PDA

View Full Version : Yet another violent cyclist

Marie
December 1st 10, 07:51 PM
http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/2083257_punch_in_face_after_pavement_cycle_row

I think the cyclist must be stressed because of his mode of transport.

"A 62-year-old man was punched in the face during a row with a man who
was cycling on the pavement.

Police are trying to trace a woman who witnessed the attack which
happened in Waylen Street, West Reading, at about 9.55am on Thursday.

PC Stephen Morgan-Russell, from Reading police station, said: “The
victim has told us that the incident was witnessed by a woman who then
helped him to Reading railway station after he was assaulted.

“I need to trace this witness and urge her to come forward as a matter
of urgency.”

The woman is white, aged about 35, about 5ft 6in tall with dark hair.

The offender was riding a red pushbike and is described as black, aged
about 50 and he has a grey goatee beard."

Squashme
December 2nd 10, 10:15 AM
On Dec 1, 7:51*pm, Marie > wrote:
> http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/2083257_punch_in_face_after_paveme...
>
> I think the cyclist must be stressed because of his mode of transport.
>
> "A 62-year-old man was punched in the face during a row with a man who
> was cycling on the pavement.
>
> Police are trying to trace a woman who witnessed the attack which
> happened in Waylen Street, West Reading, at about 9.55am on Thursday.
>
> PC Stephen Morgan-Russell, from Reading police station, said: “The
> victim has told us that the incident was witnessed by a woman who then
> helped him to Reading railway station after he was assaulted.
>
> “I need to trace this witness and urge her to come forward as a matter
> of urgency.”
>
> The woman is white, aged about 35, about 5ft 6in tall with dark hair.
>
> The offender was riding a red pushbike and is described as black, aged
> about 50 and he has a grey goatee beard."

"a helmet would probably have saved this bloke"

Doug[_3_]
December 5th 10, 06:57 AM
On Dec 1, 7:51*pm, Marie > wrote:
> http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/2083257_punch_in_face_after_paveme...
>
> I think the cyclist must be stressed because of his mode of transport.
>
> "A 62-year-old man was punched in the face during a row with a man who
> was cycling on the pavement.
>
> Police are trying to trace a woman who witnessed the attack which
> happened in Waylen Street, West Reading, at about 9.55am on Thursday.
>
> PC Stephen Morgan-Russell, from Reading police station, said: “The
> victim has told us that the incident was witnessed by a woman who then
> helped him to Reading railway station after he was assaulted.
>
> “I need to trace this witness and urge her to come forward as a matter
> of urgency.”
>
> The woman is white, aged about 35, about 5ft 6in tall with dark hair.
>
> The offender was riding a red pushbike and is described as black, aged
> about 50 and he has a grey goatee beard."

So no witnesses available and only the pedestrian's word for it. How
do we know he didn't physically attack the cyclist first?

Maybe if our roads were made much safer cyclists wouldn't feel the
need to use pavements. After all, pavement cycling is very
inconvenient what with all its clutter and lack of dropped kerbs at
many intersections, as well as hostile pedestrians.

Doug

FrengaX
December 5th 10, 09:06 AM
On Dec 5, 6:57*am, Doug > wrote:
> On Dec 1, 7:51*pm, Marie > wrote:
>

> >http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/2083257_punch_in_face_after_paveme...
>
> > I think the cyclist must be stressed because of his mode of transport.
>
> > "A 62-year-old man was punched in the face during a row with a man who
> > was cycling on the pavement.
>
> > Police are trying to trace a woman who witnessed the attack which
> > happened in Waylen Street, West Reading, at about 9.55am on Thursday.
>
> > PC Stephen Morgan-Russell, from Reading police station, said: “The
> > victim has told us that the incident was witnessed by a woman who then
> > helped him to Reading railway station after he was assaulted.
>
> > “I need to trace this witness and urge her to come forward as a matter
> > of urgency.”
>
> > The woman is white, aged about 35, about 5ft 6in tall with dark hair.
>
> > The offender was riding a red pushbike and is described as black, aged
> > about 50 and he has a grey goatee beard."
>
> So no witnesses available and only the pedestrian's word for it. How
> do we know he didn't physically attack the cyclist first?
>
> Maybe if our roads were made much safer cyclists wouldn't feel the
> need to use pavements. After all, pavement cycling is very
> inconvenient what with all its clutter and lack of dropped kerbs at
> many intersections

Maybe that's because they're not designed with cyclists in mind - for
obvious reasons.

> as well as hostile pedestrians.

Do you think there might be a reason for that, given what you've
already said?

Tony Dragon
December 5th 10, 09:10 AM
On 05/12/2010 06:57, Doug wrote:
> On Dec 1, 7:51 pm, > wrote:
>> http://www.getreading.co.uk/news/s/2083257_punch_in_face_after_paveme...
>>
>> I think the cyclist must be stressed because of his mode of transport.
>>
>> "A 62-year-old man was punched in the face during a row with a man who
>> was cycling on the pavement.
>>
>> Police are trying to trace a woman who witnessed the attack which
>> happened in Waylen Street, West Reading, at about 9.55am on Thursday.
>>
>> PC Stephen Morgan-Russell, from Reading police station, said: “The
>> victim has told us that the incident was witnessed by a woman who then
>> helped him to Reading railway station after he was assaulted.
>>
>> “I need to trace this witness and urge her to come forward as a matter
>> of urgency.”
>>
>> The woman is white, aged about 35, about 5ft 6in tall with dark hair.
>>
>> The offender was riding a red pushbike and is described as black, aged
>> about 50 and he has a grey goatee beard."
>>
> So no witnesses available and only the pedestrian's word for it.
A bit like your reports then.

> How
> do we know he didn't physically attack the cyclist first?
True, he may have lost his temper after the cyclist tried to run him down.

> Maybe if our roads were made much safer cyclists wouldn't feel the
> need to use pavements.
That a bit like saying 'Maybe if our houses were made more secure, then
thieves would not feel the need to break in@.

>After all, pavement cycling is very
> inconvenient what with all its clutter and lack of dropped kerbs at
> many intersections, as well as hostile pedestrians.

Yes, lets get those dammed pedestrians off the pavement, they don't
belong there.

--
Tony Dragon

Google