PDA

View Full Version : Huh!

atriage[_6_]
September 17th 11, 03:27 PM
Scroll down to the pic of the Diablo and tell me that isn't the worst production
bike color scheme ever.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/interbike-2011-neilprydes-new-bayamo-time-trial-frame
--

RicodJour[_2_]
September 17th 11, 06:33 PM
On Sep 17, 10:27*am, atriage > wrote:

> Scroll down to the pic of the Diablo and tell me that isn't the worst production
> bike color scheme ever.
>
> http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/interbike-2011-neilprydes-new-bay...
> --

Not even close.

atriage[_6_]
September 17th 11, 07:21 PM
On 17/09/2011 18:33, RicodJour wrote:
> On Sep 17, 10:27 am, > wrote:
>>
>> Scroll down to the pic of the Diablo and tell me that isn't the worst production
>> bike color scheme ever.
>>
>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/interbike-2011-neilprydes-new-bay...
>> --
>
> Not even close.

link?

--

RicodJour[_2_]
September 18th 11, 02:01 AM
On Sep 17, 2:21*pm, atriage > wrote:
> On 17/09/2011 18:33, RicodJour wrote:> On Sep 17, 10:27 am, > *wrote:
>
> >> Scroll down to the pic of the Diablo and tell me that isn't the worst production
> >> bike color scheme ever.
>
> >>http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/interbike-2011-neilprydes-new-bay....
> >> --
>
> > Not even close.
>
> link?

You're kidding, right? I understand that the Diablo isn't your cup of
tea color-wise - or mine - but it is far from atrocious. I find the
ubiquitous white and black with a splash of red puerile and
offensive. It shows a lack of imagination and a color conservatism
only valued by close-minded engineers, the colorblind and bean
counters.

Jimmy July[_3_]
September 18th 11, 09:25 PM
On 9/17/2011 11:21 AM, atriage wrote:
> On 17/09/2011 18:33, RicodJour wrote:
>> On Sep 17, 10:27 am, > wrote:
>>>
>>> Scroll down to the pic of the Diablo and tell me that isn't the worst
>>> production
>>> bike color scheme ever.
>>>
>>> http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/interbike-2011-neilprydes-new-bay...
>>> --
>>
>> Not even close.
>>
> link?

A Landshark. Any of them.

atriage[_6_]
September 18th 11, 10:00 PM
On 18/09/2011 21:25, Jimmy July wrote:
> On 9/17/2011 11:21 AM, atriage wrote:

>>> Not even close.
>>>
>> link?
>>

> A Landshark. Any of them.

Yup, their horror home page proves that. Come back Neil Pryde, all is forgiven.
http://landsharkbicycles.com/
--

dave a
September 18th 11, 10:41 PM
On 9/18/2011 2:00 PM, atriage wrote:
> On 18/09/2011 21:25, Jimmy July wrote:

>>> link?
>>>

>> A Landshark. Any of them.
>
> Yup, their horror home page proves that. Come back Neil Pryde, all is
> forgiven.
> http://landsharkbicycles.com/

If you click on the Giro D'Italia link on that page you will get to see
a video interview of Andy Hampsten and the actual bike that he used on
his famous win on the Gavia.

RicodJour[_2_]
September 18th 11, 11:01 PM
On Sep 18, 4:25*pm, Jimmy July > wrote:
> On 9/17/2011 11:21 AM, atriage wrote:

> >> Not even close.
>
> > link?
>
> A Landshark. Any of them.

Not this one:
http://landsharkbicycles.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/LS_legs.jpg

Other than that, yep.

RicodJour[_2_]
September 18th 11, 11:15 PM
On Sep 18, 5:41*pm, dave a > wrote:
> On 9/18/2011 2:00 PM, atriage wrote:

> >> A Landshark. Any of them.
>
> > Yup, their horror home page proves that. Come back Neil Pryde, all is
> > forgiven.
> >http://landsharkbicycles.com/
>
> If you click on the Giro D'Italia link on that page you will get to see
> a video interview of Andy Hampsten and the actual bike that he used on
> his famous win on the Gavia.

Kinda weird that Emerson felt the need to say that Hampsten's bike was
the real deal when Hampsten was standing right next to him. I haven't
been to Boulder since 1980, but I'd like to see that shop. Looks
excellent.

