PDA

View Full Version : No parking on cycle track

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 18th 10, 08:46 AM
Well, I thought real cyclists would not use cycle tracks, but this cyclist
does and he is complaining about it being obstructed. You have to look at
the web page, he really does have the sort of face that needs a smack, mind
you, he is wearing a helmet and has lights and wants to ride on a cycle
path, so is he the future of real cycling?

http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/news/Cyclists-action-contest-anglers-block-route-parking-cycle-path/article-2906963-detail/article.html

PhilO
November 18th 10, 11:57 AM
On Nov 18, 8:46*am, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> Well, I thought real cyclists would not use cycle tracks,

Why on earth do you think that, you silly man? Many cyclists won't use
badly designed, unsafe facilities (the one in the photo does look
quite narrow), but can you find anyone that refuses to use them all?

> he really does have the sort of face that needs a smack,

Ah, good constructive comment there.

Your quoting is getting better, now it is only your own stupid bile
that mucks up this post.

PhilO

Doug[_10_]
November 18th 10, 03:56 PM
On Nov 18, 8:46*am, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> Well, I thought real cyclists would not use cycle tracks, but this cyclist
> does and he is complaining about it being obstructed. *You have to look at
> the web page, he really does have the sort of face that needs a smack, mind
> you, he is wearing a helmet and has lights and wants to ride on a cycle
> path, so is he the future of real cycling?
>
> http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/news/Cyclists-action-contest-angl...

So why weren't the motorists fined? Is it because the cops are fellow
motorists too who empathise with those offenders? These motorists,
they just don't give a damn and imagine they can leave their crap
machines lying about anywhere and blocking public spaces willy nilly.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 18th 10, 04:10 PM
Doug wrote:
> On Nov 18, 8:46 am, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>> Well, I thought real cyclists would not use cycle tracks, but this
>> cyclist does and he is complaining about it being obstructed. You
>> have to look at the web page, he really does have the sort of face
>> that needs a smack, mind you, he is wearing a helmet and has lights
>> and wants to ride on a cycle path, so is he the future of real
>> cycling?
>>
>> http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/news/Cyclists-action-contest-angl...
>>
> So why weren't the motorists fined? Is it because the cops are fellow
> motorists too who empathise with those offenders? These motorists,
> they just don't give a damn and imagine they can leave their crap
> machines lying about anywhere and blocking public spaces willy nilly.

the motorists probably guessed that it was very unlikely that anyone would
use the cycle path at all.

JNugent[_7_]
November 18th 10, 04:16 PM
On 18/11/2010 08:46, Mrcheerful wrote:

> Well, I thought real cyclists would not use cycle tracks, but this cyclist
> does and he is complaining about it being obstructed. You have to look at
> the web page, he really does have the sort of face that needs a smack, mind
> you, he is wearing a helmet and has lights and wants to ride on a cycle
> path, so is he the future of real cycling?

> http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/news/Cyclists-action-contest-anglers-block-route-parking-cycle-path/article-2906963-detail/article.html

You see something similar at one spot along the A12. Why doesn't/don't the
council(s) get its/their collective finger(s) out and provide some parking
for those people who fish the adjacent river/canal or whatever?

Mr Pounder
November 18th 10, 05:27 PM
"Doug" > wrote in message
On Nov 18, 8:46 am, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> Well, I thought real cyclists would not use cycle tracks, but this cyclist
> does and he is complaining about it being obstructed. You have to look at
> the web page, he really does have the sort of face that needs a smack,
> mind
> you, he is wearing a helmet and has lights and wants to ride on a cycle
> path, so is he the future of real cycling?
>
> http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/news/Cyclists-action-contest-angl...

So why weren't the motorists fined? Is it because the cops are fellow
motorists too who empathise with those offenders? These motorists,
they just don't give a damn and imagine they can leave their crap
machines lying about anywhere and blocking public spaces willy nilly.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Errrrrr, they were moved on.

