PDA

View Full Version : Cycling club

Mr Pounder
November 11th 10, 04:35 PM
Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
children.
It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays.
It is very reassuring to watch the lessons they have learnt.
They are riding on the footpath and all over the road whilst the
"Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them with a caring eye.

Mr Pounder

bod
November 11th 10, 04:59 PM
On 11/11/2010 16:35, Mr Pounder wrote:
> Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
> children.
> It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays.
> It is very reassuring to watch the lessons they have learnt.
> They are riding on the footpath and all over the road whilst the
> "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them with a caring eye.
>
> Mr Pounder

Unbelievable!!
No wonder half the cyclists are a danger to themselves and others.
The instructor must have had his brain rewired.....the wrong way.

Bod

NM
November 11th 10, 05:09 PM
On Nov 11, 4:35*pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
> children.
> It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays.
> It is very reassuring to watch the lessons they have learnt.
> They are riding on the footpath and all over the road whilst the
> "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them with a caring eye.
>
> Mr Pounder

Did they have parents in high viz as well, simulating pedestrians to
be knocked over and collided with? Maybe a torch on a stick to
simulate a traffic light to be ignored?

Squashme
November 11th 10, 05:10 PM
On Nov 11, 4:35*pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
> children.
> It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays.
> It is very reassuring to watch the lessons they have learnt.
> They are riding on the footpath and all over the road whilst the
> "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them with a caring eye.
>
> Mr Pounder

Have you been CRB'd?

Mr Pounder
November 11th 10, 05:14 PM
"bod" > wrote in message
> On 11/11/2010 16:35, Mr Pounder wrote:
>> Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
>> children.
>> It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays.
>> It is very reassuring to watch the lessons they have learnt.
>> They are riding on the footpath and all over the road whilst the
>> "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them with a caring eye.
>>
>> Mr Pounder
>>

> Unbelievable!!
> No wonder half the cyclists are a danger to themselves and others.
> The instructor must have had his brain rewired.....the wrong way.
>
> Bod

I would have thought that an instructor would need to know the law and would
have common sense.

Mr Pounder

Mike P[_19_]
November 11th 10, 05:17 PM
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:10:10 -0800, Squashme boggled us with:

> On Nov 11, 4:35Â*pm, "Mr Pounder" > wrote:
>> Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
>> children.
>> It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays. It is very reassuring to
>> watch the lessons they have learnt. They are riding on the footpath and
>> all over the road whilst the "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them
>> with a caring eye.
>>
>> Mr Pounder
>
> Have you been CRB'd?

My kids will be taught to ride safely, and they can ride on the footpath,
and I want them to do so until they are old enough and sensible enough to
ride on the road safely, like any sane parent would do. There was **** all
wrong with it when I was a kid, no one complained.

I certainley wouldn't like them using the road if it's full of the anti-
cyclist, thick, aggressive, ****s who post on this newsgroup.

--
Mike P

NM
November 11th 10, 05:31 PM
On Nov 11, 5:17*pm, Mike P > wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:10:10 -0800, Squashme boggled us with:
>
> > On Nov 11, 4:35*pm, "Mr Pounder" > wrote:
> >> Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
> >> children.
> >> It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays. It is very reassuring to
> >> watch the lessons they have learnt. They are riding on the footpath and
> >> all over the road whilst the "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them
> >> with a caring eye.
>
> >> Mr Pounder
>
> > Have you been CRB'd?
>
> My kids will be taught to ride safely, and they can ride on the footpath,
> and I want them to do so until they are old enough and sensible enough to
> ride on the road safely, like any sane parent would do. There was **** all
> wrong with it when I was a kid, no one complained.

I had a different experience my friend, a neighbourhood kid and I,
aged must have been below eleven (as it was pre-grammar school) were
stopped by a police motorcyclist for pavement cycling along a wide
pavement alongside an industrial unit (no pedestrians) he told us to
cycle home ( a few hundred yards) and followed on his motor cycle, He
managed to contact the other kids mum, as a result the kid got a belt
around the ear, luckily he couldn't find my mum or I would have copped
the same so he administered a severe bollocking instead, all totally
unnecessary and served to start the seeds of my life long 'respesct'
for the police.

> I certainley wouldn't like them using the road if it's full of the anti-
> cyclist, thick, aggressive, ****s who post on this newsgroup.

So far on this newsgroup most of the aggression I personally have
experienced has come from you (a few months ago IYRC)

Mr Pounder
November 11th 10, 05:33 PM
"NM" > wrote in message
On Nov 11, 4:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
> children.
> It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays.
> It is very reassuring to watch the lessons they have learnt.
> They are riding on the footpath and all over the road whilst the
> "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them with a caring eye.
>
> Mr Pounder

Did they have parents in high viz as well, simulating pedestrians to
be knocked over and collided with? Maybe a torch on a stick to
simulate a traffic light to be ignored?

That comes naturally.

Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder
November 11th 10, 05:35 PM
"Squashme" > wrote in message
On Nov 11, 4:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
> children.
> It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays.
> It is very reassuring to watch the lessons they have learnt.
> They are riding on the footpath and all over the road whilst the
> "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them with a caring eye.
>
> Mr Pounder

Have you been CRB'd?

Less than 12 months ago.

Mr Pounder

Squashme
November 11th 10, 05:40 PM
On Nov 11, 5:35*pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Squashme" > wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 4:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>
> > Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
> > children.
> > It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays.
> > It is very reassuring to watch the lessons they have learnt.
> > They are riding on the footpath and all over the road whilst the
> > "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them with a caring eye.
>
> > Mr Pounder
>
> Have you been CRB'd?
>
> Less than 12 months ago.
>
> Mr Pounder

Just checking. Carry on watching the children then.