Fredmaster of Brainerd
September 19th 11, 12:19 AM
On Sep 18, 2:00*pm, atriage > wrote:
> On 18/09/2011 21:25, Jimmy July wrote:

> >> link?
>
> > A Landshark. Any of them.
>
> Yup, their horror home page proves that. Come back Neil Pryde, all is forgiven.
> http://landsharkbicycles.com/

Doesn't count. "Production bike" was specified, and Landsharks
are not production bicycles, the frames are custom and
each paint job is different.

Also, Landsharks are deliberately trying to do ...
whatever it is that the owner of a Landshark knows
he or she is getting into. Like the guy in Big Lebowski
says, at least it's an ethos.

The NeilPryde bike is probably not the worst paint job ever,
but it looks like the work of a Paintjob Committee. "Let's have
a swoop - swoops are fast. Oh, and Bob likes bullseyes.
But let's put it off center so it looks like Pac-Man. And
the Color Committee said purple, pink, and light blue
are this year's colors, so we'll use all of them."

The NeilPryde bike still can't compete with this:

http://mingus.as.arizona.edu/~bjw/misc/rbr/moulton_fuso.sml2.jpg

but it doesn't really count as a production bike either
(not a custom, but small frame builder and the buyer
could spec the colors).

Fredmaster Ben
RBR Aesthetics Committee Liaison

Brad Anders
September 19th 11, 02:37 AM
On Sep 18, 2:41*pm, dave a > wrote:
> On 9/18/2011 2:00 PM, atriage wrote:

> >> A Landshark. Any of them.
>
> > Yup, their horror home page proves that. Come back Neil Pryde, all is
> > forgiven.
> >http://landsharkbicycles.com/
>
> If you click on the Giro D'Italia link on that page you will get to see
> a video interview of Andy Hampsten and the actual bike that he used on
> his famous win on the Gavia.

Sweet.

atriage[_6_]
September 19th 11, 08:20 AM
On 18/09/2011 22:41, dave a wrote:
> On 9/18/2011 2:00 PM, atriage wrote:

>>> A Landshark. Any of them.
>>
>> Yup, their horror home page proves that. Come back Neil Pryde, all is
>> forgiven.
>> http://landsharkbicycles.com/
>
> If you click on the Giro D'Italia link on that page you will get to see a video
> interview of Andy Hampsten and the actual bike that he used on his famous win on
> the Gavia.

Interesting geometry, that's certainly a *real* drop bar.

--

atriage[_6_]
September 19th 11, 08:32 AM
On 19/09/2011 00:19, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
> On Sep 18, 2:00 pm, > wrote:

>>> A Landshark. Any of them.
>>
>> Yup, their horror home page proves that. Come back Neil Pryde, all is forgiven.
>> http://landsharkbicycles.com/
>
> Doesn't count. "Production bike" was specified, and Landsharks
> are not production bicycles, the frames are custom and
> each paint job is different.
>
> Also, Landsharks are deliberately trying to do ...
> whatever it is that the owner of a Landshark knows
> he or she is getting into. Like the guy in Big Lebowski
> says, at least it's an ethos.

There's certainly no danger of not being noticed on one of those things.
I must admit the whole thread is probably a bit unfair as bikes tend to look
quite different 'in the flesh' as it were.

> The NeilPryde bike is probably not the worst paint job ever,
> but it looks like the work of a Paintjob Committee. "Let's have
> a swoop - swoops are fast. Oh, and Bob likes bullseyes.
> But let's put it off center so it looks like Pac-Man. And
> the Color Committee said purple, pink, and light blue
> are this year's colors, so we'll use all of them."

Yes and the particular shades of those colors was a triumph of bad taste.

> The NeilPryde bike still can't compete with this:
>
> http://mingus.as.arizona.edu/~bjw/misc/rbr/moulton_fuso.sml2.jpg
>
> but it doesn't really count as a production bike either
> (not a custom, but small frame builder and the buyer
> could spec the colors).
>
> Fredmaster Ben
> RBR Aesthetics Committee Liaison

When is the next meeting and will there be biscuits?

