PDA

View Full Version : yet another pedestrian hit by a speeding cyclist

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 27th 10, 05:46 PM
This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and seriously
hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.
The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or even name
and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap on the pavement.
WTF is wrong with cyclists?

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Blind-man-badly-hurt-in.6636017.jp

Marc[_5_]
November 27th 10, 06:59 PM
On 27/11/2010 17:46, Mrcheerful wrote:
> This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and seriously
> hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.
> The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or even name
> and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap on the pavement.
> WTF is wrong with cyclists?
>
> http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Blind-man-badly-hurt-in.6636017.jp

Didn't you trawl this one the other day?

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 27th 10, 07:07 PM
Marc wrote:
> On 27/11/2010 17:46, Mrcheerful wrote:
>> This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and
>> seriously hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.
>> The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or
>> even name and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap
>> on the pavement. WTF is wrong with cyclists?
>>
>> http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Blind-man-badly-hurt-in.6636017.jp
>>

> Didn't you trawl this one the other day?

Not as far as I am aware, there was an elderly man killed by a cyclist a
week or so ago that I brought up here, but both man and cycle were actually
in the road (makes a change I suppose)

These 'cyclist running into people on the pavement' stories do pop up
frequently. Strange since according to some people they almost never ever
happen, and it is never ever the cyclist's fault in any way.

Let's see how this incident was all the fault of the pedestrian, or perhaps
it was his guide dog's fault? or was it the local council, or those nasty
motorists, or perhaps a horse, or a pedestrian barrier.

Mrcheerful

Derek C
November 27th 10, 07:09 PM
On Nov 27, 7:07*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> Marc wrote:
> > On 27/11/2010 17:46, Mrcheerful wrote:
> >> This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and
> >> seriously hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.
> >> The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or
> >> even name and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap
> >> on the pavement. WTF is wrong with cyclists?
>
> >>http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Blind-man-badly-hurt-in.6636017.jp
>
> > Didn't you trawl this one the other day?
>
> Not as far as I am aware, there was an elderly man killed by a cyclist a
> week or so ago that I brought up here, but both man and cycle were actually
> in the road (makes a change I suppose)
>
> These 'cyclist running into people on the pavement' stories do pop up
> frequently. *Strange since according to some people they almost never ever
> happen, and it is never ever the cyclist's fault in any way.
>
> Let's see how this incident was all the fault of the pedestrian, or perhaps
> it was his guide dog's fault? *or was it the local council, or those nasty
> motorists, or perhaps a horse, or a pedestrian barrier.
>
> Mrcheerful

Maybe the cyclist needs a guide dog?

Tony Raven[_3_]
November 27th 10, 07:58 PM
Mrcheerful wrote:
> This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and seriously
> hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.

You mean on a shared use path.

> The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or even name
> and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap on the pavement.
> WTF is wrong with cyclists?
>
> http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Blind-man-badly-hurt-in.6636017.jp

Its not only cyclists.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1317068/Night-bus-driver-50-held-horrific-hit-run-death-brilliant-student.html

following which a friend of my daughter's did the following:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1320855/Cambridge-University-student-killed-close-friend-dragged-death-London-bus.html

Tony

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 27th 10, 08:05 PM
Tony Raven wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
>> This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and
>> seriously hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.
>
> You mean on a shared use path.
>
>> The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or
>> even name and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap
>> on the pavement. WTF is wrong with cyclists?
>>
>> http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Blind-man-badly-hurt-in.6636017.jp
>>

> Its not only cyclists.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1317068/Night-bus-driver-50-held-horrific-hit-run-death-brilliant-student.html
>
> following which a friend of my daughter's did the following:
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1320855/Cambridge-University-student-killed-close-friend-dragged-death-London-bus.html
>
> Tony

It is a walkway.
So no comment relevant to the cyclist smashing into an elderly blind man and
dog? Typical cyclist, just like you really, cannot see a thing unless he
wants to.

Mrcheerful

Tony Raven[_3_]
November 27th 10, 09:42 PM
Mrcheerful wrote:

> It is a walkway. So no comment relevant to the cyclist smashing into
> an elderly blind man and dog? Typical cyclist, just like you really,
> cannot see a thing unless he wants to.