Mr Pounder
November 11th 10, 05:40 PM
"Mike P" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:10:10 -0800, Squashme boggled us with:
>
>> On Nov 11, 4:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" > wrote:
>>> Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
>>> children.
>>> It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays. It is very reassuring to
>>> watch the lessons they have learnt. They are riding on the footpath and
>>> all over the road whilst the "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them
>>> with a caring eye.
>>>
>>> Mr Pounder
>>
>> Have you been CRB'd?
>

> My kids will be taught to ride safely, and they can ride on the footpath,
> and I want them to do so until they are old enough and sensible enough to
> ride on the road safely, like any sane parent would do. There was **** all
> wrong with it when I was a kid, no one complained.
>
> I certainley wouldn't like them using the road if it's full of the anti-
> cyclist, thick, aggressive, ****s who post on this newsgroup.
>

> --
> Mike P

Yup, you are as thick as the instructor.
You are no longer a kid and these days people do not like ****ing cyclists
riding on the footpath.
Or, have you not picked up on that yet?

Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder
November 11th 10, 05:42 PM
"NM" > wrote in message
On Nov 11, 5:17 pm, Mike P > wrote:
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:10:10 -0800, Squashme boggled us with:
>
> > On Nov 11, 4:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" > wrote:
> >> Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
> >> children.
> >> It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays. It is very reassuring to
> >> watch the lessons they have learnt. They are riding on the footpath and
> >> all over the road whilst the "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them
> >> with a caring eye.
>
> >> Mr Pounder
>
> > Have you been CRB'd?
>
> My kids will be taught to ride safely, and they can ride on the footpath,
> and I want them to do so until they are old enough and sensible enough to
> ride on the road safely, like any sane parent would do. There was **** all
> wrong with it when I was a kid, no one complained.

I had a different experience my friend, a neighbourhood kid and I,
aged must have been below eleven (as it was pre-grammar school) were
stopped by a police motorcyclist for pavement cycling along a wide
pavement alongside an industrial unit (no pedestrians) he told us to
cycle home ( a few hundred yards) and followed on his motor cycle, He
managed to contact the other kids mum, as a result the kid got a belt
around the ear, luckily he couldn't find my mum or I would have copped
the same so he administered a severe bollocking instead, all totally
unnecessary and served to start the seeds of my life long 'respesct'
for the police.

He did the right thing.

> I certainley wouldn't like them using the road if it's full of the anti-
> cyclist, thick, aggressive, ****s who post on this newsgroup.

So far on this newsgroup most of the aggression I personally have
experienced has come from you (a few months ago IYRC)

JMS
November 11th 10, 05:42 PM
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:35:05 -0000, "Mr Pounder"
> wrote:

>Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
>children.
>It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays.
>It is very reassuring to watch the lessons they have learnt.
>They are riding on the footpath and all over the road whilst the
>"Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them with a caring eye.
>
>Mr Pounder

I wonder - could it be Mr Crispin - I undertand that he is trying his
hand at teaching; however, I don't think he really has what it takes.
--
DfT: Year ending June 2010:

Pedestrian casualties down 3%
Car casualties down 3%
Motorcycle casualties down 6%
Motorcyclists KSI down 6%
Car users KSI down 9%
Pedestrians KSI down 8%

Oh - hang on - there are some missing :

Cyclist casualties up 4%
Cyclist KSI up 1%

Mr Pounder
November 11th 10, 05:53 PM
"Squashme" > wrote in message
On Nov 11, 5:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Squashme" > wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 4:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>
> > Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
> > children.
> > It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays.
> > It is very reassuring to watch the lessons they have learnt.
> > They are riding on the footpath and all over the road whilst the
> > "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them with a caring eye.
>
> > Mr Pounder
>
> Have you been CRB'd?
>
> Less than 12 months ago.
>
> Mr Pounder

Just checking. Carry on watching the children then.

Do you often infer that posters who kick your arse are paedophiles?

Mr Pounder

bod
November 11th 10, 05:53 PM
On 11/11/2010 17:31, NM wrote:
> On Nov 11, 5:17 pm, Mike > wrote:

>>> Have you been CRB'd?
>>
>> My kids will be taught to ride safely, and they can ride on the footpath,
>> and I want them to do so until they are old enough and sensible enough to
>> ride on the road safely, like any sane parent would do. There was **** all
>> wrong with it when I was a kid, no one complained.
>
> I had a different experience my friend, a neighbourhood kid and I,
> aged must have been below eleven (as it was pre-grammar school) were
> stopped by a police motorcyclist for pavement cycling along a wide
> pavement alongside an industrial unit (no pedestrians) he told us to
> cycle home ( a few hundred yards) and followed on his motor cycle, He
> managed to contact the other kids mum, as a result the kid got a belt
> around the ear, luckily he couldn't find my mum or I would have copped
> the same so he administered a severe bollocking instead, all totally
> unnecessary and served to start the seeds of my life long 'respesct'
> for the police.
>

>> I certainley wouldn't like them using the road if it's full of the anti-
>> cyclist, thick, aggressive, ****s who post on this newsgroup.
>>

> So far on this newsgroup most of the aggression I personally have
> experienced has come from you (a few months ago IYRC)

Well I've just checked about 1500 previous posts and I can't find any
aggression from Mike P, except about CMers, which was justified.
Perhaps you can find one?

