PDA

View Full Version : Re: MORE Evolution in Action! Another Death from Mountain Biking

SebastianW
October 2nd 11, 04:44 AM
On Sep 26, 10:46*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
> So much for the alleged "healthfulness" of mountain biking....
>
> Mike
>
> http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3312292
>
> Bike racer died of natural causes
>
> Updated 2 hours ago
>
> ORO-MEDONTE TWP. - A 57-year-old Oshawa man who collapsed during a
> mountain bike event at Hardwood Ski and Bike over the weekend died of
> natural causes, an autopsy has concluded.
>
> Henry Puchala of Oshawa was riding in the Epic 8 mountain bike race as
> part of a relay at Hardwood Hills Saturday afternoon. He was part of a
> four-person team in the event where participants were required to
> complete a 10- kilometre mountain bike loop.
>
> He collapsed and race personnel used an on-site defibrillator while
> waiting for paramedics to arrive. He was rushed to Soldiers' Memorial
> Hospital in Orillia where he was pronounced dead.

Ok, so a 57 year old man died during a mountain bike race, with the
autopsy determining his death to be of natural causes. That's tragic.
Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is entirely
unfounded. At no point does it say that he died as a result of his
participation in Mountain Biking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_exercise

Under the examples of aerobic exercise listed is Cycling, which
encompasses both on and off-road riding

http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html

Mountain biking, as an aerobic activity, would therefore be part of a
healthy lifestyle for an adult age 18-64.

Please do not respond to this post by saying "did you say something?",
as you so often do, ignoring someone's statements in that manner is
simply a method of admitting that they are right. I would much prefer
you to actually comment upon what I (and others have to say), so that
we can engage in a proper, intelligent discussion or debate.

SW

October 2nd 11, 02:51 PM
On Oct 1, 11:44*pm, SebastianW > wrote:
> On Sep 26, 10:46*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
>

> > So much for the alleged "healthfulness" of mountain biking....
>
> > Mike
>
> >http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3312292
>
> > Bike racer died of natural causes
>
> > Updated 2 hours ago
>
> > ORO-MEDONTE TWP. - A 57-year-old Oshawa man who collapsed during a
> > mountain bike event at Hardwood Ski and Bike over the weekend died of
> > natural causes, an autopsy has concluded.
>
> > Henry Puchala of Oshawa was riding in the Epic 8 mountain bike race as
> > part of a relay at Hardwood Hills Saturday afternoon. He was part of a
> > four-person team in the event where participants were required to
> > complete a 10- kilometre mountain bike loop.
>
> > He collapsed and race personnel used an on-site defibrillator while
> > waiting for paramedics to arrive. He was rushed to Soldiers' Memorial
> > Hospital in Orillia where he was pronounced dead.
>
> Ok, so a *57 year old man died during a mountain bike race, with the
> autopsy determining his death to be of natural causes. That's tragic.
> Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is entirely
> unfounded. At no point does it say that he died as a result of his
> participation in Mountain Biking.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_exercise
>
> Under the examples of aerobic exercise listed is Cycling, which
> encompasses both on and off-road riding
>
> http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html
>
> Mountain biking, as an aerobic activity, would therefore be part of a
> healthy lifestyle for an adult age 18-64.
>
> Please do not respond to this post by saying "did you say something?",
> as you so often do, ignoring someone's statements in that manner is
> simply a method of admitting that they are right. I would much prefer
> you to actually comment upon what I (and others have to say), so that
> we can engage in a proper, intelligent discussion or debate.
>
> SW

Trying to reason with Mikey is pouring sand down a hole. But you knew
that.

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
October 2nd 11, 06:17 PM
On Oct 1, 8:44*pm, SebastianW > wrote:
> On Sep 26, 10:46*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
>

> > So much for the alleged "healthfulness" of mountain biking....
>
> > Mike
>
> >http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3312292
>
> > Bike racer died of natural causes
>
> > Updated 2 hours ago
>
> > ORO-MEDONTE TWP. - A 57-year-old Oshawa man who collapsed during a
> > mountain bike event at Hardwood Ski and Bike over the weekend died of
> > natural causes, an autopsy has concluded.
>
> > Henry Puchala of Oshawa was riding in the Epic 8 mountain bike race as
> > part of a relay at Hardwood Hills Saturday afternoon. He was part of a
> > four-person team in the event where participants were required to
> > complete a 10- kilometre mountain bike loop.
>
> > He collapsed and race personnel used an on-site defibrillator while
> > waiting for paramedics to arrive. He was rushed to Soldiers' Memorial
> > Hospital in Orillia where he was pronounced dead.
>
> Ok, so a *57 year old man died during a mountain bike race, with the
> autopsy determining his death to be of natural causes. That's tragic.
> Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is entirely
> unfounded. At no point does it say that he died as a result of his
> participation in Mountain Biking.

Because it's too obvious. They expect you to be able to add one and
one.

> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_exercise
>
> Under the examples of aerobic exercise listed is Cycling, which
> encompasses both on and off-road riding

Liar. They don't mention mountain biking, which is extremely dangerous
and hence UN-healthful, as well as being UN-healthful for people who
get run into by mountain bikers. Why can't mountain bikers EVER tell
the truth???

> http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html
>
> Mountain biking, as an aerobic activity, would therefore be part of a
> healthy lifestyle for an adult age 18-64.

BS. They don't mention mountain biking, OF COURSE.

> Please do not respond to this post by saying "did you say something?",
> as you so often do, ignoring someone's statements in that manner is
> simply a method of admitting that they are right. I would much prefer
> you to actually comment upon what I (and others have to say), so that
> we can engage in a proper, intelligent discussion or debate.

