PDA

View Full Version : Lemme see, what happened to me today....

Geoff Lock[_2_]
March 2nd 11, 06:58 PM
Got annihilated by a cyclist on a mountain bike with 29" wheels.

Got talking to a cyclist who caught up to me to ask me how I liked the
"light gears" I was using - it appears that I should be using bigger
gears to build up my strength.

I suppose I should let others have a go at putting up some posts about
their own cycling experiences today/yesterday. I'll shut up for a while
then :) See yer :)

Geoff Lock[_2_]
March 3rd 11, 05:45 AM
On 3/03/2011 3:09 PM, Erik Vastmasd wrote:
> I caught a glimpse of Geoff Lock<glock@home> on Thu, 03 Mar 2011
> 05:58:40 +1100, writing in aus.bicycle:

>> I suppose I should let others have a go at putting up some posts about
>> their own cycling experiences today/yesterday.
>
> Wednesday I had to visit my Doctor to renew my prescriptions.
> My electric trike has 6 mechanical gears that aren't often used, I tend
> to use the electric facilities more often.

I think the problem you have with that trike is that you need to
retrofit more gears - 6 gears just don't do it plus you'll look silly in
your Caisse d'Epargne body hugging suit :)

You should think of retrofitting one of these

http://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/groupsetdetail/item_pignoniSR_catid_12.jsp

The thingymagicky hub arrangement on the trike may also have to be
slightly modified - there are some experts in this newsgroup who may be
willing to share their thoughts on it :)

> Next week I'll need to roll the trike out again when I visit the Chemist
> and have the prescriptions filled. I get pi**ed off when I'm passed by
> pedestrians.

Lowest possible gear, highest possible cadence - or should that be
highest possible gear ratio or .....? Oh, did I mention you need more
gears? :)

>> I'll shut up for a while then :) See yer :)
>
> Please don't do that, I don't even use the trike for my weekly shopping,
> I usually do my grocery shopping on-line. I love reading your posts and
> if you shut up for a while you will be missed.

Gosh, it has been a while since I last posted - several hours at least,
ain't it? Oh well, there you go, mate, I've made another post :)

BT Humble[_3_]
March 3rd 11, 08:48 AM
Erik Vastmasd wrote:

> I looked at the above URL which is beyond me.
>
> Glad to see you are still posting though. :-)

Yup, if I ever notice it's been 2 days without a post from Geoff I'll have
to call the police to report a missing person!

(Probably not the AFP thought)

BTH

Posted at www.usenet.com.au

Geoff Lock[_2_]
March 3rd 11, 05:59 PM
On 3/03/2011 5:16 PM, Erik Vastmasd wrote:
> I caught a glimpse of Geoff Lock<glock@home> on Thu, 03 Mar 2011
> 16:45:47 +1100, writing in aus.bicycle:
>
>> On 3/03/2011 3:09 PM, Erik Vastmasd wrote:
>>> I caught a glimpse of Geoff Lock<glock@home> on Thu, 03 Mar 2011
>>> 05:58:40 +1100, writing in aus.bicycle:

>>> Wednesday I had to visit my Doctor to renew my prescriptions.
>>> My electric trike has 6 mechanical gears that aren't often used, I tend
>>> to use the electric facilities more often.
>>
>> I think the problem you have with that trike is that you need to
>> retrofit more gears - 6 gears just don't do it plus you'll look silly in
>> your Caisse d'Epargne body hugging suit :)
>
> LOL, more likely to be wearing a pair of jeans and a tracksuit top. :-)

Hey, a daggy rider! :) On yer, mate :)

> Last year I had to put down my Airedale Terrier dog, until then he could
> tow the trike faster than the electric motor.

Shame about the dog but that's how it goes, eh? No electric motor could
replace a good dog.

>> You should think of retrofitting one of these
>>
>> http://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/groupsetdetail/item_pignoniSR_catid_12.jsp
>>
>> The thingymagicky hub arrangement on the trike may also have to be
>> slightly modified - there are some experts in this newsgroup who may be
>> willing to share their thoughts on it :)
>
> I looked at the above URL which is beyond me.

Hahahah, don't worry about the URL. It was just an 11-speed cogset. If
you could get it to fit your trike, it'd be awesome :)

> Glad to see you are still posting though. :-)

Nothing more than just doing my bit to keep folks talking about cycling :)

Geoff Lock[_2_]
March 3rd 11, 06:13 PM
On 3/03/2011 7:48 PM, BT Humble wrote:
> Erik Vastmasd wrote:
>>
>> I looked at the above URL which is beyond me.
>>
>> Glad to see you are still posting though. :-)
>
> Yup, if I ever notice it's been 2 days without a post from Geoff I'll have
> to call the police to report a missing person!

Come on, I am sure I've been at least 3 days without making a post of
some sort :)

I do admit that I make lotsa posts but then my excuse is that the amount
of riding I do and the places I ride around in do offer me a lot of
insights and experiences.

Nevertheless, I also find the experiences of others interesting, eg
suzyj's bike, Ken & Stace's experience on the Woodford-Glenbrook track,
Owen's tyre levers, etc etc. Oh and yes, Rob's 150kg bike with the
cranks hidden by the fairing :)

> (Probably not the AFP thought)

Don't think they wanna know about me :) Had an AFP patrol car drive past
me the day before on Qantas Drive like nothing was going on.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home