PDA

View Full Version : First details of tomorrow's SI article

A. Dumas[_2_]
January 18th 11, 10:10 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/
- HemAssist access
- Private plane customs check
- Ferrari links at Popovych raid
- Catlin cover-up of testosterone/epitest. ratio
- Swart story

Also,
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7142/Lance-Armstrongs-legal-team-sought-ammunition-against-Novitzky-from-Victor-Conte.aspx

BLafferty[_3_]
January 18th 11, 10:39 PM
On 1/18/2011 5:10 PM, A. Dumas wrote:
> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/
> - HemAssist access
> - Private plane customs check
> - Ferrari links at Popovych raid
> - Catlin cover-up of testosterone/epitest. ratio
> - Swart story
>
> Also,
> http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7142/Lance-Armstrongs-legal-team-sought-ammunition-against-Novitzky-from-Victor-Conte.aspx

"I rode with the strength of two men today," he proclaimed.

Read more:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/index.html#ixzz1BQgIsOfP

BLafferty[_3_]
January 18th 11, 10:42 PM
On 1/18/2011 5:10 PM, A. Dumas wrote:
> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/
> - HemAssist access
> - Private plane customs check
> - Ferrari links at Popovych raid
> - Catlin cover-up of testosterone/epitest. ratio
> - Swart story
>
> Also,
> http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7142/Lance-Armstrongs-legal-team-sought-ammunition-against-Novitzky-from-Victor-Conte.aspx

The sign that Armstrong is getting desperate is that his attorneys have
stooped to contacting Victor Conte and Conte's counsel to get dirt on
Novitsky. But, even Conte thinks it more than likely that Armstrong
doped.

Poor Lance. Stick a fork in him and turn him over. He's done, not that
the rbr ****Wits will understand any of it. LOL!!!!.

raamman
January 18th 11, 11:27 PM
On Jan 18, 5:39*pm, BLafferty > wrote:
> On 1/18/2011 5:10 PM, A. Dumas wrote:>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/
> > - HemAssist access
> > - Private plane customs check
> > - Ferrari links at Popovych raid
> > - Catlin cover-up of testosterone/epitest. ratio
> > - Swart story
>
> > Also,
> >http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7142/Lance-Armstrongs-legal-team-so...
>
> "I rode with the strength of two men today," he proclaimed.
>
> Read more:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/inde...

he was with motorola then, so isn't that beyond the bounds of the
investigation ?

Brad Anders
January 19th 11, 12:30 AM
On Jan 18, 3:10*pm, "A. Dumas" > wrote:
> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/
> - HemAssist access
> - Private plane customs check
> - Ferrari links at Popovych raid
> - Catlin cover-up of testosterone/epitest. ratio
> - Swart story
>
> Also,http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7142/Lance-Armstrongs-legal-team-so...

I don't doubt that all of it is true. That said, I still didn't see
anything that I think LA and his legal team won't be able to squash,
counter with contradictory testimony, or simply deny. Oh, and great
job by the Feds of playing their cards close to their chest, bravo.

It should also be interesting to see what SI says when Contador is
cleared by the Spaniards in the next few weeks.

Brad Anders

BLafferty[_3_]
January 19th 11, 12:52 AM
On 1/18/2011 6:27 PM, raamman wrote:
> On Jan 18, 5:39 pm, > wrote:
>> On 1/18/2011 5:10 PM, A. Dumas wrote:>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/
>>> - HemAssist access
>>> - Private plane customs check
>>> - Ferrari links at Popovych raid
>>> - Catlin cover-up of testosterone/epitest. ratio
>>> - Swart story
>>
>>> Also,
>>> http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7142/Lance-Armstrongs-legal-team-so...
>>
>> "I rode with the strength of two men today," he proclaimed.
>>
>> Read more:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/inde...
>
> he was with motorola then, so isn't that beyond the bounds of the
> investigation ?
It shows a pattern of lying that will not help Uniballer credibility at
a trial under cross examination.

Mike Jacoubowsky
January 19th 11, 01:48 AM
"A. Dumas" > wrote in message
> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/
> - HemAssist access
> - Private plane customs check
> - Ferrari links at Popovych raid
> - Catlin cover-up of testosterone/epitest. ratio
> - Swart story
>
> Also,
> http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7142/Lance-Armstrongs-legal-team-sought-ammunition-against-Novitzky-from-Victor-Conte.aspx

Sure took a long time to get to the good stuff!