How "intelligent" is it to LIE???? You are being utterly dishonest. No
reputable health professional would claim that mountain biking is
healthful (use the correct term: aerobic exercise (except for mountain
biking) is healthful, not healthy).

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
October 2nd 11, 06:18 PM
On Oct 2, 6:51*am, "
> wrote:
> On Oct 1, 11:44*pm, SebastianW > wrote:
>

> > On Sep 26, 10:46*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
>
> > > So much for the alleged "healthfulness" of mountain biking....
>
> > > Mike
>
> > >http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3312292
>
> > > Bike racer died of natural causes
>
> > > Updated 2 hours ago
>
> > > ORO-MEDONTE TWP. - A 57-year-old Oshawa man who collapsed during a
> > > mountain bike event at Hardwood Ski and Bike over the weekend died of
> > > natural causes, an autopsy has concluded.
>
> > > Henry Puchala of Oshawa was riding in the Epic 8 mountain bike race as
> > > part of a relay at Hardwood Hills Saturday afternoon. He was part of a
> > > four-person team in the event where participants were required to
> > > complete a 10- kilometre mountain bike loop.
>
> > > He collapsed and race personnel used an on-site defibrillator while
> > > waiting for paramedics to arrive. He was rushed to Soldiers' Memorial
> > > Hospital in Orillia where he was pronounced dead.
>
> > Ok, so a *57 year old man died during a mountain bike race, with the
> > autopsy determining his death to be of natural causes. That's tragic.
> > Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is entirely
> > unfounded. At no point does it say that he died as a result of his
> > participation in Mountain Biking.
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_exercise
>
> > Under the examples of aerobic exercise listed is Cycling, which
> > encompasses both on and off-road riding
>
> >http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html
>
> > Mountain biking, as an aerobic activity, would therefore be part of a
> > healthy lifestyle for an adult age 18-64.
>
> > Please do not respond to this post by saying "did you say something?",
> > as you so often do, ignoring someone's statements in that manner is
> > simply a method of admitting that they are right. I would much prefer
> > you to actually comment upon what I (and others have to say), so that
> > we can engage in a proper, intelligent discussion or debate.
>
> > SW
>
> Trying to reason with Mikey is pouring sand down a hole.

How would you know? Mountain bikers are incapable of reasoning.

SebastianW
October 2nd 11, 07:06 PM
On Oct 2, 10:17*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
> On Oct 1, 8:44*pm, SebastianW > wrote:
>

> > On Sep 26, 10:46*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
>
> > > So much for the alleged "healthfulness" of mountain biking....
>
> > > Mike
>
> > >http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3312292
>
> > > Bike racer died of natural causes
>
> > > Updated 2 hours ago
>
> > > ORO-MEDONTE TWP. - A 57-year-old Oshawa man who collapsed during a
> > > mountain bike event at Hardwood Ski and Bike over the weekend died of
> > > natural causes, an autopsy has concluded.
>
> > > Henry Puchala of Oshawa was riding in the Epic 8 mountain bike race as
> > > part of a relay at Hardwood Hills Saturday afternoon. He was part of a
> > > four-person team in the event where participants were required to
> > > complete a 10- kilometre mountain bike loop.
>
> > > He collapsed and race personnel used an on-site defibrillator while
> > > waiting for paramedics to arrive. He was rushed to Soldiers' Memorial
> > > Hospital in Orillia where he was pronounced dead.
>
> > Ok, so a *57 year old man died during a mountain bike race, with the
> > autopsy determining his death to be of natural causes. That's tragic.
> > Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is entirely
> > unfounded. At no point does it say that he died as a result of his
> > participation in Mountain Biking.
>
> Because it's too obvious. They expect you to be able to add one and
> one.
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_exercise
>
> > Under the examples of aerobic exercise listed is Cycling, which
> > encompasses both on and off-road riding
>
> Liar. They don't mention mountain biking, which is extremely dangerous
> and hence UN-healthful, as well as being UN-healthful for people who
> get run into by mountain bikers. Why can't mountain bikers EVER tell
> the truth???
>
> >http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html
>
> > Mountain biking, as an aerobic activity, would therefore be part of a
> > healthy lifestyle for an adult age 18-64.
>
> BS. They don't mention mountain biking, OF COURSE.
>
> > Please do not respond to this post by saying "did you say something?",
> > as you so often do, ignoring someone's statements in that manner is
> > simply a method of admitting that they are right. I would much prefer
> > you to actually comment upon what I (and others have to say), so that
> > we can engage in a proper, intelligent discussion or debate.
>
> How "intelligent" is it to LIE???? You are being utterly dishonest. No
> reputable health professional would claim that mountain biking is
> healthful (use the correct term: aerobic exercise (except for mountain
> biking) is healthful, not healthy).

No, under cycling it does in fact include mountain biking. And while
the second article doesn't mention mountain biking, it mentions
aerobic activity, of which we know mountain biking is a part of. Its
adding one and one, like you so nicely put above.

And please point out where I have lied, I would be very interested to
hear it.