--

Frederick the Great
September 19th 11, 08:08 PM
>,
Fredmaster of Brainerd > wrote:

> http://mingus.as.arizona.edu/~bjw/misc/rbr/moulton_fuso.sml2.jpg

Posed on a tilted surface.
Top tube not level.
Makes the wheels appear to be different diameters;
and it looks like somebody with a lazy eye.
Not that it would not be ugly in any circumstance.

--
Old Fritz

Simply Fred
September 19th 11, 09:07 PM

atriage wrote:
> When is the next meeting and will there be biscuits?

The most tasteless biscuits imaginable.

atriage[_6_]
September 19th 11, 09:55 PM
On 19/09/2011 20:08, Frederick the Great wrote:
> In article
> >,
> Fredmaster of > wrote:
>
>> http://mingus.as.arizona.edu/~bjw/misc/rbr/moulton_fuso.sml2.jpg
>
> Posed on a tilted surface.
> Top tube not level.
> Makes the wheels appear to be different diameters;
> and it looks like somebody with a lazy eye.
> Not that it would not be ugly in any circumstance.

It's utterly ****ing hideous.
IMHO.

--

Fredmaster of Brainerd
September 19th 11, 10:18 PM
On Sep 19, 12:08*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Fredmaster of Brainerd > wrote:
>
> >http://mingus.as.arizona.edu/~bjw/misc/rbr/moulton_fuso.sml2.jpg
>
> Posed on a tilted surface.
> Top tube not level.
> Makes the wheels appear to be different diameters;
> and it looks like somebody with a lazy eye.
> Not that it would not be ugly in any circumstance.

Do you people want a version of the photo
with a grid of lines superimposed so you can do
photogrammetry? Make it yourself for Christ's sake.

It's not on a tilted surface - rather, the plane of the bike
is not parallel to the wall of the shed in the background.
The handlebars are a little closer to the wall than the seat.
That makes the shed foundation look tilted because
of a little perceptual oddity called "perspective."
And the camera wasn't leveled with the horizon so
you get converging verticals and the top tube isn't
perpendicular to the shed planks.

All of this, IMO, is secondary to the fact that I left a
taillight bracket on the seat tube when taking a
picture of an ex-racing bike. That's even worse than
the triple crank.

I didn't get out the bike stand for a 7 year old impromptu
picture of my ugly bike because, well, I didn't own a
bike stand. I'd still rather be caught riding this 80s relic
than some tri-bike maker's hellspawn. It may offend
thine eyesight, but rides very well actually. I will have to
get it out of the box and ride it to take a picture in front
of some especially scenic cactus to further discomfit RBR.

Meetings of the RBR Aesthetics Committee are held in
Ryan Cousineau's bike shed on every third Tuesday.
It's your turn to bring the biscuits. I'll bring the tea -
perhaps something with a repugnant orange flavoring.

Fredmaster Ben

Plano Dude
September 19th 11, 10:57 PM
On Sep 19, 4:18*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd > wrote:
> On Sep 19, 12:08*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
>
> > In article
> > >,
> > *Fredmaster of Brainerd > wrote:
>
> > >http://mingus.as.arizona.edu/~bjw/misc/rbr/moulton_fuso.sml2.jpg
>
> > Posed on a tilted surface.
> > Top tube not level.
> > Makes the wheels appear to be different diameters;
> > and it looks like somebody with a lazy eye.
> > Not that it would not be ugly in any circumstance.
>
> Do you people want a version of the photo
> with a grid of lines superimposed so you can do
> photogrammetry? *Make it yourself for Christ's sake.
>
> It's not on a tilted surface - rather, the plane of the bike
> is not parallel to the wall of the shed in the background.
> The handlebars are a little closer to the wall than the seat.
> That makes the shed foundation look tilted because
> of a little perceptual oddity called "perspective."
> And the camera wasn't leveled with the horizon so
> you get converging verticals and the top tube isn't
> perpendicular to the shed planks.
>
> All of this, IMO, is secondary to the fact that I left a
> taillight bracket on the seat tube when taking a
> picture of an ex-racing bike. *That's even worse than
> the triple crank.
>
> I didn't get out the bike stand for a 7 year old impromptu
> picture of my ugly bike because, well, I didn't own a
> bike stand. *I'd still rather be caught riding this 80s relic
> than some tri-bike maker's hellspawn. *It may offend
> thine eyesight, but rides very well actually. *I will have to
> get it out of the box and ride it to take a picture in front
> of some especially scenic cactus to further discomfit RBR.
>
> Meetings of the RBR Aesthetics Committee are held in
> Ryan Cousineau's bike shed on every third Tuesday.
> It's your turn to bring the biscuits. *I'll bring the tea -
> perhaps something with a repugnant orange flavoring.
>
> Fredmaster Ben

