PDA

View Full Version : Re: Wet weather in Sydney

Ted[_11_]
April 17th 11, 02:16 AM
My wet weather is all gortex, also use it Nordic skiing.
Not cheap but works well, keeps the rain out and does not get sweaty inside.

Patrick
April 17th 11, 03:26 AM
On 17/04/2011 11:16 AM, Ted wrote:
> My wet weather is all gortex, also use it Nordic skiing.
> Not cheap but works well, keeps the rain out and does not get sweaty inside.
If you are managing to stay dry in the rain then either it isn't raining
enough or you are not riding fast enough.

Geoff Lock[_2_]
April 17th 11, 06:22 AM
On 17/04/2011 11:16 AM, Ted wrote:
> My wet weather is all gortex, also use it Nordic skiing.
> Not cheap but works well, keeps the rain out and does not get sweaty inside.

I have heard of gore-tex and as you say, it might cost a bit more than a
garbage bag PLUS 2x shopping bags :)

Never seen gore-tex in real life so I dunno how compact their stuff
folds up to. My tafetta(?) gear + 1 garbage bag + 2x shopping bags will
probably be 1.5 times the size of a large can of bake beans.

I am kinda limited in what I can carry in my back pack - it already
weighs about 8kgs :( I gotta take some tools out. :(

Geoff Lock[_2_]
April 17th 11, 06:31 AM
On 17/04/2011 12:26 PM, Patrick wrote:
> On 17/04/2011 11:16 AM, Ted wrote:
>> My wet weather is all gortex, also use it Nordic skiing.
>> Not cheap but works well, keeps the rain out and does not get sweaty
>> inside.
> If you are managing to stay dry in the rain then either it isn't raining
> enough or you are not riding fast enough.

Heheehehheh!! :) There were times the other night, when my glasses were
kinda messed up by a bit of rain and the drops were blowing over the top
off me specs into me eyes (I was crouched down against the wind, you
see), I wished I had that pair of goggles I have on order with me son. :)

Never mind, those strapped goggles will be in soon and I'll try to see
if I can ride faster :) Also got some wanky sunnies - alien eye type :)
All to prescription, too!

BT Humble[_3_]
May 3rd 11, 01:34 AM
Geoff Lock wrote:
> I am kinda limited in what I can carry in my back pack - it already
> weighs about 8kgs :( I gotta take some tools out. :(

Panniers are good, and not terribly expensive:

http://tinyurl.com/6yf579f

BTH

Posted at www.usenet.com.au

Jack Russell
May 3rd 11, 02:35 AM
On 3/05/2011 10:34, BT Humble wrote:
> Geoff Lock wrote:
>> I am kinda limited in what I can carry in my back pack - it already
>> weighs about 8kgs :( I gotta take some tools out. :(
>
> Panniers are good, and not terribly expensive:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/6yf579f
>

> BTH

Anyone tried these front tube bags?

--