 7:38*am, Doug > wrote:
> On Nov 9, 10:42*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:>http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-ne...
>
> Something similar happened to me when a dog darted wildly under my
> front wheel, except that the dog didn't seem to be injured.
>
> Of course the many dog deaths and injuries cased by drivers is much
> worse. Have you heard of 'road kills' where deer and other wild
> animals are slaughtered in large numbers by drivers? This rarely if
> ever is caused by cyclists.

Once again, you pronounce there is a problem, but as ever you don't
provide any sort of solution. What do you propose, then, to reduce the
numer of roadkills of
(a) dogs, where the owner actually has a legal responsibility for its
actions, e.g. running out into the road
(b) large animals, such as deer, which no driver would deliberately
hit, as they can cause significant damage to the car, as well as the
unfortunate deer?

JMS
November 10th 10, 05:08 PM
On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 02:43:44 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
> wrote:

>A nice little story about a grown up mature driver.
>Ho ho, as she said - pathetic.
>
>http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/6049/001myj.jpg
--

Pyscholist Rule Number 6

In an argument - if the going gets really tough - fall back on the "But what about motorists, they are much worse ...."
It does no good to the actual argument - but it shows you up as a real prat - and hence you are living up to the psycholist creed.

Tony Dragon
November 10th 10, 06:50 PM
On 10/11/2010 07:38, Doug wrote:
> On Nov 9, 10:42 pm, > wrote:
>> http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-ne...
>>
> Something similar happened to me when a dog darted wildly under my
> front wheel, except that the dog didn't seem to be injured.
>
> Of course the many dog deaths and injuries cased by drivers is much
> worse. Have you heard of 'road kills' where deer and other wild
> animals are slaughtered in large numbers by drivers? This rarely if
> ever is caused by cyclists.
>
> -- .
> UK Radical Campaigns.
> http://www.zing.icom43.net
> A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Badger steaks, wonderful.

--
Tony Dragon

The Medway Handyman[_3_]
November 10th 10, 07:09 PM
Squashme wrote:
> On Nov 10, 12:06 am, "The Medway Handyman" <davidno-spam-
> > wrote:
>> Mrcheerful wrote:
>>> http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-ne...
>>
>> Alas cyclists are simply immature schoolbots who will never grow up.
>>

> Immature schoolbots?:-

It was a typo, but I rather like it.

--
Dave - intelligent enough to realise that a push bike, like a skateboard, is
a kid's toy, not a viable form of transport.

Doug[_3_]
November 11th 10, 08:10 AM
On Nov 10, 10:52*am, FrengaX > wrote:
> On Nov 10, 7:38*am, Doug > wrote:
>
> > On Nov 9, 10:42*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:>http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-ne...
>
> > Something similar happened to me when a dog darted wildly under my
> > front wheel, except that the dog didn't seem to be injured.
>
> > Of course the many dog deaths and injuries cased by drivers is much
> > worse. Have you heard of 'road kills' where deer and other wild
> > animals are slaughtered in large numbers by drivers? This rarely if
> > ever is caused by cyclists.
>
> Once again, you pronounce there is a problem, but as ever you don't
> provide any sort of solution. What do you propose, then, to reduce the
> numer of roadkills of
> (a) dogs, where the owner actually has a legal responsibility for its
> actions, e.g. running out into the road
> (b) large animals, such as deer, which no driver would deliberately
> hit, as they can cause significant damage to the car, as well as the
> unfortunate deer?

Most of it could be reduced by reducing speed limits and punishing
drivers more severely for exceeding those limits. It is well known
that a majority of drivers feely admit to ignoring speed limits and
they do so because they are allowed get away with it and the derisory
punishments, if any, are no deterrent.

It is self-evident that the slower you are driving the easier it is to
avoid a road kill.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Derek C
November 11th 10, 08:21 AM
On Nov 11, 8:10*am, Doug > wrote:
> On Nov 10, 10:52*am, FrengaX > wrote:
>