SebastianW
October 2nd 11, 07:19 PM
On Oct 2, 10:17*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
> On Oct 1, 8:44*pm, SebastianW > wrote:
>

> > On Sep 26, 10:46*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
>
> > > So much for the alleged "healthfulness" of mountain biking....
>
> > > Mike
>
> > >http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3312292
>
> > > Bike racer died of natural causes
>
> > > Updated 2 hours ago
>
> > > ORO-MEDONTE TWP. - A 57-year-old Oshawa man who collapsed during a
> > > mountain bike event at Hardwood Ski and Bike over the weekend died of
> > > natural causes, an autopsy has concluded.
>
> > > Henry Puchala of Oshawa was riding in the Epic 8 mountain bike race as
> > > part of a relay at Hardwood Hills Saturday afternoon. He was part of a
> > > four-person team in the event where participants were required to
> > > complete a 10- kilometre mountain bike loop.
>
> > > He collapsed and race personnel used an on-site defibrillator while
> > > waiting for paramedics to arrive. He was rushed to Soldiers' Memorial
> > > Hospital in Orillia where he was pronounced dead.
>
> > Ok, so a *57 year old man died during a mountain bike race, with the
> > autopsy determining his death to be of natural causes. That's tragic.
> > Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is entirely
> > unfounded. At no point does it say that he died as a result of his
> > participation in Mountain Biking.
>
> Because it's too obvious. They expect you to be able to add one and
> one.
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_exercise
>
> > Under the examples of aerobic exercise listed is Cycling, which
> > encompasses both on and off-road riding
>
> Liar. They don't mention mountain biking, which is extremely dangerous
> and hence UN-healthful, as well as being UN-healthful for people who
> get run into by mountain bikers. Why can't mountain bikers EVER tell
> the truth???
>
> >http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html
>
> > Mountain biking, as an aerobic activity, would therefore be part of a
> > healthy lifestyle for an adult age 18-64.
>
> BS. They don't mention mountain biking, OF COURSE.
>
> > Please do not respond to this post by saying "did you say something?",
> > as you so often do, ignoring someone's statements in that manner is
> > simply a method of admitting that they are right. I would much prefer
> > you to actually comment upon what I (and others have to say), so that
> > we can engage in a proper, intelligent discussion or debate.
>
> How "intelligent" is it to LIE???? You are being utterly dishonest. No
> reputable health professional would claim that mountain biking is
> healthful (use the correct term: aerobic exercise (except for mountain
> biking) is healthful, not healthy).

http://www.sportsci.org/encyc/suddendeath/suddendeath.html

Furthermore, sudden death during exercise is something that can occur
during any aerobic activity. The fact that the man in the article died
while mountain biking is unrelated, he could have easily done the same
thing whilst running, swimming, skiing, or any other activity of a
similar effort level.

http://www.ressac.org/the-best-mountain-bikes-for-a-healthy-lifestyle.html

http://www.zingmag.net/index.php/ZiNGLIAT/Healthy-Lifestyle-Mountain-biking..html

And above are links to articles citing mountain biking as being part
of a healthy lifestyle.

SebastianW
October 2nd 11, 08:13 PM
On Oct 2, 10:17*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
> On Oct 1, 8:44*pm, SebastianW > wrote:
>

> > On Sep 26, 10:46*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
>
> > > So much for the alleged "healthfulness" of mountain biking....
>
> > > Mike
>
> > >http://www.thebarrieexaminer.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=3312292
>
> > > Bike racer died of natural causes
>
> > > Updated 2 hours ago
>
> > > ORO-MEDONTE TWP. - A 57-year-old Oshawa man who collapsed during a
> > > mountain bike event at Hardwood Ski and Bike over the weekend died of
> > > natural causes, an autopsy has concluded.
>
> > > Henry Puchala of Oshawa was riding in the Epic 8 mountain bike race as
> > > part of a relay at Hardwood Hills Saturday afternoon. He was part of a
> > > four-person team in the event where participants were required to
> > > complete a 10- kilometre mountain bike loop.
>
> > > He collapsed and race personnel used an on-site defibrillator while
> > > waiting for paramedics to arrive. He was rushed to Soldiers' Memorial
> > > Hospital in Orillia where he was pronounced dead.
>
> > Ok, so a *57 year old man died during a mountain bike race, with the
> > autopsy determining his death to be of natural causes. That's tragic.
> > Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is entirely
> > unfounded. At no point does it say that he died as a result of his
> > participation in Mountain Biking.
>
> Because it's too obvious. They expect you to be able to add one and
> one.
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_exercise
>
> > Under the examples of aerobic exercise listed is Cycling, which
> > encompasses both on and off-road riding
>
> Liar. They don't mention mountain biking, which is extremely dangerous
> and hence UN-healthful, as well as being UN-healthful for people who
> get run into by mountain bikers. Why can't mountain bikers EVER tell
> the truth???
>
> >http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html
>
> > Mountain biking, as an aerobic activity, would therefore be part of a
> > healthy lifestyle for an adult age 18-64.
>
> BS. They don't mention mountain biking, OF COURSE.
>
> > Please do not respond to this post by saying "did you say something?",
> > as you so often do, ignoring someone's statements in that manner is
> > simply a method of admitting that they are right. I would much prefer
> > you to actually comment upon what I (and others have to say), so that
> > we can engage in a proper, intelligent discussion or debate.
>
> How "intelligent" is it to LIE???? You are being utterly dishonest. No
> reputable health professional would claim that mountain biking is
> healthful (use the correct term: aerobic exercise (except for mountain
> biking) is healthful, not healthy).

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/healthy

Under the definition of healthy; "conducive to good health;
healthful: healthy recreations."

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/healthful

Under the definition of healthful; conducive to health; "1. wholesome
or salutary: a healthful diet.
2. healthy."

They are synonyms, which means that they are interchangeable.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/synonyms

Either is correct. And from now on please refrain from lecturing me on
my grammar or diction, it does not pertain to the discussion and
simply appears petty.