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/uploads/monthly_12_2010/post-94320-0-38295100-1293057536_thumb.jpg

A. Dumas[_2_]
September 19th 11, 11:03 PM
Op 19-09-11 23:18, Fredmaster of Brainerd schreef:
> It's your turn to bring the biscuits. I'll bring the tea -
> perhaps something with a repugnant orange flavoring.

Orange Pekoe is my favourite tea. Really.

Fred Flintstein
September 19th 11, 11:15 PM
On 9/19/2011 5:03 PM, A. Dumas wrote:
> Op 19-09-11 23:18, Fredmaster of Brainerd schreef:
>> It's your turn to bring the biscuits. I'll bring the tea -
>> perhaps something with a repugnant orange flavoring.
>
> Orange Pekoe is my favourite tea. Really.

Aren't you the guy that likes butter sandwiches with chocolate
sprinkles for breakfast?

RicodJour[_2_]
September 20th 11, 02:29 AM
On Sep 19, 5:18*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd > wrote:
> On Sep 19, 12:08*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> > *Fredmaster of Brainerd > wrote:
>
> > >http://mingus.as.arizona.edu/~bjw/misc/rbr/moulton_fuso.sml2.jpg
>
> > Posed on a tilted surface.
> > Top tube not level.
> > Makes the wheels appear to be different diameters;
> > and it looks like somebody with a lazy eye.
> > Not that it would not be ugly in any circumstance.
>
> Do you people want a version of the photo
> with a grid of lines superimposed so you can do
> photogrammetry? *Make it yourself for Christ's sake.
>
> It's not on a tilted surface - rather, the plane of the bike
> is not parallel to the wall of the shed in the background.
> The handlebars are a little closer to the wall than the seat.
> That makes the shed foundation look tilted because
> of a little perceptual oddity called "perspective."
> And the camera wasn't leveled with the horizon so
> you get converging verticals and the top tube isn't
> perpendicular to the shed planks.

Thanks for the rather unique defensive explanation of optical
delusions, but I think the different rims are the real culprit, no?

> All of this, IMO, is secondary to the fact that I left a
> taillight bracket on the seat tube when taking a
> picture of an ex-racing bike. *That's even worse than
> the triple crank.
>
> I didn't get out the bike stand for a 7 year old impromptu
> picture of my ugly bike because, well, I didn't own a
> bike stand. *I'd still rather be caught riding this 80s relic
> than some tri-bike maker's hellspawn. *It may offend
> thine eyesight, but rides very well actually. *I will have to
> get it out of the box and ride it to take a picture in front
> of some especially scenic cactus to further discomfit RBR.

Anyone know how an Aesthetics Committee member is recalled for truly
gross violations?

> Meetings of the RBR Aesthetics Committee are held in
> Ryan Cousineau's bike shed on every third Tuesday.
> It's your turn to bring the biscuits. *I'll bring the tea -
> perhaps something with a repugnant orange flavoring.

Ryan's tea is Long Island Iced. Be forewarned.

Simply Fred
September 20th 11, 10:13 AM

Fred Flintstein wrote:
> Aren't you the guy that likes butter sandwiches with chocolate
> sprinkles for breakfast?

With or without mayonnaise ?

