PDA

View Full Version : Kimmage calls Floyd a psychopath

Ben Trovato
January 12th 11, 08:07 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kimmage-questions-uci-role-in-us-postal-fda-case

6th graph.

BLafferty[_3_]
January 12th 11, 08:42 PM
On 1/12/2011 3:07 PM, Ben Trovato wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kimmage-questions-uci-role-in-us-postal-fda-case
>
> 6th graph.
Try reading for comprehension.

“I would put my hand in the fire right now and say that Floyd Landis is
without question telling the truth,” Kimmage said. “How do I know that?
Well I spent seven hours with him and that’s a long time and I asked him
a lot of questions and the detail that he gave me about what happened on
that team [US Postal] and about what happened to him in professional
cycling, you cannot make that up.

“You would have to be an absolute psychopath to make up the level of
detail that he was able to give me about what went on in that team.”

--D-y
January 12th 11, 08:54 PM
On Jan 12, 2:07*pm, Ben Trovato > wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kimmage-questions-uci-role-in-us-post...
>
> 6th graph.

Floyd put himself on the "What's he going to say next?" list. And yes,
you can too "make that kind of stuff up". How infantile.

Quoting from that link:

Kimmage also confessed to being uncomfortable with the legend that has
built up around Armstrong’s recovery from cancer in the late 1990s.

“The phrase used often is ‘Lance Armstrong beat cancer.’ Look, the
reality is that Lance Armstrong got lucky, ok? That’s what it is,” he
said. “If you survive cancer you’re bloody lucky. You don’t survive
cancer because you are better than anybody else or because you do
things differently than anybody else, you survive cancer because you
are lucky. Lance Armstrong got lucky and if you want to sell luck to
people, then that’s fine, and if they want to believe in that, then
that’s fine.” (end quote)

I saw Lance on Letterman or Leno say just that: "I got lucky",
including his physical conditioning being an advantage.
From my non-hater viewpoint, Lance and The Foundation are "selling"
hope, by providing services to cancer victims and those close to them.

If an athlete can "buy off" a sanctioning body, I'd think the target
for legal action would be the sanctioning body, first.
--D-y

RicodJour
January 12th 11, 09:02 PM
On Jan 12, 3:42*pm, BLafferty > wrote:
> On 1/12/2011 3:07 PM, Ben Trovato wrote:>http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kimmage-questions-uci-role-in-us-post...
>
> > 6th graph.
>
> Try reading for comprehension.

Try developing a sense of humor.

Anton Berlin
January 12th 11, 11:20 PM
"Hope" like the assholes that advertise that someone survived
pancreatic cancer or that little Jessica is now walking again or other
'lucky' case stories that hospitals use to tell surviorship biased
stories meant to pay for the machine that goes 'bing'.

I'd like to see just one a hospital advertise that of the 2,132 full
paralysis victims brought to their trauma center in the last year that
only 2 are walking instead of selling "hope"

At least it isn't outright lies like the religious ****s that sell
'faith'.

RicodJour
January 13th 11, 12:41 AM
On Jan 12, 6:20*pm, Anton Berlin > wrote:

> "Hope" like the assholes that advertise that someone survived
> pancreatic cancer or that little Jessica is now walking again or other
> 'lucky' case stories that hospitals use to tell surviorship biased
> stories meant to pay for the machine that goes 'bing'.
>
> I'd like to see just one a hospital advertise that of the 2,132 full
> paralysis victims brought to their trauma center in the last year that
> only 2 are walking instead of selling "hope"
>
> At least it isn't outright lies like the religious ****s that sell
> 'faith'.

Congratulations. You have once again lowered your bar. That's
probably your dating technique as well - if she/he doesn't meet your
standards, lower them.

You equate faith with religion, but they are not synonymous by a long
stretch. There are many people with faith that don't believe in God,
gods, afterlife, celibate clergy, fatwahs or any other religious
stuff. Faith is the power people try to tap into, and unfortunately
the only people that seem to be selling faith nowadays are in the
religion business. This explains several things about you.

LANCE, for an example just to **** off Jowls, is and was a man of
faith. He had faith that he could beat anyone in the world on a
bike. He had faith that cancer wasn't going to get him.

As far as your lack of faith in hospitals, just hope that you don't
take that lack of faith into the hospital with you. If you do, save
everyone the effort and walk in front of a bus since that will be
exactly what you will be doing.