Bod

Trevor A Panther[_3_]
November 11th 10, 07:24 PM
"Mike P" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:10:10 -0800, Squashme boggled us with:
>
>> On Nov 11, 4:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" > wrote:
>>> Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
>>> children.
>>> It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays. It is very reassuring to
>>> watch the lessons they have learnt. They are riding on the footpath and
>>> all over the road whilst the "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them
>>> with a caring eye.
>>>
>>> Mr Pounder
>>
>> Have you been CRB'd?
>

> My kids will be taught to ride safely, and they can ride on the footpath,
> and I want them to do so until they are old enough and sensible enough to
> ride on the road safely, like any sane parent would do. There was **** all
> wrong with it when I was a kid, no one complained.
>
> I certainley wouldn't like them using the road if it's full of the anti-
> cyclist, thick, aggressive, ****s who post on this newsgroup.
>

> --

Funnily enough I am of an age where I learned to ride on the road -- and
even as a boy of less than 11 years old I was taught / learnt that it was
totally forbiddden to cycle on the pavement.
i cyled daily and when i went to grammar school at the ageo f 11 I cycled
the huge 8 miles round journey all through spring and summer -- i avoided it
in winter -- the days of real "smog".

I stopped cycling when i was 19 -- the age when i went off to RMASandhurst
and I dont suppose i cycled seriously at all in the next 40 years

So when i took it up again in my dotage I presumed that the same rules
applied -- and indeed i still follow thise rules.

I suppose I should have realised the changes that took place but I spent
over half of those years living in foreign climes

It was only when i started cycling seriously again some 10 years ago that i
saw how tihngs had changed. of course i had become aware, on my return to UK
in 1985 that all children rode their bikers on the pavement but also an
awful lot of adultsd did too -- and took little regard for people like me as
we walked there.

There needs to be an inforcement of the rule that no one rides on the
pavement -- perhaps that should be a "reinforcement" where all ages are
banned from the pavement.

Much of the hassle commented on in these pages is caused by 8 t0 15 yrs olds
who have learnt to just dump their cycles flat on the pavement anywhere -- i
have always propped my bikes (and still do) but in the area that i cyle of
the number of POBs that I see,of adult age, cycle on the pavement! And i am
no talking about "shared use" pavements. Even the few local bicycle mounted
polise cycle on pavement and in pedestrain only areas!

So lets just stop faffing around moaning about "car drivers" or moaning
about "cyclists".

if all these illegal POBs on the pavement were "fined" on to the road then
there would have to be an immense improvement in awareness of all road users
byt those who are ensconced in their metal boxes.

i certainly shout at more POBs who are cycling illegally on pavements,
during my daily rides on road, than I ever curse at incompetent drivers.

Today i watched a 12ish year old lad doing his "wheely for over 200 metres.
during which time he cycle on pavemet, in both lanes of a dual carriageway
and through 3 sets of red lights -- all on his rear wheel.

But if he had fallen and a car had hit him I am sure that Simon Mason would
have found the headline in whatwever local newspaper and yet again stirred
the pot of his endless wrestling with the equally potty motoring fraternity
who feel they are always in the roight too!

just a little rant -- and going off at various tangents. -- but probably no
more unintelligle than all the wrangling that occusrs ceaselessly on these
pages

--
From
Trevor A Panther

> Mike P

Tom Crispin[_4_]
November 11th 10, 08:18 PM
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:42:59 +0000, JMS >
wrote:

>On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 16:35:05 -0000, "Mr Pounder"
> wrote:
>
>>Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
>>children.
>>It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays.
>>It is very reassuring to watch the lessons they have learnt.
>>They are riding on the footpath and all over the road whilst the
>>"Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them with a caring eye.
>>
>>Mr Pounder
>

>I wonder - could it be Mr Crispin - I undertand that he is trying his
>hand at teaching; however, I don't think he really has what it takes.

Not me:
1. We haven't had a Saturday ride since 16 October;
2. We don't use the footway unless marked for cyclists;
3. My pupils ride in the road using a position where they can see
clearly and can be seen clearly, while keeping a car door's width from
parked cars;
4. While I do wear a hi viz, I watch with a critical eye.

Mike P[_20_]
November 11th 10, 08:23 PM
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:40:23 +0000, Mr Pounder boggled us with:

> "Mike P" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:10:10 -0800, Squashme boggled us with:

>>> Have you been CRB'd?
>>

>> My kids will be taught to ride safely, and they can ride on the
>> footpath, and I want them to do so until they are old enough and
>> sensible enough to ride on the road safely, like any sane parent would
>> do. There was **** all wrong with it when I was a kid, no one
>> complained.
>>
>> I certainley wouldn't like them using the road if it's full of the
>> anti- cyclist, thick, aggressive, ****s who post on this newsgroup.
>>

>> --
>> Mike P
>
> Yup, you are as thick as the instructor. You are no longer a kid and
> these days people do not like ****ing cyclists riding on the footpath.
> Or, have you not picked up on that yet?

What the **** are you on about you stupid ****?

Did I say I would cycle on the pavement with them? No of course not. I
don't want ****s like you and the medway tosspot, Boltar etc driving
anywhere near them, thanks..

