PDA

View Full Version : It was a dark & stormy night...

Mike Jacoubowsky
August 5th 11, 05:05 AM
"Yet whatever legacy HTC and Stapleton leave behind, and it's far too
early to draw judgement, they will perhaps been seen as a squad that
opened new doors, that embraced a firm-anti doping stance, that bred
huge success through men's and womens's sports but who, most of all,
kept cycling fans entertained."

"Far too early to draw judgement"??? There is not even a hint of a dark
cloud over HTC in the article-
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/htc-highroad-disbands-after-failed-sponsor-search

Not to mention that what we're "remembered" for is how we're "judged."

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

A. Dumas[_2_]
August 5th 11, 12:58 PM
Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
> HTC [...] will perhaps been seen as a squad that
> opened new doors, that embraced a firm-anti doping stance, that bred
> huge success through men's and womens's sports but who, most of all,
> kept cycling fans entertained."

Firm anti-doping stance? They hired Rene Wenzel as a director.
Ex-Telekom staff hasn't exactly been outspoken against doping either.

atriage[_6_]
August 5th 11, 01:07 PM
On 05/08/2011 05:05, Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:

<snip>
> "but who, most of all,
> kept cycling fans entertained."

Certainly applies to me anyway, always enjoyed watching their slick train in action.

--

atriage[_6_]
August 5th 11, 01:10 PM
On 05/08/2011 12:58, A. Dumas wrote:
> Mike Jacoubowsky wrote:
>> HTC [...] will perhaps been seen as a squad that
>> opened new doors, that embraced a firm-anti doping stance, that bred
>> huge success through men's and womens's sports but who, most of all,
>> kept cycling fans entertained."
>
> Firm anti-doping stance? They hired Rene Wenzel as a director. Ex-Telekom staff
> hasn't exactly been outspoken against doping either.

True but they did have their own anti-preparation measures in place, obviously I
can't know how effective they were but at least they went thru the motions.

--

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home