PDA

View Full Version : Police officer wins award.

Simon Mason[_4_]
November 10th 10, 05:39 PM
Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
them convicted.

http://qurl.com/j9p8n

--
Simon Mason

Mr Pounder
November 10th 10, 05:42 PM
"Simon Mason" > wrote in message
> Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
> them convicted.
>
> http://qurl.com/j9p8n
>
> --
> Simon Mason

And?

Mr Pounder

Simon Mason[_4_]
November 10th 10, 05:46 PM
On Nov 10, 5:42*pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Simon Mason" > wrote in message

> > Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
> > them convicted.
>
> >http://qurl.com/j9p8n
>
> > --
> > Simon Mason
>
> And?
>
> Mr Pounder

Well deserved for going "above and beyond" the call of duty in nailing
these cyclist killers.
Otherwise they would have probably escaped justice.
--
Simon Mason

Mr Pounder
November 10th 10, 07:37 PM
"Simon Mason" > wrote in message
On Nov 10, 5:42 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Simon Mason" > wrote in message

> > Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
> > them convicted.
>
> >http://qurl.com/j9p8n
>
> > --
> > Simon Mason
>
> And?
>
> Mr Pounder

Well deserved for going "above and beyond" the call of duty in nailing
these cyclist killers.
Otherwise they would have probably escaped justice.
--
Simon Mason

Who cares? Who is interested?
But, in the interests of discussion ....
How did he go "above and beyond" the call of duty?
Don't get me wrong here Mr Mason, I respect the police.

Mr Pounder

JNugent[_7_]
November 10th 10, 07:58 PM
On 10/11/2010 17:39, Simon Mason wrote:

> Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
> them convicted.

> http://qurl.com/j9p8n

URL doesn't work here.

Simon Mason[_4_]
November 10th 10, 07:58 PM
On Nov 10, 7:37*pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Simon Mason" > wrote in message

> On Nov 10, 5:42 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Simon Mason" > wrote in message

> > > Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
> > > them convicted.
>
> > >http://qurl.com/j9p8n
>
> > > --
> > > Simon Mason
>
> > And?
>
> > Mr Pounder

> Well deserved for going "above and beyond" the call of duty in nailing
> these cyclist killers.
> Otherwise they would have probably escaped justice.
> --
> Simon Mason
>
> Who cares? Who is interested?
> But, in the interests of discussion ....
> How did he go "above and beyond" the call of duty?
> Don't get me wrong here Mr Mason, I respect the police.
>
> Mr Pounder- Hide quoted text -

This is a cycling NG remember.
It is a good cop that goes out of his way to bring a cyclist's killers
to justice, when the easiest option would be to go down the "not
enough evidence" route.
Glad to see him rewarded for his diligence.
--
Simon Mason

Mr Pounder
November 10th 10, 08:11 PM
"Simon Mason" > wrote in message
On Nov 10, 7:37 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Simon Mason" > wrote in message

> On Nov 10, 5:42 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Simon Mason" > wrote in message

> > > Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
> > > them convicted.
>
> > >http://qurl.com/j9p8n
>
> > > --
> > > Simon Mason
>
> > And?
>
> > Mr Pounder

> Well deserved for going "above and beyond" the call of duty in nailing
> these cyclist killers.
> Otherwise they would have probably escaped justice.
> --
> Simon Mason
>
> Who cares? Who is interested?
> But, in the interests of discussion ....
> How did he go "above and beyond" the call of duty?
> Don't get me wrong here Mr Mason, I respect the police.
>
> Mr Pounder- Hide quoted text -

This is a cycling NG remember.
It is a good cop that goes out of his way to bring a cyclist's killers
to justice, when the easiest option would be to go down the "not
enough evidence" route.
Glad to see him rewarded for his diligence.
--
Simon Mason

How did he go "above and beyond" the call of duty?
How did he go "out of his way"?
You started this Mr Mason, please answer my questions.

Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder
November 10th 10, 08:12 PM
"JNugent" > wrote in message
> On 10/11/2010 17:39, Simon Mason wrote:
>
>> Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
>> them convicted.
>
>> http://qurl.com/j9p8n
>
> URL doesn't work here.

>Still works here. You are not missing much.

Mr Pounder

Simon Mason[_4_]
November 10th 10, 08:17 PM
On Nov 10, 8:12*pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "JNugent" > wrote in message

> > On 10/11/2010 17:39, Simon Mason wrote:
>
> >> Officer wins an award for going after a cyclist's killers and getting
> >> them convicted.
>
> >>http://qurl.com/j9p8n

URL doesn't work here.

Here you go:

A POLICE officer who went above and beyond the call of duty when
helping the family of a cyclist killed in a road rage crash has been
given this year’s Livia Award.

The award is bestowed annually to a Met officer in memory of Livia
Galli-Atkinson, who was just 16 when she was killed by a car mounting
the pavement as she made her way to her ballet class in Enfield in
1998.

The driver was not jailed and the family launched a series of legal
appeals in their bid to get justice for their daughter.

