PDA

View Full Version : Go Cadel!!!!

Geoff Lock[_2_]
July 21st 11, 03:38 AM
Damn I missed the bit where Cadel actually got ahead of Voeckler on the
downhill during the last 10 or so kms.

Rob
July 21st 11, 03:43 AM
On 21/07/2011 12:38 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
> Damn I missed the bit where Cadel actually got ahead of Voeckler on the
> downhill during the last 10 or so kms.

He took a detour = I think it was that same blokes back yard again.

Geoff Lock[_2_]
July 21st 11, 04:28 AM
On 21/07/2011 12:43 PM, Rob wrote:
> On 21/07/2011 12:38 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
>> Damn I missed the bit where Cadel actually got ahead of Voeckler on the
>> downhill during the last 10 or so kms.
>
> He took a detour = I think it was that same blokes back yard again.

Hahahahah!! :) I see, Cadel must have gone straight ahead thru the car
port and thru the house whilst Voeckler had to tun around to get back on
track :))

Up to 100kph downhill, apparently !! Ffff^^^^^(*&^%%(kkkkk!!!!!

On another note, seems like Contador is trying to make up his 3mins or
so in the mountains and maybe, at the time trial. I can't see how he is
going to do it, really. I mean, he is coming back strong but it don't
seem to be gaining him any time at all. Who knows, maybe tonight might
be different, eh?

Still 3 mins seems a lot of time for a field of this caliber. Kinda
makes me wonder what would have gone down if Contador didn't have the
bad luck he's had at the start of he tour.

Rob
July 21st 11, 07:56 AM
On 21/07/2011 1:28 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
> On 21/07/2011 12:43 PM, Rob wrote:
>> On 21/07/2011 12:38 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
>>> Damn I missed the bit where Cadel actually got ahead of Voeckler on the
>>> downhill during the last 10 or so kms.
>>
>> He took a detour = I think it was that same blokes back yard again.
>
> Hahahahah!! :) I see, Cadel must have gone straight ahead thru the car
> port and thru the house whilst Voeckler had to tun around to get back on
> track :))

That wasn't a good reply. It was Voeckler who had the backyard tour.

> Up to 100kph downhill, apparently !! Ffff^^^^^(*&^%%(kkkkk!!!!!
>
> On another note, seems like Contador is trying to make up his 3mins or
> so in the mountains and maybe, at the time trial. I can't see how he is
> going to do it, really. I mean, he is coming back strong but it don't
> seem to be gaining him any time at all. Who knows, maybe tonight might
> be different, eh?
>
> Still 3 mins seems a lot of time for a field of this caliber. Kinda
> makes me wonder what would have gone down if Contador didn't have the
> bad luck he's had at the start of he tour.

Look just how long Cadel has taken to claw back, just a little lost time.

Geoff Lock[_2_]
July 21st 11, 08:22 AM
On 21/07/2011 4:56 PM, Rob wrote:
> On 21/07/2011 1:28 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
>>>
>>> He took a detour = I think it was that same blokes back yard again.
>>
>> Hahahahah!! :) I see, Cadel must have gone straight ahead thru the car
>> port and thru the house whilst Voeckler had to tun around to get back on
>> track :))
>>

> That wasn't a good reply. It was Voeckler who had the backyard tour.

Sorry, what I meant was Voeckler had to chuck the U-ee in the backyard
whilst Cadel just went thru the lot so fast I didn't see it :)

Trying to think who the fellow was, that did the same backyard before
Voeckler. Oh well, I guess it'll come to me as soon as I've spent 2hrs
trying to look it up. :)

Rob
July 21st 11, 08:57 AM
On 21/07/2011 5:22 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
> On 21/07/2011 4:56 PM, Rob wrote:

>>> Hahahahah!! :) I see, Cadel must have gone straight ahead thru the car
>>> port and thru the house whilst Voeckler had to tun around to get back on
>>> track :))
>>>

>> That wasn't a good reply. It was Voeckler who had the backyard tour.
>
> Sorry, what I meant was Voeckler had to chuck the U-ee in the backyard
> whilst Cadel just went thru the lot so fast I didn't see it :)
>
> Trying to think who the fellow was, that did the same backyard before
> Voeckler. Oh well, I guess it'll come to me as soon as I've spent 2hrs
> trying to look it up. :)

Recap on SBS now?

Moike
July 22nd 11, 06:28 AM
On 21/07/2011 12:38 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
> Damn I missed the bit where Cadel actually got ahead of Voeckler on the
> downhill during the last 10 or so kms.
A bit of interesting reading for you.

"Cadel Evans and other machines: the science of the Tour de France
time trial"

http://theconversation.edu.au/cadel-evans-and-other-machines-the-science-of-the-tour-de-france-time-trial-2471

Moike

Geoff Lock[_2_]
July 23rd 11, 09:03 AM
On 22/07/2011 3:28 PM, Moike wrote:
> On 21/07/2011 12:38 PM, Geoff Lock wrote:
>> Damn I missed the bit where Cadel actually got ahead of Voeckler on the
>> downhill during the last 10 or so kms.
> A bit of interesting reading for you.
>
> "Cadel Evans and other machines: the science of the Tour de France time
> trial"
>
> http://theconversation.edu.au/cadel-evans-and-other-machines-the-science-of-the-tour-de-france-time-trial-2471

Thanks for that. I also caught a snippet on SBS showing a closeup of the
time trial bike Cadel is going to ride and, man, it looks awesome. Only
about 12000 Euros or so, apparently.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home