It will be interesting to read the article and find out how much they have
to back up the various stories. For example, the customs check. Did they run
down the customs agents, or is it going to stand on Floyd's comments? If the
latter, that kinda sinks most of the article for me.

The most-damning stuff comes from the allegations regarding the USOC looking
the other way. Yet even that is suspect. They have "someone" who "knows"
that the secret code from a sample was Lance's. Maybe he does, maybe he
doesn't. Enough to slander but not convict. A recurring theme.

And Stephen Swart's accusations about Lance pushing the Motorola team to EPO
use. Just Mr. Swart or did they find others to corroborate?

There is a HUGE difference between getting three people to corroborate one
accusation vs three accusations claimed by one person each. But right now
we're just seeing a summary. Perhaps SI really has the goods? Turn the page!

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReaction.com
Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA

BLafferty[_3_]
January 19th 11, 02:17 AM
On 1/18/2011 8:48 PM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> "A. Dumas" > wrote in message
>> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/
>> - HemAssist access
>> - Private plane customs check
>> - Ferrari links at Popovych raid
>> - Catlin cover-up of testosterone/epitest. ratio
>> - Swart story
>>
>> Also,
>> http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7142/Lance-Armstrongs-legal-team-sought-ammunition-against-Novitzky-from-Victor-Conte.aspx
>>

> Sure took a long time to get to the good stuff!
>
> It will be interesting to read the article and find out how much they
> have to back up the various stories. For example, the customs check. Did
> they run down the customs agents, or is it going to stand on Floyd's
> comments? If the latter, that kinda sinks most of the article for me.
>
> The most-damning stuff comes from the allegations regarding the USOC
> looking the other way. Yet even that is suspect. They have "someone" who
> "knows" that the secret code from a sample was Lance's. Maybe he does,
> maybe he doesn't. Enough to slander but not convict. A recurring theme.
>
> And Stephen Swart's accusations about Lance pushing the Motorola team to
> EPO use. Just Mr. Swart or did they find others to corroborate?
>
> There is a HUGE difference between getting three people to corroborate
> one accusation vs three accusations claimed by one person each. But
> right now we're just seeing a summary. Perhaps SI really has the goods?
> Turn the page!
>
> --Mike Jacoubowsky
> Chain Reaction Bicycles
> www.ChainReaction.com
> Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA
There is discussion over on the CyclingNews forum that the article has
had some of the most damaging information pulled, supposedly because of
threats from Armstrong's counsel. I tend to doubt that as a reason.
More likely is that they have been asked not to print some things
because it might compromise part of the ongoing investigation.

Brad Anders
January 19th 11, 02:32 AM
On Jan 18, 7:17*pm, BLafferty > wrote:

> There is discussion over on the CyclingNews forum that the article has
> had some of the most damaging information pulled, supposedly because of
> threats from Armstrong's counsel. *I tend to doubt that as a reason.
> More likely is that they have been asked not to print some things
> because it might compromise part of the ongoing investigation

.... as opposed to the many other details they leaked/released, which,
by your logic, won't compromise part of the ongoing investigation.
Makes sense to me.

Fred Fredburger[_12_]
January 19th 11, 02:44 AM
On 1/18/2011 4:30 PM, Brad Anders wrote:

> It should also be interesting to see what SI says when Contador is
> cleared by the Spaniards in the next few weeks.

A. It'll say nothing, no one in the US cares about Contador?
B. This is a delicate business. What if Contador is cleared by Spanish
authorities, yet sanctioned by the UCI? Nobody wants to see that happen.

dave a
January 19th 11, 02:45 AM
On 1/18/2011 6:17 PM, BLafferty wrote:
> On 1/18/2011 8:48 PM, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
>> "A. Dumas" > wrote in message
>>> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/
>>> - HemAssist access
>>> - Private plane customs check
>>> - Ferrari links at Popovych raid
>>> - Catlin cover-up of testosterone/epitest. ratio
>>> - Swart story
>>>
>>> Also,
>>> http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7142/Lance-Armstrongs-legal-team-sought-ammunition-against-Novitzky-from-Victor-Conte.aspx
>>>