The placebo effect is a manifestation of the power of faith. There
was an interesting article recently about people that _knew_ they were
getting the placebo still had better results than people that didn't
get the placebo. "Hi, here's a sugar pill - it will make you
better." And it does. You short change your mind in favor of your
brain, as if your logic is any match for the stuff that is beyond your
(or anyone's) comprehension.

Let me ask you a question, Sparky - you've got a dear friend...oh,
okay...a relative who can still stand you, and you have kind feelings
toward them, in the hospital or facing surgery. Do you tell them to
have faith, that the surgeon that will be doing them up is the
absolute best, or do you say, "****, you're a walking corpse. Only 3%
of people survive the operation. Nice knowing you?"

Unfortunately that scenario confuses the issue by not being able to
separate giving people hope from simply being an asshole. Then again,
I don't really know anyone with faith, that doesn't have the religious
blinders on, that is an asshole, so I guess the scenario will still
provide valid information. So which is it? Do you provide hope and
faith, or do you provide your cynical view of reality? I know the
part you play on RBR, but tell me how it is with you in real life. I
really would like to know.

--D-y
January 13th 11, 12:45 AM
On Jan 12, 5:20*pm, Anton Berlin > wrote:
> "Hope" like the assholes that advertise that someone survived
> pancreatic cancer or that little Jessica is now walking again or other
> 'lucky' case stories that hospitals use to tell surviorship biased
> stories meant to pay for the machine that goes 'bing'.
>
> I'd like to see just one a hospital advertise that of the 2,132 full
> paralysis victims brought to their trauma center in the last year that
> only 2 are walking instead of selling "hope"
>
> At least it isn't outright lies like the religious ****s that sell
> 'faith'.

Well, I share your pessimism and cynicism, too. I've had enough
encounters with doctors to know what supreme assholes many of them
are-- sociopaths. (Look it up in the DSM-- total control of others'
lives, with aquiescence of the victim)
The ahem, people, who run and work in the insurance industry are
worse, of course.

I don't mind "faith". Faith-for-profit by lying phonies (two whores in
the limousine) is another matter.
--D-y

Brad Anders
January 13th 11, 01:23 AM
On Jan 12, 1:07*pm, Ben Trovato > wrote:
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kimmage-questions-uci-role-in-us-post...
>
> 6th graph.

FWIW, Kimmage has likely profited more from doping than from his
cycling career, via his book and subsequent conversion from an
acknowledged doper to a crusading anti-doper. Maybe he's just trying
to encourage Lance to team up with him.

I'd pay a dollar to see that.

Ben Trovato
January 13th 11, 01:54 AM
On Jan 12, 1:02*pm, RicodJour > wrote:
> On Jan 12, 3:42*pm, BLafferty > wrote:
>
> > On 1/12/2011 3:07 PM, Ben Trovato wrote:>http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kimmage-questions-uci-role-in-us-post...
>
> > > 6th graph.
>
> > Try reading for comprehension.
>
> Try developing a sense of humor.

http://tinyurl.com/4fnbpms

Mike Jacoubowsky
January 13th 11, 02:55 AM
"Anton Berlin" > wrote in message
> "Hope" like the assholes that advertise that someone survived
> pancreatic cancer or that little Jessica is now walking again or other
> 'lucky' case stories that hospitals use to tell surviorship biased
> stories meant to pay for the machine that goes 'bing'.
>
> I'd like to see just one a hospital advertise that of the 2,132 full
> paralysis victims brought to their trauma center in the last year that
> only 2 are walking instead of selling "hope"

Anton: the LAF isn't just selling "hope." They're empowering people to take
action, people who otherwise had no clue what to do. I know many, not
several, customers who have or have dealt with cancer and were blown away by
the help they received when they picked up the phone and called the LAF
number. They have people there who explain the various options, know who's
who in your area regarding cancer specialties, and get you motivated to
actually do something.

Do something. Do you have any idea how many receive a diagnosis and become
mentally paralyzed? A surgeon can't (and won't) deal with that. It takes
someone who can help motivate the patient. I dare say, it takes someone who
can give hope. Not sell it. When you call that number, they don't look for
donations.

The LAF, at least at the rank & file level, doesn't reflect your views of
Lance, or mine, or likely most anyone else. It's taken on a life of its own.
The fact that Lance's name is attached to it brings it recognition it
wouldn't otherwise receive, but they are, from all I can tell, doing very
good work.

