PDA

View Full Version : Kreitler Rollers Question

Michael[_10_]
October 4th 11, 03:27 PM
Are 20 year old Kreitler rollers any better or worse than the new ones that Kreitler makes today?

Thanks,

Mike

Mark J.
October 4th 11, 04:02 PM
On 10/4/2011 7:27 AM, Michael wrote:
> Are 20 year old Kreitler rollers any better or worse than the new ones that Kreitler makes today?

They were very nice 20 years ago. I sorta regret selling mine. I
haven't ridden any Kreitlers since, so I can't compare.

Mark J.

--D-y
October 4th 11, 07:38 PM
On Oct 4, 9:27*am, Michael > wrote:
> Are 20 year old Kreitler rollers any better or worse than the new ones that Kreitler makes today?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

Why do you ask?
--D-y

RicodJour[_2_]
October 4th 11, 08:55 PM
On Oct 4, 10:27*am, Michael > wrote:
> Are 20 year old Kreitler rollers any better or worse than the new ones that Kreitler makes today?

Dear Sir,

We at Kreitler stand behind our products and have voluntarily recalled
all of our defective rollers made between 1987 and 1995. Please
return your rollers for safety, prepaid, to the address below, and we
will seriously consider replacing your defective rollers. Thank you.

R. dJ. Wildebeast, IV
Chief Council and Adjunct Poobah
Kreitler, Inc.
PO Box 1313
Grand Central Station, NY 10001

Simply Fred
October 4th 11, 09:18 PM
Michael wrote:
> Are 20 year old Kreitler rollers any better or worse than the new ones that Kreitler makes today?

I hear they were appalling.

Michael[_10_]
October 5th 11, 01:20 AM
Someone has some 20 year old rollers for sale.

Thanks,

Mike

Anton Berlin
October 6th 11, 12:45 AM
On Oct 4, 7:20*pm, Michael > wrote:
> Someone has some 20 year old rollers for sale.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

When I first started racing in the 80s we could go by and visit Al and
that little dog of his (killer - killer 2 ) . His little shop was
somewhere here - either where the fast food is or that abandoned lot
to the left (west) . it was a little shack for the most part. I
think he struggled financially most of the time. He was a nice
guy.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=4699+East+Bannister+Road,+Kansas+City,+Missouri, +United+States&aq=&sll=38.953437,-94.535074&sspn=0.002365,0.004823&vpsrc=0&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=4699+E+Bannister+Rd,+Kansas+City,+Missouri+6 4137&ll=38.953452,-94.535079&spn=0.009395,0.01929&t=h&z=16

Ronko
October 7th 11, 05:25 AM
In article <1109548.3143.1317738426148.JavaMail.geo-discussion-
forums@yqbu18>, says...

>Are 20 year old Kreitler rollers any better or worse than the new ones
that Kreitler makes today?

>Thanks,
>
>Mike
If they're the all alloy ones and they still spin smoothly, they should be a
quality product.

Michael[_10_]
October 8th 11, 06:19 AM
It turns out they were the Challenger Kreitlers, not the alloy. I went ahead and bought the rollers and headwind unit for $180.00. I think they'll get the job done this winter.

Thanks,

Mike

Ronko
October 9th 11, 07:21 PM
In article <1256459.449.1318051192492.JavaMail.geo-discussion-
forums@yqbu18>, says...

>It turns out they were the Challenger Kreitlers, not the alloy. I went
ahead and bought the rollers and headwind unit for $180.00. I think they'll
get the job done this winter.

>Thanks,
>
>Mike
A good price; if the bearings are spinning smooth they will work as well as
the all-alloy ones. Ride safe . . .

Michael[_10_]
October 10th 11, 05:12 PM
Apparently, the guy tried them 20 years ago for a couple of hours and gave up. They look brand new.

Another question: What is the brightest rear blinking light I can buy to give a heads up to the texting while driving high school kids?

Thanks,

Mike

Frederick the Great
October 10th 11, 08:26 PM
In article
<21727402.2772.1318263165019.JavaMail.geo-discussion-forums@yqbu18>,
Michael > wrote:

> Apparently, the guy tried them 20 years ago for a couple of hours and gave up. They look brand new.
>
> Another question: What is the brightest rear blinking light I can buy to give a heads up to the texting while driving high school kids?

As heavy as you can carry. I think the optimum is a
sealed lead-acid battery and a portable Xenon strobe
designed for camera mounting. Be advised that texting
drivers drive into fully lit and strobing fire trucks.
I've seen it. The firemen are beyond anger and surprise.

--
Old Fritz

thirty-six
October 11th 11, 01:24 AM
On Oct 10, 5:12*pm, Michael > wrote:
> Apparently, the guy tried them 20 years ago for a couple of hours and gave up. They look brand new.
>
> Another question: What is the brightest rear blinking light I can buy to give a heads up to the texting while driving high school kids?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mike

You could try a pair of these.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/da/FA18_on_afterburner.jpg