PDA

View Full Version : Re: Republicans and other *******s are trying to slow you down

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average backyard philosopher[_2_]
November 30th 10, 02:54 PM
On Nov 30, 6:47 am, dr_jeff > wrote:
> On 11/30/10 6:23 AM, Steve wrote:

> >> Berkley is part of the Univ. of California System.
>
> > Exactly... and Berkeley Lab is part of that system..
>
> >> You would not in the URL that it includes lbl.gov, which indicates that
> >> it is a government site, not a educational site.
>
> > It's not a government site, Dummy. Government sites are labeled as
> > ".gov" not "xxx.gov."
>
> WTF?
>
> .gov means the domain name ends in ".gov". As in "whitehouse.gov".
>
> >> The Berkley I am talking about is a DOE lab.
>
> > Read carefully, you moron. Berkeley Lab is not the DOE.
>
> No, it is a national lab owned by the DOE. It is under contract to be
> run by the University of California. Then why does it say at the very
> bottom of the page, "A U.S. Department of Energy National Laboratory
> Operated by the University of California"?
>
> > It is part
> > of the University of California at Berkeley, a wacko lefty university.
> > It's designation as a national lab under the DOE simply states that it
> > is under contract with the DOE but it is staffed and run by the
> > Berkeley University.
>
> You got it backwards. It is a DOE lab that is operated by University of
> California.
>
> > It does not speak for the DOE
>
> Actually, it does. Because it is a DOE-owned lab.
>
> Besides, you yet to show that it has said anything incorrect.
>
> Here is another article saying that up to 10% of all residential power
> use is vampire power:http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V2V-517BB5...
>
> And here is on in Belgium where they studies actual households: They
> found 8% is wasted on standby power:http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?arnumber=4424225
>
> The lab may be operated by the "wacko, lefty" university, but they came
> to the correct conclusion.
>
> So drop your whining, and show that the results that they are finding
> are incorrect.

These Republicans don't believe in science and Climate Change. Hey, I
want you to do a simple test in your lab. Place a Republican in his
car in a closed garage overnight and leave the car running. If he
survives carbon gases are harmless. ;)

Forrest Hodge
December 2nd 10, 10:30 PM
On 11/30/2010 9:54 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average
backyard philosopher wrote:
> On Nov 30, 6:47 am, > wrote:

>>> Exactly... and Berkeley Lab is part of that system..

>>> It's not a government site, Dummy. Government sites are labeled as
>>> ".gov" not "xxx.gov."
>>
>> WTF?
>>
>> .gov means the domain name ends in ".gov". As in "whitehouse.gov".

>>> Read carefully, you moron. Berkeley Lab is not the DOE.
>>
>> No, it is a national lab owned by the DOE. It is under contract to be
>> run by the University of California. Then why does it say at the very
>> bottom of the page, "A U.S. Department of Energy National Laboratory
>> Operated by the University of California"?
>>
>>> It is part
>>> of the University of California at Berkeley, a wacko lefty university.
>>> It's designation as a national lab under the DOE simply states that it
>>> is under contract with the DOE but it is staffed and run by the
>>> Berkeley University.
>>
>> You got it backwards. It is a DOE lab that is operated by University of
>> California.
>>
>>> It does not speak for the DOE
>>
>> Actually, it does. Because it is a DOE-owned lab.
>>
>> Besides, you yet to show that it has said anything incorrect.
>>
>> Here is another article saying that up to 10% of all residential power
>> use is vampire power:http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V2V-517BB5...
>>
>> And here is on in Belgium where they studies actual households: They
>> found 8% is wasted on standby power:http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?arnumber=4424225
>>
>> The lab may be operated by the "wacko, lefty" university, but they came
>> to the correct conclusion.
>>
>> So drop your whining, and show that the results that they are finding
>> are incorrect.
>
> These Republicans don't believe in science and Climate Change. Hey, I
> want you to do a simple test in your lab. Place a Republican in his
> car in a closed garage overnight and leave the car running. If he
> survives carbon gases are harmless. ;)

I'm a conservative who is a firm believer in science and doesn't
regularly attend any religious services, what do you make of that? I do
think it's kinda hypocritical that someone who is apparently a firm
believer in science would have such a big problem with SUV vs. Bicycles.
It's Darwinism in action. If the bicyclist cannot adapt, then then
he/she is destined for extinction. Or is there someone unnatural about
the law of the jungle?

Tēm ShermĒn™ °_°[_2_]
December 2nd 10, 11:07 PM
On 12/2/2010 4:30 PM, Forrest Hodge wrote:
> On 11/30/2010 9:54 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average
> backyard philosopher wrote:

>>> WTF?
>>>
>>> .gov means the domain name ends in ".gov". As in "whitehouse.gov".

>>> No, it is a national lab owned by the DOE. It is under contract to be
>>> run by the University of California. Then why does it say at the very
>>> bottom of the page, "A U.S. Department of Energy National Laboratory
>>> Operated by the University of California"?

>>> You got it backwards. It is a DOE lab that is operated by University of
>>> California.