Wrong - it is a shared use cycle path.
http://road.cc/content/news/27697-blind-pensioner-left-bruised-and-bleeding-hit-and-run-cyclist-shared-use-path

And looking on Streetview at what I assume to be the location it does
not look the sort of place where a cyclist could manage any speed at
all. It does look like an accident waiting to happen with a narrow
overgrown blind entry/exit but that does not excuse the individual
leaving the scene and not offering help.

Tony

Tony Dragon
November 27th 10, 10:29 PM
On 27/11/2010 19:58, Tony Raven wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
>> This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and
>> seriously hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.
>
> You mean on a shared use path.
>
>> The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or even
>> name and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap on the
>> pavement. WTF is wrong with cyclists?
>>
>> http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Blind-man-badly-hurt-in.6636017.jp
>
> Its not only cyclists.
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1317068/Night-bus-driver-50-held-horrific-hit-run-death-brilliant-student.html
>

> following which a friend of my daughter's did the following:
>
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1320855/Cambridge-University-student-killed-close-friend-dragged-death-London-bus.html
>

> Tony

Not that I disbelieve you, but where is the evidence that it is shared use?

--
Tony Dragon

Tony Dragon
November 27th 10, 10:31 PM
On 27/11/2010 22:29, Tony Dragon wrote:
> On 27/11/2010 19:58, Tony Raven wrote:
>> Mrcheerful wrote:
>>> This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and
>>> seriously hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.
>>
>> You mean on a shared use path.
>>
>>> The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or even
>>> name and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap on the
>>> pavement. WTF is wrong with cyclists?
>>>
>>> http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Blind-man-badly-hurt-in.6636017.jp
>>
>> Its not only cyclists.
>>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1317068/Night-bus-driver-50-held-horrific-hit-run-death-brilliant-student.html
>>

>> following which a friend of my daughter's did the following:
>>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1320855/Cambridge-University-student-killed-close-friend-dragged-death-London-bus.html
>>

>> Tony
>>

> Not that I disbelieve you, but where is the evidence that it is shared use?

Forget that, I've just seen your later post.

--
Tony Dragon

PhilO
November 28th 10, 12:00 AM
On Nov 27, 5:46*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:

> WTF is wrong with cyclists?

I think you'll find its a hit and run thing, not a cyclist thing.
All sorts of scum do it.

WTF is wrong with you?

Doug[_3_]
November 28th 10, 07:06 AM
On Nov 27, 7:58*pm, Tony Raven > wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
> > This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and seriously
> > hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.
>
> You mean on a shared use path.
>
> > The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or even name
> > and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap on the pavement.

webreader
November 28th 10, 08:54 AM
On Nov 28, 7:06*am, Doug > wrote:
> On Nov 27, 7:58*pm, Tony Raven > wrote:
>
> > Mrcheerful wrote:
> > > This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and seriously
> > > hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.
>
> > You mean on a shared use path.
>
> > > The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or even name
> > > and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap on the pavement.
> > > WTF is wrong with cyclists?
>
> > >http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Blind-man-badly-hurt-in.6636017.jp
>
> > Its not only cyclists.
>
> >http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1317068/Night-bus-driver-50-h...
>
> > following which a friend of my daughter's did the following:
>
> >http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1320855/Cambridge-University-...
>
> Yes there are numerous examples of motorists injuring or even killing
> pedestrians on pavements so it makes you wonder why Mrcheerful keeps
> singling out cyclists for his criticisms. Maybe he is trying
> desperately to somehow compensate for all the harm caused by his
> fellow motorists, which are much more serious and numerous than that
> caused by cyclists?
>
> -- .
> UK Radical Campaigns.
> *http://www.zing.icom43.net
> A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Or maybe he is trying to compensate for the utter tripe that you spew
out.