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
October 3rd 11, 03:14 AM
On Oct 2, 11:06*am, SebastianW > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 10:17*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:

> > > Ok, so a *57 year old man died during a mountain bike race, with the
> > > autopsy determining his death to be of natural causes. That's tragic.
> > > Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is entirely
> > > unfounded. At no point does it say that he died as a result of his
> > > participation in Mountain Biking.
>
> > Because it's too obvious. They expect you to be able to add one and
> > one.
>
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_exercise
>
> > > Under the examples of aerobic exercise listed is Cycling, which
> > > encompasses both on and off-road riding
>
> > Liar. They don't mention mountain biking, which is extremely dangerous
> > and hence UN-healthful, as well as being UN-healthful for people who
> > get run into by mountain bikers. Why can't mountain bikers EVER tell
> > the truth???
>
> > >http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html
>
> > > Mountain biking, as an aerobic activity, would therefore be part of a
> > > healthy lifestyle for an adult age 18-64.
>
> > BS. They don't mention mountain biking, OF COURSE.
>
> > > Please do not respond to this post by saying "did you say something?",
> > > as you so often do, ignoring someone's statements in that manner is
> > > simply a method of admitting that they are right. I would much prefer
> > > you to actually comment upon what I (and others have to say), so that
> > > we can engage in a proper, intelligent discussion or debate.
>
> > How "intelligent" is it to LIE???? You are being utterly dishonest. No
> > reputable health professional would claim that mountain biking is
> > healthful (use the correct term: aerobic exercise (except for mountain
> > biking) is healthful, not healthy).
>
> No, under cycling it does in fact include mountain biking. And while
> the second article doesn't mention mountain biking, it mentions
> aerobic activity, of which we know mountain biking is a part of. Its
> adding one and one, like you so nicely put above.
>
> And please point out where I have lied, I would be very interested to
> hear it.- Hide quoted text -

"Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is
entirely
unfounded."

It's a blatant lie. It completely ignores the harm that mountain
biking does, including serious injuries and deaths It's pretty hard to
ignore that, but you managed to do it!

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
October 3rd 11, 03:19 AM
On Oct 2, 11:19*am, SebastianW > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 10:17*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:

> > > Ok, so a *57 year old man died during a mountain bike race, with the
> > > autopsy determining his death to be of natural causes. That's tragic.
> > > Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is entirely
> > > unfounded. At no point does it say that he died as a result of his
> > > participation in Mountain Biking.
>
> > Because it's too obvious. They expect you to be able to add one and
> > one.
>
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_exercise
>
> > > Under the examples of aerobic exercise listed is Cycling, which
> > > encompasses both on and off-road riding
>
> > Liar. They don't mention mountain biking, which is extremely dangerous
> > and hence UN-healthful, as well as being UN-healthful for people who
> > get run into by mountain bikers. Why can't mountain bikers EVER tell
> > the truth???
>
> > >http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html
>
> > > Mountain biking, as an aerobic activity, would therefore be part of a
> > > healthy lifestyle for an adult age 18-64.
>
> > BS. They don't mention mountain biking, OF COURSE.
>
> > > Please do not respond to this post by saying "did you say something?",
> > > as you so often do, ignoring someone's statements in that manner is
> > > simply a method of admitting that they are right. I would much prefer
> > > you to actually comment upon what I (and others have to say), so that
> > > we can engage in a proper, intelligent discussion or debate.
>
> > How "intelligent" is it to LIE???? You are being utterly dishonest. No
> > reputable health professional would claim that mountain biking is
> > healthful (use the correct term: aerobic exercise (except for mountain
> > biking) is healthful, not healthy).
>
> http://www.sportsci.org/encyc/suddendeath/suddendeath.html
>
> Furthermore, sudden death during exercise is something that can occur
> during any aerobic activity. The fact that the man in the article died
> while mountain biking is unrelated, he could have easily done the same
> thing whilst running, swimming, skiing, or any other activity of a
> similar effort level.

That's just speculation. The fact is that they died while mountain
biking, not anything else.

> http://www.ressac.org/the-best-mountain-bikes-for-a-healthy-lifestyle...
>
> http://www.zingmag.net/index.php/ZiNGLIAT/Healthy-Lifestyle-Mountain-...
>
> And above are links to articles citing mountain biking as being part
> of a healthy lifestyle.

But we both know that it's a LIE, because it completely ignores the
downside. That's not honest. But nothing new, for mountain bikers.

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
October 3rd 11, 03:21 AM
On Oct 2, 12:13*pm, SebastianW > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 10:17*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:

> > > Ok, so a *57 year old man died during a mountain bike race, with the
> > > autopsy determining his death to be of natural causes. That's tragic.
> > > Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is entirely
> > > unfounded. At no point does it say that he died as a result of his
> > > participation in Mountain Biking.
>
> > Because it's too obvious. They expect you to be able to add one and
> > one.
>
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_exercise
>
> > > Under the examples of aerobic exercise listed is Cycling, which
> > > encompasses both on and off-road riding
>
> > Liar. They don't mention mountain biking, which is extremely dangerous
> > and hence UN-healthful, as well as being UN-healthful for people who
> > get run into by mountain bikers. Why can't mountain bikers EVER tell
> > the truth???
>
> > >http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html
>
> > > Mountain biking, as an aerobic activity, would therefore be part of a
> > > healthy lifestyle for an adult age 18-64.
>
> > BS. They don't mention mountain biking, OF COURSE.
>
> > > Please do not respond to this post by saying "did you say something?",
> > > as you so often do, ignoring someone's statements in that manner is
> > > simply a method of admitting that they are right. I would much prefer
> > > you to actually comment upon what I (and others have to say), so that
> > > we can engage in a proper, intelligent discussion or debate.
>
> > How "intelligent" is it to LIE???? You are being utterly dishonest. No
> > reputable health professional would claim that mountain biking is
> > healthful (use the correct term: aerobic exercise (except for mountain
> > biking) is healthful, not healthy).
>
> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/healthy
>
> Under the definition of healthy; "conducive to good health;
> healthful: healthy recreations."
>
> http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/healthful
>
> Under the definition of healthful; conducive to health; "1. wholesome
> or salutary: a healthful diet.
> 2. healthy."
>
> They are synonyms, which means that they are interchangeable.http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/synonyms
>
> Either is correct. And from now on please refrain from lecturing me on
> my grammar or diction, it does not pertain to the discussion and
> simply appears petty.