Frederick the Great
September 20th 11, 04:43 PM
In article
>,
Fredmaster of Brainerd > wrote:

> On Sep 19, 12:08Â*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> > In article
> > >,
> > Â*Fredmaster of Brainerd > wrote:
> >
> > >http://mingus.as.arizona.edu/~bjw/misc/rbr/moulton_fuso.sml2.jpg
> >
> > Posed on a tilted surface.
> > Top tube not level.
> > Makes the wheels appear to be different diameters;
> > and it looks like somebody with a lazy eye.
> > Not that it would not be ugly in any circumstance.
>
> Do you people want a version of the photo
> with a grid of lines superimposed so you can do
> photogrammetry? Make it yourself for Christ's sake.
>
> It's not on a tilted surface - rather, the plane of the bike
> is not parallel to the wall of the shed in the background.
> The handlebars are a little closer to the wall than the seat.
> That makes the shed foundation look tilted because
> of a little perceptual oddity called "perspective."
> And the camera wasn't leveled with the horizon so
> you get converging verticals and the top tube isn't
> perpendicular to the shed planks.
>
> All of this, IMO, is secondary to the fact that I left a
> taillight bracket on the seat tube when taking a
> picture of an ex-racing bike. That's even worse than
> the triple crank.
>
> I didn't get out the bike stand for a 7 year old impromptu
> picture of my ugly bike because, well, I didn't own a
> bike stand. I'd still rather be caught riding this 80s relic
> than some tri-bike maker's hellspawn. It may offend
> thine eyesight, but rides very well actually. I will have to
> get it out of the box and ride it to take a picture in front
> of some especially scenic cactus to further discomfit RBR.
>
> Meetings of the RBR Aesthetics Committee are held in
> Ryan Cousineau's bike shed on every third Tuesday.
> It's your turn to bring the biscuits. I'll bring the tea -
> perhaps something with a repugnant orange flavoring.

Was it something I said?

--
Old Fritz

RicodJour[_2_]
September 20th 11, 04:44 PM
On Sep 20, 11:43*am, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> In article
> >,
> *Fredmaster of Brainerd > wrote:
>

> > On Sep 19, 12:08*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> > > In article

> > > Posed on a tilted surface.
> > > Top tube not level.
> > > Makes the wheels appear to be different diameters;
> > > and it looks like somebody with a lazy eye.
> > > Not that it would not be ugly in any circumstance.
>
> > Do you people want a version of the photo
> > with a grid of lines superimposed so you can do
> > photogrammetry? *Make it yourself for Christ's sake.
>
> > It's not on a tilted surface - rather, the plane of the bike
> > is not parallel to the wall of the shed in the background.
> > The handlebars are a little closer to the wall than the seat.
> > That makes the shed foundation look tilted because
> > of a little perceptual oddity called "perspective."
> > And the camera wasn't leveled with the horizon so
> > you get converging verticals and the top tube isn't
> > perpendicular to the shed planks.
>
> > All of this, IMO, is secondary to the fact that I left a
> > taillight bracket on the seat tube when taking a
> > picture of an ex-racing bike. *That's even worse than
> > the triple crank.
>
> > I didn't get out the bike stand for a 7 year old impromptu
> > picture of my ugly bike because, well, I didn't own a
> > bike stand. *I'd still rather be caught riding this 80s relic
> > than some tri-bike maker's hellspawn. *It may offend
> > thine eyesight, but rides very well actually. *I will have to
> > get it out of the box and ride it to take a picture in front
> > of some especially scenic cactus to further discomfit RBR.
>
> > Meetings of the RBR Aesthetics Committee are held in
> > Ryan Cousineau's bike shed on every third Tuesday.
> > It's your turn to bring the biscuits. *I'll bring the tea -
> > perhaps something with a repugnant orange flavoring.
>
> Was it something I said?

You call the guy's childhood sweetheart a dog and you're wondering if
it was something you said...nah! ;)

Frederick the Great
September 20th 11, 04:45 PM
In article
Plano Dude > wrote:

> On Sep 19, 4:18Â*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd > wrote:
> > On Sep 19, 12:08Â*pm, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> >
> > > In article