The appeals failed but parents George Atkinson and Giulietta Galli-
Atkinson were so impressed by the support that they received from
police that they set up the award.
The recipient of this year’s Livia Award was Detective Inspector Mark
Cam, from Catford Garage in south London.

Graham Thwaites was killed in September 2008 when two drivers clashed
and one careered off the road ploughing into his bike. DI Cam and his
team pieced together hundreds of bits of evidence to secure the
convictions of both drivers and their three passengers.
Mr Cam received his prize at an Enfield Police police awards ceremony
hosted by Enfield Southgate MP David Burrowes and his predecessor
Stephen Twigg. The awards were presented by Director of Public
Prosecutions Keir Starmer QC.

Livia’s mother Giulietta said “We are proud of the commitment and
quality our city’s traffic police investigators keep showing and each
year our panel tells us how difficult it is to choose a winner. Mark
Cam is a flag-bearer but he would also wish us to acknowledge his
tremendous team in achieving the result.”

--
Simon Mason

JNugent[_7_]
November 10th 10, 08:25 PM
On 10/11/2010 20:17, Simon Mason wrote:

> "Mr > wrote:
>> > wrote in message

> URL doesn't work here.

> Here you go:
> A POLICE officer who went above and beyond the call of duty when
> helping the family of a cyclist killed in a road rage crash has been
> given this year’s Livia Award.
> The award is bestowed annually to a Met officer in memory of Livia
> Galli-Atkinson, who was just 16 when she was killed by a car mounting
> the pavement as she made her way to her ballet class in Enfield in
> 1998.
> The driver was not jailed and the family launched a series of legal
> appeals in their bid to get justice for their daughter.
> The appeals failed but parents George Atkinson and Giulietta Galli-
> Atkinson were so impressed by the support that they received from
> police that they set up the award.
> The recipient of this year’s Livia Award was Detective Inspector Mark
> Cam, from Catford Garage in south London.
> Graham Thwaites was killed in September 2008 when two drivers clashed
> and one careered off the road ploughing into his bike. DI Cam and his
> team pieced together hundreds of bits of evidence to secure the
> convictions of both drivers and their three passengers.
> Mr Cam received his prize at an Enfield Police police awards ceremony
> hosted by Enfield Southgate MP David Burrowes and his predecessor
> Stephen Twigg. The awards were presented by Director of Public
> Prosecutions Keir Starmer QC.
> Livia’s mother Giulietta said “We are proud of the commitment and
> quality our city’s traffic police investigators keep showing and each
> year our panel tells us how difficult it is to choose a winner. Mark
> Cam is a flag-bearer but he would also wish us to acknowledge his
> tremendous team in achieving the result.”

Thanks for that.

<shrug>

What was your point?

The police are supposed to do that. It's what we taxpayers pay them for.

> --
> Simon Mason

Simon Mason[_4_]
November 10th 10, 08:28 PM
On Nov 10, 8:25*pm, JNugent > wrote:

> > URL doesn't work here.
> > Here you go:
> > A POLICE officer who went above and beyond the call of duty when
> > helping the family of a cyclist killed in a road rage crash has been
> > given this year’s Livia Award.
> > The award is bestowed annually to a Met officer in memory of Livia
> > Galli-Atkinson, who was just 16 when she was killed by a car mounting
> > the pavement as she made her way to her ballet class in Enfield in
> > 1998.
> > The driver was not jailed and the family launched a series of legal
> > appeals in their bid to get justice for their daughter.
> > The appeals failed but parents George Atkinson and Giulietta Galli-
> > Atkinson were so impressed by the support that they received from
> > police that they set up the award.
> > The recipient of this year’s Livia Award was Detective Inspector Mark
> > Cam, from Catford Garage in south London.
> > Graham Thwaites was killed in September 2008 when two drivers clashed
> > and one careered off the road ploughing into his bike. DI Cam and his
> > team pieced together hundreds of bits of evidence to secure the
> > convictions of both drivers and their three passengers.
> > Mr Cam received his prize at an Enfield Police police awards ceremony
> > hosted by Enfield Southgate MP David Burrowes and his predecessor
> > Stephen Twigg. The awards were presented by Director of Public
> > Prosecutions Keir Starmer QC.
> > Livia’s mother Giulietta said “We are proud of the commitment and
> > quality our city’s traffic police investigators keep showing and each
> > year our panel tells us how difficult it is to choose a winner. Mark
> > Cam is a flag-bearer but he would also wish us to acknowledge his
> > tremendous team in achieving the result.”
>
> Thanks for that.
>
> <shrug>
>
> What was your point?
>
> The police are supposed to do that. It's what we taxpayers pay them for.

Obviously he went further than the expected standard service - hence
the award.

