PDA

View Full Version : OT, cyclists should not crash into the back of vehicles

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 12th 10, 12:46 PM
unlike the English cabbie, this one just shot the cyclist. Lets see him
make an appeal for witnesses now.

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/kwazulu-natal/cyclist-shot-dead-after-altercation-1.746619

PhilO
November 12th 10, 02:18 PM
On Nov 12, 12:46*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> *unlike the English cabbie, this one just shot the cyclist. *Lets see him
> make an appeal for witnesses now.
>
> http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/kwazulu-natal/cyclist-shot-dea...

You really are not good at reading are you. There are two separate
stories on that link. One is about a cyclist being shot for reasons
unknown. There is also a short story about a cyclist dying after
crashing into a minibus taxi.

So, no cyclist was shot after crashing into the back of a taxi.

If you must post your rubbish, at least read it first.

PhilO

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 12th 10, 02:21 PM
PhilO wrote:
> On Nov 12, 12:46 pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>> unlike the English cabbie, this one just shot the cyclist. Lets see
>> him make an appeal for witnesses now.
>>
>> http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/kwazulu-natal/cyclist-shot-dea...
>
> You really are not good at reading are you. There are two separate
> stories on that link. One is about a cyclist being shot for reasons
> unknown. There is also a short story about a cyclist dying after
> crashing into a minibus taxi.
>
> So, no cyclist was shot after crashing into the back of a taxi.
>
> If you must post your rubbish, at least read it first.
>
> PhilO

Sorry. What a strange way to put out a story, to have a picture and caption
unrelated to the text.

JNugent[_7_]
November 12th 10, 04:58 PM
On 12/11/2010 14:18, PhilO wrote:

> > wrote:

>> unlike the English cabbie, this one just shot the cyclist. Lets see him
>> make an appeal for witnesses now.

>> http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/kwazulu-natal/cyclist-shot-dea...

> You really are not good at reading are you.

Intesreting comment. Ir was it a question?

> There are two separate
> stories on that link. One is about a cyclist being shot for reasons
> unknown. There is also a short story about a cyclist dying after
> crashing into a minibus taxi.

Is that right? Let's check. Whole story verbatim (with the usual strange
newspaper paragraphing improved):

STARTQUOTE:
Police are searching for a motorist who gunned down a cyclist in an apparent
road rage incident on the N2 near the Msimbazi Bridge in Umgababa on the
South Coast. The father of three, Lionel Pautrel, formerly of France, was
killed following an altercation with a motorist. Police said Pautrel, 33, of
Winklespruit, was shot and killed by an unknown man travelling in a car on
Saturday, October 30.

Police spokesman Thulani Zwane said Pautrel had been cycling at 4.30pm when
he was shot in the back. Police believe that there might have been an
altercation between Pautrel and the motorist. “Three shots were heard and a
motor vehicle was seen speeding off towards Amanzimtoti. The man died on the
scene.”

Pautrel was an engineer who worked for a company in France. His wife, Makhosi
Pautrel, said they had decided to move to South Africa because he had fallen
in love with the country. She said her husband had moved to the country in
2005 and they decided to build a home in KwaZulu-Natal. “We did everything
together, we were planning so much for the future… and now I am left with the
children and, at same time, I have to grieve and arrange for his body to be
flown to France. All this is just too much for me.”

She said because her children would not be able to go to France to bury their
father, she had arranged a memorial service for them last Friday. Pautrel
said her husband had been an active sportsman and held a black belt in judo.
“I am so sad that my children are not able to go with me because of finances
and delays in obtaining the necessary travel documents. “But I arranged for a
memorial service with friends and family so that we can say our goodbyes to
him,” she said.

She has appealed for anyone who might have witnessed her husband’s killing to
contact the police. Zwane said the police were asking for anyone who saw the
incident to contact Captain Mark West at telephone 082 334 9856 or 039 973
1711. - The Mercury
ENDQUOTE

Where's the "short story story about a cyclist dying after crashing into a
minibus taxi"?

> So, no cyclist was shot after crashing into the back of a taxi.

Did the OP say that a cyclist was shot after crashing into the back of a taxi?

> If you must post your rubbish, at least read it first.

Funnily enough...

