PDA

View Full Version : Video of a mass bicycle race crash with long slide?

Sir Ridesalot
August 18th 11, 02:11 AM
Hi there.

A while back in message here or on rec.bicycles.tech I saw a link to a
You Tube video of a mass bicycle crash where the fallen riders slid
for quite some distance. It may have been caused by wet and slick
lines or advertising on the road. I've been trying to find this video
again but have had no luck whatsoever. I thought it happened during
one of the Tour de France stages a ffew years ago. I'mpositive it was
not a 2011 stage. I just remember that there were a lot of riders
going down and sliding what seemed to be a considerable distance. Do
any of you have a link to this You Tube video?

Thank you and cheers from Peter

Plano Dude
August 18th 11, 03:57 AM
On Aug 17, 8:11*pm, Sir Ridesalot > wrote:
> Hi there.
>
> A while back in message here or on rec.bicycles.tech I saw a link to a
> You Tube video of a mass bicycle crash where the fallen riders slid
> for quite some distance. It may have been caused by wet and slick
> lines or advertising on the road. I've been trying to find this video
> again but have had no luck whatsoever. I thought it happened during
> one of the Tour de France stages a ffew years ago. I'mpositive it was
> not a 2011 stage. I just remember that there were a lot of riders
> going down and sliding what seemed to be a considerable distance. Do
> any of you have a link to this You Tube video?
>
> Thank you and cheers from Peter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jeB9_VmkNc

Steve Freides[_2_]
August 18th 11, 02:35 PM
Plano Dude wrote:
> On Aug 17, 8:11 pm, Sir Ridesalot > wrote:
>> Hi there.
>>
>> A while back in message here or on rec.bicycles.tech I saw a link to
>> a You Tube video of a mass bicycle crash where the fallen riders slid
>> for quite some distance. It may have been caused by wet and slick
>> lines or advertising on the road. I've been trying to find this video
>> again but have had no luck whatsoever. I thought it happened during
>> one of the Tour de France stages a ffew years ago. I'mpositive it was
>> not a 2011 stage. I just remember that there were a lot of riders
>> going down and sliding what seemed to be a considerable distance. Do
>> any of you have a link to this You Tube video?
>>
>> Thank you and cheers from Peter
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jeB9_VmkNc

http://www.amazon.com/Slip-Slide-Waverider-colors-vary/dp/B00003CYPS

-S-

Sir Ridesalot
August 18th 11, 10:47 PM
On Aug 17, 10:57*pm, Plano Dude > wrote:
> On Aug 17, 8:11*pm, Sir Ridesalot > wrote:
>
> > Hi there.
>
> > A while back in message here or on rec.bicycles.tech I saw a link to a
> > You Tube video of a mass bicycle crash where the fallen riders slid
> > for quite some distance. It may have been caused by wet and slick
> > lines or advertising on the road. I've been trying to find this video
> > again but have had no luck whatsoever. I thought it happened during
> > one of the Tour de France stages a ffew years ago. I'mpositive it was
> > not a 2011 stage. I just remember that there were a lot of riders
> > going down and sliding what seemed to be a considerable distance. Do
> > any of you have a link to this You Tube video?
>
> > Thank you and cheers from Peter
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jeB9_VmkNc

Hi there.

Thank you very much. That is the short version. There is another much
longer version of the same stage and crash. At least now I know what
year to look for.

Thanks again and cheers from Peter

RicodJour[_2_]
August 19th 11, 02:44 PM
On Aug 18, 5:47*pm, Sir Ridesalot > wrote:
> On Aug 17, 10:57*pm, Plano Dude > wrote:
>

> > On Aug 17, 8:11*pm, Sir Ridesalot > wrote:
>
> > > Hi there.
>
> > > A while back in message here or on rec.bicycles.tech I saw a link to a
> > > You Tube video of a mass bicycle crash where the fallen riders slid
> > > for quite some distance. It may have been caused by wet and slick
> > > lines or advertising on the road. I've been trying to find this video
> > > again but have had no luck whatsoever. I thought it happened during
> > > one of the Tour de France stages a ffew years ago. I'mpositive it was
> > > not a 2011 stage. I just remember that there were a lot of riders
> > > going down and sliding what seemed to be a considerable distance. Do
> > > any of you have a link to this You Tube video?
>
> > > Thank you and cheers from Peter
>
> >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jeB9_VmkNc
>
> Hi *there.
>
> Thank you very much. That is the short version. There is another much
> longer version of the same stage and crash. At least now I know what
> year to look for.
>
> Thanks again and cheers from Peter

Who is Peter and why are you relaying his felicitations?

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home