PDA

View Full Version : the common factor here is the cyclist in question

Mrcheerful[_2_]
December 7th 10, 09:55 PM
an article about that cyclist that managed to find his way into being a
barrister, despite his ignorance of real life.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-11935490

Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]
December 7th 10, 10:35 PM

Derek C
December 8th 10, 03:21 PM
On Dec 7, 10:35*pm, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
> wrote:
>
> On 07/12/2010 21:55, Mrcheerful wrote:
>
> > an article about that cyclist that managed to find his way into being a
> > barrister, despite his ignorance of real life.
> >http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-11935490
>
> Indeed, he "managed to find his way" into being a QC with chambers in
> Temple Gardens and a busy practice in the Court of Appeal.
>
> I venture to suggest that is a slightly greater achievement than your
> managing to find your way into being a troll on a newsgroup. The bar is
> set somewhat higher there.

He sounds like an ideal candidate to become a High Court Judge. Stupid
and out of touch with real life!

Tony Raven[_3_]
December 8th 10, 05:16 PM
Derek C wrote:

> He sounds like an ideal candidate to become a High Court Judge.
>
>Stupid and out of touch with real life!

I like the new name you've chosen to sign off with. Most appropriate if
a bit lengthy for everyday use. Suggest you abbreviate it to just the
first word.

Tony ;-)

Just zis Guy, you know?[_33_]
December 8th 10, 09:03 PM

Doug[_3_]
December 10th 10, 08:26 AM
On Dec 7, 9:55*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> an article about that cyclist that managed to find his way into being a
> barrister, despite his ignorance of real life.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-11935490

Yes and drivers have threatened to kill him.

-- .
UK Radical Campaigns.
http://www.zing.icom43.net
A driving licence is a licence to kill.

Mrcheerful[_2_]
December 10th 10, 09:32 AM
"Doug" > wrote in message
On Dec 7, 9:55 pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> an article about that cyclist that managed to find his way into being a
> barrister, despite his ignorance of real
> life.http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-11935490

Yes and drivers have threatened to kill him.

I wonder why? could it be that he is an arsehole, especially while riding
his bike?

Tony Raven[_3_]
December 10th 10, 10:22 AM
Mrcheerful wrote:

> Yes and drivers have threatened to kill him.
>
> I wonder why? could it be that he is an arsehole, especially while riding
> his bike?

I hadn't realised that the UK had made being an arsehole a capital offence.

Tony

Tony Dragon
December 10th 10, 10:29 AM
On 10/12/2010 10:22, Tony Raven wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
> >
>> Yes and drivers have threatened to kill him.
>>
>> I wonder why? could it be that he is an arsehole, especially while
>> riding his bike?
>
> I hadn't realised that the UK had made being an arsehole a capital offence.
>
> Tony

Obviously not, or Doug & Cheerful would be long gone.

--
Tony Dragon

Mrcheerful[_2_]
December 10th 10, 10:33 AM
"Tony Dragon" > wrote in message
> On 10/12/2010 10:22, Tony Raven wrote:
>> Mrcheerful wrote:
>> >
>>> Yes and drivers have threatened to kill him.
>>>
>>> I wonder why? could it be that he is an arsehole, especially while
>>> riding his bike?
>>
>> I hadn't realised that the UK had made being an arsehole a capital
>> offence.
>>
>> Tony
>
> Obviously not, or Doug & Cheerful would be long gone.
>
> --
> Tony Dragon

UK no longer has capital offences.
threats to kill, made in the heat of the moment are disregarded legally in
any case, which is why I thought that barrister was being such a prat.

FrengaX
December 10th 10, 10:50 AM
On Dec 10, 10:22*am, Tony Raven > wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
>
> *>
>
> > Yes and drivers have threatened to kill him.
>
> > I wonder why? *could it be that he is an arsehole, especially while riding
> > his bike?
>
> I hadn't realised that the UK had made being an arsehole a capital offence.

As well as Mrcheerful being unaware of that, so, too, is Doug.
Remember Mr Magdi of Hove who opened his car door into the path of
some cyclists, and was decked by one of them for his trouble? Doug, of
course, was incapable of condemning this act of violence. Yes, he may
have been a bit stupid not to have observed better, but did he deserve
to die for this act? The poor chap died last week, and the charges
against the cyclist who did this have now been changed to
manslaughter: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-11962870.

Tony Raven[_3_]
December 10th 10, 03:19 PM
FrengaX wrote:

> The poor chap died last week, and the charges
> against the cyclist who did this have now been changed to
> manslaughter: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-11962870.

If only they would take the same approach when a motorist thinks they'll
have a bit of fun by scaring or cutting up a cyclist and it goes wrong.

Tony

JNugent[_7_]
December 10th 10, 04:29 PM
On 10/12/2010 10:22, Tony Raven wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
> >
>> Yes and drivers have threatened to kill him.
>>
>> I wonder why? could it be that he is an arsehole, especially while riding
>> his bike?
>
> I hadn't realised that the UK had made being an arsehole a capital offence.

At least you are making progress in recognising facts.

Trevor A Panther[_3_]
December 11th 10, 08:23 AM
"Phil W Lee" > wrote in message
> FrengaX > considered Fri, 10 Dec 2010
> 02:50:50 -0800 (PST) the perfect time to write:

>>> I hadn't realised that the UK had made being an arsehole a capital
>>> offence.
>>
>>As well as Mrcheerful being unaware of that, so, too, is Doug.
>>Remember Mr Magdi of Hove who opened his car door into the path of
>>some cyclists, and was decked by one of them for his trouble? Doug, of
>>course, was incapable of condemning this act of violence. Yes, he may
>>have been a bit stupid not to have observed better, but did he deserve
>>to die for this act? The poor chap died last week, and the charges
>>against the cyclist who did this have now been changed to
>>manslaughter: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-11962870.
>
> Another Tony Martin - victimised and prosecuted for standing up for
> himself.
> But it may save lives and injuries in the long run, as drivers learn
> from the publicity surrounding this case to look before opening their
> doors.
> In much the same way as TOny Martin managed to reduce the burglary
> rate in East Anglia by a considerably greater amount than all the
> official crime prevention strategies over more than a decade.
> He should have got a knighthood, as any Chief Constable achieving the
> same thing would have.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home