PDA

View Full Version : Olympic RR

atriage[_6_]
November 1st 11, 09:13 PM
So Morocco gets as many places as Norway in the Olympic road race.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-releases-olympic-road-race-allocations
Way to go UCI.
--

Carl Sundquist[_2_]
November 2nd 11, 12:44 PM
On Nov 1, 4:13*pm, atriage > wrote:
> So Morocco gets as many places as Norway in the Olympic road race.http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-releases-olympic-road-race-alloca...
> Way to go UCI.
> --

Given depth of talent, I'm more disappointed about Russia than Norway.

atriage[_6_]
November 2nd 11, 04:06 PM
On 02/11/2011 12:44, Carl Sundquist wrote:
> On Nov 1, 4:13 pm, > wrote:
>> So Morocco gets as many places as Norway in the Olympic road race.http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-releases-olympic-road-race-alloca...
>> Way to go UCI.
>> --
>

> Given depth of talent, I'm more disappointed about Russia than Norway.

Yeah it's pretty crazy when you think the Moroccan rider in the world champ RR
was flagged out of the race for failing to keep up.

--

Fred Flintstein
November 2nd 11, 04:20 PM
On 11/2/2011 11:06 AM, atriage wrote:
> On 02/11/2011 12:44, Carl Sundquist wrote:
>> On Nov 1, 4:13 pm, > wrote:
>>> So Morocco gets as many places as Norway in the Olympic road
>>> race.http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-releases-olympic-road-race-alloca...
>>>
>>> Way to go UCI.
>>> --
>>

>> Given depth of talent, I'm more disappointed about Russia than Norway.
>
> Yeah it's pretty crazy when you think the Moroccan rider in the world
> champ RR was flagged out of the race for failing to keep up.

On the bright side, that chick riding for (not from) St Kitts &
Nevis that wanted to ride in the Olympics didn't make the cut.
Although she did get to ride the Worlds TT.

atriage[_6_]
November 2nd 11, 05:17 PM
On 02/11/2011 16:20, Fred Flintstein wrote:
> On 11/2/2011 11:06 AM, atriage wrote:

>>> Given depth of talent, I'm more disappointed about Russia than Norway.
>>
>> Yeah it's pretty crazy when you think the Moroccan rider in the world
>> champ RR was flagged out of the race for failing to keep up.
>>

> On the bright side, that chick riding for (not from) St Kitts &
> Nevis that wanted to ride in the Olympics didn't make the cut.

Maybe she could console herself by getting a ride on Anton's knob instead.

--

Phil H
November 2nd 11, 08:04 PM
On Nov 2, 10:17*am, atriage > wrote:
> On 02/11/2011 16:20, Fred Flintstein wrote:

> >> Yeah it's pretty crazy when you think the Moroccan rider in the world
> >> champ RR was flagged out of the race for failing to keep up.
>
> > On the bright side, that chick riding for (not from) St Kitts &
> > Nevis that wanted to ride in the Olympics didn't make the cut.
>
> Maybe she could console herself by getting a ride on Anton's knob instead..

Olympic competition is in effect a world championship, so, unlike the
World Series, you have to invite other countries to the competition :)
Phil H
QA for Olympic Championships.

Carl Sundquist[_2_]
November 2nd 11, 11:36 PM
On Nov 2, 11:06*am, atriage > wrote:
> On 02/11/2011 12:44, Carl Sundquist wrote:
>
> > On Nov 1, 4:13 pm, > *wrote:
> >> So Morocco gets as many places as Norway in the Olympic road race.http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/uci-releases-olympic-road-race-alloca...
> >> Way to go UCI.
> >> --
>
> > Given depth of talent, I'm more disappointed about Russia than Norway.
>
> Yeah it's pretty crazy when you think the Moroccan rider in the world champ RR
> was flagged out of the race for failing to keep up.
>
> --

I'm not saying Norway didn't get the shaft, however I think Russia got
it worse.

Anton Berlin
November 3rd 11, 12:53 AM
> I'm not saying Norway didn't get the shaft, however I think Russia got
> it worse.

Carl - your protest of riding a bike around the Olympic Village is ill-
conceived

http://www.toxel.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/cbiked24.jpg

Better to stop drinking fluoridated water - which is also a commie
plot.

atriage[_6_]
November 3rd 11, 02:08 AM
On 02/11/2011 23:36, Carl Sundquist wrote:
> On Nov 2, 11:06 am, > wrote:

>>> Given depth of talent, I'm more disappointed about Russia than Norway.
>>
>> Yeah it's pretty crazy when you think the Moroccan rider in the world champ RR
>> was flagged out of the race for failing to keep up.
>>
>> --
>
> I'm not saying Norway didn't get the shaft, however I think Russia got
> it worse.

I agree. On another note I see that Luxembourg only got two riders. I wonder who
they'll be?

--

Carl Sundquist[_2_]
November 3rd 11, 02:37 AM
On Nov 2, 9:08*pm, atriage > wrote:
> On 02/11/2011 23:36, Carl Sundquist wrote:

> >> Yeah it's pretty crazy when you think the Moroccan rider in the world champ RR
> >> was flagged out of the race for failing to keep up.
>
> >> --
>
> > I'm not saying Norway didn't get the shaft, however I think Russia got
> > it worse.
>
> I agree. On another note I see that Luxembourg only got two riders. I wonder who
> they'll be?
>
> --

Kim Kirchen and anyone else not named Schleck.

Simply Fred
November 3rd 11, 12:15 PM
atriage wrote:
> Maybe she could console herself by getting a ride on Anton's knob instead.

The user interface sucks.

atriage[_6_]
November 3rd 11, 01:46 PM
On 03/11/2011 12:15, Simply Fred wrote:
> atriage wrote:
>> Maybe she could console herself by getting a ride on Anton's knob instead.
>
> The user interface sucks.

Probably just needs tweaking.

--

Davey Crockett[_5_]
November 12th 11, 08:25 AM
Carl Sundquist a écrit profondement:

Hi Carl

It's good to see you still contributing to the NewsGroup.

Hoping to see you more in the future,

And what we need is a little more Democracy in the Olympic and Worlds
selections

--
Davey Crockett
http://azurservers.com:7080/rbr/democracy.jpg