PDA

View Full Version : Cycling in Cheltenham town centre ban may be lifted

Mrcheerful[_2_]
December 2nd 10, 07:22 AM
'we will have to see if cyclists can behave responsibly' ha-ha

Responsible cyclists are outnumbered thousands to one against by the common,
lawbreaking, don't give a monkey's types. A trial lifting will last a few
days before someone is injured by a brakeless speeding cyclist.

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/news/Ban-cycling-Cheltenham-town-centre-lifted/article-2961251-detail/article.html

FrengaX
December 2nd 10, 07:35 AM
On Dec 2, 7:22*am, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> 'we will have to see if cyclists can behave responsibly' *ha-ha
>
> Responsible cyclists are outnumbered thousands to one against by the common,
> lawbreaking, don't give a monkey's types. *

I assume that you have evidence/statistics to back up that claim.

Tony Raven[_3_]
December 2nd 10, 08:30 AM
"Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> 'we will have to see if cyclists can behave responsibly' ha-ha
>
> Responsible cyclists are outnumbered thousands to one against by the
> common,
> lawbreaking, don't give a monkey's types. A trial lifting will last a
> few
> days before someone is injured by a brakeless speeding cyclist.
>
> http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/news/Ban-cycling-Cheltenham-town-centre-lifted/article-2961251-detail/article.html

In January 2005 the Cambridge City Council suspended the city centre
cycling ban for a trial period of 18 months to similar claims of
impending pedestrian carnage. Almost 6 years later it is still
suspended and the carnage has not materialised despite very high levels
of cycle use in the city including students speeding through the centre
to get to lectures on time.

--
Tony

Doug[_3_]
December 2nd 10, 08:49 AM
On Dec 2, 7:22*am, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> 'we will have to see if cyclists can behave responsibly' *ha-ha
>
> Responsible cyclists are outnumbered thousands to one against by the common,
> lawbreaking, don't give a monkey's types. *A trial lifting will last a few
> days before someone is injured by a brakeless speeding cyclist.
>
> http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/news/Ban-cycling-Cheltenham-to...

Well at least cars still won't be allowed there, which is a blessing
considering how much more dangerous they are than cyclists..

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Tony Dragon
December 2nd 10, 11:25 AM
On 02/12/2010 08:49, Doug wrote:
> On Dec 2, 7:22 am, > wrote:
>> 'we will have to see if cyclists can behave responsibly' ha-ha
>>
>> Responsible cyclists are outnumbered thousands to one against by the common,
>> lawbreaking, don't give a monkey's types. A trial lifting will last a few
>> days before someone is injured by a brakeless speeding cyclist.
>>
>> http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/news/Ban-cycling-Cheltenham-to...
>>
> Well at least cars still won't be allowed there, which is a blessing
> considering how much more dangerous they are than cyclists..
>
> -- .
> UK Radical Campaigns.
> http://www.zing.icom43.net
> A driving licence is a licence to kill.