FrengaX
November 28th 10, 08:56 AM
On Nov 28, 7:06*am, Doug > wrote:
> On Nov 27, 7:58*pm, Tony Raven > wrote:
>

> > Mrcheerful wrote:
> > > This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and seriously
> > > hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.
>
> > You mean on a shared use path.
>
> > > The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or even name
> > > and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap on the pavement.
> > > WTF is wrong with cyclists?
>
> > >http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Blind-man-badly-hurt-in.6636017.jp
>
> > Its not only cyclists.
>
> >http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1317068/Night-bus-driver-50-h...
>
> > following which a friend of my daughter's did the following:
>
> >http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1320855/Cambridge-University-...
>
> Yes there are numerous examples of motorists injuring or even killing
> pedestrians on pavements so it makes you wonder why Mrcheerful keeps
> singling out cyclists for his criticisms. Maybe he is trying
> desperately to somehow compensate for all the harm caused by his
> fellow motorists, which are much more serious and numerous than that
> caused by cyclists?

Or maybe it's a reaction to your attempts to extrapolate from
individual incidents of bad behaviour to try to say that all motorists
are the same. He is doing the same abot cyclists. Maybe you should
review his posts against yours and realise that you are as bad as each
other. Are you in some sort of competition to see who can expose
themselves are the biggest pillock?

Tony Dragon
November 28th 10, 08:56 AM
On 28/11/2010 00:00, PhilO wrote:
> On Nov 27, 5:46 pm, > wrote:
>
>> WTF is wrong with cyclists?
>
> I think you'll find its a hit and run thing, not a cyclist thing.
> All sorts of scum do it.

At last, a sensible comment.

--
Tony Dragon

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 28th 10, 09:24 AM
PhilO wrote:
> On Nov 27, 5:46 pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>
>> WTF is wrong with cyclists?
>
> I think you'll find its a hit and run thing, not a cyclist thing.
> All sorts of scum do it.
>
> WTF is wrong with you?

why do people hit and run then? is there no decency and compassion left?

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 28th 10, 09:50 AM
Doug wrote:
> On Nov 27, 7:58 pm, Tony Raven > wrote:
>> Mrcheerful wrote:
>>> This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and
>>> seriously hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.
>>
>> You mean on a shared use path.
>>
>>> The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or
>>> even name and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap
>>> on the pavement. WTF is wrong with cyclists?
>>
>>> http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Blind-man-badly-hurt-in.6636017.jp
>>
>> Its not only cyclists.
>>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1317068/Night-bus-driver-50-h...
>>
>> following which a friend of my daughter's did the following:
>>
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1320855/Cambridge-University-...
>>
> Yes there are numerous examples of motorists injuring or even killing
> pedestrians on pavements so it makes you wonder why Mrcheerful keeps
> singling out cyclists for his criticisms. Maybe he is trying
> desperately to somehow compensate for all the harm caused by his
> fellow motorists, which are much more serious and numerous than that
> caused by cyclists?

if cycles are so safe, then why do they keep mowing down pedstrians and
hurting themselves in stupid ways and aggravating the total population with
their ridiculous law breaking ways?

FrengaX
November 28th 10, 10:16 AM
On Nov 28, 9:50*am, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> Doug wrote:
>
> >> You mean on a shared use path.

> >> Its not only cyclists.
>
> >>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1317068/Night-bus-driver-50-h....
>
> >> following which a friend of my daughter's did the following:
>
> >>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1320855/Cambridge-University-....
>
> > Yes there are numerous examples of motorists injuring or even killing
> > pedestrians on pavements so it makes you wonder why Mrcheerful keeps
> > singling out cyclists for his criticisms. Maybe he is trying
> > desperately to somehow compensate for all the harm caused by his
> > fellow motorists, which are much more serious and numerous than that
> > caused by cyclists?
>
> if cycles are so safe, then why do they keep mowing down pedstrians and
> hurting themselves in stupid ways and aggravating the total population with
> their ridiculous law breaking ways?

The TOTAL population? How do you make that out?

Tony Raven[_3_]
November 28th 10, 11:07 AM
"Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> PhilO wrote:
>> On Nov 27, 5:46 pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>>
>>> WTF is wrong with cyclists?
>>
>> I think you'll find its a hit and run thing, not a cyclist thing.
>> All sorts of scum do it.
>>
>> WTF is wrong with you?
>
> why do people hit and run then? is there no decency and compassion
> left?

Dunno but the vast majority of hit and runs are by drivers not cyclists.
So you tell me.

