PDA

View Full Version : Most bizarre moments of final stage

ilan[_2_]
July 25th 11, 01:40 AM
I am not sure how to order these:

1. Head of France Television sports Daniel Bilalian talking about this
year's Tour and the inspiring performance of Thierry Voeckler.

2. Andy Rihs being asked how it feels like to win the Tour de France.

-ilan

Ben Trovato
July 25th 11, 05:05 PM
On Jul 24, 5:40*pm, ilan > wrote:
> I am not sure how to order these:
>
> 1. Head of France Television sports Daniel Bilalian talking about this
> year's Tour and the inspiring performance of Thierry Voeckler.

Did he confound "Thomas Voeckler" and "Thierry Adam"?

Jim Feeley
July 25th 11, 06:46 PM
Ben Trovato > wrote:

> On Jul 24, 5:40*pm, ilan > wrote:
>> I am not sure how to order these:
>>
>> 1. Head of France Television sports Daniel Bilalian talking about this
>> year's Tour and the inspiring performance of Thierry Voeckler.
>>

> Did he confound "Thomas Voeckler" and "Thierry Adam"?

Thierry Voeckler is the name of a driver for France TV. No relation to
Thomas, but one of his most-valued domestiques.

--
Jim
Jim Feeley

ilan[_2_]
July 25th 11, 11:54 PM
On Jul 25, 7:46*pm, Jim Feeley > wrote:
> Ben Trovato > wrote:
> > On Jul 24, 5:40*pm, ilan > wrote:
> >> I am not sure how to order these:
>
> >> 1. Head of France Television sports Daniel Bilalian talking about this
> >> year's Tour and the inspiring performance of Thierry Voeckler.
>
> > Did he confound "Thomas Voeckler" and "Thierry Adam"?
>
> Thierry Voeckler is the name of a driver for France TV. No relation to
> Thomas, but one of his most-valued domestiques.

Oh, so he's the one who helped him on the road to St. Flour.

-ilan

Ryan Cousineau
July 26th 11, 08:55 PM
On Jul 24, 5:40*pm, ilan > wrote:
> I am not sure how to order these:
>
> 1. Head of France Television sports Daniel Bilalian talking about this
> year's Tour and the inspiring performance of Thierry Voeckler.

The presence of a Frenchman at the sharp end of the GC rankings is so
baffling that I believe all France is in a state of cognitive
dissonance. I imagine headlines like "FRENCHMAN FOURTH IN TOUR DE
FRANCE! Evans finishes first."

> 2. Andy Rihs being asked how it feels like to win the Tour de France.

Awesome. I wish I'd seen that.

ilan[_2_]
July 26th 11, 11:12 PM
Actually, I was surprised that it was never once mentioned that
Jalabert had finished 4th in the Tour, his highest placing, especially
since he's the TV commentator. So that placing doesn't carry that much
weight, it isn't considered a career highlight for Moreau, and they
didn't mention Sean Kelly or Steve Bauer either, not even as evidence
that 4th is regularly obtainable by sprinters and classics riders.

-ilan

On Jul 26, 9:55*pm, Ryan Cousineau > wrote:
> On Jul 24, 5:40*pm, ilan > wrote:
>
> > I am not sure how to order these:
>
> > 1. Head of France Television sports Daniel Bilalian talking about this
> > year's Tour and the inspiring performance of Thierry Voeckler.
>
> The presence of a Frenchman at the sharp end of the GC rankings is so
> baffling that I believe all France is in a state of cognitive
> dissonance. I imagine headlines like "FRENCHMAN FOURTH IN TOUR DE
> FRANCE! Evans finishes first."
>
> > 2. Andy Rihs being asked how it feels like to win the Tour de France.
>
> Awesome. I wish I'd seen that.

Bob Martin
July 27th 11, 08:16 AM
in 657599 20110726 231201 ilan > wrote:
>Actually, I was surprised that it was never once mentioned that
>Jalabert had finished 4th in the Tour, his highest placing, especially
>since he's the TV commentator. So that placing doesn't carry that much
>weight, it isn't considered a career highlight for Moreau, and they
>didn't mention Sean Kelly or Steve Bauer either, not even as evidence
>that 4th is regularly obtainable by sprinters and classics riders.

Didn't Virenque have a 2nd and a 3rd?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home