--
Simon Mason

JNugent[_7_]
November 10th 10, 08:42 PM
On 10/11/2010 20:28, Simon Mason wrote:
> On Nov 10, 8:25 pm, > wrote:

>>> URL doesn't work here.
>>> Here you go:
>>> A POLICE officer who went above and beyond the call of duty when
>>> helping the family of a cyclist killed in a road rage crash has been
>>> given this year’s Livia Award.
>>> The award is bestowed annually to a Met officer in memory of Livia
>>> Galli-Atkinson, who was just 16 when she was killed by a car mounting
>>> the pavement as she made her way to her ballet class in Enfield in
>>> 1998.
>>> The driver was not jailed and the family launched a series of legal
>>> appeals in their bid to get justice for their daughter.
>>> The appeals failed but parents George Atkinson and Giulietta Galli-
>>> Atkinson were so impressed by the support that they received from
>>> police that they set up the award.
>>> The recipient of this year’s Livia Award was Detective Inspector Mark
>>> Cam, from Catford Garage in south London.
>>> Graham Thwaites was killed in September 2008 when two drivers clashed
>>> and one careered off the road ploughing into his bike. DI Cam and his
>>> team pieced together hundreds of bits of evidence to secure the
>>> convictions of both drivers and their three passengers.
>>> Mr Cam received his prize at an Enfield Police police awards ceremony
>>> hosted by Enfield Southgate MP David Burrowes and his predecessor
>>> Stephen Twigg. The awards were presented by Director of Public
>>> Prosecutions Keir Starmer QC.
>>> Livia’s mother Giulietta said “We are proud of the commitment and
>>> quality our city’s traffic police investigators keep showing and each
>>> year our panel tells us how difficult it is to choose a winner. Mark
>>> Cam is a flag-bearer but he would also wish us to acknowledge his
>>> tremendous team in achieving the result.”
>>
>> Thanks for that.
>>
>> <shrug>
>>
>> What was your point?
>>
>> The police are supposed to do that. It's what we taxpayers pay them for.
>
> Obviously he went further than the expected standard service - hence
> the award.

....and?

Mr Pounder
November 10th 10, 08:44 PM
"Simon Mason" > wrote in message
On Nov 10, 8:25 pm, JNugent > wrote:

> > URL doesn't work here.
> > Here you go:
> > A POLICE officer who went above and beyond the call of duty when
> > helping the family of a cyclist killed in a road rage crash has been
> > given this year's Livia Award.
> > The award is bestowed annually to a Met officer in memory of Livia
> > Galli-Atkinson, who was just 16 when she was killed by a car mounting
> > the pavement as she made her way to her ballet class in Enfield in
> > 1998.
> > The driver was not jailed and the family launched a series of legal
> > appeals in their bid to get justice for their daughter.
> > The appeals failed but parents George Atkinson and Giulietta Galli-
> > Atkinson were so impressed by the support that they received from
> > police that they set up the award.
> > The recipient of this year's Livia Award was Detective Inspector Mark
> > Cam, from Catford Garage in south London.
> > Graham Thwaites was killed in September 2008 when two drivers clashed
> > and one careered off the road ploughing into his bike. DI Cam and his
> > team pieced together hundreds of bits of evidence to secure the
> > convictions of both drivers and their three passengers.
> > Mr Cam received his prize at an Enfield Police police awards ceremony
> > hosted by Enfield Southgate MP David Burrowes and his predecessor
> > Stephen Twigg. The awards were presented by Director of Public
> > Prosecutions Keir Starmer QC.
> > Livia's mother Giulietta said "We are proud of the commitment and
> > quality our city's traffic police investigators keep showing and each
> > year our panel tells us how difficult it is to choose a winner. Mark
> > Cam is a flag-bearer but he would also wish us to acknowledge his
> > tremendous team in achieving the result."
>
> Thanks for that.
>
> <shrug>
>
> What was your point?
>
> The police are supposed to do that. It's what we taxpayers pay them for.

Obviously he went further than the expected standard service - hence
the award.

--
Simon Mason

"Standard service"?
"Above and beyond" the call of duty?
"Out of his way"?

You really should have take my advice Mr Mason. When you are in a corner
walk away.
It is known as weaselling.
Tomorrow everybody will have forgotten about your posting and you can kick
off again.
Trust me on this one.

Mr Pounder

Simon Mason[_4_]
November 10th 10, 08:55 PM
On Nov 10, 8:44*pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:

> You really should have take my advice Mr Mason. When you are in a corner
> walk away.
> It is known as weaselling.
> Tomorrow everybody will have forgotten about your posting and you can kick
> off again.
> Trust me on this one.

Ho ho.
That applies to everybody on "Question Time" as well.
--
Simon Mason

Mr Pounder
November 10th 10, 09:25 PM
"Simon Mason" > wrote in message
On Nov 10, 8:44 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:

> You really should have take my advice Mr Mason. When you are in a corner
> walk away.
> It is known as weaselling.
> Tomorrow everybody will have forgotten about your posting and you can kick
> off again.
> Trust me on this one.

Ho ho.
That applies to everybody on "Question Time" as well.
--
Simon Mason

Correct & HTH.

Mr Pounder