--
Tony

Tony Raven[_3_]
November 28th 10, 11:07 AM
"Mrcheerful" > wrote:

> if cycles are so safe, then why do they keep mowing down pedstrians
> and
> hurting themselves in stupid ways and aggravating the total population
> with
> their ridiculous law breaking ways?

Now what were you saying about inventing whatever you like and ignoring
anything contrary?

So will will of course have evidence for your claims? And a few
anecdotal stories and letters in a few newspapers is not evidence for
all cycling nor the total population. And as for hurting themselves,
the evidence is that in the majority of cases it's the fault of a driver
not the cyclist. For pedestrians it's not known whether the cyclist or
pedestrian was at fault because it happens so rarely other than to note
in other vehicle-pedestrian accidents it's the pedestrian that is at
fault the majority of the time..

--
Tony

Doug[_3_]
November 29th 10, 04:39 PM
On Nov 28, 9:50*am, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> Doug wrote:
>
> >> You mean on a shared use path.

> >> Its not only cyclists.
>
> >>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1317068/Night-bus-driver-50-h....
>
> >> following which a friend of my daughter's did the following:
>
> >>http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1320855/Cambridge-University-....
>
> > Yes there are numerous examples of motorists injuring or even killing
> > pedestrians on pavements so it makes you wonder why Mrcheerful keeps
> > singling out cyclists for his criticisms. Maybe he is trying
> > desperately to somehow compensate for all the harm caused by his
> > fellow motorists, which are much more serious and numerous than that
> > caused by cyclists?
>
> if cycles are so safe, then why do they keep mowing down pedstrians and
> hurting themselves in stupid ways and aggravating the total population with
> their ridiculous law breaking ways?

Who says cyclists are safe? They are rendered unsafe by drivers and
because they are only a very small percentage of road/pavement users
compared to cars, which are very much more dangerous anyway, cyclists
are less of a threat to pedestrians. It should be obvious to you by
now.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Mrcheerful[_2_]
November 29th 10, 05:29 PM
Doug wrote:
> On Nov 28, 9:50 am, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>> Doug wrote:

>>> Yes there are numerous examples of motorists injuring or even
>>> killing pedestrians on pavements so it makes you wonder why
>>> Mrcheerful keeps singling out cyclists for his criticisms. Maybe he
>>> is trying desperately to somehow compensate for all the harm caused
>>> by his fellow motorists, which are much more serious and numerous
>>> than that caused by cyclists?
>>
>> if cycles are so safe, then why do they keep mowing down pedstrians
>> and hurting themselves in stupid ways and aggravating the total
>> population with their ridiculous law breaking ways?
>>
> Who says cyclists are safe? They are rendered unsafe by drivers and
> because they are only a very small percentage of road/pavement users
> compared to cars, which are very much more dangerous anyway, cyclists
> are less of a threat to pedestrians. It should be obvious to you by
> now.

that is not the experience of the majority of the english public. I cannot
take a simple walk without having to dodge pavement cyclists, I do not have
to dodge pavement motorists, therefore to me at least the cyclists are more
of a danger than the cars.

Tony Dragon
November 29th 10, 06:41 PM
On 29/11/2010 17:29, Mrcheerful wrote:
> Doug wrote:

>>> if cycles are so safe, then why do they keep mowing down pedstrians
>>> and hurting themselves in stupid ways and aggravating the total
>>> population with their ridiculous law breaking ways?
>>>
>> Who says cyclists are safe? They are rendered unsafe by drivers and
>> because they are only a very small percentage of road/pavement users
>> compared to cars, which are very much more dangerous anyway, cyclists
>> are less of a threat to pedestrians. It should be obvious to you by
>> now.
>
> that is not the experience of the majority of the english public. I cannot
> take a simple walk without having to dodge pavement cyclists, I do not have
> to dodge pavement motorists, therefore to me at least the cyclists are more
> of a danger than the cars.

My experience is the same.

