PDA

View Full Version : Who really won the Tour 1999-2005 ?

Anton Berlin
January 19th 11, 05:55 AM
We've all seen this but only in 1998 do we have a clean rider on the
podium for the years Armstrong doped his way to first place.

You have to go pretty deep to find a clean rider.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4111/5040547056_3dacf5edfd_b.jpg

1999 winner of the Tour de France is now Fernando Escartin.

2000 winner is ( you have to go to 8th place to find a non-doper ) is
also Fernado Escartin !

2001 winner is Andrei Kivilev

2002 won by José Azevedo

2003 won by Haimar Zubeldia

2004 won by José Azevedo

2005 won by (former 8th place) Cadel Evans

My methodology was to wiki the tour then wiki the gc until I found no
(historically) doping allegations/implications or positive tests/
suspensions listed. Might be the same as Shermers standard.

Let the dumbass debates begin

Anton Berlin
January 19th 11, 05:59 AM
Should have read 1999 - apologies

> We've all seen this but only in 1999 do we have a clean rider on the
> podium for the years Armstrong doped his way to first place.
>
> You have to go pretty deep to find a clean rider.
>
> http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4111/5040547056_3dacf5edfd_b.jpg
>
> 1999 winner of the Tour de France is now Fernando Escartin.
>
> 2000 winner is ( you have to go to 8th place to find a non-doper ) is
> also Fernado Escartin !
>
> 2001 winner is Andrei Kivilev
>
> 2002 won by José Azevedo
>
> 2003 won by Haimar Zubeldia
>
> 2004 won by *José Azevedo
>
> 2005 won by (former 8th place) Cadel Evans
>
> My methodology was to wiki the tour then wiki the gc until I found no
> (historically) doping allegations/implications or positive tests/
> suspensions listed. *Might be the same as Shermers standard.
>
> Let the dumbass debates begin

Fred Fredburger[_12_]
January 19th 11, 07:26 AM
On 1/18/2011 9:55 PM, Anton Berlin wrote:

> My methodology was to wiki the tour then wiki the gc until I found no
> (historically) doping allegations/implications or positive tests/
> suspensions listed. Might be the same as Shermers standard.

You're an idiot.

Brad Anders
January 19th 11, 02:06 PM
On Jan 19, 12:26*am, Fred Fredburger
> wrote:
> On 1/18/2011 9:55 PM, Anton Berlin wrote:
>
> > My methodology was to wiki the tour then wiki the gc until I found no
> > (historically) doping allegations/implications or positive tests/
> > suspensions listed. *Might be the same as Shermers standard.
>
> You're an idiot.

Hard to argue with that one. IMO, the winner of the TdF in those years
is the guy with the lowest time on GC. Since anyone who had a chance
of winning was doping, seems fair to me. As for trying to cherry-pick
the "first non-doper", it's a futile exercise. Nobody knows and nobody
ever will.

Anton Berlin
January 19th 11, 02:28 PM
On Jan 19, 8:06*am, Brad Anders > wrote:
> On Jan 19, 12:26*am, Fred Fredburger
>
> > wrote:
> > On 1/18/2011 9:55 PM, Anton Berlin wrote:
>
> > > My methodology was to wiki the tour then wiki the gc until I found no
> > > (historically) doping allegations/implications or positive tests/
> > > suspensions listed. *Might be the same as Shermers standard.
>
> > You're an idiot.
>
> Hard to argue with that one. IMO, the winner of the TdF in those years
> is the guy with the lowest time on GC. Since anyone who had a chance
> of winning was doping, seems fair to me. As for trying to cherry-pick
> the "first non-doper", it's a futile exercise. Nobody knows and nobody
> ever will.

I think the guys that didn't dope know And yes it's futile but the
fact that some years you're going back to 5th and even 8th place to
find someone 'clean' (unimplicated) just makes this whole sport
laughable. (Including this board) I've only wasted some time over
the last two years here. Some guys have spent 2 decades on RBR and
look what happened to Kunich. He went completely nuts.

RicodJour
January 19th 11, 03:45 PM
On Jan 19, 9:28*am, Anton Berlin > wrote:

> I think the guys that didn't dope know And yes it's futile but the
> fact that some years you're going back to 5th and even 8th place to
> find someone 'clean' (unimplicated) just makes this whole sport
> laughable. *(Including this board) *I've only wasted some time over
> the last two years here. *Some guys have spent 2 decades on RBR and
> look what happened to Kunich. *He went completely nuts.

