PDA

View Full Version : WTB 28.6mm silver clamp for Campgnolo Mirage front changer or...

Peter
July 4th 04, 06:37 PM
I need a 28.6mm silver clamp for my Campy Mirage front changer. Can anyone
here supply me with a new one? Failing that do any of the shops posting here
have an all silver Veloce front changer and what is the cost? Thanks.

A Muzi
July 5th 04, 06:18 AM
Peter wrote:

> I need a 28.6mm silver clamp for my Campy Mirage front changer. Can anyone
> here supply me with a new one? Failing that do any of the shops posting here
> have an all silver Veloce front changer and what is the cost? Thanks.

Do you need the adapter for a brazed model to clamp on a
28.6 frame? Or did you have a clamp model and break the clamp?

(Note Campagnolo discontinued 28.6 clamp triples)

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Peter
July 5th 04, 03:16 PM
"A Muzi" > wrote in message
> Peter wrote:
>
> > I need a 28.6mm silver clamp for my Campy Mirage front changer. Can
anyone
> > here supply me with a new one? Failing that do any of the shops posting
here
> > have an all silver Veloce front changer and what is the cost? Thanks.
> >

> Do you need the adapter for a brazed model to clamp on a
> 28.6 frame? Or did you have a clamp model and break the clamp?
>
> (Note Campagnolo discontinued 28.6 clamp triples)
>

> --
> Andrew Muzi
> www.yellowjersey.org
> Open every day since 1 April, 1971

I have a 32mm Mirage clamp-on triple I want to put on my steel Miele so I
need a 28.6mm silver clamp. Campy has discontinued 28.6mm clamp triples - I
could get to dislike Campy if this keeps up. Anyone know where I can get a
28.6mm silver clamp or a 28.6mm all silver Veloce front changer with a
28.6mm silver clamp? Thanks for any help.

LAN Support
July 6th 04, 01:22 AM
St John St Cycles web site lists Mirage band-on front derailleur (8-speed
model) for STG10. They also show several other Campagnolo front derailleurs,
both double and triple, with 28.6mm clamp.

Nick

"Peter" > wrote in message
> I need a 28.6mm silver clamp for my Campy Mirage front changer. Can anyone
> here supply me with a new one? Failing that do any of the shops posting
here
> have an all silver Veloce front changer and what is the cost? Thanks.

A Muzi
July 6th 04, 05:27 AM

Peter wrote:
> I have a 32mm Mirage clamp-on triple I want to put on my steel Miele so I
> need a 28.6mm silver clamp. Campy has discontinued 28.6mm clamp triples - I
> could get to dislike Campy if this keeps up. Anyone know where I can get a
> 28.6mm silver clamp or a 28.6mm all silver Veloce front changer with a
> 28.6mm silver clamp? Thanks for any help.

We use the braze model with an aftermarket 28.6mm clamp (
and 31.8 and 34.8 too) . Inexpensive combination, versatile
inventory, no complaints here.

--

Peter wrote:
> I have a 32mm Mirage clamp-on triple I want to put on my steel Miele so I
> need a 28.6mm silver clamp. Campy has discontinued 28.6mm clamp triples - I
> could get to dislike Campy if this keeps up. Anyone know where I can get a
> 28.6mm silver clamp or a 28.6mm all silver Veloce front changer with a
> 28.6mm silver clamp? Thanks for any help.

We use the braze model with an aftermarket 28.6mm clamp (
and 31.8 and 34.8 too) . Inexpensive combination, versatile
inventory, no complaints here.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Qui si parla Campagnolo
July 6th 04, 02:04 PM
prekow-<< I
could get to dislike Campy if this keeps up. Anyone know where I can get a
28.6mm silver clamp or a 28.6mm all silver Veloce front changer with a
28.6mm silver clamp? Thanks for any help. >><BR><BR>

geezzz., go to a bike shop that 'qui si parla Campagnolo', and have them swap
the 28.6 from a double front der or go to same decent bike shop, use a brazeon
and the multitude of 28.6 clamps out there. this isn't a show srtopper by any
means.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Qui si parla Campagnolo
July 6th 04, 02:04 PM
prekow-<< I
could get to dislike Campy if this keeps up. Anyone know where I can get a
28.6mm silver clamp or a 28.6mm all silver Veloce front changer with a
28.6mm silver clamp? Thanks for any help. >><BR><BR>