--
Mike P

Mike P[_20_]
November 11th 10, 08:29 PM
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 19:24:44 +0000, Trevor A Panther boggled us with:

> "Mike P" > wrote in message
>> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:10:10 -0800, Squashme boggled us with:

>>> Have you been CRB'd?
>>

>> My kids will be taught to ride safely, and they can ride on the
>> footpath, and I want them to do so until they are old enough and
>> sensible enough to ride on the road safely, like any sane parent would
>> do. There was **** all wrong with it when I was a kid, no one
>> complained.
>>
>> I certainley wouldn't like them using the road if it's full of the
>> anti- cyclist, thick, aggressive, ****s who post on this newsgroup.
>>

>> --
>

> Funnily enough I am of an age where I learned to ride on the road -- and
> even as a boy of less than 11 years old I was taught / learnt that it
> was totally forbiddden to cycle on the pavement.

I did my cycling profiecieny thing at junior school, it would have been
1980 or 81. No mention of legality was made of riding on the road or
pavement. I had a Raleigh boxer at the time, a bike wholly unsuitable for
a child to be on the road on. I started riding on the road about 1985 when
I got a proper road bike, and haven't ridden on the pavement since, apart
from recently - on a part where I've yet to see anyone actually walking on
the pavement in 18 months..

> So lets just stop faffing around moaning about "car drivers" or moaning
> about "cyclists".

I love my car. I prefer it by far to riding my bike. It's just that I
happen to cycle for pleasure, commuting and fitness..

> if all these illegal POBs on the pavement were "fined" on to the road
> then there would have to be an immense improvement in awareness of all
> road users byt those who are ensconced in their metal boxes.

I'm sorry, you live in a fantasy world if you think that. Have you read
some of the anti-cyclist posts on here whinging about getting stuck behind
them?

> i certainly shout at more POBs who are cycling illegally on pavements,
> during my daily rides on road, than I ever curse at incompetent drivers.
>
> Today i watched a 12ish year old lad doing his "wheely for over 200
> metres. during which time he cycle on pavemet, in both lanes of a dual
> carriageway and through 3 sets of red lights -- all on his rear wheel.

That's ok, I once did one for at least 3 times that distance at over 80mph
on my motorbike, didn't jump any red lights or go on pavements though.

--
Mike P

Squashme
November 11th 10, 08:32 PM
On Nov 11, 5:53*pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Squashme" > wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 5:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > On Nov 11, 4:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> > wrote:
>
> > > Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club for
> > > children.
> > > It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays.
> > > It is very reassuring to watch the lessons they have learnt.
> > > They are riding on the footpath and all over the road whilst the
> > > "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them with a caring eye.
>
> > > Mr Pounder
>
> > Have you been CRB'd?
>
> > Less than 12 months ago.
>
> > Mr Pounder
>
> Just checking. Carry on watching the children then.
>
> Do you often infer that posters who kick your arse are paedophiles?
>
> Mr Pounder

Do you often have these fantasies of licking people's arses?

Mr Pounder
November 11th 10, 08:41 PM
"Squashme" > wrote in message
On Nov 11, 5:53 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Squashme" > wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 5:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > On Nov 11, 4:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> > wrote:
>
> > > Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club
> > > for
> > > children.
> > > It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays.
> > > It is very reassuring to watch the lessons they have learnt.
> > > They are riding on the footpath and all over the road whilst the
> > > "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them with a caring eye.
>
> > > Mr Pounder
>
> > Have you been CRB'd?
>
> > Less than 12 months ago.
>
> > Mr Pounder
>
> Just checking. Carry on watching the children then.
>
> Do you often infer that posters who kick your arse are paedophiles?
>
> Mr Pounder

Do you often have these fantasies of licking people's arses?

Mr Pounder
November 11th 10, 08:52 PM
"Squashme" > wrote in message
On Nov 11, 5:53 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Squashme" > wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 5:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > On Nov 11, 4:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> > wrote:
>
> > > Down the road from me is a school which I assume has a cycling club
> > > for
> > > children.
> > > It seems they have a meeting on Saturdays.
> > > It is very reassuring to watch the lessons they have learnt.
> > > They are riding on the footpath and all over the road whilst the
> > > "Instructor" wearing a hi viz watches them with a caring eye.
>
> > > Mr Pounder
>
> > Have you been CRB'd?
>
> > Less than 12 months ago.
>
> > Mr Pounder
>
> Just checking. Carry on watching the children then.
>
> Do you often infer that posters who kick your arse are paedophiles?
>
> Mr Pounder

Do you often have these fantasies of licking people's arses?

Do you really wish to spar words with me?

Mr Pounder

Squashme
November 11th 10, 08:54 PM
On Nov 11, 8:52*pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Squashme" > wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 5:53 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > On Nov 11, 5:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> > wrote:
>
> > > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > > Have you been CRB'd?
>
> > > Less than 12 months ago.
>
> > > Mr Pounder
>
> > Just checking. Carry on watching the children then.
>
> > Do you often infer that posters who kick your arse are paedophiles?
>
> > Mr Pounder
>
> Do you often have these fantasies of licking people's arses?
>
> Do you really wish to spar words with me?
>
> Mr Pounder

Jeez, it took you two goes to get that out.

Mr Pounder
November 11th 10, 09:00 PM
"Squashme" > wrote in message
On Nov 11, 8:52 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Squashme" > wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 5:53 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > On Nov 11, 5:35 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> > wrote:
>
> > > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > > Have you been CRB'd?
>
> > > Less than 12 months ago.
>
> > > Mr Pounder
>
> > Just checking. Carry on watching the children then.
>
> > Do you often infer that posters who kick your arse are paedophiles?
>
> > Mr Pounder
>
> Do you often have these fantasies of licking people's arses?
>
> Do you really wish to spar words with me?
>
> Mr Pounder

Jeez, it took you two goes to get that out.

Wot?