We both know I'm right. It's just more evidence that you don't know
what you are talking about.

SebastianW
October 3rd 11, 03:57 AM
On Oct 2, 7:14*pm, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 11:06*am, SebastianW > wrote:

> > > Because it's too obvious. They expect you to be able to add one and
> > > one.

> > > Liar. They don't mention mountain biking, which is extremely dangerous
> > > and hence UN-healthful, as well as being UN-healthful for people who
> > > get run into by mountain bikers. Why can't mountain bikers EVER tell
> > > the truth???

> > > BS. They don't mention mountain biking, OF COURSE.

> > > How "intelligent" is it to LIE???? You are being utterly dishonest. No
> > > reputable health professional would claim that mountain biking is
> > > healthful (use the correct term: aerobic exercise (except for mountain
> > > biking) is healthful, not healthy).
>
> > No, under cycling it does in fact include mountain biking. And while
> > the second article doesn't mention mountain biking, it mentions
> > aerobic activity, of which we know mountain biking is a part of. Its
> > adding one and one, like you so nicely put above.
>
> > And please point out where I have lied, I would be very interested to
> > hear it.- Hide quoted text -

> "Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is
> entirely
> unfounded."
>
> It's a blatant lie. It completely ignores the harm that mountain
> biking does, including serious injuries and deaths It's pretty hard to
> ignore that, but you managed to do it!

I'm recognizing the possibility of injury, but aside from that it is a
healthy activity, being a form of exercise.

SebastianW
October 3rd 11, 03:57 AM
On Oct 2, 7:21*pm, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 12:13*pm, SebastianW > wrote:

> > > Because it's too obvious. They expect you to be able to add one and
> > > one.

> > > Liar. They don't mention mountain biking, which is extremely dangerous
> > > and hence UN-healthful, as well as being UN-healthful for people who
> > > get run into by mountain bikers. Why can't mountain bikers EVER tell
> > > the truth???

> > > BS. They don't mention mountain biking, OF COURSE.

> > > How "intelligent" is it to LIE???? You are being utterly dishonest. No
> > > reputable health professional would claim that mountain biking is
> > > healthful (use the correct term: aerobic exercise (except for mountain
> > > biking) is healthful, not healthy).
>
> >http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/healthy
>
> > Under the definition of healthy; "conducive to good health;
> > healthful: healthy recreations."
>
> >http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/healthful
>
> > Under the definition of healthful; conducive to health; "1. wholesome
> > or salutary: a healthful diet.
> > 2. healthy."
>
> > They are synonyms, which means that they are interchangeable.http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/synonyms
>
> > Either is correct. And from now on please refrain from lecturing me on
> > my grammar or diction, it does not pertain to the discussion and
> > simply appears petty.
>
> We both know I'm right. It's just more evidence that you don't know
> what you are talking about.

Why are you right? Instead of just saying you are, justify your
statements for a change.

SebastianW
October 3rd 11, 04:06 AM
On Oct 2, 7:19*pm, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 11:19*am, SebastianW > wrote:

> > > Because it's too obvious. They expect you to be able to add one and
> > > one.

> > > Liar. They don't mention mountain biking, which is extremely dangerous
> > > and hence UN-healthful, as well as being UN-healthful for people who
> > > get run into by mountain bikers. Why can't mountain bikers EVER tell
> > > the truth???

> > > BS. They don't mention mountain biking, OF COURSE.

> > > How "intelligent" is it to LIE???? You are being utterly dishonest. No
> > > reputable health professional would claim that mountain biking is
> > > healthful (use the correct term: aerobic exercise (except for mountain
> > > biking) is healthful, not healthy).
>
> >http://www.sportsci.org/encyc/suddendeath/suddendeath.html
>
> > Furthermore, sudden death during exercise is something that can occur
> > during any aerobic activity. The fact that the man in the article died
> > while mountain biking is unrelated, he could have easily done the same
> > thing whilst running, swimming, skiing, or any other activity of a
> > similar effort level.
>
> That's just speculation. The fact is that they died while mountain
> biking, not anything else.
>
> >http://www.ressac.org/the-best-mountain-bikes-for-a-healthy-lifestyle...
>
> >http://www.zingmag.net/index.php/ZiNGLIAT/Healthy-Lifestyle-Mountain-...
>
> > And above are links to articles citing mountain biking as being part
> > of a healthy lifestyle.
>
> But we both know that it's a LIE, because it completely ignores the
> downside. That's not honest. But nothing new, for mountain bikers.

How is that speculation? Mountain biking is no different from any
aerobic activity in that sense.

The focus of the articles is on the health benefits of mountain
biking, not the potential downsides associated with crashes. And
mountain biking at a low level of difficulty, meaning riding trails
that are intended for beginners, is not typically risky. One does not
have to go fast to get a work out from riding.

And furthermore, your use of the term to lie is completely wrong.
lying is stating something that is untrue, whilst knowing that it is.
Stating something that is incorrect without knowing that it is, is
just being wrong. That's not dishonest, that's a misunderstanding. The
vast majority of people you are accusing of lying genuinely believe
what they are telling you, so they therefore are not lying. They could
be wrong, but that's not at all the same thing

Edward Dolan
October 3rd 11, 07:37 AM
"SebastianW" > wrote in message
On Oct 2, 7:14 pm, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 11:06 am, SebastianW > wrote:
[...]
> "Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is
> entirely
> unfounded."
>
>> It's a blatant lie. It completely ignores the harm that mountain
> biking does, including serious injuries and deaths It's pretty hard to
> ignore that, but you managed to do it!

>>> I'm recognizing the possibility of injury, but aside from that it is a
healthy activity, being a form of exercise.