This isn't about that one in 2,000 miracle. It's about day-to-day survival
and hope for a better tomorrow than today.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

Phil H
January 13th 11, 03:51 AM
On Jan 12, 1:42*pm, BLafferty > wrote:
> On 1/12/2011 3:07 PM, Ben Trovato wrote:>http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kimmage-questions-uci-role-in-us-post...
>
> > 6th graph.
>
> Try reading for comprehension.
>
> I would put my hand in the fire right now and say that Floyd Landis is
> without question telling the truth, Kimmage said. How do I know that?
> Well I spent seven hours with him and that s a long time and I asked him
> a lot of questions and the detail that he gave me about what happened on
> that team [US Postal] and about what happened to him in professional
> cycling, you cannot make that up.
>
> You would have to be an absolute psychopath to make up the level of
> detail that he was able to give me about what went on in that team.

Well, if he had spent 7 hours with him before he fessed up I'm sure he
would have been just as convinced he was telling the truth.
Nice anecdotal touches (the hand in the fire, oh it must be true) but
not worth the paper it wasn't written on.
Phil H

Anton Berlin
January 13th 11, 02:17 PM
On Jan 12, 6:41*pm, RicodJour > wrote:
> [...]
>
> Let me ask you a question, Sparky - you've got a dear friend...oh,
> okay...a relative who can still stand you, and you have kind feelings
> toward them, in the hospital or facing surgery. *Do you tell them to
> have faith, that the surgeon that will be doing them up is the
> absolute best, or do you say, "****, you're a walking corpse. *Only 3%
> of people survive the operation. *Nice knowing you?"
>
> Unfortunately that scenario confuses the issue by not being able to
> separate giving people hope from simply being an asshole. *Then again,
> I don't really know anyone with faith, that doesn't have the religious
> blinders on, that is an asshole, so I guess the scenario will still
> provide valid information. *So which is it? *Do you provide hope and
> faith, or do you provide your cynical view of reality? *I know the
> part you play on RBR, but tell me how it is with you in real life. *I

You're out of your league. Placebo prayer studies?

The result: The group whose members knew they were being prayed for
did worse in terms of post-operative complications than those whose
members were unsure if they were receiving prayer. The knowledge that
they were being prayed for by a special group of intercessors seemed
to have a negative effect on their health.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/may/27.43.html

Being realistic isn't cynical. It means drawing on real resources in
time of crisis or preparing for them.

In the last month I've had two friends (one their wife, one their
child) suffer massive brain stem strokes - the wife is in a
vegetative state the 40 yr old daughter was DOA.

I don't offer foolish hopes and prayers and say stupid unqualified
things like 'she's in heaven with jesus' and 'it's all for the best'.

I spend time listening to my friends trying to help them in the ways
that I can.

Plano Dude
January 13th 11, 02:44 PM
On Jan 13, 8:17*am, Anton Berlin > wrote:
> [...]
>
> The result: The group whose members knew they were being prayed for
> did worse in terms of post-operative complications than those whose
> members were unsure if they were receiving prayer. The knowledge that
> they were being prayed for by a special group of intercessors seemed
> to have a negative effect on their health.
>
> http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/may/27.43.html
>
> Being realistic isn't cynical. *It means drawing on real resources in
> time of crisis or preparing for them.
>
> In the last month I've had two friends (one their wife, one their
> child) suffer massive brain stem strokes - *the wife is in a
> vegetative state the 40 yr old daughter was DOA.
>
> I don't offer foolish hopes and prayers and say stupid unqualified
> things like 'she's in heaven with jesus' and 'it's all for the best'.
>
> I spend time listening to my friends trying to help them in the ways

http://www.thejokeyard.com/love_jokes/bad_luck.html

RicodJour
January 13th 11, 03:02 PM
On Jan 13, 9:17*am, Anton Berlin > wrote:
> [...]
> > toward them, in the hospital or facing surgery. *Do you tell them to
> > have faith, that the surgeon that will be doing them up is the
> > absolute best, or do you say, "****, you're a walking corpse. *Only 3%
> > of people survive the operation. *Nice knowing you?"
>
> > Unfortunately that scenario confuses the issue by not being able to
> > separate giving people hope from simply being an asshole. *Then again,
> > I don't really know anyone with faith, that doesn't have the religious
> > blinders on, that is an asshole, so I guess the scenario will still
> > provide valid information. *So which is it? *Do you provide hope and
> > faith, or do you provide your cynical view of reality? *I know the
> > part you play on RBR, but tell me how it is with you in real life. *I
> > really would like to know.
>

> You're out of your league. *Placebo prayer studies?