geezzz., go to a bike shop that 'qui si parla Campagnolo', and have them swap
the 28.6 from a double front der or go to same decent bike shop, use a brazeon
and the multitude of 28.6 clamps out there. this isn't a show srtopper by any
means.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Peter
July 7th 04, 03:35 AM
"Qui si parla Campagnolo " > wrote in message
> prekow-<< I
> could get to dislike Campy if this keeps up. Anyone know where I can get a
> 28.6mm silver clamp or a 28.6mm all silver Veloce front changer with a
> 28.6mm silver clamp? Thanks for any help. >><BR><BR>
>
> geezzz., go to a bike shop that 'qui si parla Campagnolo', and have them
swap
> the 28.6 from a double front der or go to same decent bike shop, use a
brazeon
> and the multitude of 28.6 clamps out there. this isn't a show srtopper by
any
> means.
>
> Peter Chisholm
> Vecchio's Bicicletteria
> 1833 Pearl St.
> Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535
> http://www.vecchios.com
> "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

I already have the Mirage triple and it is the clamp on style. None of the
shops around here STOCK Campy parts.such as the 28.6mm clamp or front
changers everything has to be ordered from Marinoni and they don't have them
either. So Peter are you willing to sell me a 28.6mm silver clamp or swap
for my 32mm silver clamp? Thanks again.

Peter
July 7th 04, 03:35 AM
"Qui si parla Campagnolo " > wrote in message
> prekow-<< I
> could get to dislike Campy if this keeps up. Anyone know where I can get a
> 28.6mm silver clamp or a 28.6mm all silver Veloce front changer with a
> 28.6mm silver clamp? Thanks for any help. >><BR><BR>
>
> geezzz., go to a bike shop that 'qui si parla Campagnolo', and have them
swap
> the 28.6 from a double front der or go to same decent bike shop, use a
brazeon
> and the multitude of 28.6 clamps out there. this isn't a show srtopper by
any
> means.
>
> Peter Chisholm
> Vecchio's Bicicletteria
> 1833 Pearl St.
> Boulder, CO, 80302
> (303)440-3535
> http://www.vecchios.com
> "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"

I already have the Mirage triple and it is the clamp on style. None of the
shops around here STOCK Campy parts.such as the 28.6mm clamp or front
changers everything has to be ordered from Marinoni and they don't have them
either. So Peter are you willing to sell me a 28.6mm silver clamp or swap
for my 32mm silver clamp? Thanks again.

bfd
July 7th 04, 03:49 AM
"Peter" > wrote in message

> "Qui si parla Campagnolo " > wrote in message
> > prekow-<< I
> > could get to dislike Campy if this keeps up. Anyone know where I can get
> > 28.6mm silver clamp or a 28.6mm all silver Veloce front changer with a
> > 28.6mm silver clamp? Thanks for any help. >><BR><BR>
> >
> > geezzz., go to a bike shop that 'qui si parla Campagnolo', and have them
> swap
> > the 28.6 from a double front der or go to same decent bike shop, use a
> brazeon
> > and the multitude of 28.6 clamps out there. this isn't a show srtopper
by
> any
> > means.
> >
> > Peter Chisholm
> > Vecchio's Bicicletteria
> > 1833 Pearl St.
> > Boulder, CO, 80302
> > (303)440-3535
> > http://www.vecchios.com
> > "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"
> >
> I already have the Mirage triple and it is the clamp on style. None of
the
> shops around here STOCK Campy parts.such as the 28.6mm clamp or front
> changers everything has to be ordered from Marinoni and they don't have
them
> either. So Peter are you willing to sell me a 28.6mm silver clamp or swap
> for my 32mm silver clamp? Thanks again.

If you don't have to have a STOCK Campy part, Branford Bike sells a 1-1/8
inches (28.6mm) seat tube adapter clamp. Its made in the USA by Problem
Solvers and cost $15.88.

See here:

http://www.branfordbike.com/campy/campy.html#FrontDerailleurs

bfd
July 7th 04, 03:49 AM
"Peter" > wrote in message

> "Qui si parla Campagnolo " > wrote in message
> > prekow-<< I
> > could get to dislike Campy if this keeps up. Anyone know where I can get
> > 28.6mm silver clamp or a 28.6mm all silver Veloce front changer with a
> > 28.6mm silver clamp? Thanks for any help. >><BR><BR>
> >
> > geezzz., go to a bike shop that 'qui si parla Campagnolo', and have them
> swap
> > the 28.6 from a double front der or go to same decent bike shop, use a
> brazeon
> > and the multitude of 28.6 clamps out there. this isn't a show srtopper
by
> any
> > means.
> >
> > Peter Chisholm
> > Vecchio's Bicicletteria
> > 1833 Pearl St.
> > Boulder, CO, 80302
> > (303)440-3535
> > http://www.vecchios.com
> > "Ruote convenzionali costruite eccezionalmente bene"
> >
> I already have the Mirage triple and it is the clamp on style. None of
the
> shops around here STOCK Campy parts.such as the 28.6mm clamp or front
> changers everything has to be ordered from Marinoni and they don't have
them
> either. So Peter are you willing to sell me a 28.6mm silver clamp or swap
> for my 32mm silver clamp? Thanks again.