Mr Pounder

Squashme
November 11th 10, 09:04 PM
On Nov 11, 9:00*pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Squashme" > wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 8:52 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > On Nov 11, 5:53 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> > wrote:
>
> > > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > > Just checking. Carry on watching the children then.
>
> > > Do you often infer that posters who kick your arse are paedophiles?
>
> > > Mr Pounder
>
> > Do you often have these fantasies of licking people's arses?
>
> > Do you really wish to spar words with me?
>
> > Mr Pounder
>
> Jeez, it took you two goes to get that out.
>
> Wot?
>
> Mr Pounder

Your first reply was just echolalia, I guess.

JMS
November 11th 10, 09:10 PM
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 19:24:44 -0000, "Trevor A Panther"
> wrote:

<snip>

>i certainly shout at more POBs who are cycling illegally on pavements,
>during my daily rides on road, than I ever curse at incompetent drivers.

Well thank you very much Mr Panther for an honest comment -
appreciated.

It has always amazed me how so many others who post to this group will
just not accept what you say - when others have said similar.

Very refreshing.

--
DfT: Year ending June 2010:

Pedestrian casualties down 3%
Car casualties down 3%
Motorcycle casualties down 6%
Motorcyclists KSI down 6%
Car users KSI down 9%
Pedestrians KSI down 8%

Oh - hang on - there are some missing :

Cyclist casualties up 4%
Cyclist KSI up 1%

Mr Pounder
November 11th 10, 09:16 PM
"Mike P" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:40:23 +0000, Mr Pounder boggled us with:
>
>> "Mike P" > wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 09:10:10 -0800, Squashme boggled us with:

>>> My kids will be taught to ride safely, and they can ride on the
>>> footpath, and I want them to do so until they are old enough and
>>> sensible enough to ride on the road safely, like any sane parent would
>>> do. There was **** all wrong with it when I was a kid, no one
>>> complained.
>>>
>>> I certainley wouldn't like them using the road if it's full of the
>>> anti- cyclist, thick, aggressive, ****s who post on this newsgroup.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Mike P
>>
>> Yup, you are as thick as the instructor. You are no longer a kid and
>> these days people do not like ****ing cyclists riding on the footpath.
>> Or, have you not picked up on that yet?
>
> What the **** are you on about you stupid ****?
>
> Did I say I would cycle on the pavement with them? No of course not. I
> don't want ****s like you and the medway tosspot, Boltar etc driving
> anywhere near them, thanks..

Where did I say that *you* rode on the footpath?
You did not even read my post correctly but you saw fit to mouth it off.
Have you always been as thick as pig **** or is this one of your good days?

Mr Pounder

> --

Mr Pounder
November 11th 10, 09:55 PM
"Squashme" > wrote in message
On Nov 11, 9:00 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Squashme" > wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 8:52 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > On Nov 11, 5:53 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> > wrote:
>
> > > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > > Just checking. Carry on watching the children then.
>
> > > Do you often infer that posters who kick your arse are paedophiles?
>
> > > Mr Pounder
>
> > Do you often have these fantasies of licking people's arses?
>
> > Do you really wish to spar words with me?
>
> > Mr Pounder
>
> Jeez, it took you two goes to get that out.
>
> Wot?
>
> Mr Pounder

Your first reply was just echolalia, I guess.

Do you often infer that posters who kick your arse are paedophiles?

Mr Pounder

Squashme
November 11th 10, 10:10 PM
On Nov 11, 9:55*pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Squashme" > wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 9:00 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > On Nov 11, 8:52 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> > wrote:
>
> > > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > > Do you often have these fantasies of licking people's arses?
>
> > > Do you really wish to spar words with me?
>
> > > Mr Pounder
>
> > Jeez, it took you two goes to get that out.
>
> > Wot?
>
> > Mr Pounder
>
> Your first reply was just echolalia, I guess.
>
> Do you often infer that posters who kick your arse are paedophiles?
>
> Mr Pounder

Do you often have these fantasies of licking people's arses?

Mr Pounder
November 11th 10, 10:36 PM
"Squashme" > wrote in message
On Nov 11, 9:55 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Squashme" > wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 9:00 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > On Nov 11, 8:52 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> > wrote:
>
> > > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > > Do you often have these fantasies of licking people's arses?
>
> > > Do you really wish to spar words with me?
>
> > > Mr Pounder
>
> > Jeez, it took you two goes to get that out.
>
> > Wot?
>
> > Mr Pounder
>
> Your first reply was just echolalia, I guess.
>
> Do you often infer that posters who kick your arse are paedophiles?
>
> Mr Pounder

Do you often have these fantasies of licking people's arses?

:-)))))))))))
Good game.
Let's go to Level 2, I'll give you first slap.

Mr Pounder

Squashme
November 11th 10, 10:43 PM
On Nov 11, 10:36*pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Squashme" > wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 9:55 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > On Nov 11, 9:00 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> > wrote:
>
> > > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > > Jeez, it took you two goes to get that out.
>
> > > Wot?
>
> > > Mr Pounder
>
> > Your first reply was just echolalia, I guess.
>
> > Do you often infer that posters who kick your arse are paedophiles?
>
> > Mr Pounder
>
> Do you often have these fantasies of licking people's arses?
>
> :-)))))))))))
> Good game.
> Let's go to Level 2, I'll give you first slap.
>
> Mr Pounder

"Two hands slap and there is a sound. What is the sound of one hand?"