--
Tony Dragon

amy45
November 30th 10, 03:52 PM
;2146692']This guy is blind, with a guide dog and has been mown down and seriously
hurt by a high speed cyclist ON THE PAVEMENT.
The cyclist did not hang around or give his insurance details or even name
and address, just rode away leaving a blind man in a heap on the pavement.
WTF is wrong with cyclists?

http://news.scotsman.com/scotland/Blind-man-badly-hurt-in.6636017.jp

God this post annoyed me...how can the cyclist just run off like that and not give a damn? Sometimes I feel like cyclists have a real chip on their shoulder, and a real superiority complex. They think because they are braving the cold to help the environment, that they can do no wrong. But as a matter of fact, they can do a lot wrong, and do do a lot wrong! I don't mean to generalise - I myself am a cyclist - but this is an attitude I have often come across...

ian
December 1st 10, 05:21 PM
"Tony Raven" > wrote in message
> Mrcheerful wrote:
>>
>> It is a walkway. So no comment relevant to the cyclist smashing
>> into
>> an elderly blind man and dog? Typical cyclist, just like you
>> really,
>> cannot see a thing unless he wants to.
>>

> Wrong - it is a shared use cycle path.
> http://road.cc/content/news/27697-blind-pensioner-left-bruised-and-bleeding-hit-and-run-cyclist-shared-use-path
>
> And looking on Streetview at what I assume to be the location it
> does not look the sort of place where a cyclist could manage any
> speed at all. It does look like an accident waiting to happen with
> a narrow overgrown blind entry/exit but that does not excuse the
> individual leaving the scene and not offering help.

Nor does it excuse the cyclist observing that the cycling conditions
are less than ideal and modifying his cycling appropriately.

Doug[_3_]
December 5th 10, 06:45 AM
On Nov 29, 6:41*pm, Tony Dragon > wrote:
> On 29/11/2010 17:29, Mrcheerful wrote:
>

> > Doug wrote:

> >> Who says cyclists are safe? They are rendered unsafe by drivers and
> >> because they are only a very small percentage of *road/pavement users
> >> compared to cars, which are very much more dangerous anyway, cyclists
> >> are less of a threat to pedestrians. It should be obvious to you by
> >> now.
>
> > that is not the experience of the majority of the english public. *I cannot
> > take a simple walk without having to dodge pavement cyclists, I do not have
> > to dodge pavement motorists, therefore to me at least the cyclists are more
> > of a danger than the cars.
>
> My experience is the same.

Anecdotal

Doug.

Derek C
December 5th 10, 07:57 AM
On Dec 5, 6:45*am, Doug > wrote:
> On Nov 29, 6:41*pm, Tony Dragon > wrote:

> > > that is not the experience of the majority of the english public. *I cannot
> > > take a simple walk without having to dodge pavement cyclists, I do not have
> > > to dodge pavement motorists, therefore to me at least the cyclists are more
> > > of a danger than the cars.
>
> > My experience is the same.
>
> Anecdotal
>
> Doug.- Hide quoted text -

There seems to be an awful lot of 'anecdotal' evidence about pavement
cyclists Doug!

Derek C

Doug[_3_]
December 5th 10, 09:13 AM
On Dec 5, 7:57*am, Derek C > wrote:
> On Dec 5, 6:45*am, Doug > wrote:

> > > My experience is the same.
>
> > Anecdotal
>
> > Doug.- Hide quoted text -
>
> There seems to be an awful lot of 'anecdotal' evidence about pavement
> cyclists Doug!

There is indeed. Pity they have no evidence, such as videos. Of
course, they are conveniently ignoring all the many pedestrians
actually killed by motorists. At least cyclists very rarely kill
anyone and are indeed most vulnerable to being killed themselves by
drivers..

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Tony Dragon
December 5th 10, 09:19 AM
On 05/12/2010 06:45, Doug wrote:
> On Nov 29, 6:41 pm, Tony > wrote:

>>> that is not the experience of the majority of the english public. I cannot
>>> take a simple walk without having to dodge pavement cyclists, I do not have
>>> to dodge pavement motorists, therefore to me at least the cyclists are more
>>> of a danger than the cars.
>>
>> My experience is the same.
>>
> Anecdotal
>
> Doug.

All my observations are.
It doesn't make them less real.

