PDA

View Full Version : Re: The danger of riding without a helmet

Tony Raven[_3_]
November 23rd 10, 10:24 PM
Derek C wrote:

> So do the doctors who treat injured cyclists actually differentiate
> between off road and on road accidents? Hospital admissions are one of
> the sources of road accident data. As usual you are using confounding
> statistical factors to justify your anti-helmet stance!

I do love it when you are so sure of yourself and yet so absolutely
provably wrong. You see the difference is I have read the Dinh
publication and you haven't. So I knew it says:

"Inclusion criteria were cyclists admitted from 1991 to 2009, who were
over 16 years of age and involved in an incident on a public road."

and you didn't. As usual you are using your ignorance to justify your
pro-helmet stance!

Tony

Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]
November 23rd 10, 10:55 PM

Marc[_5_]
November 24th 10, 05:33 AM
On 23/11/2010 22:55, Just zis Guy, you know? wrote:

> On 23/11/2010 22:24, Tony Raven wrote:
>> Derek C wrote:
>>>
>>> So do the doctors who treat injured cyclists actually differentiate
>>> between off road and on road accidents? Hospital admissions are one of
>>> the sources of road accident data. As usual you are using confounding
>>> statistical factors to justify your anti-helmet stance!
>>>

>> I do love it when you are so sure of yourself and yet so absolutely
>> provably wrong. You see the difference is I have read the Dinh
>> publication and you haven't. So I knew it says:
>>
>> "Inclusion criteria were cyclists admitted from 1991 to 2009, who were
>> over 16 years of age and involved in an incident on a public road."
>>
>> and you didn't. As usual you are using your ignorance to justify your
>> pro-helmet stance!
>

> It's like arguing with a homeopath. They can't even understand why their
> base premise is wrong and what they have to do to fix that.

You waste time arguing with homeopaths?

Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]
November 24th 10, 09:58 PM

Google