Mr Pounder
November 11th 10, 11:27 PM
"Squashme" > wrote in message
On Nov 11, 10:36 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Squashme" > wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 9:55 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > On Nov 11, 9:00 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> > wrote:
>
> > > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > > Jeez, it took you two goes to get that out.
>
> > > Wot?
>
> > > Mr Pounder
>
> > Your first reply was just echolalia, I guess.
>
> > Do you often infer that posters who kick your arse are paedophiles?
>
> > Mr Pounder
>
> Do you often have these fantasies of licking people's arses?
>
> :-)))))))))))
> Good game.
> Let's go to Level 2, I'll give you first slap.
>
> Mr Pounder

"Two hands slap and there is a sound. What is the sound of one hand?"

Debatably silence and I really do have better things to do than discuss Zen
with a person who has called me a paedophile.
Best you either **** off or apologise to me and the rest of this group.

Mr Pounder

Justin[_3_]
November 12th 10, 05:12 AM

> --
> DfT: Year ending June 2010:
>
> Pedestrian casualties down 3%
> Car casualties down 3%
> Motorcycle casualties down 6%
> Motorcyclists KSI down 6%
> Car users KSI down 9%
> Pedestrians KSI down 8%
>
> Oh - hang on - there are some missing :
>
> Cyclist casualties up 4%
> Cyclist KSI up 1%

Still posting useless figures which prove nothing? Why?
No conclusion can be drawn from this figures - any statistician will
tell you that. Go away and find figures on the change in person miles
per vehicle type. Then calculate the crashes per vehicle type (per
category of injury and/or death) per 100 000 or 1000000 person miles
in your base year and at the end of the period and show the difference
per vehicle type.

Then find a way of statistically recognising the fact that cycling may
be more dangerous (you have no figures yet to support that) than other
transport methods but that the danger is created by users of motorised
vehicles and is thus not intrinsic to the activity of cycling.
There are very few deaths as a result of cyclists colliding with other
non motorised road users. The crashes involving cyclists and motorised
road users end up in the cyclist sustaining far greater injuries in
the majority of cases than the driver.

I went through red again today - loved it.

Derek C
November 12th 10, 07:10 AM
On Nov 12, 5:12*am, Justin > wrote:

> > Cyclist casualties up 4%
> > Cyclist KSI up 1%
>
> Still posting useless figures which prove nothing? Why?
> No conclusion can be drawn from this figures - any statistician will
> tell you that. Go away and find figures on the change in person miles
> per vehicle type. Then calculate the crashes per vehicle type (per
> category of injury and/or death) per 100 000 or 1000000 person miles
> in your base year and at the end of the period and show the difference
> per vehicle type.
>
> Then find a way of statistically recognising the fact that cycling may
> be more dangerous (you have no figures yet to support that) than other
> transport methods but that the danger is created by users of motorised
> vehicles and is thus not intrinsic to the activity of cycling.
> There are very few deaths as a result of cyclists colliding with other
> non motorised road users. The crashes involving cyclists and motorised
> road users end up in the cyclist sustaining far greater injuries in
> the majority of cases than the driver.
>
> I went through red again today - loved it.

Hope you don't have a collision with a driver or pedestrian who has
right of way, due to your red light jumping. Maybe you want to add to
the cyclist KSI statistics?

Derek C

Marc[_5_]
November 12th 10, 07:53 AM
On 11/11/2010 23:27, Mr Pounder wrote:
> > wrote in message
> On Nov 11, 10:36 pm, "Mr >
> wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>>> Your first reply was just echolalia, I guess.
>>
>>> Do you often infer that posters who kick your arse are paedophiles?
>>
>>> Mr Pounder
>>
>> Do you often have these fantasies of licking people's arses?
>>
>> :-)))))))))))
>> Good game.
>> Let's go to Level 2, I'll give you first slap.
>>
>> Mr Pounder
>
> "Two hands slap and there is a sound. What is the sound of one hand?"
>
> Debatably silence and I really do have better things to do than discuss Zen
> with a person who has called me a paedophile.
> Best you either **** off or apologise to me and the rest of this group.

He has no need to apologise to me. You however do.

bugbear
November 12th 10, 09:19 AM
Mr Pounder wrote:

> I would have thought that an instructor would need to know the law and would
> have common sense.

An instructor skilled in doublethink?

BugBear

Mike P[_19_]
November 12th 10, 10:17 AM
On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 21:16:36 +0000, Mr Pounder boggled us with:

> "Mike P" > wrote in message

>>> Yup, you are as thick as the instructor. You are no longer a kid and
>>> these days people do not like ****ing cyclists riding on the footpath.
>>> Or, have you not picked up on that yet?
>>
>> What the **** are you on about you stupid ****?
>>
>> Did I say I would cycle on the pavement with them? No of course not. I
>> don't want ****s like you and the medway tosspot, Boltar etc driving
>> anywhere near them, thanks..
>

> Where did I say that *you* rode on the footpath? You did not even read
> my post correctly but you saw fit to mouth it off. Have you always been
> as thick as pig **** or is this one of your good days?
>
> Mr Pounder

>>You are no longer a kid and these days people do not like ****ing
>>cyclists riding on the footpath.

I read your ****ty post, you ****wit. Look above. What else could you take
"people do not like ****ing cyclists riding on the pavement" as.

I don't live in some Northern ******** like you. We see young kids - I'm
talking 3-7 years old, riding on the pavements, sensibly, with their
parents all the time around here.

Are you suggesting they should be on the road? Fool.