--
Tony Dragon

Marc[_5_]
December 5th 10, 09:20 AM
On 05/12/2010 09:13, Doug wrote:
> On Dec 5, 7:57 am, Derek > wrote:

>>> Anecdotal
>>
>>> Doug.- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> There seems to be an awful lot of 'anecdotal' evidence about pavement
>> cyclists Doug!
>>
> There is indeed. Pity they have no evidence, such as videos.

http://www.tubehome.com/watch/pavement-cycling

Marc[_5_]
December 5th 10, 09:26 AM
On 05/12/2010 09:13, Doug wrote:
> On Dec 5, 7:57 am, Derek > wrote:

>>> Anecdotal
>>
>>> Doug.- Hide quoted text -
>>
>> There seems to be an awful lot of 'anecdotal' evidence about pavement
>> cyclists Doug!
>>
> There is indeed. Pity they have no evidence, such as videos.

http://www.tubehome.com/watch/swindon-pavement-cyclists-19th-july-2010

http://www.tubehome.com/watch/2010-09-24-dirty-pavement-cyclist

http://www.tubehome.com/watch/pavement-cyclist

http://www.tubehome.com/watch/police-community-support-officers-riding-on-the-pavement

Need any more?

Derek C
December 5th 10, 10:13 AM
On Dec 5, 9:26*am, Marc > wrote:
> On 05/12/2010 09:13, Doug wrote:

> >> There seems to be an awful lot of 'anecdotal' evidence about pavement
> >> cyclists Doug!
>
> > There is indeed. Pity they have no evidence, such as videos.
>
> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/swindon-pavement-cyclists-19th-july-2010
>
> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/2010-09-24-dirty-pavement-cyclist
>
> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/pavement-cyclist
>
> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/police-community-support-officers-ridin...
>
> Need any more?- Hide quoted text -

Doug - wrong as usual!

Marc[_5_]
December 5th 10, 10:44 AM
On 05/12/2010 10:13, Derek C wrote:
> On Dec 5, 9:26 am, > wrote:

>>> There is indeed. Pity they have no evidence, such as videos.
>>
>> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/swindon-pavement-cyclists-19th-july-2010
>>
>> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/2010-09-24-dirty-pavement-cyclist
>>
>> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/pavement-cyclist
>>
>> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/police-community-support-officers-ridin...
>>
>> Need any more?- Hide quoted text -

> Doug - wrong as usual!
The pair of you have so much in common.

Derek C
December 5th 10, 11:12 AM
On Dec 5, 10:44*am, Marc > wrote:

> > Doug - wrong as usual!
>
> The pair of you have so much in common.-

I don't think so. I am not a rabid anti-motorist (despite Doug
formerly being the owner of a gas guzzling 4WD Land Rover), I don't
attend critical mass events and I don't ride an illegal electric bike
on pavements and railway platforms. I have changed the subject text
back to what it should be. Doug thinks it is clever to keep changing
'cyclist' to 'motorist'. Pathetic more like!

Derek C

Marc[_5_]
December 5th 10, 04:37 PM
On 05/12/2010 11:12, Derek C wrote:
> On Dec 5, 10:44 am, > wrote:
>>
>>> Doug - wrong as usual!
>>
>> The pair of you have so much in common.-
>
> I don't think so.

You have a history of not thinking clearly.

Tony Raven[_3_]
December 5th 10, 05:00 PM
Marc wrote:
> On 05/12/2010 11:12, Derek C wrote:
>>
>> I don't think so........
>

> You have a history of not thinking clearly.

IFHPFH

Tony ;-)

Marc[_5_]
December 5th 10, 05:05 PM
On 05/12/2010 17:00, Tony Raven wrote:
> Marc wrote:
>> On 05/12/2010 11:12, Derek C wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't think so........
>>

>> You have a history of not thinking clearly.
>
> IFHPFH

Beyond me...

Doug[_3_]
December 6th 10, 07:00 AM
On Dec 5, 9:26*am, Marc > wrote:
> On 05/12/2010 09:13, Doug wrote:

> >> There seems to be an awful lot of 'anecdotal' evidence about pavement
> >> cyclists Doug!
>
> > There is indeed. Pity they have no evidence, such as videos.
>
> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/swindon-pavement-cyclists-19th-july-2010
>
> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/2010-09-24-dirty-pavement-cyclist
>
> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/pavement-cyclist
>
> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/police-community-support-officers-ridin...
>
> Need any more?