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 12th 10, 05:44 PM
JNugent wrote:
> [...]
> to go with me because of finances and delays in obtaining the
> necessary travel documents. “But I arranged for a memorial service
> with friends and family so that we can say our goodbyes to him,” she
> said.
> She has appealed for anyone who might have witnessed her husband’s
> killing to contact the police. Zwane said the police were asking for
> anyone who saw the incident to contact Captain Mark West at telephone
> 082 334 9856 or 039 973 1711. - The Mercury
> ENDQUOTE
>
> Where's the "short story story about a cyclist dying after crashing
> into a minibus taxi"?
>
>> So, no cyclist was shot after crashing into the back of a taxi.
>
> Did the OP say that a cyclist was shot after crashing into the back
> of a taxi?
>> If you must post your rubbish, at least read it first.

the picture and caption have some different age and name details, it is a
bit confusing, must be a 'foreign' thing.

Squashme
November 12th 10, 06:53 PM
On Nov 12, 4:58*pm, JNugent > wrote:
> On 12/11/2010 14:18, PhilO wrote:
>
> > > *wrote:
> >> unlike the English cabbie, this one just shot the cyclist. *Lets see him
> >> make an appeal for witnesses now.
> >>http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/kwazulu-natal/cyclist-shot-dea....
> > You really are not good at reading are you.
>
> Intesreting comment. Ir was it a question?
>
> > There are two separate
> > stories on that link. One is about a cyclist being shot for reasons
> > unknown. There is also a short story about a cyclist dying after
> > crashing into a minibus taxi.
>
> Is that right? Let's check. Whole story verbatim (with the usual strange
> newspaper paragraphing improved):
>
> STARTQUOTE:
> Police are searching for a motorist who gunned down a cyclist in an apparent
> road rage incident on the N2 near the Msimbazi Bridge in Umgababa on the
> South Coast. The father of three, Lionel Pautrel, formerly of France, was
> killed following an altercation with a motorist. Police said Pautrel, 33, of
> Winklespruit, was shot and killed by an unknown man travelling in a car on
> Saturday, October 30.
>
> Police spokesman Thulani Zwane said Pautrel had been cycling at 4.30pm when
> he was shot in the back. Police believe that there might have been an
> altercation between Pautrel and the motorist. “Three shots were heard and a
> motor vehicle was seen speeding off towards Amanzimtoti. The man died on the
> scene.”
>
> Pautrel was an engineer who worked for a company in France. His wife, Makhosi
> Pautrel, said they had decided to move to South Africa because he had fallen
> in love with the country. She said her husband had moved to the country in
> 2005 and they decided to build a home in KwaZulu-Natal. “We did everything
> together, we were planning so much for the future… and now I am left with the
> children and, at same time, I have to grieve and arrange for his body to be
> flown to France. All this is just too much for me.”
>
> She said because her children would not be able to go to France to bury their
> father, she had arranged a memorial service for them last Friday. Pautrel
> said her husband had been an active sportsman and held a black belt in judo.
> “I am so sad that my children are not able to go with me because of finances
> and delays in obtaining the necessary travel documents. “But I arranged for a
> memorial service with friends and family so that we can say our goodbyes to
> him,” she said.
>
> She has appealed for anyone who might have witnessed her husband’s killing to
> contact the police. Zwane said the police were asking for anyone who saw the
> incident to contact Captain Mark West at telephone 082 334 9856 or 039 973
> 1711. - The Mercury
> ENDQUOTE
>
> Where's the "short story story about a cyclist dying after crashing into a
> minibus taxi"?

Under the photo.

> > So, no cyclist was shot after crashing into the back of a taxi.
>
> Did the OP say that a cyclist was shot after crashing into the back of a taxi?
>
> > If you must post your rubbish, at least read it first.
>
> Funnily enough...

Website foul-up. It brought back an item from September. They probably
wanted to reuse the image:-

http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/gauteng/cyclist-dies-in-taxi-crash-1..681669

JNugent[_7_]
November 12th 10, 06:57 PM
On 12/11/2010 18:53, Squashme wrote:

> [...]
>> memorial service with friends and family so that we can say our goodbyes to
>> him,” she said.
>>
>> She has appealed for anyone who might have witnessed her husband’s killing to
>> contact the police. Zwane said the police were asking for anyone who saw the
>> incident to contact Captain Mark West at telephone 082 334 9856 or 039 973
>> 1711. - The Mercury
>> ENDQUOTE
>>
>> Where's the "short story story about a cyclist dying after crashing into a
>> minibus taxi"?
>
> Under the photo.
>

>>> So, no cyclist was shot after crashing into the back of a taxi.
>>
>> Did the OP say that a cyclist was shot after crashing into the back of a taxi?
>>
>>> If you must post your rubbish, at least read it first.
>>
>> Funnily enough...
>
> Website foul-up. It brought back an item from September. They probably

Fair enough.

