PDA

View Full Version : Great moments in cycling reportage, technology edition

Ryan Cousineau
September 16th 11, 08:49 PM
James Huang, a guy whose writing I liked even before he got the
Cycling News gig that keeps him in ramen and out of dumpsters,
descended to a new low this week.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/interbike-2011-neilprydes-new-bayamo-time-trial-frame

He reported on a new time trial frame from a fairly-new-to-bikes
manufacturer that wasn't yet available, hadn't been wind tunnel
tested, and didn't actually exist:

"...the company still has to validate the new form in the wind tunnel
– not to mention figure out the lay-up schedule as the prototypes
shown at Interbike were just mock-ups – it at least looks the part for
now."

The NeilPryde Bayamo. Amazingly, they DO have a price point for it.

In other news, someone called Mad Fiber has managed to cross a Mavic R-
SYS and a Spinergy Rev-X. I invite...someone else...to test out a set:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/interbike-2011-mad-fiber-unveils-clever-new-carbon-clinchers

Brad Anders
September 16th 11, 10:33 PM
On Sep 16, 12:49*pm, Ryan Cousineau > wrote:

> In other news, someone called Mad Fiber has managed to cross a Mavic R-
> SYS and a Spinergy Rev-X. I invite...someone else...to test out a set:

One of the people behind Mad Fiber is Ric Hjertberg, founder of
Wheelsmith.

Jim Feeley
September 18th 11, 02:35 AM
Brad Anders > wrote:

> On Sep 16, 12:49*pm, Ryan Cousineau > wrote:
>>
>> In other news, someone called Mad Fiber has managed to cross a Mavic R-
>> SYS and a Spinergy Rev-X. I invite...someone else...to test out a set:
>>

> One of the people behind Mad Fiber is Ric Hjertberg, founder of
> Wheelsmith.

If his carbon fiber wheels scare you, he can sell you some wood rims and a
spoke machine...

Jim "lucky enough to know Ric and Jon when I was a kid" Feeley
--
Jim
Jim Feeley

Google