--
Mike P

Mr Pounder
November 12th 10, 10:36 AM
"Mike P" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 21:16:36 +0000, Mr Pounder boggled us with:
>
>> "Mike P" > wrote in message
>>> On Thu, 11 Nov 2010 17:40:23 +0000, Mr Pounder boggled us with:

>>> What the **** are you on about you stupid ****?
>>>
>>> Did I say I would cycle on the pavement with them? No of course not. I
>>> don't want ****s like you and the medway tosspot, Boltar etc driving
>>> anywhere near them, thanks..
>>

>> Where did I say that *you* rode on the footpath? You did not even read
>> my post correctly but you saw fit to mouth it off. Have you always been
>> as thick as pig **** or is this one of your good days?
>>
>> Mr Pounder
>
>>>You are no longer a kid and these days people do not like ****ing
>>>cyclists riding on the footpath.
>
> I read your ****ty post, you ****wit. Look above. What else could you take
> "people do not like ****ing cyclists riding on the pavement" as.

Oh, did I not spell it out for you?

> I don't live in some Northern ******** like you. We see young kids - I'm
> talking 3-7 years old, riding on the pavements, sensibly, with their
> parents all the time around here.

Sounds about right, typical southern dickhead living in the great ********
of the south.

> Are you suggesting they should be on the road? Fool.

Y E S.
See, I spelt it out for you.

> --
> Mike P

PhilO
November 12th 10, 02:35 PM
On Nov 11, 5:42*pm, JMS > wrote:

> Cyclist casualties up 4%

As pointed out to you before - this doesn't mean anything unless you
take account of the increase in cycling.

Mr Pounder
November 12th 10, 03:00 PM
"Justin" > wrote in message

>> --
>> DfT: Year ending June 2010:
>>
>> Pedestrian casualties down 3%
>> Car casualties down 3%
>> Motorcycle casualties down 6%
>> Motorcyclists KSI down 6%
>> Car users KSI down 9%
>> Pedestrians KSI down 8%
>>
>> Oh - hang on - there are some missing :
>>
>> Cyclist casualties up 4%
>> Cyclist KSI up 1%
>
> Still posting useless figures which prove nothing? Why?
> No conclusion can be drawn from this figures - any statistician will
> tell you that. Go away and find figures on the change in person miles
> per vehicle type. Then calculate the crashes per vehicle type (per
> category of injury and/or death) per 100 000 or 1000000 person miles
> in your base year and at the end of the period and show the difference
> per vehicle type.
>
> Then find a way of statistically recognising the fact that cycling may
> be more dangerous (you have no figures yet to support that) than other
> transport methods but that the danger is created by users of motorised
> vehicles and is thus not intrinsic to the activity of cycling.
> There are very few deaths as a result of cyclists colliding with other
> non motorised road users. The crashes involving cyclists and motorised
> road users end up in the cyclist sustaining far greater injuries in
> the majority of cases than the driver.
>
> I went through red again today - loved it.

Baiting detected.

Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder
November 12th 10, 03:13 PM
"Marc" > wrote in message
> On 11/11/2010 23:27, Mr Pounder wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>>> Do you often have these fantasies of licking people's arses?
>>>
>>> :-)))))))))))
>>> Good game.
>>> Let's go to Level 2, I'll give you first slap.
>>>
>>> Mr Pounder
>>
>> "Two hands slap and there is a sound. What is the sound of one hand?"
>>
>> Debatably silence and I really do have better things to do than discuss
>> Zen
>> with a person who has called me a paedophile.
>> Best you either **** off or apologise to me and the rest of this group.
>>

> He has no need to apologise to me. You however do.

Tell me all about it.

Mr Pounder

Squashme
November 12th 10, 07:04 PM
On Nov 12, 3:12*pm, "Mr Pounder" >
wrote:
> "Squashme" > wrote in message

> On Nov 11, 11:27 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> wrote:
>

> > "Squashme" > wrote in message

> > On Nov 11, 10:36 pm, "Mr Pounder" >
> > wrote:
>
> > > "Squashme" > wrote in message

JMS
November 12th 10, 10:26 PM
On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 06:35:14 -0800 (PST), PhilO >
wrote:

>On Nov 11, 5:42*pm, JMS > wrote:
>
>> Cyclist casualties up 4%
>
>As pointed out to you before - this doesn't mean anything unless you
>take account of the increase in cycling.

Are you suggesting that there has been a general increase throughout
the UK.

Do you have any evidence for that assumption?

--
DfT: Year ending June 2010:

Pedestrian casualties down 3%
Car casualties down 3%
Motorcycle casualties down 6%
Motorcyclists KSI down 6%
Car users KSI down 9%
Pedestrians KSI down 8%

Oh - hang on - there are some missing :

Cyclist casualties up 4%
Cyclist KSI up 1%

Justin[_3_]
November 13th 10, 06:25 AM
On 12 nov, 23:26, JMS > wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 06:35:14 -0800 (PST), PhilO >
> wrote:
>
> >On Nov 11, 5:42*pm, JMS > wrote:
>
> >> Cyclist casualties up 4%
>
> >As pointed out to you before - this doesn't mean anything unless you
> >take account of the increase in cycling.
>
> Are you suggesting that there has been a general increase throughout
> the UK.
>
> Do you have any evidence for that assumption?
You are using the figures in an incorrect manner to suport your pre-
formed conclusion.
When this is pointed out your response is to reverse the onus of
support. You suggest that Phil O must now produce figures to disprove
something which you cannot support.
This defies all logic and norms of debating. You are making a claim.
The onus is upon you to prove and support it. This you have not done.

Your methodology is pathetic: "I say something and the default
position is that it is correct until you produce evidence to disprove
it."