What do you mean 'any more'? You haven't even started. Where is a
video of a cyclist colliding with a pedestrian? We all know that
cyclists sometimes use pavements so what is the point of you proving
that?

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Derek C
December 6th 10, 07:07 AM
On Dec 6, 7:00*am, Doug > wrote:
> On Dec 5, 9:26*am, Marc > wrote:

> > > There is indeed. Pity they have no evidence, such as videos.
>
> >http://www.tubehome.com/watch/swindon-pavement-cyclists-19th-july-2010
>
> >http://www.tubehome.com/watch/2010-09-24-dirty-pavement-cyclist
>
> >http://www.tubehome.com/watch/pavement-cyclist
>
> >http://www.tubehome.com/watch/police-community-support-officers-ridin...
>
> > Need any more?
>
> What do you mean 'any more'? You haven't even started. Where is a
> video of a cyclist colliding with a pedestrian? We all know that
> cyclists sometimes use pavements so what is the point of you proving
> that?
>
> -- .
Cycling on the pavement is illegal unless there is a clearly marked
cycle path on it. Where are your videos of cyclists being deliberately
rammed by motorists?

Tony Raven[_3_]
December 6th 10, 08:15 AM
Derek C wrote:

> Cycling on the pavement is illegal unless there is a clearly marked
> cycle path on it.

Plenty of examples of legally marked cycle paths on
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46913481@N00/sets/72157625534207236/detail/

You will of course be able to tell me which ones they are.

Of course if you can't tell then you have no idea whether the cycling is
legal or not.

Tony

Tony Dragon
December 6th 10, 08:26 AM
On 06/12/2010 07:00, Doug wrote:
> On Dec 5, 9:26 am, > wrote:

>>> There is indeed. Pity they have no evidence, such as videos.
>>
>> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/swindon-pavement-cyclists-19th-july-2010
>>
>> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/2010-09-24-dirty-pavement-cyclist
>>
>> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/pavement-cyclist
>>
>> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/police-community-support-officers-ridin...
>>
>> Need any more?
>>
> What do you mean 'any more'? You haven't even started. Where is a
> video of a cyclist colliding with a pedestrian? We all know that
> cyclists sometimes use pavements so what is the point of you proving
> that?
>
> -- .
> UK Radical Campaigns.
> http://www.zing.icom43.net
> A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Lets see, you asked for videos of pavement cycling.
You were given links to such videos
You have now said that that is not enough
You are a sad person aren't you.

--
Tony Dragon

webreader
December 6th 10, 08:35 AM
On Dec 6, 7:07*am, Derek C > wrote:
> On Dec 6, 7:00*am, Doug > wrote:

> > >http://www.tubehome.com/watch/swindon-pavement-cyclists-19th-july-2010
>
> > >http://www.tubehome.com/watch/2010-09-24-dirty-pavement-cyclist
>
> > >http://www.tubehome.com/watch/pavement-cyclist
>
> > >http://www.tubehome.com/watch/police-community-support-officers-ridin....
>
> > > Need any more?
>
> > What do you mean 'any more'? You haven't even started. Where is a
> > video of a cyclist colliding with a pedestrian? We all know that
> > cyclists sometimes use pavements so what is the point of you proving
> > that?
>
> > -- .
>
> Cycling on the pavement is illegal unless there is a clearly marked
> cycle path on it. Where are your videos of cyclists being deliberately
> rammed by motorists?

Will this do?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SZe1er5RTY

or this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghs3Cr2gWTQ

Marc[_5_]
December 6th 10, 10:33 PM
On 06/12/2010 07:07, Derek C wrote:
> On Dec 6, 7:00 am, > wrote:

>>> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/swindon-pavement-cyclists-19th-july-2010
>>
>>> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/2010-09-24-dirty-pavement-cyclist
>>
>>> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/pavement-cyclist
>>
>>> http://www.tubehome.com/watch/police-community-support-officers-ridin...
>>
>>> Need any more?
>>
>> What do you mean 'any more'? You haven't even started. Where is a
>> video of a cyclist colliding with a pedestrian? We all know that
>> cyclists sometimes use pavements so what is the point of you proving
>> that?
>>
>> -- .
> Cycling on the pavement is illegal

Not neccessarily