PDA

View Full Version : A 65-year-old woman was murdered by a man on a mountain bike in Brooklyn

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
October 21st 11, 11:00 PM
Are there any mountain bikers who are NOT criminals??? I haven't found
any YET!

Mike

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=8400253

Web produced by Jennifer Matarese, Eyewitness News

NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 65-year-old woman was murdered by a man on a
mountain bike in Brooklyn.

The woman was shot several times and left for dead in the Brighton
Beach section.

Police came to the victim's apartment on Surf Avenue Thursday night.

Sources say her boyfriend was home and that he is cooperating with the
investigators as the hunt is on for her killer.

Detectives worked the neighborhood Thursday night piecing together
every possible clue.

The victim was at the corner of West 2nd Street and Sea Breeze Avenue
in Brighton Beach just before noon.

Witnesses say a man in his 50's on a mountain bike approached her,
shot her several times in the torso, and then peddled away.

Eyewitness News doesn't know what 65-year-old Alla Kamenex was doing
here.

Paramedics rushed her to Coney Island Hospital where she was
pronounced dead.

It was a violent scene that neighbors can't believe happened on their
quiet block.

"I'm surprised this happened here. It's not a usual thing and the time
it happened is not usual time," said Willy McCall, a resident.

"It's scary because we all have children. It's just so scary," another
resident said.

Kamenex lived at 601 Surf Avenue, less than a mile away from where she
was gunned down.

Police sources say that detectives came and found her 70-year-old
boyfriend in her apartment.

Investigators are speaking to him and sources say he is fully
cooperating.

Neither Kamenev nor her boyfriend have arrest histories.

So far no arrests have been made.

Kayak 44
October 22nd 11, 02:13 AM
On Oct 21, 6:00*pm, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
> Are there any mountain bikers who are NOT criminals??? I haven't found
> any YET!
>
> Mike

Hey, you're a criminal too. Convicted of a crime and have a record.

Using your logic, I guess you'll be murdering someone next.

Edward Dolan
October 22nd 11, 06:34 AM
"Kayak 44" > wrote in message
On Oct 21, 6:00 pm, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
> Are there any mountain bikers who are NOT criminals??? I haven't found
> any YET!

>> Hey, you're a criminal too. Convicted of a crime and have a record.

Hey, you defend mountain bikers. Convicted out of your own mouth.

>> Using your logic, I guess you'll be murdering someone next.

Using your logic, I guess you'll be riding a mountain bike next.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Bob Berger[_2_]
October 22nd 11, 08:04 PM
In article >,
Mike Vandeman says...

>Are there any mountain bikers who are NOT criminals??? I haven't found
>any YET!
>
>Mike

Hitler was an avid hiker, spending many hours hiking the trails around
Berchtesgaden for example.

Mike isn't the only one who can play the "guilt by association" game...

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
October 22nd 11, 11:28 PM
On Oct 22, 12:04*pm, Bob Berger > wrote:
> In article >,
> Mike Vandeman says...
>

> >Are there any mountain bikers who are NOT criminals??? I haven't found
> >any YET!
>
> >Mike
>
> Hitler was an avid hiker, spending many hours hiking the trails around
> Berchtesgaden for example.
>
> Mike isn't the only one who can play the "guilt by association" game...

Only because the mountain bike hadn't been invented yet. If mountain
biking had been invented, Hitler would have been a mountain biker,
since he matches their hatred and belligerence. He would have had
spikes on his tires and run over non-mountain bikers. He would have
fit right in to their outlaw, criminal culture. Just like mountain
biker George Bush....

Kayak 44
October 23rd 11, 04:26 AM
On Oct 22, 6:28*pm, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
> On Oct 22, 12:04*pm, Bob Berger > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > Mike Vandeman says...
>
> > >Are there any mountain bikers who are NOT criminals??? I haven't found
> > >any YET!
>
> > >Mike
>
> > Hitler was an avid hiker, spending many hours hiking the trails around
> > Berchtesgaden for example.
>
> > Mike isn't the only one who can play the "guilt by association" game...
>
> Only because the mountain bike hadn't been invented yet. If mountain
> biking had been invented, Hitler would have been a mountain biker,
> since he matches their hatred and belligerence. He would have had
> spikes on his tires and run over non-mountain bikers. He would have
> fit right in to their outlaw, criminal culture. Just like mountain
> biker George Bush....

Mike, please don't kill someone. It's the next logical step in your
criminal career, but you'll get raped much harder in prison than the
county jail. Think about that before you murder someone.