Ofttimes I am unsure whether you're just playing the part of being
stupid. I know you're intelligent, but you still act stupid. I
choose words carefully and use them correctly. I did not mention
placebo prayer, I mentioned a sugar pill.

> The result: The group whose members knew they were being prayed for
> did worse in terms of post-operative complications than those whose
> members were unsure if they were receiving prayer. The knowledge that
> they were being prayed for by a special group of intercessors seemed
> to have a negative effect on their health.
>
> http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/may/27.43.html

You do understand how having a scientific study investigating prayer
makes as much sense as you praying to ace your science test.
Obviously God didn't answer your prayers and you have a bone to pick
with Him. BTW, I'm not religious and I'm just capitalizing God to
**** you off.

> Being realistic isn't cynical. *It means drawing on real resources in
> time of crisis or preparing for them.
>
> In the last month I've had two friends (one their wife, one their
> child) suffer massive brain stem strokes - *the wife is in a
> vegetative state the 40 yr old daughter was DOA.

I don't quite follow the lineage, but I'm sorry for your friends.

> I don't offer foolish hopes and prayers and say stupid unqualified
> things like 'she's in heaven with jesus' and 'it's all for the best'.

Those are stupid comments and I find it unlikely that you could
refrain from a stupid comment. Your habits on here must carry over
into what constitutes your real life.

Is self-confidence foolish? Is it wrong to bolster someone's
confidence?

> I spend time listening to my friends trying to help them in the ways
> that I can.

You mean like bolstering their confidence?

Let me ask you one, Abby Normal - would you rather bolster a friend's
confidence and provide some hope, even if it meant you weren't, gasp!,
saying what you really believe, or are you one of those "realists"
that insists on foisting their cynical world view on others?

A. Dumas[_2_]
January 13th 11, 03:30 PM
RicodJour wrote:
> I'm sorry for your friends.

Never wrong to post that to rbr.

RicodJour
January 13th 11, 04:33 PM
On Jan 13, 10:30*am, "A. Dumas" > wrote:
> RicodJour wrote:
> > I'm sorry for your friends.
>
> Never wrong to post that to rbr.

Budda bing!

--D-y
January 13th 11, 05:37 PM
> [...]
>
> The result: The group whose members knew they were being prayed for
> did worse in terms of post-operative complications than those whose
> members were unsure if they were receiving prayer. The knowledge that
> they were being prayed for by a special group of intercessors seemed
> to have a negative effect on their health.
>
> http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2009/may/27.43.html
>
> Being realistic isn't cynical. *It means drawing on real resources in
> time of crisis or preparing for them.
>
> In the last month I've had two friends (one their wife, one their
> child) suffer massive brain stem strokes - *the wife is in a
> vegetative state the 40 yr old daughter was DOA.
>
> I don't offer foolish hopes and prayers and say stupid unqualified
> things like 'she's in heaven with jesus' and 'it's all for the best'.
>
> I spend time listening to my friends trying to help them in the ways

At the risk of sounding like a real asshole:

This is what, according to what I understand, is the function of the
LAF; access of services, dealing with tough situations in the best way
possible.
Anything I've ever read IRT Lance and cancer is centered around
getting the best team together and fighting for survival. Lance has
said this was his "life change" and it carried on into his racing
life.

I don't know about "in heaven with Jesus" but if you see accounts of
near-death experiences in the media, there are similarities shared in
these reports.
I don't count on anything but I am hoping for the best <g>. My
personal feeling is, there's something out there but we are not
necessarily given to know exactly what it is. Which fosters some
amount (limited) of respect for however others might interpret the
"something that is out there".
--D-y

Frederick the Great
January 13th 11, 07:40 PM
In article
Ben Trovato > wrote:

> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kimmage-questions-uci-role-in-us-postal-fda-case
>
> 6th graph.

How to take a quotation out of context.
People, we are in the presence of genus.

--
Old Fritz

Beloved Fred No. 1
January 13th 11, 07:41 PM

A. Dumas wrote:
> Never wrong to post that to rbr.

Are we supposed to have friends ?

