PDA

View Full Version : Pulled a tendon(?) in right thigh :(

Geoff Lock[_2_]
March 14th 11, 04:42 AM
Ouch! :( Gonna try it out on the bike for the first time since I pulled
it yesterday arvo. Have massaged it, tickled it, caressed it, etc etc
since I pulled the whatever (hamstring? dunno I'll look it up Gray's
Anatomy later), so I'll see how I handle it on the bike. Should be
alright, I'm a big boy and I'll not need anybody to feel sorry for me
.... _sniffle_ _sniffle_ :(

Geoff Lock[_2_]
March 14th 11, 03:01 PM
On 14/03/2011 9:05 PM, Erik Vastmasd wrote:
> I caught a glimpse of Geoff Lock<glock@home> on Mon, 14 Mar 2011
> 15:42:46 +1100, writing in aus.bicycle:
>
>> Ouch! :( Gonna try it out on the bike for the first time since I pulled
>> it yesterday arvo. Have massaged it, tickled it, caressed it, etc etc
>> since I pulled the whatever (hamstring? dunno I'll look it up Gray's
>> Anatomy later), so I'll see how I handle it on the bike. Should be
>> alright, I'm a big boy and I'll not need anybody to feel sorry for me
>
> Try and be positive, you will probably still be able to pedal your bike
> using just your left leg, even if your right leg falls off.

Yeah, sure, thanks, me right leg falling off, eh? I should be positive
when that happens, eh? :)

I think it is my peroneus brevis that is painful. At least that is what
I think it is cos it seems to be in exactly the spot where it hurts -
deep behind the some layers of meat/muscle(?). The diagrams on my copy
of Gray's Anatomy are rather poor and it is hard to see what is written.

Strangely, I had no problems riding my bike and I was able to maintain
my usual high cadence for my ride today with no discomfort during my ride.

Heheheh! Massaging the sore spot looks pretty disgusting, though :) It
does have its shock value if one didn't know what I was doing :)

>> ... _sniffle_ _sniffle_ :(
>
> Darn it, the dog sensed I was crying in sympathy and is now licking my
> cheeks.

Aaaawwwww!!! Thanks, you liar :))))

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home