Doug[_11_]
November 12th 10, 11:00 PM
While freewheeling on Fri, 12 Nov 2010 21:26:50 +0000, Phil W Lee wrote :

> PhilO > considered Fri, 12 Nov 2010 06:18:18 -0800
> (PST) the perfect time to write:
>
>>On Nov 12, 12:46Â*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>>> Â*unlike the English cabbie, this one just shot the cyclist. Â*Lets see
>>> Â*him
>>> make an appeal for witnesses now.
>>>
>>> http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/kwazulu-natal/cyclist-shot-
dea...

>>You really are not good at reading are you. There are two separate
>>stories on that link. One is about a cyclist being shot for reasons
>>unknown. There is also a short story about a cyclist dying after
>>crashing into a minibus taxi.
>>
>>So, no cyclist was shot after crashing into the back of a taxi.
>>
>>If you must post your rubbish, at least read it first.
>>
> Mr Cheerful doesn't actually read, he just looks at the pictures.

Pictures can conveiy more information than words..at times.

--
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net

PhilO
November 12th 10, 11:21 PM
On Nov 12, 4:58*pm, JNugent > wrote:
> On 12/11/2010 14:18, PhilO wrote:
> > You really are not good at reading are you.
>
> Intesreting comment. Ir was it a question?

Are you picking up my grammar with Ir?

> > There are two separate
> > stories on that link. One is about a cyclist being shot for reasons
> > unknown. There is also a short story about a cyclist dying after
> > crashing into a minibus taxi.

> Is that right? Let's check. Whole story verbatim (with the usual strange
> newspaper paragraphing improved):

[snip]

> Where's the "short story story about a cyclist dying after crashing into a
> minibus taxi"?

Under the photo - different name, age location. That is where a taxi
is mentioned.

> > So, no cyclist was shot after crashing into the back of a taxi.
>
> Did the OP say that a cyclist was shot after crashing into the back of a taxi?

Clearly talking about cabbie and shooting cyclist and cyclist crashing
into back of taxi. He is clearly mixing up the article and the caption
under the photo, which are unrelated.

> > If you must post your rubbish, at least read it first.
>
> Funnily enough...

It is, sn't it?

PhilO
November 12th 10, 11:23 PM
On Nov 12, 11:00*pm, Doug > wrote:

> Pictures can conveiy more information than words..at times.

But in this case, the picture is about a completely different story. I
suppose it does convey information about Mr Cheerful's attntion to
detail.

JNugent[_7_]
November 12th 10, 11:45 PM
On 12/11/2010 23:21, PhilO wrote:

> On Nov 12, 4:58 pm, > wrote:
>> On 12/11/2010 14:18, PhilO wrote:

>>> You really are not good at reading are you.

>> Intesreting comment. Ir was it a question?

> Are you picking up my grammar with Ir?

There's a big difference between skill with grammar and skill in typing.

Tony Raven[_3_]
November 13th 10, 12:14 AM
Phil W Lee > wrote:
> PhilO > considered Fri, 12 Nov 2010 06:18:18
>>
>> If you must post your rubbish, at least read it first.
>>
> Mr Cheerful doesn't actually read, he just looks at the pictures.

And reading them first won't change the nature of his posts.

--
Tony

PhilO
November 13th 10, 11:41 PM
On Nov 12, 11:23*pm, PhilO > wrote:
> On Nov 12, 11:00*pm, Doug > wrote:
>
> > Pictures can conveiy more information than words..at times.
>
> But in this case, the picture is about a completely different story. I
> suppose it does convey information about Mr Cheerful's attntion to
> detail.

And the spelling shows my attention to detail too!

Simon Mason
November 15th 10, 09:44 AM
"Mrcheerful" > wrote in message
> unlike the English cabbie, this one just shot the cyclist. Lets see him
> make an appeal for witnesses now.
>
> http://www.iol.co.za/news/south-africa/kwazulu-natal/cyclist-shot-dead-after-altercation-1.746619

Not even safe in a Taxi.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1329361/Newlywed-Britons-wife-killed-armed-robbers-hijack-taxi-South-Africa.html