Frederick the Great
January 13th 11, 07:47 PM
In article >,
BLafferty > wrote:

> On 1/12/2011 3:07 PM, Ben Trovato wrote:
> > http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kimmage-questions-uci-role-in-us-postal-fda-case
> >
> > 6th graph.
> Try reading for comprehension.
>
> “I would put my hand in the fire right now and say that Floyd Landis is
> without question telling the truth,” Kimmage said. “How do I know that?
> Well I spent seven hours with him and that’s a long time and I asked him
> a lot of questions and the detail that he gave me about what happened on
> that team [US Postal] and about what happened to him in professional
> cycling, you cannot make that up.
>
> “You would have to be an absolute psychopath to make up the level of
> detail that he was able to give me about what went on in that team.”

You can spit out the hook now, Charlie.

--
Old Fritz

Nagurski
January 14th 11, 02:54 AM
On Jan 13, 11:47*am, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> In article >,

> You can spit out the hook now, Charlie.
>
> --
> Old Fritz

Is that the same hook you just fished out of your large intestine?

>How to take a quotation out of context.
>People, we are in the presence of genus.
>--
>Old Fritz

Nagurski
January 14th 11, 02:56 AM
On Jan 12, 5:54*pm, Ben Trovato > wrote:
> On Jan 12, 1:02*pm, RicodJour > wrote:
>
> > On Jan 12, 3:42*pm, BLafferty > wrote:
>
> > > On 1/12/2011 3:07 PM, Ben Trovato wrote:>http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kimmage-questions-uci-role-in-us-post...

> > > Try reading for comprehension.
>
> > Try developing a sense of humor.

> http://tinyurl.com/4fnbpms

+1

Nagurski
January 14th 11, 02:57 AM
On Jan 12, 12:42*pm, BLafferty > wrote:
> On 1/12/2011 3:07 PM, Ben Trovato wrote:>http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kimmage-questions-uci-role-in-us-post...
>
> > 6th graph.
>
> Try reading for comprehension.

Apparently having the last name "Lafferty" is meaningless. Unless of
course they're not laughing with you.

Frederick the Great
January 14th 11, 04:25 PM
In article
Nagurski > wrote:

> On Jan 13, 11:47Â*am, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> > In article >,
>
> > You can spit out the hook now, Charlie.
>
> Is that the same hook you just fished out of your large intestine?
>
> >How to take a quotation out of context.
> >People, we are in the presence of genus.
> >--
> >Old Fritz

I was and am entirely sincere in that message.

--
Old Fritz

Amit Ghosh
January 14th 11, 04:55 PM
On Jan 13, 2:40*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> In article

> How to take a quotation out of context.
> People, we are in the presence of genus.

phylum with the others.

Beloved Fred No. 1
January 14th 11, 07:43 PM

Amit Ghosh wrote:
> phylum with the others.

Phylum or phallus, its all double latin to me.

Anton Berlin
January 14th 11, 08:58 PM
On Jan 13, 9:02*am, RicodJour > wrote:
> [...]
>
> > I don't offer foolish hopes and prayers and say stupid unqualified
> > things like 'she's in heaven with jesus' and 'it's all for the best'.
>
> Those are stupid comments and I find it unlikely that you could
> refrain from a stupid comment. *Your habits on here must carry over
> into what constitutes your real life.
>
> Is self-confidence foolish? *Is it wrong to bolster someone's
> confidence?
>
> > I spend time listening to my friends trying to help them in the ways
> > that I can.
>
> You mean like bolstering their confidence?
>
> Let me ask you one, Abby Normal - would you rather bolster a friend's
> confidence and provide some hope, even if it meant you weren't, gasp!,
> saying what you really believe, or are you one of those "realists"
> that insists on foisting their cynical world view on others?

Dumbass - we've already clearly established that LAF and Livestrong
are one of the LEAST efficient ways to deliver 'cancer encouragement'
to someone afflicted. As well the other orgs are the equals of having
split every TdF win in history while LAF races in the citizens race
wearing a baseball helmet.

My behavior here is quite different that everyday life. This is a
playground for me to vent. However I am known to be liberal and an
agnostic non-theist to all that know me and I find prayer amusing and
religion appalling.

Sugar pill for this subject is 'placebo prayer'

I encourage friends when its warranted while at the same time I am
sometimes appreciated for directness.

I know a very good example of a "yes men" - everything is
"outstanding" and anything is possible and everyone is liked and wants
to be liked by everyone - and not a god damn person has any respect
for him or trusts him in the least. I've seen his own wife call him
a liar and a brown nose.