> > On Nov 10, 7:38*am, Doug > wrote:
>
> > > On Nov 9, 10:42*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:>http://www.hounslowchronicle.co.uk/west-london-news/local-hounslow-ne...
>
> > > Something similar happened to me when a dog darted wildly under my
> > > front wheel, except that the dog didn't seem to be injured.
>
> > > Of course the many dog deaths and injuries cased by drivers is much
> > > worse. Have you heard of 'road kills' where deer and other wild
> > > animals are slaughtered in large numbers by drivers? This rarely if
> > > ever is caused by cyclists.
>
> > Once again, you pronounce there is a problem, but as ever you don't
> > provide any sort of solution. What do you propose, then, to reduce the
> > numer of roadkills of
> > (a) dogs, where the owner actually has a legal responsibility for its
> > actions, e.g. running out into the road
> > (b) large animals, such as deer, which no driver would deliberately
> > hit, as they can cause significant damage to the car, as well as the
> > unfortunate deer?
>
> Most of it could be reduced by reducing speed limits and punishing
> drivers more severely for exceeding those limits. It is well known
> that a majority of drivers feely admit to ignoring speed limits and
> they do so because they are allowed get away with it and the derisory
> punishments, if any, are no deterrent.
>
> It is self-evident that the slower you are driving the easier it is to
> avoid a road kill.
>
> -- .
> UK Radical Campaigns.
> *http://www.zing.icom43.net
> A driving licence is a licence to kill.- Hide quoted text -

Will you please stop changing the subject heading of threads Doug!

Doug[_3_]
November 11th 10, 08:24 AM
On Nov 11, 8:21*am, Derek C > wrote:
> On Nov 11, 8:10*am, Doug > wrote:

> > > Once again, you pronounce there is a problem, but as ever you don't
> > > provide any sort of solution. What do you propose, then, to reduce the
> > > numer of roadkills of
> > > (a) dogs, where the owner actually has a legal responsibility for its
> > > actions, e.g. running out into the road
> > > (b) large animals, such as deer, which no driver would deliberately
> > > hit, as they can cause significant damage to the car, as well as the
> > > unfortunate deer?
>
> > Most of it could be reduced by reducing speed limits and punishing
> > drivers more severely for exceeding those limits. It is well known
> > that a majority of drivers feely admit to ignoring speed limits and
> > they do so because they are allowed get away with it and the derisory
> > punishments, if any, are no deterrent.
>
> > It is self-evident that the slower you are driving the easier it is to
> > avoid a road kill.

> Will you please stop changing the subject heading of threads Doug!

Why? It is done to correct an obvious bias from the motorists here who
try to dominate this cycling NG while vilifying all things cycling.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Derek C
November 11th 10, 08:46 AM
On Nov 11, 8:24*am, Doug > wrote:

> > Will you please stop changing the subject heading of threads Doug!
>
> Why? It is done to correct an obvious bias from the motorists here who
> try to dominate this cycling NG while vilifying all things cycling.

No, it is just you (Doug) being childish, despite being an stupid old
git!

Tony Dragon
November 11th 10, 06:21 PM
On 11/11/2010 08:46, Derek C wrote:
> On Nov 11, 8:24 am, > wrote:
>>
>>> Will you please stop changing the subject heading of threads Doug!
>>
>> Why? It is done to correct an obvious bias from the motorists here who
>> try to dominate this cycling NG while vilifying all things cycling.
>>

> No, it is just you (Doug) being childish, despite being an stupid old
> git!

I think he is censoring the thread.

--
Tony Dragon

Doug[_3_]
November 12th 10, 10:17 AM
On Nov 11, 6:21*pm, Tony Dragon > wrote:

> >> Why? It is done to correct an obvious bias from the motorists here who
> >> try to dominate this cycling NG while vilifying all things cycling.
>
> > No, it is just you (Doug) being childish, despite being an stupid old
> > git!
>
> I think he is censoring the thread.

No the thread is still complete and now less biased.in favour of
motorists who routinely infest a cycling NG in order to denigrate
cyclists..

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Derek C
November 12th 10, 10:39 AM
On Nov 12, 10:17*am, Doug > wrote:

> > > No, it is just you (Doug) being childish, despite being an stupid old
> > > git!
>
> > I think he is censoring the thread.
>
> No the thread is still complete and now less biased.in favour of
> motorists who routinely infest a cycling NG in order to denigrate
> cyclists..
>
> -- .
Yes, but readers might not know what the thread is about. I am a
motorist and a recreational cyclist. I have no wish to denigrate
competent and law abiding cyclists, but unfortunately they seem to be
in the minority these days!

Derek C

Tony Dragon
November 12th 10, 08:48 PM
On 12/11/2010 10:17, Doug wrote:
> On Nov 11, 6:21 pm, Tony > wrote:

>>> No, it is just you (Doug) being childish, despite being an stupid old
>>> git!
>>
>> I think he is censoring the thread.
>>
> No the thread is still complete and now less biased.in favour of
> motorists who routinely infest a cycling NG in order to denigrate
> cyclists..
>
> -- .
> UK Radical Campaigns.
> http://www.zing.icom43.net
> A driving licence is a licence to kill.

OK, then you are guilty of editing the subject line to alter the meaning
of the posts.

--
Tony Dragon

Google