> > > Posed on a tilted surface.
> > > Top tube not level.
> > > Makes the wheels appear to be different diameters;
> > > and it looks like somebody with a lazy eye.
> > > Not that it would not be ugly in any circumstance.
> >
> > Do you people want a version of the photo
> > with a grid of lines superimposed so you can do
> > photogrammetry? Â*Make it yourself for Christ's sake.
> >
> > It's not on a tilted surface - rather, the plane of the bike
> > is not parallel to the wall of the shed in the background.
> > The handlebars are a little closer to the wall than the seat.
> > That makes the shed foundation look tilted because
> > of a little perceptual oddity called "perspective."
> > And the camera wasn't leveled with the horizon so
> > you get converging verticals and the top tube isn't
> > perpendicular to the shed planks.
> >
> > All of this, IMO, is secondary to the fact that I left a
> > taillight bracket on the seat tube when taking a
> > picture of an ex-racing bike. Â*That's even worse than
> > the triple crank.
> >
> > I didn't get out the bike stand for a 7 year old impromptu
> > picture of my ugly bike because, well, I didn't own a
> > bike stand. Â*I'd still rather be caught riding this 80s relic
> > than some tri-bike maker's hellspawn. Â*It may offend
> > thine eyesight, but rides very well actually. Â*I will have to
> > get it out of the box and ride it to take a picture in front
> > of some especially scenic cactus to further discomfit RBR.
> >
> > Meetings of the RBR Aesthetics Committee are held in
> > Ryan Cousineau's bike shed on every third Tuesday.
> > It's your turn to bring the biscuits. Â*I'll bring the tea -
> > perhaps something with a repugnant orange flavoring.
> >
> > Fredmaster Ben
>
> http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/uploads/monthly_12_2010/post-94320-0-38295100-1293057536_thumb.jpg

He needs to fix that hitch in his back swing.

--
Old Fritz

Frederick the Great
September 20th 11, 09:59 PM
In article >,
Simply Fred > wrote:

> Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
> >> Fredmaster Ben
> >> RBR Aesthetics Committee Liaison
>
> atriage wrote:
> > When is the next meeting and will there be biscuits?
>
> The most tasteless biscuits imaginable.

Air biscuits.

--
Old Fritz

Fredmaster of Brainerd
September 20th 11, 10:34 PM
On Sep 20, 8:43*am, Frederick the Great > wrote:
> *Fredmaster of Brainerd > wrote:

> > > Posed on a tilted surface.
> > > Top tube not level.
> > > Makes the wheels appear to be different diameters;
> > > and it looks like somebody with a lazy eye.
> > > Not that it would not be ugly in any circumstance.
>
> > Do you people want a version of the photo
> > with a grid of lines superimposed so you can do
> > photogrammetry? *Make it yourself for Christ's sake.
>
> > It's not on a tilted surface - rather, the plane of the bike
> > is not parallel to the wall of the shed in the background.
> > The handlebars are a little closer to the wall than the seat.
> > That makes the shed foundation look tilted because
> > of a little perceptual oddity called "perspective."
> > And the camera wasn't leveled with the horizon so
> > you get converging verticals and the top tube isn't
> > perpendicular to the shed planks.
>
> > All of this, IMO, is secondary to the fact that I left a
> > taillight bracket on the seat tube when taking a
> > picture of an ex-racing bike. *That's even worse than
> > the triple crank.
>
> > I didn't get out the bike stand for a 7 year old impromptu
> > picture of my ugly bike because, well, I didn't own a
> > bike stand. *I'd still rather be caught riding this 80s relic
> > than some tri-bike maker's hellspawn. *It may offend
> > thine eyesight, but rides very well actually. *I will have to
> > get it out of the box and ride it to take a picture in front
> > of some especially scenic cactus to further discomfit RBR.
>
> > Meetings of the RBR Aesthetics Committee are held in
> > Ryan Cousineau's bike shed on every third Tuesday.
> > It's your turn to bring the biscuits. *I'll bring the tea -
> > perhaps something with a repugnant orange flavoring.
>
> Was it something I said?

Hey, it's Amurrica. You can't insult somebody's ride
with impunity. If I call my old broken down truck a junker,
it's a fond remembrance of the good times we've had
(astroturf in the bed not necessarily implied). If you
call my old broken down truck a junker, it's a cause
for beat downs in the bar parking lot.

Fortunately, I don't own a truck and am a spandex clad
wuss with no more appetite for fighting, so we can
restrict ourselves to Internet-tough-guy-flaming. While
my bike is objectively ugly, I have to push back against
the implication that I am a crap photographer who is
too drunk to even take a un-cockeyed picture of an ugly bike.