Listen up you confounded moron ... it is NOT a healthy activity if cyclists
are being injured and killed. It is actually an insane sport which only
numbskulls would ever undertake. There are thousands of activities that are
a form of exercise that do not involve injury and death. Grow up why don't
you!

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan
October 3rd 11, 07:55 AM
"SebastianW" > wrote in message
[...]
> The focus of the articles is on the health benefits of mountain
biking, not the potential downsides associated with crashes. And
mountain biking at a low level of difficulty, meaning riding trails
that are intended for beginners, is not typically risky. One does not
have to go fast to get a work out from riding.

Mountain biking is risky no matter the level of difficulty. You can get an
excellent work out by riding roads and streets.

> And furthermore, your use of the term to lie is completely wrong.
lying is stating something that is untrue, whilst knowing that it is.
Stating something that is incorrect without knowing that it is, is
just being wrong. That's not dishonest, that's a misunderstanding. The
vast majority of people you are accusing of lying genuinely believe
what they are telling you, so they therefore are not lying. They could
be wrong, but that's not at all the same thing

Both Mr. Vandeman and I believe that is not the case. Mountain bikers select
their facts and articles just like you do to make their case, always
ignoring everything that would not show them in a good light. By not being
inclusive and ignoring contrary evidence, you are indeed lying and being
dishonest.

Mountain biking accidents and deaths are out of all proportion to any other
activity that I can think of that is not suicidal in nature. If cyclists
knew the truth, no one sane and sensible would ever engage in such a moronic
sport.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

October 3rd 11, 04:09 PM
On Oct 2, 1:18*pm, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 6:51*am, "
>

> > wrote:

> > > Ok, so a *57 year old man died during a mountain bike race, with the
> > > autopsy determining his death to be of natural causes. That's tragic.
> > > Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is entirely
> > > unfounded. At no point does it say that he died as a result of his
> > > participation in Mountain Biking.
>
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_exercise
>
> > > Under the examples of aerobic exercise listed is Cycling, which
> > > encompasses both on and off-road riding
>
> > >http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html
>
> > > Mountain biking, as an aerobic activity, would therefore be part of a
> > > healthy lifestyle for an adult age 18-64.
>
> > > Please do not respond to this post by saying "did you say something?",
> > > as you so often do, ignoring someone's statements in that manner is
> > > simply a method of admitting that they are right. I would much prefer
> > > you to actually comment upon what I (and others have to say), so that
> > > we can engage in a proper, intelligent discussion or debate.
>
> > > SW
>
> > Trying to reason with Mikey is pouring sand down a hole.
>
> How would you know? Mountain bikers are incapable of reasoning.

October 3rd 11, 04:10 PM
On Oct 2, 1:18*pm, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 6:51*am, "
>

> > wrote:

> > > Ok, so a *57 year old man died during a mountain bike race, with the
> > > autopsy determining his death to be of natural causes. That's tragic.
> > > Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is entirely
> > > unfounded. At no point does it say that he died as a result of his
> > > participation in Mountain Biking.
>
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aerobic_exercise
>
> > > Under the examples of aerobic exercise listed is Cycling, which
> > > encompasses both on and off-road riding
>
> > >http://www.cdc.gov/physicalactivity/everyone/guidelines/adults.html
>
> > > Mountain biking, as an aerobic activity, would therefore be part of a
> > > healthy lifestyle for an adult age 18-64.
>
> > > Please do not respond to this post by saying "did you say something?",
> > > as you so often do, ignoring someone's statements in that manner is
> > > simply a method of admitting that they are right. I would much prefer
> > > you to actually comment upon what I (and others have to say), so that
> > > we can engage in a proper, intelligent discussion or debate.
>
> > > SW
>
> > Trying to reason with Mikey is pouring sand down a hole.
>
> How would you know? Mountain bikers are incapable of reasoning.

For the 639th time, I do not have, have never used nor do I know
anyone who has or uses a mountain bike. That, by your psychotic non-
think, defines me as capable of reason. How come you are not?

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
October 3rd 11, 06:17 PM
On Oct 2, 7:57*pm, SebastianW > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 7:14*pm, Mike Vandeman > wrote:

> > > No, under cycling it does in fact include mountain biking. And while
> > > the second article doesn't mention mountain biking, it mentions
> > > aerobic activity, of which we know mountain biking is a part of. Its
> > > adding one and one, like you so nicely put above.
>
> > > And please point out where I have lied, I would be very interested to
> > > hear it.- Hide quoted text -

> > "Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is
> > entirely
> > unfounded."
>
> > It's a blatant lie. It completely ignores the harm that mountain
> > biking does, including serious injuries and deaths It's pretty hard to
> > ignore that, but you managed to do it!
>
> I'm recognizing the possibility of injury, but aside from that it is a
> healthy activity, being a form of exercise.

That's like saying that smoking is a healthy activity because it
involves hand- and arm exercise.

How "healthy" can mountain biking be, if you end up dead?! You make no
sense. You can't have only the healthful part, and avoid all the
unhealthful parts.