What is very heartening is that this approach greatly undermines your
contributions. Thanks.
> DfT: Year ending June 2010:
>
> Pedestrian casualties down 3%
> Car casualties down 3%
> Motorcycle casualties down 6%
> Motorcyclists KSI down 6%
> Car users KSI down 9%
> Pedestrians KSI down 8%
>
> Oh - hang on - there are some missing :
>
> Cyclist casualties up 4%
> Cyclist KSI up 1%

JMS
November 13th 10, 11:45 AM
On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:25:24 -0800 (PST), Justin
> wrote:

>On 12 nov, 23:26, JMS > wrote:
>> On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 06:35:14 -0800 (PST), PhilO >
>> wrote:

>> >As pointed out to you before - this doesn't mean anything unless you
>> >take account of the increase in cycling.
>>
>> Are you suggesting that there has been a general increase throughout
>> the UK.
>>
>> Do you have any evidence for that assumption?

Snip waffle - which was a "no"

>Your methodology is pathetic: "I say something and the default
>position is that it is correct until you produce evidence to disprove
>it."

Not at all - I have claimed that cycling injuries have gone up.

I have said nothing about the traffic - others have done that

Sorry sunshine - I am providing figures which clearly show that
cycling injuries have gone up - whereas the other road transport
injuries have gone down.

Some have claimed that that is because car traffic, motorcycle
traffic have all gone down - but cycling traffic has gone up.

So : let's be seeing the evidence of those "facts".

What we do know - cycling injuries have gone up compared to all others
which have gone down.

Over to you (Are you Justin or Dick Wadd today?)

--
DfT: Year ending June 2010:

Pedestrian casualties down 3%
Car casualties down 3%
Motorcycle casualties down 6%
Motorcyclists KSI down 6%
Car users KSI down 9%
Pedestrians KSI down 8%

Oh - hang on - there are some missing :

Cyclist casualties up 4%
Cyclist KSI up 1%

Justin[_3_]
November 13th 10, 03:54 PM
On 13 nov, 12:45, JMS > wrote:
> On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:25:24 -0800 (PST), Justin
>

> > wrote:
> >On 12 nov, 23:26, JMS > wrote:

> >> Are you suggesting that there has been a general increase throughout
> >> the UK.
>
> >> Do you have any evidence for that assumption?
>
> Snip waffle *- which was a "no"
>
> >Your methodology is pathetic: "I say something and the default
> >position is that it is correct until you produce evidence to disprove
> >it."
>
> Not at all - I have claimed that cycling injuries have gone up.
So you do not claim that cycling is more dangerous than other forms of
transport. Good.

> I have said nothing about the traffic - others have done that
So you do not wish to contextualise the figures which renders them
useless for any statistical purpose.
> Sorry sunshine - I am providing figures which clearly show that
> cycling injuries have gone up - whereas the other road transport
> injuries have gone down.
>
> Some have claimed that that is because *car traffic, motorcycle
> traffic have all gone down - but cycling traffic has gone up.
>
> So : let's be seeing the evidence of those "facts".
>
> What we do know - cycling injuries have gone up compared to all others
> which have gone down.
>
> Over to you (Are you Justin or Dick Wadd today?)
>
> --
> DfT: Year ending June 2010:
>
> Pedestrian casualties down 3%
> Car casualties down 3%
> Motorcycle casualties down 6%
> Motorcyclists KSI down 6%
> Car users KSI down 9%
> Pedestrians KSI down 8%
>
> Oh - hang on - there are some missing :
>
> Cyclist casualties up 4%
> Cyclist KSI up 1%

You do say in another thread: "this cycling lark seems to be quite
dangerous". Upon what do you base that and are you suggesting that it
is more dangerous than other forms of transport?

Justin[_3_]
November 13th 10, 03:57 PM
On 13 nov, 16:54, Justin > wrote:
> On 13 nov, 12:45, JMS > wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 22:25:24 -0800 (PST), Justin
>
> > > wrote:

> > Snip waffle *- which was a "no"
>
> > >Your methodology is pathetic: "I say something and the default
> > >position is that it is correct until you produce evidence to disprove
> > >it."
>
> > Not at all - I have claimed that cycling injuries have gone up.
>
> So you do not claim that cycling is more dangerous than other forms of
> transport. Good.
>
> > I have said nothing about the traffic - others have done that
>
> So you do not wish to contextualise the figures which renders them
> useless for any statistical purpose.
>

> > Sorry sunshine - I am providing figures which clearly show that
> > cycling injuries have gone up - whereas the other road transport
> > injuries have gone down.
>
> > Some have claimed that that is because *car traffic, motorcycle
> > traffic have all gone down - but cycling traffic has gone up.
>
> > So : let's be seeing the evidence of those "facts".
>
> > What we do know - cycling injuries have gone up compared to all others
> > which have gone down.
>
> > Over to you (Are you Justin or Dick Wadd today?)
>
> > --
> > DfT: Year ending June 2010:
>
> > Pedestrian casualties down 3%
> > Car casualties down 3%
> > Motorcycle casualties down 6%
> > Motorcyclists KSI down 6%
> > Car users KSI down 9%
> > Pedestrians KSI down 8%
>
> > Oh - hang on - there are some missing :
>
> > Cyclist casualties up 4%
> > Cyclist KSI up 1%
>
> You do say in another thread: "this cycling lark seems to be quite
> dangerous". Upon what do you base that and are you suggesting that it
> is more dangerous than other forms of transport?

For the good order:
From: JMS >
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Another hit and run.