PDA

View Full Version : another cycle race crash?

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 15th 10, 05:33 PM
http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Police-witness-appeal-cyclist-car-collision/article-2896071-detail/article.html

Justin[_3_]
November 15th 10, 09:33 PM
On 15 nov, 18:33, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Police-witness-appeal-cyclist-...

No. It was not a race.

JMS
November 15th 10, 11:09 PM
On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:33:51 -0800 (PST), Justin
> wrote:

>On 15 nov, 18:33, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>> http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Police-witness-appeal-cyclist-...
>
>No. It was not a race.

Hello Dick

and you know that how?

--

Latest figures from DfT: KSI per billion passenger kilometres:

Van: 5 people
Bus/Coach: 9 people
Car : 18 people
Pedestrians: 358 people

Oh : and of course cyclists:
Cyclists: 541 people

Of those four modes of transport - which is the most dangerous?

(With thanks to Justin Lewis for asking me to find out the figures)

Justin[_3_]
November 16th 10, 05:13 AM
On 16 nov, 00:09, JMS > wrote:
> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:33:51 -0800 (PST), Justin
>
> > wrote:
> >On 15 nov, 18:33, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> >>http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Police-witness-appeal-cyclist-....
>
> >No. It was not a race.
>
> Hello Dick
>
> and you know that how?
>
> -- * * *
>
> Latest figures from DfT: KSI per billion passenger kilometres:
>
> Van: 5 people
> Bus/Coach: 9 people
> Car : 18 people
> Pedestrians: 358 people
>
> Oh : and of course cyclists:
> Cyclists: 541 people
>
> Of those four modes of transport - which is the most dangerous?
>
> (With thanks to Justin Lewis for asking me to find out the figures)

Season does not extend into November: simple. From mid October the
races are cyclo-cross (off road).

Second, it is not stated that they were racing in the article so that
is an (incorrect) assumption.

PhilO
November 16th 10, 01:26 PM
On Nov 15, 5:33*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Police-witness-appeal-cyclist-...

Your record is getting worse. No mention of a race in that link and
yet you post about cycle race crash!
When did you last post accurately?

JMS
November 16th 10, 01:38 PM
On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 21:13:33 -0800 (PST), Justin
> wrote:

>On 16 nov, 00:09, JMS > wrote:
>> On Mon, 15 Nov 2010 13:33:51 -0800 (PST), Justin
>>
>> > wrote:
>>
>> >No. It was not a race.
>>
>> Hello Dick
>>
>> and you know that how?
>>
>> -- * * *
>>
>> Latest figures from DfT: KSI per billion passenger kilometres:
>>
>> Van: 5 people
>> Bus/Coach: 9 people
>> Car : 18 people
>> Pedestrians: 358 people
>>
>> Oh : and of course cyclists:
>> Cyclists: 541 people
>>
>> Of those four modes of transport - which is the most dangerous?
>>
>> (With thanks to Justin Lewis for asking me to find out the figures)
>
>Season does not extend into November: simple. From mid October the
>races are cyclo-cross (off road).
>
>Second, it is not stated that they were racing in the article so that
>is an (incorrect) assumption.

Therefore no-one could ever assume anything.

I thought you thought that you taught English?

--

Latest figures from DfT: KSI per billion passenger kilometres:

Van: 5 people
Bus/Coach: 9 people
Car : 18 people
Pedestrians: 358 people

Oh : and of course cyclists:
Cyclists: 541 people

Of those four modes of transport - which is the most dangerous?

(With thanks to Justin Lewis for asking me to find out the figures)

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 16th 10, 02:40 PM
PhilO wrote:
> On Nov 15, 5:33 pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>> http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Police-witness-appeal-cyclist-...
>
> Your record is getting worse. No mention of a race in that link and
> yet you post about cycle race crash!
> When did you last post accurately?

why else would there be a gang of cyclists all together? Keeping each other
warm perhaps?

Justin[_3_]
November 16th 10, 04:26 PM
On 16 nov, 15:40, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> PhilO wrote:
> > On Nov 15, 5:33 pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> >>http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Police-witness-appeal-cyclist-....
>
> > Your record is getting worse. No mention of a race in that link and
> > yet you post about cycle race crash!
> > When did you last post accurately?
>
> why else would there be a gang of cyclists all together? *Keeping each other
> warm perhaps?
Many reasons. It was not a race- look at the racing diary of the BCF.l

bugbear
November 16th 10, 04:30 PM
Mrcheerful wrote:
> PhilO wrote:
>> On Nov 15, 5:33 pm, > wrote:
>>> http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Police-witness-appeal-cyclist-...
>>
>> Your record is getting worse. No mention of a race in that link and
>> yet you post about cycle race crash!
>> When did you last post accurately?
>
> why else would there be a gang of cyclists all together?