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
October 3rd 11, 06:19 PM
On Oct 2, 8:06*pm, SebastianW > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 7:19*pm, Mike Vandeman > wrote:

> > >http://www.sportsci.org/encyc/suddendeath/suddendeath.html
>
> > > Furthermore, sudden death during exercise is something that can occur
> > > during any aerobic activity. The fact that the man in the article died
> > > while mountain biking is unrelated, he could have easily done the same
> > > thing whilst running, swimming, skiing, or any other activity of a
> > > similar effort level.
>
> > That's just speculation. The fact is that they died while mountain
> > biking, not anything else.
>
> > >http://www.ressac.org/the-best-mountain-bikes-for-a-healthy-lifestyle....
>
> > >http://www.zingmag.net/index.php/ZiNGLIAT/Healthy-Lifestyle-Mountain-....
>
> > > And above are links to articles citing mountain biking as being part
> > > of a healthy lifestyle.
>
> > But we both know that it's a LIE, because it completely ignores the
> > downside. That's not honest. But nothing new, for mountain bikers.
>
> How is that speculation? Mountain biking is no different from any
> aerobic activity in that sense.
>
> The focus of the articles is on the health benefits of mountain
> biking, not the potential downsides associated with crashes. And
> mountain biking at a low level of difficulty, meaning riding trails
> that are intended for beginners, is not typically risky. One does not
> have to go fast to get a work out from riding.
>
> And furthermore, your use of the term to lie is completely wrong.
> lying is stating something that is untrue, whilst knowing that it is.

OR, without KNOWING that it is true: in reckless disregard of the
truth.

> Stating something that is incorrect without knowing that it is, is
> just being wrong. That's not dishonest, that's a misunderstanding. The
> vast majority of people you are accusing of lying genuinely believe
> what they are telling you, so they therefore are not lying. They could
> be wrong, but that's not at all the same thing-

Claiming something that you don't KNOW to be true is a form of lying.

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
October 3rd 11, 06:23 PM
On Oct 2, 11:55*pm, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
> "SebastianW" > wrote in message

> [...]> The focus of the articles is on the health benefits of mountain
>
> biking, not the potential downsides associated with crashes. And
> mountain biking at a low level of difficulty, meaning riding trails
> that are intended for beginners, is not typically risky. One does not
> have to go fast to get a work out from riding.
>
> Mountain biking is risky no matter the level of difficulty. You can get an
> excellent work out by riding roads and streets.
>
> > And furthermore, your use of the term to lie is completely wrong.
>
> lying is stating something that is untrue, whilst knowing that it is.
> Stating something that is incorrect without knowing that it is, is
> just being wrong. That's not dishonest, that's a misunderstanding. The
> vast majority of people you are accusing of lying genuinely believe
> what they are telling you, so they therefore are not lying. They could
> be wrong, but that's not at all the same thing
>
> Both Mr. Vandeman and I believe that is not the case. Mountain bikers select
> their facts and articles just like you do to make their case, always
> ignoring everything that would not show them in a good light. By not being
> inclusive and ignoring contrary evidence, you are indeed lying and being
> dishonest.
>
> Mountain biking accidents and deaths are out of all proportion to any other
> activity that I can think of that is not suicidal in nature. If cyclists
> knew the truth, no one sane and sensible would ever engage in such a moronic
> sport.

A good analogy is Russian Roulette. Mountain biking is like the
"sport" of Russian Roulette. SebastianW would say that Russian
Roulette is healthy exercise, because you have to move your finger....

> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

SebastianW
October 4th 11, 08:32 AM
On Oct 2, 11:55*pm, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
> "SebastianW" > wrote in message

> [...]> The focus of the articles is on the health benefits of mountain
>
> biking, not the potential downsides associated with crashes. And
> mountain biking at a low level of difficulty, meaning riding trails
> that are intended for beginners, is not typically risky. One does not
> have to go fast to get a work out from riding.
>
> Mountain biking is risky no matter the level of difficulty. You can get an
> excellent work out by riding roads and streets.
>
> > And furthermore, your use of the term to lie is completely wrong.
>
> lying is stating something that is untrue, whilst knowing that it is.
> Stating something that is incorrect without knowing that it is, is
> just being wrong. That's not dishonest, that's a misunderstanding. The
> vast majority of people you are accusing of lying genuinely believe
> what they are telling you, so they therefore are not lying. They could
> be wrong, but that's not at all the same thing
>
> Both Mr. Vandeman and I believe that is not the case. Mountain bikers select
> their facts and articles just like you do to make their case, always
> ignoring everything that would not show them in a good light. By not being
> inclusive and ignoring contrary evidence, you are indeed lying and being
> dishonest.
>
> Mountain biking accidents and deaths are out of all proportion to any other
> activity that I can think of that is not suicidal in nature. If cyclists
> knew the truth, no one sane and sensible would ever engage in such a moronic
> sport.
>
> --
> Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota

> aka
> Saint Edward the Great - Order of the Perpetual Sorrows - Minnesota

Care to post some statistics that support your claims?

SebastianW
October 4th 11, 08:54 AM
On Oct 3, 10:17*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
> On Oct 2, 7:57*pm, SebastianW > wrote:

> > > "Your claim that mountain biking is not a healthy activity is
> > > entirely
> > > unfounded."
>
> > > It's a blatant lie. It completely ignores the harm that mountain
> > > biking does, including serious injuries and deaths It's pretty hard to
> > > ignore that, but you managed to do it!
>
> > I'm recognizing the possibility of injury, but aside from that it is a
> > healthy activity, being a form of exercise.
>
> That's like saying that smoking is a healthy activity because it
> involves hand- and arm exercise.
>
> How "healthy" can mountain biking be, if you end up dead?! You make no
> sense. You can't have only the healthful part, and avoid all the
> unhealthful parts.

I could ride several times a week at high intensity, for a total of
say 5 hours, and maintain a good level of fitness. To maintain that
same level by putting a cigarette too one'd mouth would take 10s of
thousands of repetitions, not to mention 100s of cigarettes, if indeed
that is even possible, which I doubt to be honest based on how absurd
it is.
I chalenge
Furthermore, smoking cigarettes is a major cause of lung cancer, a
highly lethal disease. There are innumerable scientific papers with
findings that suggest that this is correct. That has been proved and
verified to the point of it being assumed factual knowledge.