>> Sure took a long time to get to the good stuff!
>>
>> It will be interesting to read the article and find out how much they
>> have to back up the various stories. For example, the customs check. Did
>> they run down the customs agents, or is it going to stand on Floyd's
>> comments? If the latter, that kinda sinks most of the article for me.
>>
>> The most-damning stuff comes from the allegations regarding the USOC
>> looking the other way. Yet even that is suspect. They have "someone" who
>> "knows" that the secret code from a sample was Lance's. Maybe he does,
>> maybe he doesn't. Enough to slander but not convict. A recurring theme.
>>
>> And Stephen Swart's accusations about Lance pushing the Motorola team to
>> EPO use. Just Mr. Swart or did they find others to corroborate?
>>
>> There is a HUGE difference between getting three people to corroborate
>> one accusation vs three accusations claimed by one person each. But
>> right now we're just seeing a summary. Perhaps SI really has the goods?
>> Turn the page!
>>
>> --Mike Jacoubowsky
>> Chain Reaction Bicycles
>> www.ChainReaction.com
>> Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA
> There is discussion over on the CyclingNews forum that the article has
> had some of the most damaging information pulled, supposedly because of
> threats from Armstrong's counsel. I tend to doubt that as a reason. More
> likely is that they have been asked not to print some things because it
> might compromise part of the ongoing investigation.

What utter bull****! They most likely pulled it (if that really did
happen) because they had no evidence to support any of the claims.
Print media news is all about scoops and SI isn't going to do anyone any
favors, including the feds, if they have the goods.

- dave a

Mike Jacoubowsky
January 19th 11, 03:29 AM
>> There is discussion over on the CyclingNews forum that the article has
>> had some of the most damaging information pulled, supposedly because of
>> threats from Armstrong's counsel. I tend to doubt that as a reason. More
>> likely is that they have been asked not to print some things because it
>> might compromise part of the ongoing investigation.
>
> What utter bull****! They most likely pulled it (if that really did
> happen) because they had no evidence to support any of the claims. Print
> media news is all about scoops and SI isn't going to do anyone any favors,
> including the feds, if they have the goods.
>
> - dave a

I wouldn't be so sure of the sanctity of print media. If you're SI, you're
going to treat the Feds just like any other source for which you're going to
have a continuing relationship. Preserve that relationship, if at all
possible. With the Lance camp, that doesn't really factor in; the
publication that can claim bragging rights to bringing down his house wins
such a huge prize that relationship maintenance is irrelevant. Lawsuits,
however, are not.

Maybe there's more, or maybe this is everything they've got so far. We'll at
least know a little more tomorrow.

"dave a" > wrote in message
> On 1/18/2011 6:17 PM, BLafferty wrote:

>>> Sure took a long time to get to the good stuff!
>>>
>>> It will be interesting to read the article and find out how much they
>>> have to back up the various stories. For example, the customs check. Did
>>> they run down the customs agents, or is it going to stand on Floyd's
>>> comments? If the latter, that kinda sinks most of the article for me.
>>>
>>> The most-damning stuff comes from the allegations regarding the USOC
>>> looking the other way. Yet even that is suspect. They have "someone" who
>>> "knows" that the secret code from a sample was Lance's. Maybe he does,
>>> maybe he doesn't. Enough to slander but not convict. A recurring theme.
>>>
>>> And Stephen Swart's accusations about Lance pushing the Motorola team to
>>> EPO use. Just Mr. Swart or did they find others to corroborate?
>>>
>>> There is a HUGE difference between getting three people to corroborate
>>> one accusation vs three accusations claimed by one person each. But
>>> right now we're just seeing a summary. Perhaps SI really has the goods?
>>> Turn the page!
>>>
>>> --Mike Jacoubowsky
>>> Chain Reaction Bicycles
>>> www.ChainReaction.com
>>> Redwood City & Los Altos, CA USA
>> There is discussion over on the CyclingNews forum that the article has
>> had some of the most damaging information pulled, supposedly because of
>> threats from Armstrong's counsel. I tend to doubt that as a reason. More
>> likely is that they have been asked not to print some things because it
>> might compromise part of the ongoing investigation.
>
> What utter bull****! They most likely pulled it (if that really did
> happen) because they had no evidence to support any of the claims. Print
> media news is all about scoops and SI isn't going to do anyone any favors,
> including the feds, if they have the goods.
>
> - dave a

Michael Press
January 19th 11, 08:17 PM
In article
raamman > wrote:

> On Jan 18, 5:39Â*pm, BLafferty > wrote:
> > On 1/18/2011 5:10 PM, A. Dumas wrote:>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/
> > > - HemAssist access
> > > - Private plane customs check
> > > - Ferrari links at Popovych raid
> > > - Catlin cover-up of testosterone/epitest. ratio
> > > - Swart story
> >
> > > Also,
> > >http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7142/Lance-Armstrongs-legal-team-so...
> >
> > "I rode with the strength of two men today," he proclaimed.
> >
> > Read more:http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/inde...
>
> he was with motorola then, so isn't that beyond the bounds of the
> investigation ?