Are you a yes man? (and not the geniuses that I donate to for the
last 8 years)

Phil H
January 14th 11, 09:27 PM
On Jan 13, 8:02*am, RicodJour > wrote:
> [...]
>
> > I don't offer foolish hopes and prayers and say stupid unqualified
> > things like 'she's in heaven with jesus' and 'it's all for the best'.
>
> Those are stupid comments and I find it unlikely that you could
> refrain from a stupid comment. *Your habits on here must carry over
> into what constitutes your real life.
>
> Is self-confidence foolish? *Is it wrong to bolster someone's
> confidence?
>
> > I spend time listening to my friends trying to help them in the ways
> > that I can.
>
> You mean like bolstering their confidence?
>
> Let me ask you one, Abby Normal - would you rather bolster a friend's
> confidence and provide some hope, even if it meant you weren't, gasp!,
> saying what you really believe, or are you one of those "realists"
> that insists on foisting their cynical world view on others?

Abby Normal ...that'a a Marty Feldman line from a Frankenstein
movie...yes?
Phil H

Phil H
January 14th 11, 09:29 PM
On Jan 14, 1:58*pm, Anton Berlin > wrote:
> [...]
> split every TdF win in history while LAF races in the citizens race
> wearing a baseball helmet.
>
> My behavior here is quite different that everyday life. * *This is a
> playground for me to vent. *However I am known to be liberal and an
> agnostic non-theist to all that know me and I find prayer amusing and
> religion appalling.
>
> Sugar pill for this subject is 'placebo prayer'
>
> I encourage friends when its warranted while at the same time I am
> sometimes appreciated for directness.
>
> I know a very good example of a "yes men" *- everything is
> "outstanding" and anything is possible and everyone is liked and wants
> to be liked by everyone - and not a god damn person has any respect
> for him or trusts him in the least. * *I've seen his own wife call him
> a liar and a brown nose.
>
> Are you a yes man? *(and not the geniuses that I donate to for the

Hmmm, have you looked at the cancer survival rate trend over the last
20 years?
Phil H

RicodJour
January 14th 11, 10:15 PM
On Jan 14, 4:27*pm, Phil H > wrote:
> On Jan 13, 8:02*am, RicodJour > wrote:
>
> > Let me ask you one, Abby Normal - would you rather bolster a friend's
> > confidence and provide some hope, even if it meant you weren't, gasp!,
> > saying what you really believe, or are you one of those "realists"
> > that insists on foisting their cynical world view on others?
>
> Abby Normal ...that'a a Marty Feldman line from a Frankenstein
> movie...yes?

Werewolf...?
There, wolf!

RicodJour
January 14th 11, 10:42 PM
On Jan 14, 4:29*pm, Phil H > wrote:
> On Jan 14, 1:58*pm, Anton Berlin > wrote:
>
> > Dumbass - we've already clearly established that LAF and Livestrong
> > are one of the LEAST efficient ways to deliver 'cancer encouragement'
> > to someone afflicted. *As well the other orgs are the equals of having
> > split every TdF win in history while LAF races in the citizens race
> > wearing a baseball helmet.
>
> Hmmm, have you looked at the cancer survival rate trend over the last
> 20 years?

I wonder if there's ever been a study where a doctor told healthy
people they had three weeks to live, and then see how many of them die
in three weeks. It'd probably be hard to get funding for that one,
but I'm sure the results would be astounding.

I've witnessed more than a few people who just kept plugging along
regardless of their laundry list of serious medical ailments, well
into old age, and then when they lost faith, the will to go on,
whatever you want to call it, they just flicked the switch and were
gone in a matter of weeks.

Michael Press
January 15th 11, 07:42 PM
In article
RicodJour > wrote:

> On Jan 14, 4:27Â*pm, Phil H > wrote:
> > On Jan 13, 8:02Â*am, RicodJour > wrote:
> >
> > > Let me ask you one, Abby Normal - would you rather bolster a friend's
> > > confidence and provide some hope, even if it meant you weren't, gasp!,
> > > saying what you really believe, or are you one of those "realists"
> > > that insists on foisting their cynical world view on others?
> >
> > Abby Normal ...that'a a Marty Feldman line from a Frankenstein
> > movie...yes?
>
> Werewolf...?
> There, wolf!

What 'ump?

--
Michael Press

RicodJour
January 15th 11, 09:54 PM
On Jan 15, 2:42*pm, Michael Press > wrote:
> *RicodJour > wrote:

> > > Abby Normal ...that'a a Marty Feldman line from a Frankenstein
> > > movie...yes?

Third most quotable movie of all time.

> > Werewolf...?
> > There, wolf!