I challenge you to find a suncle study relating mountain biking to an
increased mortality rate. As an activity with certain risks involved,
one can only assume it would, to a small extent, but the way in which
you talk about it you make it sound like riders are dying everyday in
huge numbers. Prove it through statistics, or stop stating it as a
fact. And

Similarly, I woud like to see your research that proves that all
mountain bikers are liars, because you toss it around as irrefutable
when in actual fact ive never seen any proof of that anywhere. And
this group doesn't count, for your information, in the same way your
posts were not allowed to be used as evidence in court.

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
October 4th 11, 04:33 PM
On Oct 4, 12:54*am, SebastianW > wrote:
> On Oct 3, 10:17*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:

> > > I'm recognizing the possibility of injury, but aside from that it is a
> > > healthy activity, being a form of exercise.
>
> > That's like saying that smoking is a healthy activity because it
> > involves hand- and arm exercise.
>
> > How "healthy" can mountain biking be, if you end up dead?! You make no
> > sense. You can't have only the healthful part, and avoid all the
> > unhealthful parts.
>
> I could ride several times a week at high intensity, for a total of
> say 5 hours, and maintain a good level of fitness. To maintain that
> same level by putting a cigarette too one'd mouth would take 10s of
> thousands of repetitions, not to mention 100s of cigarettes, if indeed
> that is even possible, which I doubt to be honest based on how absurd
> it is.
> I chalenge
> Furthermore, smoking cigarettes is a major cause of lung cancer, a
> highly lethal disease. There are innumerable scientific papers with
> findings that suggest that this is correct. That has been proved and
> verified to the point of it being assumed factual knowledge.
>
> I challenge you to find a suncle study relating mountain biking to an
> increased mortality rate. As an activity with certain risks involved,
> one can only assume it would, to a small extent, but the way in which
> you talk about it you make it sound like riders are dying everyday in
> huge numbers.

Yes, they are. It's all on my website.

Prove it through statistics, or stop stating it as a
> fact. And

See my website. It's all there. Do your homework.

> Similarly, I woud like to see your research that proves that all
> mountain bikers are liars, because you toss it around as irrefutable
> when in actual fact ive never seen any proof of that anywhere. And
> this group doesn't count, for your information, in the same way your
> posts were not allowed to be used as evidence in court.

My posts WERE used as evidence in court, as well as the evidence of
mountain bikers lying, numbskull. Do your homework.

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
October 4th 11, 04:40 PM

Mike Vandeman wrote:
So much for the alleged "healthfulness" of mountain biking....

Mike

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=iol1269329....

Top mountain biker dies
  March 23 2010 at 09:37AM

> Similarly, I woud like to see your research that proves that all
> mountain bikers are liars, because you toss it around as irrefutable
> when in actual fact ive never seen any proof of that anywhere. And
> this group doesn't count, for your information, in the same way your
> posts were not allowed to be used as evidence in court.- Hide quoted text -

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
October 4th 11, 04:42 PM
On Oct 4, 12:54*am, SebastianW > wrote:
> On Oct 3, 10:17*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:

> > > I'm recognizing the possibility of injury, but aside from that it is a
> > > healthy activity, being a form of exercise.
>
> > That's like saying that smoking is a healthy activity because it
> > involves hand- and arm exercise.
>
> > How "healthy" can mountain biking be, if you end up dead?! You make no
> > sense. You can't have only the healthful part, and avoid all the
> > unhealthful parts.
>
> I could ride several times a week at high intensity, for a total of
> say 5 hours, and maintain a good level of fitness. To maintain that
> same level by putting a cigarette too one'd mouth would take 10s of
> thousands of repetitions, not to mention 100s of cigarettes, if indeed
> that is even possible, which I doubt to be honest based on how absurd
> it is.
> I chalenge
> Furthermore, smoking cigarettes is a major cause of lung cancer, a
> highly lethal disease. There are innumerable scientific papers with
> findings that suggest that this is correct. That has been proved and
> verified to the point of it being assumed factual knowledge.
>
> I challenge you to find a suncle study relating mountain biking to an
> increased mortality rate. As an activity with certain risks involved,
> one can only assume it would, to a small extent, but the way in which
> you talk about it you make it sound like riders are dying everyday in
> huge numbers. Prove it through statistics, or stop stating it as a
> fact.

So much for the alleged "healthfulness" of mountain biking....

Mike

http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?set_id=1&click_id=13&art_id=iol1269329511910B263

Top mountain biker dies
March 23 2010 at 09:37AM

A top international mountain biker taking part in the Absa Cape Epic
Mountain bike race died early on Tuesday.

Australian James Williamson, the 26-year-old editor of the Australian
Enduro mountain bike magazine, died in Ceres Private Hospital at
6.47am after his riding partner, 28-year-old Shaun Lewis, had been
unable to rouse him.

The race, a gruelling 722km event between Wellington through the
countryside to Somerset West started on Sunday.

This breaking news flash was supplied exclusively to iol.co.za by the
news desk at our sister title, the Cape Argus.

> Similarly, I woud like to see your research that proves that all
> mountain bikers are liars, because you toss it around as irrefutable
> when in actual fact ive never seen any proof of that anywhere. And
> this group doesn't count, for your information, in the same way your
> posts were not allowed to be used as evidence in court.- Hide quoted text -

Edward Dolan
October 4th 11, 10:04 PM
"SebastianW" > wrote in message
On Oct 2, 11:55 pm, "Edward Dolan" > wrote:
[...]
> Mountain biking accidents and deaths are out of all proportion to any
> other
> activity that I can think of that is not suicidal in nature. If cyclists
> knew the truth, no one sane and sensible would ever engage in such a
> moronic
> sport.

>> Care to post some statistics that support your claims?

Why don't you do that little chore. I am more than satisfied from reading
all the reports that Mr. Vandeman so generously posts to these newsgroups.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Google