I guess the concept of "friends" is new to you.

BugBear

JMS
November 16th 10, 06:50 PM
On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:26:37 -0800 (PST), Justin
> wrote:

>On 16 nov, 15:40, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>> PhilO wrote:
>>
>> > Your record is getting worse. No mention of a race in that link and
>> > yet you post about cycle race crash!
>> > When did you last post accurately?
>>
>> why else would there be a gang of cyclists all together? *Keeping each other
>> warm perhaps?
>Many reasons. It was not a race- look at the racing diary of the BCF.l

Ah - I understand now - if two people or more were going to race
together on their bikes - say on their way to work - they have to
"register" in some way with the BCF.l do they?

I must admit I had not realised that.

Many thanks - you are indeed excellent value Dick (may I call you
that?)

--

Latest figures from DfT: KSI per billion passenger kilometres:

Van: 5 people
Bus/Coach: 9 people
Car : 18 people
Pedestrians: 358 people

Oh : and of course cyclists:
Cyclists: 541 people

Of those four modes of transport - which is the most dangerous?

(With thanks to Justin Lewis for asking me to find out the figures)

Justin[_3_]
November 16th 10, 09:15 PM
On 16 nov, 19:50, JMS > wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Nov 2010 08:26:37 -0800 (PST), Justin
>
> > wrote:

> >> why else would there be a gang of cyclists all together? Keeping each other
> >> warm perhaps?
> >Many reasons. It was not a race- look at the racing diary of the BCF.l
>
> Ah - I understand now - if two people or more were going to race
> together on their bikes - say on their way to work - *they have to
> "register" in some way with the BCF.l do they?
>
> I must admit I had not realised that.
>
> Many thanks - you are indeed excellent value Dick (may I call you
> that?)
>
> -- * * *
>
> Latest figures from DfT: KSI per billion passenger kilometres:
>
> Van: 5 people
> Bus/Coach: 9 people
> Car : 18 people
> Pedestrians: 358 people
>
> Oh : and of course cyclists:
> Cyclists: 541 people
>
> Of those four modes of transport - which is the most dangerous?
>
> (With thanks to Justin Lewis for asking me to find out the figures)

Not if it is a time trial - then you ride under the RTTC rules.
Training is not the same as a race in any circumstances. No cyclist
who arrives first at the end of a training would ever talk about
having won a race or having even been in a race.
So your understanding is, for once, correct. Without some official
element it is not a race in cycling.

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 16th 10, 09:27 PM
bugbear wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
>> PhilO wrote:
>>>
>>> Your record is getting worse. No mention of a race in that link and
>>> yet you post about cycle race crash!
>>> When did you last post accurately?
>>
>> why else would there be a gang of cyclists all together?
>
> I guess the concept of "friends" is new to you.
>
> BugBear

the idea of cyclists having friends is a bit odd, yes.

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 16th 10, 09:27 PM
bugbear wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
>> PhilO wrote:
>>>
>>> Your record is getting worse. No mention of a race in that link and
>>> yet you post about cycle race crash!
>>> When did you last post accurately?
>>
>> why else would there be a gang of cyclists all together?
>
> I guess the concept of "friends" is new to you.
>
> BugBear

the idea of cyclists having friends is a bit odd, yes.

Doug[_3_]
November 17th 10, 09:41 AM
On Nov 15, 5:33*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Police-witness-appeal-cyclist-...

Let me see, the driver was almost certainly not injured by the cyclist
and did not need hospitalisation and what about boy racers while we
are at it?

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

francis
November 17th 10, 04:30 PM
On Nov 17, 9:41*am, Doug > wrote:
> On Nov 15, 5:33*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:>http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/news/Police-witness-appeal-cyclist-...
>
> Let me see, the driver was almost certainly not injured by the cyclist
> and did not need hospitalisation and what about boy racers while we
> are at it?
>
> -- .
> UK Radical Campaigns.
> *http://www.zing.icom43.net
> A driving licence is a licence to kill.

And what about banana boats, lets bring them into the thread.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home