PDA

View Full Version : Unbelievable

William R. Mattil
July 28th 11, 12:40 PM
Alberto Contador is now blaming his team on his failure to win the double.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-says-giro-tour-double-is-possible-with-a-stronger-team

He's very adept at building team unity.

Bill
--

William R. Mattil

http://www.celestial-images.com

Ningi[_2_]
July 28th 11, 01:47 PM
On 28/07/2011 12:40, William R. Mattil wrote:
> Alberto Contador is now blaming his team on his failure to win the double.
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-says-giro-tour-double-is-possible-with-a-stronger-team
>

> He's very adept at building team unity.

He learnt everything he knows from Vinokourov.

Pete

A. Dumas[_2_]
July 28th 11, 07:23 PM
William R. Mattil wrote:
> Alberto Contador is now blaming his team on his failure to win the double.

No he doesn't. If CN really says so, then they got it wrong. (Surprise.)

Jimmy July[_3_]
July 29th 11, 10:20 AM
On 7/28/2011 11:23 AM, A. Dumas wrote:
> William R. Mattil wrote:
>> Alberto Contador is now blaming his team on his failure to win the
>> double.
>
> No he doesn't. If CN really says so, then they got it wrong. (Surprise.)

After reading the article, CN doesn't really say so.

Victor Kan
July 29th 11, 12:25 PM
On Jul 28, 7:40*am, "William R. Mattil" >
wrote:
> Alberto Contador is now blaming his team on his failure to win the double..

I suppose you could read it that way (and Cyclingnews obviously does
with their headline), but here's what they quoted:

"You need to have stages that suit you, either a prologue, a mountain
time trial or two time trials. But not a team time trial if you don't
have a strong team."

Does anyone disagree with the notion that it's a significant
disadvantage to have a TTT in the race (especially if it's a longer
one, unlike this year's short one), but have a team that isn't strong,
especially not in the TTT?

Contador lost "only" 24 seconds to Evans in the TTT this year. I
doubt he blames his fifth place finish this year to those 24 seconds.

But as a spectator on TV, I did wonder "where the heck is Saxo Bank"
when they showed the front of the peloton or when Contador was off the
bike, e.g. after the Karpets entanglement.

RicodJour[_2_]
July 29th 11, 12:49 PM
On Jul 29, 7:25*am, Victor Kan > wrote:

> But as a spectator on TV, I did wonder "where the heck is Saxo Bank"

Wearing Leopard Trek jerseys for the most part.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home