Edward Dolan
October 23rd 11, 06:48 AM
"Kayak 44" > wrote in message
On Oct 22, 6:28 pm, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
[...]
> Only because the mountain bike hadn't been invented yet. If mountain
> biking had been invented, Hitler would have been a mountain biker,
> since he matches their hatred and belligerence. He would have had
> spikes on his tires and run over non-mountain bikers. He would have
> fit right in to their outlaw, criminal culture. Just like mountain
> biker George Bush....
>
>> Mike, please don't kill someone. It's the next logical step in your
criminal career, but you'll get raped much harder in prison than the
county jail. Think about that before you murder someone.

Sounds like someone is an Asshole. It must be Kayak, the coward who hides
behind a user name.

Would someone please do us all the good favor of sodomizing Kayak. I think
that is the only thing that will get his minuscule brain off of being raped.
Mostly ordinary slobs like him just want to fornicate. His daddy must have
been mean to him since he wants to be sodomized like a homo instead of to
fornicate like a typical male slob.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Edward Dolan
October 23rd 11, 07:09 AM
"Bob Berger" > wrote in message
> In article
> >,
> Mike Vandeman says...
>>
>>Are there any mountain bikers who are NOT criminals??? I haven't found
>>any YET!
>>
>>Mike
>
> Hitler was an avid hiker, spending many hours hiking the trails around
> Berchtesgaden for example.

Hitler was quite sensible when it came to recreation. He was opposed to
skiing which he regarded as idiotic. He also loved the music of Wagner, so
he was not all bad.

> Mike isn't the only one who can play the "guilt by association" game...

All Mr. Vandeman is doing is informing anyone who is interested of the
dangers of mountain biking. He is actually their best friend if any of them
had any brains. Unfortunately, mountain bikers are all assholes and idiots
who do not have a clue about how life should be lived.

The testosterone type of risk activities should be over after the teenage
years, yet I note that many mountain bikers who are meeting an untimely
death on the trails are older folks who should know better. The iron law of
life is either grow up and act your age or die!

By age 20 we should be spending our time doing nothing but listening to the
music of Beethoven and contemplating our navels. That way you will live a
long time and have a happy life.

Thus spake Zarathustra.

--
Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
October 23rd 11, 08:04 AM
On Oct 22, 8:26*pm, Kayak 44 > wrote:
> On Oct 22, 6:28*pm, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
>

> > On Oct 22, 12:04*pm, Bob Berger > wrote:
>
> > > In article >,
> > > Mike Vandeman says...

> > > Hitler was an avid hiker, spending many hours hiking the trails around
> > > Berchtesgaden for example.
>
> > > Mike isn't the only one who can play the "guilt by association" game....
>
> > Only because the mountain bike hadn't been invented yet. If mountain
> > biking had been invented, Hitler would have been a mountain biker,
> > since he matches their hatred and belligerence. He would have had
> > spikes on his tires and run over non-mountain bikers. He would have
> > fit right in to their outlaw, criminal culture. Just like mountain
> > biker George Bush....
>
> Mike, please don't kill someone. It's the next logical step in your
> criminal career, but you'll get raped much harder in prison than the
> county jail. Think about that before you murder someone.

One wonders where your obsession with being sodomized came from. Were
you a sexually abused child? Or the abusER?

Jym Dyer
October 23rd 11, 05:39 PM
| A 65-year-old woman was murdered by a man on a mountain
| bike in Brooklyn.

=v= I figured this to be an instance of the media just using
the words "mountain bike" for something that doesn't have
drop handlebars. There's no mountain biking _per_se_ in that
part of Brooklyn; the nearest wildlife area is a salt marsh.

=v= The surveillance camera snapshot in this story confirmed
my suspicion:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/10/23/2011-10-23_slay_susp_was_riding_little_girls_bike.html

<_Jym_>

Mike Vandeman[_4_]
October 23rd 11, 06:05 PM
On Oct 23, 9:39*am, Jym Dyer > wrote:
> | A 65-year-old woman was murdered by a man on a mountain
> | bike in Brooklyn.
>
> =v= I figured this to be an instance of the media just using
> the words "mountain bike" for something that doesn't have
> drop handlebars. *There's no mountain biking _per_se_ in that
> part of Brooklyn; the nearest wildlife area is a salt marsh.
>
> =v= The surveillance camera snapshot in this story confirmed
> my suspicion:
>
> http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/10/23/2011-10-23_slay_s...
>
> * * <_Jym_>

No, it doesn't. Children's bikes these days are mostly small versions
of mountain bikes, as this one is. Manufacturers obviously think that
the mountain bike style will be popular. They have no ethical
standards whatsoever -- just like you.

