PDA

View Full Version : Les visiteurs [1993]

Michael Press
August 31st 11, 01:25 AM
Les visiteurs [1993] is a funny movie.

--
Michael Press

Davey Crockett[_5_]
August 31st 11, 04:52 AM
Michael Press a écrit profondement:

| Les visiteurs [1993] is a funny movie.

Did you see the original French version or find an English version then?

As I remember it there were only occasional lines in English.

It was not too bad a movie although I only watched it because I was a
bit of a fan of Arielle Séménoff for a while.

--
Davey Crockett
Flying the Flag of the English

Michael Press
August 31st 11, 09:07 AM
In article >,
Davey Crockett > wrote:

> Michael Press a écrit profondement:
>
> | Les visiteurs [1993] is a funny movie.
>
> Did you see the original French version or find an English version then?
>
> As I remember it there were only occasional lines in English.
>
> It was not too bad a movie although I only watched it because I was a
> bit of a fan of Arielle Séménoff for a while.

French language with subtitles.

At one point Béatrice de Montmirail
describes somebody as "smart" and the subtitle gives "chic".

This is a true French farce.
The soundtrack is brilliant.
Listened to in isolation it is a cross
between a Tex Avery cartoon and John Cage.

Her Ladyship was not amused while I played
it at 0200. Later upon viewing it, Herself
attested to its charm.

--
Michael Press

Davey Crockett[_5_]
August 31st 11, 08:09 PM
Michael Press a écrit profondement:

| This is a true French farce.
| The soundtrack is brilliant.
| Listened to in isolation it is a cross
| between a Tex Avery cartoon and John Cage.

Another one I found amusing was Chabrol's "Les Biches"

In English it will probably be alternatively found as "Bad
Girls/Girlfriends/The Does"

I actually watched the German version "Zwei Freundinnen"

But nevertheless it's quite funny although I suppose technically it's a
"drama".

It's never been a great international blockbuster, but is a classic
French film about a couple of bisexual women who live with a couple of
fags and both girls eventually fall for the same guy.

(Biches does NOT translate into Bitches! - rather Girls/Chicks or Does
[female deer])

-
Angry White male jailed for Heckling Mbongo
http://usera.imagecave.com/daveycrockett/268400_794_avatar.jpg
Angry White Male's Angry White Girlfriend
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k178/ulver_2006/erert.jpg

--
Davey Crockett

Michael Press
September 1st 11, 04:31 AM
In article >,
Davey Crockett > wrote:

> Michael Press a écrit profondement:
>

> | This is a true French farce.
> | The soundtrack is brilliant.
> | Listened to in isolation it is a cross
> | between a Tex Avery cartoon and John Cage.
>
> Another one I found amusing was Chabrol's "Les Biches"
>
> In English it will probably be alternatively found as "Bad
> Girls/Girlfriends/The Does"
>
> I actually watched the German version "Zwei Freundinnen"
>
> But nevertheless it's quite funny although I suppose technically it's a
> "drama".
>
> It's never been a great international blockbuster, but is a classic
> French film about a couple of bisexual women who live with a couple of
> fags and both girls eventually fall for the same guy.

Will give it a look.

--
Michael Press

Google