If you don't have to have a STOCK Campy part, Branford Bike sells a 1-1/8
inches (28.6mm) seat tube adapter clamp. Its made in the USA by Problem
Solvers and cost $15.88.

See here:

http://www.branfordbike.com/campy/campy.html#FrontDerailleurs

Qui si parla Campagnolo
July 7th 04, 02:12 PM
prekow-<< So Peter are you willing to sell me a 28.6mm silver clamp or swap
for my 32mm silver clamp? >><BR><BR>

Give me your address, I'll send ya the 28.6 clamp,send the 31.8 back to
me-email direct.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Qui si parla Campagnolo
July 7th 04, 02:12 PM
prekow-<< So Peter are you willing to sell me a 28.6mm silver clamp or swap
for my 32mm silver clamp? >><BR><BR>

Give me your address, I'll send ya the 28.6 clamp,send the 31.8 back to
me-email direct.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Qui si parla Campagnolo
July 7th 04, 02:13 PM
bfd-<< Branford Bike sells a 1-1/8
inches (28.6mm) seat tube adapter clamp. Its made in the USA by Problem
Solvers and cost $15.88. >><BR><BR>

ouch-I guess that's how they stay in biz. 15.88??

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Qui si parla Campagnolo
July 7th 04, 02:13 PM
bfd-<< Branford Bike sells a 1-1/8
inches (28.6mm) seat tube adapter clamp. Its made in the USA by Problem
Solvers and cost $15.88. >><BR><BR>

ouch-I guess that's how they stay in biz. 15.88??

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

July 7th 04, 08:02 PM
On 7 Jul 2004 06:36:28 -0700, (John
Bignucolo) wrote:

>A Muzi > wrote in message >...
>> Peter wrote:
>>
>> > I need a 28.6mm silver clamp for my Campy Mirage front changer. Can anyone
>> > here supply me with a new one? Failing that do any of the shops posting here
>> > have an all silver Veloce front changer and what is the cost? Thanks.
>> >

>> Do you need the adapter for a brazed model to clamp on a
>> 28.6 frame? Or did you have a clamp model and break the clamp?
>>
>> (Note Campagnolo discontinued 28.6 clamp triples)
>
>Does anyone know why Campagnolo decided to stop selling 28.6mm clamps
>for their triple-compatible derailleurs in the first place? It's not
>as if they haven't been making them for umpteen years. Don't they want
>to sell their triple groups to people (like me) with steel framesets
>and 28.6 seat tubes?
>
>And to the suggestion that you should get your LBS to try to dig up one
>from somewhere, the obvious rejoinder is: why should a customer have to?
>It's not as if 28.6 seat tubes are a piece of rare retro cycling exotica.

Dear John,

As a rule of thumb, as soon as it's paid for, it's liable to
become a piece of rare retro cycling exotica.

Like a shark, the bicycle industry moves relentlessly
forward, if not onward and upward.

Excelsior!

Carl Fogel

Bignucolo) wrote:

>A Muzi > wrote in message >...
>> Peter wrote:
>>
>> > I need a 28.6mm silver clamp for my Campy Mirage front changer. Can anyone
>> > here supply me with a new one? Failing that do any of the shops posting here
>> > have an all silver Veloce front changer and what is the cost? Thanks.
>> >

>> Do you need the adapter for a brazed model to clamp on a
>> 28.6 frame? Or did you have a clamp model and break the clamp?
>>
>> (Note Campagnolo discontinued 28.6 clamp triples)
>
>Does anyone know why Campagnolo decided to stop selling 28.6mm clamps
>for their triple-compatible derailleurs in the first place? It's not
>as if they haven't been making them for umpteen years. Don't they want
>to sell their triple groups to people (like me) with steel framesets
>and 28.6 seat tubes?
>
>And to the suggestion that you should get your LBS to try to dig up one
>from somewhere, the obvious rejoinder is: why should a customer have to?
>It's not as if 28.6 seat tubes are a piece of rare retro cycling exotica.

Dear John,

As a rule of thumb, as soon as it's paid for, it's liable to
become a piece of rare retro cycling exotica.

Like a shark, the bicycle industry moves relentlessly
forward, if not onward and upward.

Excelsior!

Carl Fogel

Google