Huh uh. He said investigation.

--
Michael Press

Brad Anders
January 21st 11, 02:21 PM
On Jan 18, 3:10*pm, "A. Dumas" > wrote:
> http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/
> - HemAssist access
> - Private plane customs check
> - Ferrari links at Popovych raid
> - Catlin cover-up of testosterone/epitest. ratio
> - Swart story
>
> Also,http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7142/Lance-Armstrongs-legal-team-so...

Now that a few days have past, here's my take:

- HemAssist access: unlikely, and looking more bogus every day. All
depends on the Feds actually producing this "friend of Lance's" at
Baxter. Hard to believe he'd be mixing it with the EPO we already know
he was taking at that time. Also seems to be very little evidence that
HemAssist works in the way that some believe.
- Private plane customs check: possibly true, possibly completely
bogus knowing it came from Floyd. Regardless, it will be a cold day in
hell when those customs agents testify in court and lose their jobs
over it.
- Ferrari links at Popovych raid: Popo seems nonplussed, says the 15
pills found are prescription, and denies anything found was
incriminating. Doesn't look that promising.
- Catlin cover-up: Looks bad at first, but we haven't heard Catlin's
side. Hard for me to believe that Lance bought him off, especially
considering Catlin's history and involvement in uncovering the BALCO
scheme. Who knows how this will play out?
- Swart story: he said, she said. Dismissable. Add it to the list,
along with Betty Andreu's story, etc.

While I personally believe LA was doping throughout his TdF victories,
there doesn't seem to be anything in the SI report that his legal team
won't be able to explain, discredit, or contradict. If the Feds are
going to bring a case against him in court, they'll need a lot more
than this.

Phil H
January 21st 11, 07:54 PM
On Jan 21, 7:21*am, Brad Anders > wrote:
> On Jan 18, 3:10*pm, "A. Dumas" > wrote:
>
> >http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/more/01/18/lance.armstrong/
> > - HemAssist access
> > - Private plane customs check
> > - Ferrari links at Popovych raid
> > - Catlin cover-up of testosterone/epitest. ratio
> > - Swart story
>
> > Also,http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/7142/Lance-Armstrongs-legal-team-so...
>
> Now that a few days have past, here's my take:
>
> - HemAssist access: unlikely, and looking more bogus every day. All
> depends on the Feds actually producing this "friend of Lance's" at
> Baxter. Hard to believe he'd be mixing it with the EPO we already know
> he was taking at that time. Also seems to be very little evidence that
> HemAssist works in the way that some believe.
> - Private plane customs check: possibly true, possibly completely
> bogus knowing it came from Floyd. Regardless, it will be a cold day in
> hell when those customs agents testify in court and lose their jobs
> over it.
> - Ferrari links at Popovych raid: Popo seems nonplussed, says the 15
> pills found are prescription, and denies anything found was
> incriminating. Doesn't look that promising.
> - Catlin cover-up: Looks bad at first, but we haven't heard Catlin's
> side. Hard for me to believe that Lance bought him off, especially
> considering Catlin's history and involvement in uncovering the BALCO
> scheme. Who knows how this will play out?
> - Swart story: he said, she said. Dismissable. Add it to the list,
> along with Betty Andreu's story, etc.
>
> While I personally believe LA was doping throughout his TdF victories,
> there doesn't seem to be anything in the SI report that his legal team
> won't be able to explain, discredit, or contradict. If the Feds are
> going to bring a case against him in court, they'll need a lot more
> than this.

The voice of reason speaks....and I agree. Meanwhile back at the
ranch, Lafferty disguised as a door gets his knob shot off :)
Phil H

H. Fred Kveck
January 22nd 11, 01:56 AM
In article >,
Phil H > wrote:

> Meanwhile back at the ranch, Lafferty disguised as a door gets his knob shot off :)

Metaphorically speaking, of course.

January 22nd 11, 04:42 AM
On Jan 21, 2:54*pm, Phil H > wrote:
> Meanwhile back at the
> ranch, Lafferty disguised as a door gets his knob shot off :)

I'm guessing the SI article is like BLaff's personal Hustler.

or more like ... BLaff is the chimp, and the SI article is his frog:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVE60zwXx1k&feature=related

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home