PDA

View Full Version : Andy Schleck shows class.

Frederick the Great
July 22nd 11, 10:34 PM
Andy Schleck remonstrates with Gorka Izagirre of Euskaltel-Euskadi
for going over the Col du Télégraphe in front of Schleck.
Apparently Schleck thinks this is his coronation procession,
and not a bicycle race.

--
Old Fritz

atriage[_6_]
July 22nd 11, 10:45 PM
On 22/07/2011 22:34, Frederick the Great wrote:
> Andy Schleck remonstrates with Gorka Izagirre of Euskaltel-Euskadi
> for going over the Col du Télégraphe in front of Schleck.
> Apparently Schleck thinks this is his coronation procession,
> and not a bicycle race.

Probably Cuddly Evans will disabuse him of that notion tomorrow.

--

Scott
July 23rd 11, 12:12 AM
On Jul 22, 3:34*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> Andy Schleck remonstrates with Gorka Izagirre of Euskaltel-Euskadi
> for going over the Col du Télégraphe in front of Schleck.
> Apparently Schleck thinks this is his coronation procession,
> and not a bicycle race.
>
> --
> Old Fritz

How about the scene where he was giving the other breakaway riders
grief for not pulling through, after he'd just spent the better part
of a few minutes on Contador's wheel and not pulling through himself.
Classically classless.

Frederick the Great
July 23rd 11, 01:40 AM
In article
Scott > wrote:

> On Jul 22, 3:34Â*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> > Andy Schleck remonstrates with Gorka Izagirre of Euskaltel-Euskadi
> > for going over the Col du Télégraphe in front of Schleck.
> > Apparently Schleck thinks this is his coronation procession,
> > and not a bicycle race.
>
> How about the scene where he was giving the other breakaway riders
> grief for not pulling through, after he'd just spent the better part
> of a few minutes on Contador's wheel and not pulling through himself.
> Classically classless.

Is that the time about 5km out where
he tells Evans to tow him and his brother?
Enough to make Magilla pine for Armstrong.

--
Old Fritz

Scott
July 23rd 11, 02:29 AM
On Jul 22, 6:40*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> In article
> >,
>
> *Scott > wrote:
> > On Jul 22, 3:34*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> > > Andy Schleck remonstrates with Gorka Izagirre of Euskaltel-Euskadi
> > > for going over the Col du Télégraphe in front of Schleck.
> > > Apparently Schleck thinks this is his coronation procession,
> > > and not a bicycle race.
>
> > How about the scene where he was giving the other breakaway riders
> > grief for not pulling through, after he'd just spent the better part
> > of a few minutes on Contador's wheel and not pulling through himself.
> > Classically classless.
>
> Is that the time about 5km out where
> he tells Evans to tow him and his brother?
> Enough to make Magilla pine for Armstrong.
>
> --
> Old Fritz

nope, on the early climb, Tommy V was still struggling in no man's
land at the time.

Nagurski
July 23rd 11, 05:59 AM
On Jul 22, 2:34*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> Andy Schleck remonstrates with Gorka Izagirre of Euskaltel-Euskadi
> for going over the Col du Télégraphe in front of Schleck.
> Apparently Schleck thinks this is his coronation procession,
> and not a bicycle race.
>
> --
> Old Fritz

Psssst.....Contador jizz is running out the corner of your mouth.

Frederick the Great
July 23rd 11, 08:39 AM
In article
Nagurski > wrote:

> On Jul 22, 2:34Â*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> > Andy Schleck remonstrates with Gorka Izagirre of Euskaltel-Euskadi
> > for going over the Col du Télégraphe in front of Schleck.
> > Apparently Schleck thinks this is his coronation procession,
> > and not a bicycle race.
>
> Psssst.....Contador jizz is running out the corner of your mouth.

I love July.

--
Old Fritz

Simply Fred
July 23rd 11, 10:20 AM

Frederick the Great wrote:
> I love July.

But not August and everything after.

Frederick the Great
July 23rd 11, 09:05 PM
In article >,
atriage > wrote:

> On 22/07/2011 22:34, Frederick the Great wrote:
> > Andy Schleck remonstrates with Gorka Izagirre of Euskaltel-Euskadi
> > for going over the Col du Télégraphe in front of Schleck.
> > Apparently Schleck thinks this is his coronation procession,
> > and not a bicycle race.
>
> Probably Cuddly Evans will disabuse him of that notion tomorrow.

Though knowledgeable people predicted Evans taking big
time out of the Schleck brothers in the ITT, I did not
really think he would. Now I see that Andy Schleck was
going for KOM and missed it by _that_ much.

--
Old Fritz

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home