PDA

View Full Version : Not out cycling today

Trevor A Panther[_3_]
November 27th 10, 01:08 PM
I confess that I am firmly ar home today having done my shopping very
locally in the village insteasd of combining my daily ride with a town trop
to the market.

I found about 3 inches or do of snow when I awoke at 6 am and i am
certainly not going to cycle in to town. Distincly cold on my knees to --
despite my knee warmers!.
I pushed my velo and trailer up hll into our village centre and many of the
side roads were like skating rinks. The snow in places had been melted by
car traffic and refrozen as black ice in places where the roads "appeared"
to be clear. There were the odd cars doing the traditional ice waltz --
many of them still covered in snow and I would think that some drivers would
hardly be able to see of of her semi frozen windscreens. They do it every
time!

So I did my bit of shopping in the village and walked back home -- a down
hill walk where I walked and wheeled in snow that was still relatively
unimpacted. The main road was virtually clear but I found several areas
where the black ice was shining like a mirror!.

So it looks like a bikeless w/e and I shall use the time to do a brake pad
change on my front brakes and give my Rholoff geared Raven Tour its pre
Chrismas service and degrotting!
--
From
Trevor A Panther

Mr. Benn[_7_]
November 27th 10, 05:01 PM
"Trevor A Panther" wrote in message

I confess that I am firmly ar home today having done my shopping very
locally in the village insteasd of combining my daily ride with a town trop
to the market.

I found about 3 inches or do of snow when I awoke at 6 am and i am
certainly not going to cycle in to town. Distincly cold on my knees to --
despite my knee warmers!.

I don't blame you for staying at home Trevor. It's bloody freezing outside,
even down here in the South!

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home