PDA

View Full Version : Tonight

Mr Pounder
December 5th 10, 05:54 PM
I have just been for a snout at the front door.
Down the footpath come a cyclist dressed in black and as normal no lights.
It is dark, it is foggy and the footpaths are icy.
This was not a kid, this was a man.
Utter pillock. Utter cyclist.

Mr Pounder

Mrcheerful[_2_]
December 5th 10, 06:05 PM
Mr Pounder wrote:
> I have just been for a snout at the front door.
> Down the footpath come a cyclist dressed in black and as normal no
> lights. It is dark, it is foggy and the footpaths are icy.
> This was not a kid, this was a man.
> Utter pillock. Utter cyclist.
>
> Mr Pounder

Was it Doug?

Mr Pounder
December 5th 10, 06:40 PM
"Mrcheerful" > wrote in message
> Mr Pounder wrote:
>> I have just been for a snout at the front door.
>> Down the footpath come a cyclist dressed in black and as normal no
>> lights. It is dark, it is foggy and the footpaths are icy.
>> This was not a kid, this was a man.
>> Utter pillock. Utter cyclist.
>>
>> Mr Pounder
>
> Was it Doug?

Might have been. Might also have been Elvis, the fog was as thick as the
bloke on the bike.

Mr Pounder

Tony Raven[_3_]
December 5th 10, 06:44 PM
Mr Pounder wrote:
> "Mrcheerful" > wrote in message
>> Mr Pounder wrote:
>>> I have just been for a snout at the front door.
>>> Down the footpath come a cyclist dressed in black and as normal no
>>> lights. It is dark, it is foggy and the footpaths are icy.
>>> This was not a kid, this was a man.
>>> Utter pillock. Utter cyclist.
>>>
>>> Mr Pounder
>> Was it Doug?
>
> Might have been. Might also have been Elvis, the fog was as thick as the
> bloke on the bike.....

.....and the bloke standing out in the fog looking trying to spot
cyclists on the pavement.

Tony

Mr Pounder
December 5th 10, 07:02 PM
"Tony Raven" > wrote in message
> Mr Pounder wrote:

>>> Was it Doug?
>>
>> Might have been. Might also have been Elvis, the fog was as thick as the
>> bloke on the bike.....
>>

> ....and the bloke standing out in the fog looking trying to spot cyclists
> on the pavement.
>
> Tony

Read the first line of my post. I know it's difficult for you, I do
understand.

Mr Pounder

Mark Lewis
December 5th 10, 07:24 PM
On 05/12/2010 17:54, Mr Pounder wrote:
> I have just been for a snout at the front door.
> Down the footpath come a cyclist dressed in black and as normal no lights.

Like it says on the packet: Smoking kills

--
Mark Lewis, North Somerset

Mrcheerful[_2_]
December 5th 10, 07:27 PM
Mark Lewis wrote:
> On 05/12/2010 17:54, Mr Pounder wrote:
>> I have just been for a snout at the front door.
>> Down the footpath come a cyclist dressed in black and as normal no
>> lights.
>
> Like it says on the packet: Smoking kills

What? you think the Angel of Death is riding up to his door on a bicycle?
Where would he put the scythe?

Tony Raven[_3_]
December 5th 10, 07:33 PM
Mrcheerful wrote:
> Mark Lewis wrote:
>> On 05/12/2010 17:54, Mr Pounder wrote:
>>> I have just been for a snout at the front door.
>>> Down the footpath come a cyclist dressed in black and as normal no
>>> lights.
>> Like it says on the packet: Smoking kills
>
> What? you think the Angel of Death is riding up to his door on a bicycle?
> Where would he put the scythe?

Perhaps the Grim Reaper is subject to economic pressures too and it on
an efficiency drive. It would be much faster for him if he strapped the
scythe to the top tube and cycled through the pedestrians ;-)

Tony

Tony Raven[_3_]
December 5th 10, 07:35 PM
Mr Pounder wrote:
> "Tony Raven" > wrote in message
>> Mr Pounder wrote:

>>> Might have been. Might also have been Elvis, the fog was as thick as the
>>> bloke on the bike.....
>>>
>> ....and the bloke standing out in the fog looking trying to spot cyclists
>> on the pavement.
>>
>> Tony
>
> Read the first line of my post. I know it's difficult for you, I do
> understand.

I did. Its ambiguous. Going for a snout (around) means being nosey or
it can mean going for a smoke. Knowing you and being sure you wouldn't
accept being evicted from your own house into the cold and dark when you
wanted a smoke, I went for the former.

Tony

Mr Pounder
December 5th 10, 07:45 PM
"Tony Raven" > wrote in message
> Mr Pounder wrote:

>>> ....and the bloke standing out in the fog looking trying to spot
>>> cyclists on the pavement.
>>>
>>> Tony
>>
>> Read the first line of my post. I know it's difficult for you, I do
>> understand.
>>

> I did. Its ambiguous. Going for a snout (around) means being nosey or it
> can mean going for a smoke. Knowing you and being sure you wouldn't
> accept being evicted from your own house into the cold and dark when you
> wanted a smoke, I went for the former.
>
> Tony

Yeah okay :-)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
I do not smoke in my house.

Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder
December 5th 10, 08:06 PM
"Tony Raven" > wrote in message
> Mr Pounder wrote:

>>> ....and the bloke standing out in the fog looking trying to spot
>>> cyclists on the pavement.
>>>
>>> Tony
>>
>> Read the first line of my post. I know it's difficult for you, I do
>> understand.
>>

> I did. Its ambiguous. Going for a snout (around) means being nosey or it
> can mean going for a smoke. Knowing you and being sure you wouldn't
> accept being evicted from your own house into the cold and dark when you
> wanted a smoke, I went for the former.
>
> Tony

In addition to my last reply to you I am absolutely not a nosey person.
My front door is actually at the side of my bungalow and I can't see much
from there.
My office window faces the street.
I have noticed that the lady across the road is back home. She is 42 and
fit. Her husband is 71!
I thought that she may have left him; but she came back yesterday carrying
shopping bags from Sainsburys.
Her lad is a nice guy and likes my dog, he is always messing with his car.
He sometimes sits in his front garden wearing a blue dressing gown and
smoking a snout.
He is drinking from a cup. I do not know if it is tea or coffee; but I will
find out.
I hope this clarifies me not being a nosey person.

Mr Pounder

FrengaX
December 5th 10, 08:18 PM
On Dec 5, 5:54*pm, "Mr Pounder" > wrote:
> I have just been for a snout at the front door.
> Down the footpath come a cyclist dressed in black and as normal no lights..
> It is dark, it is foggy and the footpaths are icy.
> This was not a kid, this was a man.
> Utter pillock.

Yes, this individual was. So? I hope you're not trying to extrapolate
from a sample of 1 to make implications about all cyclists.

> Utter cyclist.

Eh?

Paul - xxx[_2_]
December 5th 10, 08:27 PM
Mr Pounder wrote:

> I have just been for a snout at the front door.
> Down the footpath come a cyclist dressed in black and as normal no
> lights. It is dark, it is foggy and the footpaths are icy.
> This was not a kid, this was a man.
> Utter pillock. Utter cyclist.

So a cyclist is a pillock, shock! horror! Who'd a thunk you'd care to
write about it?

--
Paul - xxx

Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]
December 5th 10, 08:28 PM

Doug[_11_]
December 5th 10, 09:33 PM
While freewheeling on Sun, 05 Dec 2010 19:24:01 +0000, Mark Lewis wrote :

> On 05/12/2010 17:54, Mr Pounder wrote:
>> I have just been for a snout at the front door. Down the footpath come
>> a cyclist dressed in black and as normal no lights.
>
> Like it says on the packet: Smoking kills

So do car weapons, but they don't carry a warning on the side.

A bicycle is for life, a car is for death.

UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
One man's democracy is another man's oligarchy,
where rights are replaced by concessions.

Mr Pounder
December 5th 10, 09:46 PM
"FrengaX" > wrote in message
On Dec 5, 5:54 pm, "Mr Pounder" > wrote:
> I have just been for a snout at the front door.
> Down the footpath come a cyclist dressed in black and as normal no lights.
> It is dark, it is foggy and the footpaths are icy.
> This was not a kid, this was a man.
> Utter pillock.

Yes, this individual was. So? I hope you're not trying to extrapolate
from a sample of 1 to make implications about all cyclists.

Most.
My postman rides on the footpath then he jumps on to the road with earphones
stuck into his head.
Thus he is deaf to car horns, people shouting warning to him and me running
up the road holding a letter he shoved through the wrong letter box.

Utter cyclist.

Eh?

Utter cyclist.

Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder
December 5th 10, 09:49 PM
"Paul - xxx" > wrote in message
> Mr Pounder wrote:
>
>> I have just been for a snout at the front door.
>> Down the footpath come a cyclist dressed in black and as normal no
>> lights. It is dark, it is foggy and the footpaths are icy.
>> This was not a kid, this was a man.
>> Utter pillock. Utter cyclist.
>
> So a cyclist is a pillock, shock! horror! Who'd a thunk you'd care to
> write about it?
>
> --
> Paul - xxx

I need somebody to laugh at. Cyclists are a good laugh.

Mr Pounder

Mr Pounder
December 5th 10, 09:52 PM
"Just zis Guy, you know?" > wrote in message

Doug[_8_]
December 5th 10, 10:10 PM
On Dec 5, 9:33*pm, Doug > wrote:
> While freewheeling on Sun, 05 Dec 2010 19:24:01 +0000, Mark Lewis wrote :
>
> > On 05/12/2010 17:54, Mr Pounder wrote:
> >> I have just been for a snout at the front door. Down the footpath come
> >> a cyclist dressed in black and as normal no lights.
>
> > Like it says on the packet: Smoking kills
>
> So do car weapons, but they don't carry a warning on the side.
>
> A bicycle is for life, a car is for death.
>
> UK Radical Campaigns.
> *http://www.zing.icom43.net
> One man's democracy is another man's oligarchy,
> *where rights are replaced by concessions.

I forgot to mention, the way some cyclists ride, the life is not long.

Mr Pounder
December 7th 10, 05:11 PM
"Phil W Lee" > wrote in message
> "Mr Pounder" > considered Sun, 5 Dec
> 2010 21:49:50 -0000 the perfect time to write:

>>> So a cyclist is a pillock, shock! horror! Who'd a thunk you'd care to
>>> write about it?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Paul - xxx
>>
>>I need somebody to laugh at. Cyclists are a good laugh.
>>
>>Mr Pounder
>>>

> Not nearly as good a laugh as the twit shivering outside in freezing
> fog because he can't manage without a ciggie.

I was at the front door, not outside. I was warm.

> If it's that important to you, get a shed :)

I have a very smart brick built garage.
Dead good is my garage. I like my garage.

Mr Pounder

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home