VtSkier[_2_]
October 23rd 11, 08:44 PM
On 10/21/2011 6:00 PM, Mike Vandeman wrote:
> Are there any mountain bikers who are NOT criminals??? I haven't found
> any YET!
>
> Mike
>

> http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_york&id=8400253
>
> Web produced by Jennifer Matarese, Eyewitness News
>
> NEW YORK (WABC) -- A 65-year-old woman was murdered by a man on a
> mountain bike in Brooklyn.
>
> The woman was shot several times and left for dead in the Brighton
> Beach section.
>
> Police came to the victim's apartment on Surf Avenue Thursday night.
>
> Sources say her boyfriend was home and that he is cooperating with the
> investigators as the hunt is on for her killer.
>
> Detectives worked the neighborhood Thursday night piecing together
> every possible clue.
>
> The victim was at the corner of West 2nd Street and Sea Breeze Avenue
> in Brighton Beach just before noon.
>
> Witnesses say a man in his 50's on a mountain bike approached her,
> shot her several times in the torso, and then peddled away.
>
> Eyewitness News doesn't know what 65-year-old Alla Kamenex was doing
> here.
>
> Paramedics rushed her to Coney Island Hospital where she was
> pronounced dead.
>
> It was a violent scene that neighbors can't believe happened on their
> quiet block.
>
> "I'm surprised this happened here. It's not a usual thing and the time
> it happened is not usual time," said Willy McCall, a resident.
>
> "It's scary because we all have children. It's just so scary," another
> resident said.
>
> Kamenex lived at 601 Surf Avenue, less than a mile away from where she
> was gunned down.
>
> Police sources say that detectives came and found her 70-year-old
> boyfriend in her apartment.
>
> Investigators are speaking to him and sources say he is fully
> cooperating.
>
> Neither Kamenev nor her boyfriend have arrest histories.
>
> So far no arrests have been made.

Certainly you haven't found a mountain biker in this
story. It's almost as hard to mountain bike in Brooklyn
as it is in Queens.

What you have found is the alleged perpetrator of a violent
crime (not a criminal yet because he hasn't been to court)
who happens to ride a mountain bike. In Brooklyn of all
places.

Kayak 44
October 25th 11, 02:06 PM
On Oct 23, 3:04*am, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
> On Oct 22, 8:26*pm, Kayak 44 > wrote:

> > > Only because the mountain bike hadn't been invented yet. If mountain
> > > biking had been invented, Hitler would have been a mountain biker,
> > > since he matches their hatred and belligerence. He would have had
> > > spikes on his tires and run over non-mountain bikers. He would have
> > > fit right in to their outlaw, criminal culture. Just like mountain
> > > biker George Bush....
>
> > Mike, please don't kill someone. It's the next logical step in your
> > criminal career, but you'll get raped much harder in prison than the
> > county jail. Think about that before you murder someone.
>
> One wonders where your obsession with being sodomized came from. Were
> you a sexually abused child? Or the abusER?

Neither. I'm just a concerned citizen looking out for the safety and
welfare of criminals like you.

October 28th 11, 01:53 PM
On Oct 21, 9:13*pm, Kayak 44 > wrote:
> On Oct 21, 6:00*pm, Mike Vandeman > wrote:
>
> > Are there any mountain bikers who are NOT criminals??? I haven't found
> > any YET!
>
> > Mike
>
> Hey, you're a criminal too. Convicted of a crime and have a record.
>
> Using your logic, *I guess you'll be murdering someone next.

Mikey has no more logic than Spongebob Squarepants - and far less
appeal.

Jym Dyer
November 3rd 11, 04:03 PM
>> =v= The surveillance camera snapshot in this story confirmed
>> my suspicion:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_crime/2011/10/23/2011-10-23_slay_susp_was_riding_little_girls_bike.html

> No, it doesn't. Children's bikes these days are mostly small
> versions of mountain bikes, as this one is. Manufacturers
> obviously think that the mountain bike style will be popular.

=v= I guess you didn't even bother to look at the photo, which
clearly shows a pink bike with no off-road/macho trappings at
all. Indeed, I'd say the style is closer to what you advocated
in this letter 18 years ago:

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.soc/msg/ae74917ee98df661

=v= I've dealt with New York City media and police over these
issues, including the seizure of large numbersof bicycles
during Critical Mass, and know of which I speak: they use the
words "mountain bike" to mean anything that doesn't have drop
handlebars.

> They have no ethical standards whatsoever -- just like you.

=v= Just like me? You mean the guy who's defended your right
to free speech for the last two decades, however unpopular?
I'm just trying to keep you from barking up the wrong tree.
<_Jym_>

JaxRhapsody
December 30th 11, 02:54 AM
[...]

You people are ****ing idiots. How does somebody using a mountainbike automatically mean he's a mountain biker? Thats why I don't post here often because of the road bike/fixie riders who think lowly of any other type of bike/biker.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home