And...you think you've put in more miles on the bike than Kunich in
that time? Please. Besides bragging about your drug-stealing psycho
ex-girlfriends, and conveniently omitting your clearly evident rampant
drug abuse, you've done little but manage to become RBRs resident poor-
man's Magilla. That certainly fleshes out your resume. The big mouth
works when you're funny - not otherwise.

Do try to keep us entertained. Thanks.

Anton Berlin
January 19th 11, 04:08 PM
Ricod - the Kunich in you is starting to show.

I'll send you some ForkSTRONG bracelets before you lose it
completely

Frederick the Great
January 19th 11, 08:35 PM
In article
Anton Berlin > wrote:

> My methodology was to wiki the tour then wiki the gc until I found no
> (historically) doping allegations/implications or positive tests/
> suspensions listed. Might be the same as Shermers standard.
>
> Let the dumbass debates begin

The point is that you devote time
to researching and compiling this stuff.
It's your life. And when LANCE
is busted, in disgrace, who will
credit Anton Berlin for his role?
Nobody. Think about it. Nobody will
credit you, and nobody here will
pay attention when you say "I told you so."
You are all alone in this.

--
Old Fritz

Anton Berlin
January 19th 11, 08:36 PM
On Jan 19, 2:35*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Anton Berlin > wrote:
>
> > My methodology was to wiki the tour then wiki the gc until I found no
> > (historically) doping allegations/implications or positive tests/
> > suspensions listed. *Might be the same as Shermers standard.
>
> > Let the dumbass debates begin
>
> The point is that you devote time
> to researching and compiling this stuff.
> It's your life. And when LANCE
> is busted, in disgrace, who will
> credit Anton Berlin for his role?
> Nobody. Think about it. Nobody will
> credit you, and nobody here will
> pay attention when you say "I told you so."
> You are all alone in this.
>
> --
> Old Fritz

Bull**** - I've got Lafferty and Magilla and Magilla's dozen other
alternate IDs on my side.

RicodJour
January 19th 11, 09:11 PM
On Jan 19, 3:36*pm, Anton Berlin > wrote:
> On Jan 19, 2:35*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
>
> > The point is that you devote time
> > to researching and compiling this stuff.
> > It's your life. And when LANCE
> > is busted, in disgrace, who will
> > credit Anton Berlin for his role?
> > Nobody. Think about it. Nobody will
> > credit you, and nobody here will
> > pay attention when you say "I told you so."
> > You are all alone in this.
>

> Bull**** - I've got Lafferty and Magilla and Magilla's dozen other
> alternate IDs *on my side.

A circle jerk extraordinaire, if there ever was one.

Choppy Warburton
January 19th 11, 09:39 PM
On Jan 19, 3:11*pm, RicodJour > wrote:
> On Jan 19, 3:36*pm, Anton Berlin > wrote:
>
> > On Jan 19, 2:35*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
>
> > > The point is that you devote time
> > > to researching and compiling this stuff.
> > > It's your life. And when LANCE
> > > is busted, in disgrace, who will
> > > credit Anton Berlin for his role?
> > > Nobody. Think about it. Nobody will
> > > credit you, and nobody here will
> > > pay attention when you say "I told you so."
> > > You are all alone in this.
>
> > Bull**** - I've got Lafferty and Magilla and Magilla's dozen other
> > alternate IDs *on my side.
>
> A circle jerk extraordinaire, if there ever was one.

RicodJour is always the center of attention

in a circle jerk.

Michael Press
January 20th 11, 07:51 AM
In article
Anton Berlin > wrote:

> On Jan 19, 2:35Â*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> > Â*Anton Berlin > wrote:
> >
> > > My methodology was to wiki the tour then wiki the gc until I found no
> > > (historically) doping allegations/implications or positive tests/
> > > suspensions listed. Â*Might be the same as Shermers standard.
> >
> > > Let the dumbass debates begin
> >
> > The point is that you devote time
> > to researching and compiling this stuff.
> > It's your life. And when LANCE
> > is busted, in disgrace, who will
> > credit Anton Berlin for his role?
> > Nobody. Think about it. Nobody will
> > credit you, and nobody here will
> > pay attention when you say "I told you so."
> > You are all alone in this.
>
> Bull**** - I've got Lafferty and Magilla and Magilla's dozen other
> alternate IDs on my side.

You think they are on your side.