>>> Actually, it does. Because it is a DOE-owned lab.
>>>
>>> Besides, you yet to show that it has said anything incorrect.
>>>
>>> Here is another article saying that up to 10% of all residential power
>>> use is vampire
>>> power:http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V2V-517BB5...
>>>

>>> And here is on in Belgium where they studies actual households: They
>>> found 8% is wasted on standby
>>> power:http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?arnumber=4424225
>>>
>>> The lab may be operated by the "wacko, lefty" university, but they came
>>> to the correct conclusion.
>>>
>>> So drop your whining, and show that the results that they are finding
>>> are incorrect.
>>
>> These Republicans don't believe in science and Climate Change. Hey, I
>> want you to do a simple test in your lab. Place a Republican in his
>> car in a closed garage overnight and leave the car running. If he
>> survives carbon gases are harmless. ;)
>>
> I'm a conservative who is a firm believer in science and doesn't
> regularly attend any religious services, what do you make of that? I do
> think it's kinda hypocritical that someone who is apparently a firm
> believer in science would have such a big problem with SUV vs. Bicycles.
> It's Darwinism in action. If the bicyclist cannot adapt, then then
> he/she is destined for extinction. Or is there someone unnatural about
> the law of the jungle?

The SUV will become extinct, since it can not adapt to a world where
human overpopulation and over-consumption are rapidly depleting natural
resources and damaging the ecosystem.

100 years from now, the human population will almost certainly be
between 0 and 100 million.

--
Tēm ShermĒn - 42.435731,-83.985007
I am a vehicular cyclist.

His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average backyard philosopher[_2_]
December 2nd 10, 11:18 PM
On Dec 2, 5:30*pm, Forrest Hodge > wrote:
> On 11/30/2010 9:54 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average
>
> backyard philosopher wrote:

> >> WTF?
>
> >> .gov means the domain name ends in ".gov". As in "whitehouse.gov".

> >> No, it is a national lab owned by the DOE. It is under contract to be
> >> run by the University of California. Then why does it say at the very
> >> bottom of the page, "A U.S. Department of Energy National Laboratory
> >> Operated by the University of California"?

> >> You got it backwards. It is a DOE lab that is operated by University of
> >> California.

> >> Actually, it does. Because it is a DOE-owned lab.
>
> >> Besides, you yet to show that it has said anything incorrect.
>
> >> Here is another article saying that up to 10% of all residential power
> >> use is vampire power:http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V2V-517BB5...
>
> >> And here is on in Belgium where they studies actual households: They
> >> found 8% is wasted on standby power:http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?arnumber=4424225
>
> >> The lab may be operated by the "wacko, lefty" university, but they came
> >> to the correct conclusion.
>
> >> So drop your whining, and show that the results that they are finding
> >> are incorrect.
>
> > These Republicans don't believe in science and Climate Change. Hey, I
> > want you to do a simple test in your lab. Place a Republican in his
> > car in a closed garage overnight and leave the car running. If he
> > survives carbon gases are harmless. ;)
>
> I'm a conservative who is a firm believer in science and doesn't
> regularly attend any religious services, what do you make of that? I do
> think it's kinda hypocritical that someone who is apparently a firm
> believer in science would have such a big problem with SUV vs. Bicycles.
> It's Darwinism in action. If the bicyclist cannot adapt, then then
> he/she is destined for extinction. Or is there someone unnatural about
> the law of the jungle?

Yeah, you forget the other side of the equation: BIG FISH EATS LITTLE
FISH, but the LITTLE FISH ORGANIZED would lead to a balance or perhaps
to making the predator redundant when we can all live in abundance.

Monkeys always fought lions, and finally beat them.

Otherwise we get these Darwinist roads where you can't even use your
400 hp muscle car that any big SUV can flatten.

But the predator is not very smart, just powerful. You must be content
to admire your own muscle without using it. Go to the Autobahn instead!

Forrest Hodge
December 3rd 10, 12:37 AM
On 12/2/2010 6:18 PM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average
backyard philosopher wrote:
> On Dec 2, 5:30 pm, Forrest > wrote:
>> On 11/30/2010 9:54 AM, His Highness the TibetanMonkey, not your average
>>
>> backyard philosopher wrote:

>>> These Republicans don't believe in science and Climate Change. Hey, I
>>> want you to do a simple test in your lab. Place a Republican in his
>>> car in a closed garage overnight and leave the car running. If he
>>> survives carbon gases are harmless. ;)
>>
>> I'm a conservative who is a firm believer in science and doesn't
>> regularly attend any religious services, what do you make of that? I do
>> think it's kinda hypocritical that someone who is apparently a firm
>> believer in science would have such a big problem with SUV vs. Bicycles.
>> It's Darwinism in action. If the bicyclist cannot adapt, then then
>> he/she is destined for extinction. Or is there someone unnatural about
>> the law of the jungle?
>
> Yeah, you forget the other side of the equation: BIG FISH EATS LITTLE
> FISH, but the LITTLE FISH ORGANIZED would lead to a balance or perhaps
> to making the predator redundant when we can all live in abundance.
>
> Monkeys always fought lions, and finally beat them.
>
> Otherwise we get these Darwinist roads where you can't even use your
> 400 hp muscle car that any big SUV can flatten.
>
> But the predator is not very smart, just powerful. You must be content
> to admire your own muscle without using it. Go to the Autobahn instead!
I tried to make it to drag strip at least once a month. As for the SUV
flattening the muscle car, I suppose it could happen, and indeed in
where I live the SUV and Pickup truck rule, but I don't have any ill
will towards those who choose to use a Tahoe or Excursion as their daily
driver, it's their choice.

In the interest of disclosure, I also have a full sized SUV of my
own. Though I don't drive it much since it has over 250k on the clock,
and the Mustang is much more fun to drive anyway. These days the Bronco
is limited to PWC towing duty, and getting around when it snows. It's an
appliance more or less,. I may end up replacing with with an F-150 at
some point, but it has been quite reliable, the only major repair was a
transmission rebuild, other than that it's served me well, and done
everything I've ever asked of it.

The Autobahn is overrated, traffic is terrible on most parts of it,
you're lucky if you can even briefly hit triple digit speeds.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home