Mr Pounder

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 18th 10, 06:18 PM
JNugent wrote:
> On 18/11/2010 08:46, Mrcheerful wrote:
>
>> Well, I thought real cyclists would not use cycle tracks, but this
>> cyclist does and he is complaining about it being obstructed. You
>> have to look at the web page, he really does have the sort of face
>> that needs a smack, mind you, he is wearing a helmet and has lights
>> and wants to ride on a cycle path, so is he the future of real
>> cycling?
>
>> http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/news/Cyclists-action-contest-anglers-block-route-parking-cycle-path/article-2906963-detail/article.html
>
> You see something similar at one spot along the A12. Why
> doesn't/don't the council(s) get its/their collective finger(s) out
> and provide some parking for those people who fish the adjacent
> river/canal or whatever?

at boreham on the A12 there is a great big lake that is fished. there is
also a very large layby, one dark night I had to stop in that layby and wait
for a breakdown truck, my wife was desperate for a wee and went in the
bushes next to the water, after a while she realised that there was a row of
fishermen on the opposite bank, she still goes on about it ten or more years
on.

Colin Reed[_4_]
November 19th 10, 04:59 PM
On 18/11/10 16:16, JNugent wrote:
> On 18/11/2010 08:46, Mrcheerful wrote:
>
>> Well, I thought real cyclists would not use cycle tracks, but this
>> cyclist
>> does and he is complaining about it being obstructed. You have to look at
>> the web page, he really does have the sort of face that needs a smack,
>> mind
>> you, he is wearing a helmet and has lights and wants to ride on a cycle
>> path, so is he the future of real cycling?
>
>> http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/news/Cyclists-action-contest-anglers-block-route-parking-cycle-path/article-2906963-detail/article.html
>>

> You see something similar at one spot along the A12. Why doesn't/don't
> the council(s) get its/their collective finger(s) out and provide some
> parking for those people who fish the adjacent river/canal or whatever?

From the linked article

"Police received a complaint about six cars parked at the location on
Sunday, November 7, despite an almost empty car park nearby. The
vehicles were apparently moved on by officers."

So presumably they don't want to use the nearby parking facilities, when
the council (or someone) has provided them.

Colin

JNugent[_7_]
November 19th 10, 05:17 PM
On 19/11/2010 16:59, Colin Reed wrote:
> On 18/11/10 16:16, JNugent wrote:
>> On 18/11/2010 08:46, Mrcheerful wrote:
>>
>>> Well, I thought real cyclists would not use cycle tracks, but this
>>> cyclist
>>> does and he is complaining about it being obstructed. You have to look at
>>> the web page, he really does have the sort of face that needs a smack,
>>> mind
>>> you, he is wearing a helmet and has lights and wants to ride on a cycle
>>> path, so is he the future of real cycling?
>>
>>> http://www.thisislincolnshire.co.uk/news/Cyclists-action-contest-anglers-block-route-parking-cycle-path/article-2906963-detail/article.html
>>>

>> You see something similar at one spot along the A12. Why doesn't/don't
>> the council(s) get its/their collective finger(s) out and provide some
>> parking for those people who fish the adjacent river/canal or whatever?
>

> From the linked article
>
> "Police received a complaint about six cars parked at the location on Sunday,
> November 7, despite an almost empty car park nearby. The vehicles were
> apparently moved on by officers."
>
> So presumably they don't want to use the nearby parking facilities, when the
> council (or someone) has provided them.

Is there a charge for using the car-park?

Colin Reed[_4_]
November 19th 10, 08:37 PM
On 19/11/10 17:17, JNugent wrote:
> On 19/11/2010 16:59, Colin Reed wrote:

>>> You see something similar at one spot along the A12. Why doesn't/don't
>>> the council(s) get its/their collective finger(s) out and provide some
>>> parking for those people who fish the adjacent river/canal or whatever?
>>

>> From the linked article
>>
>> "Police received a complaint about six cars parked at the location on
>> Sunday,
>> November 7, despite an almost empty car park nearby. The vehicles were
>> apparently moved on by officers."
>>
>> So presumably they don't want to use the nearby parking facilities,
>> when the
>> council (or someone) has provided them.
>
> Is there a charge for using the car-park?

If there is, it is probably nominal on a Sunday, as in many places. As
it doesn't say in the article, and you are reading the same article as
me, then I couldn't really speculate. If you really desperately want to
find out, why don't you? Let us know what you find, there's a good chap.

Colin

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home