Fredmaster Ben

RicodJour[_2_]
September 20th 11, 11:44 PM
On Sep 20, 5:34*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd > wrote:
> On Sep 20, 8:43*am, Frederick the Great > wrote:
>
> > Was it something I said?
>
> Hey, it's Amurrica. *You can't insult somebody's ride
> with impunity. *If I call my old broken down truck a junker,
> it's a fond remembrance of the good times we've had
> (astroturf in the bed not necessarily implied). *If you
> call my old broken down truck a junker, it's a cause
> for beat downs in the bar parking lot.

Right. I might call my old lady a bitch, but if you call her a bitch,
we's gotta fight. Them's the rules.

> Fortunately, I don't own a truck and am a spandex clad
> wuss with no more appetite for fighting, so we can
> restrict ourselves to Internet-tough-guy-flaming. *While
> my bike is objectively ugly, I have to push back against
> the implication that I am a crap photographer who is
> too drunk to even take a un-cockeyed picture of an ugly bike.

I never thought you were a drunk - your spelling is too good, but, not
to put too fine a point on it, maybe your "objectively ugly" and "crap
photographer" designations are related due to your cockeyed-ness.

On an _entirely_ separate note, you do know that you can run down to
the corner hardware store and pick up a can of Krylon spray paint for
less than ten bucks, right? :)

Simply Fred
September 21st 11, 11:16 AM
RicodJour wrote:
> On an _entirely_ separate note, you do know that you can run down to
> the corner hardware store and pick up a can of Krylon spray paint for
> less than ten bucks, right? :)

That's as UnAmerikan as not ordering supersized. You're supposed to pay
Haliburton to do it for you.

Fredmaster of Brainerd
September 21st 11, 10:13 PM
On Sep 19, 3:03*pm, "A. Dumas" > wrote:
> Op 19-09-11 23:18, Fredmaster of Brainerd schreef:
>
> > It's your turn to bring the biscuits. *I'll bring the tea -
> > perhaps something with a repugnant orange flavoring.
>
> Orange Pekoe is my favourite tea. Really.

No doubt a Freudian slip on my part to subconsciously
suggest orange in association with tea. A repugnant
raspberry flavoring would be more plausible - I think
Celestial Seasonings actually makes those. I like
fruit, and tea, but fruit in tea is usually nasty.

As you know since you drink the stuff, Orange Pekoe
is good tea and doesn't have any oranges in it. Or
orange juice, so it won't make you any faster.

Fredmaster Ben

Fredmaster of Brainerd
September 22nd 11, 07:10 PM
On Sep 20, 3:44*pm, RicodJour > wrote:
> On Sep 20, 5:34*pm, Fredmaster of Brainerd > wrote:
>
> I never thought you were a drunk - your spelling is too good, but, not
> to put too fine a point on it, maybe your "objectively ugly" and "crap
> photographer" designations are related due to your cockeyed-ness.

My vision, unlike my aesthetic sense, is 20/20. At my
(all of our) advanced age, this is what I have left to
boast about.

> On an _entirely_ separate note, you do know that you can run down to
> the corner hardware store and pick up a can of Krylon spray paint for
> less than ten bucks, right? *:)

It's a slippery slope. From local evidence, rattle-can spray
painting an old frame inevitably leads to the purchase of
day glo aero wheels with a flip flop hub, and color-matched
handlebar grips and saddle. Then we're back to square one,
except that I'd also have to get regrettable facial hair and
a piercing.

Fredmaster Ben

atriage[_6_]
September 22nd 11, 10:08 PM
On 22/09/2011 19:10, Fredmaster of Brainerd wrote:
> Then we're back to square one,
> except that I'd also have to get regrettable facial hair and
> a piercing.

Saw one of those in my local cafe the other day, it had been raining hard all
day and him and his similar friend were soaked thru. After spending some time
chaining their bikes to a railing (why) beardy number 1 proceeded to remove most
of his saturated layers and drape them over a couple of chairs. Took his cycling
shoes off, wrang his socks (just outside the door) and then hung them over a
chair while he walked around in bare feet (beard dripping all the time). The
thing is this is an upmarket cafe with wood block flooring, stainless steel
fixtures and fittings and pretty expensive seating. The girl who owns it looked
somewhat less than enchanted by the whole thing although the two waitresses
there were succumbing to fits of giggling.
--

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home