PDA

View Full Version : Is there no crime pro-cyclists won't stoop to?

atriage[_6_]
November 12th 11, 10:27 AM
Now it's traffic cone theft.
http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/10371/Former-U23-world-champion-Romain-Sicard-in-hot-water-over-drunken-incident.aspx
Hang em high I say.

--

Steven Bornfeld[_2_]
November 12th 11, 03:15 PM
On 11/12/2011 5:27 AM, atriage wrote:
> Now it's traffic cone theft.
> http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/10371/Former-U23-world-champion-Romain-Sicard-in-hot-water-over-drunken-incident.aspx
>
> Hang em high I say.

It's a good thing he didn't try to put on a burka.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

RicodJour[_2_]
November 12th 11, 06:09 PM
On Nov 12, 5:27 am, atriage > wrote:

> Now it's traffic cone theft.
> http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/10371/Former-U23-world-champion-Rom...
> Hang em high I say.

If the world was consistent in following your advice you wouldn't be
here now offering it. Or anyone else I know for that matter.

A traffic cone? WTF did he want to do with a traffic cone? Ummm,
scratch that - I really don't want to know.

Brad Anders
November 12th 11, 06:27 PM
On Nov 12, 3:27*am, atriage > wrote:
> Now it's traffic cone theft.http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/10371/Former-U23-world-champion-Rom...
> Hang em high I say.
>
> --

This story is obviously false. Pro cyclists never drink alcohol.

atriage[_6_]
November 12th 11, 08:17 PM
On 12/11/2011 18:27, Brad Anders wrote:
> On Nov 12, 3:27 am, > wrote:
>> Now it's traffic cone theft.http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/10371/Former-U23-world-champion-Rom...
>> Hang em high I say.
>>
>> --
>
> This story is obviously false. Pro cyclists never drink alcohol.

That's right and I managed to emulate them today, well at least until 4pm. The
problem with cycling is that when you've just finished a ride virtually any cold
beer tastes utterly stupendous.

--

Simply Fred
November 12th 11, 08:47 PM

Brad Anders wrote:
> This story is obviously false. Pro cyclists never drink alcohol.

Substitute coke.

Fred Flintstein
November 12th 11, 10:41 PM
On 11/12/2011 2:17 PM, atriage wrote:
> On 12/11/2011 18:27, Brad Anders wrote:
>> On Nov 12, 3:27 am, > wrote:
>>> Now it's traffic cone
>>> theft.http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/10371/Former-U23-world-champion-Rom...
>>>
>>> Hang em high I say.
>>>
>>> --
>>
>> This story is obviously false. Pro cyclists never drink alcohol.
>
> That's right and I managed to emulate them today, well at least until
> 4pm. The problem with cycling is that when you've just finished a ride
> virtually any cold beer tastes utterly stupendous.

Cyclocross @ 1pm, beer @2:30.

A. Dumas[_2_]
November 12th 11, 10:49 PM
On 12/11/2011 19:09, RicodJour wrote:
> A traffic cone? WTF did he want to do with a traffic cone?

http://www.ponderlicious.com/Agin_traffic_cones_distraction.jpg

atriage[_6_]
November 12th 11, 10:59 PM
On 12/11/2011 22:49, A. Dumas wrote:
> On 12/11/2011 19:09, RicodJour wrote:
>> A traffic cone? WTF did he want to do with a traffic cone?
>
> http://www.ponderlicious.com/Agin_traffic_cones_distraction.jpg

Can't argue with that being a distraction.

--

atriage[_6_]
November 12th 11, 11:02 PM
On 12/11/2011 22:41, Fred Flintstein wrote:
> On 11/12/2011 2:17 PM, atriage wrote:

>>> This story is obviously false. Pro cyclists never drink alcohol.
>>
>> That's right and I managed to emulate them today, well at least until
>> 4pm. The problem with cycling is that when you've just finished a ride
>> virtually any cold beer tastes utterly stupendous.
>>

> Cyclocross @ 1pm, beer @2:30.

Makes me laugh how many of the cycling mags and training websites offer the 'no
alcohol after a ride' advice. Do they think anyone actually listens to that ****?

--

Scott
November 13th 11, 01:24 AM
On Nov 12, 3:59*pm, atriage > wrote:
> On 12/11/2011 22:49, A. Dumas wrote:
>
> > On 12/11/2011 19:09, RicodJour wrote:
> >> A traffic cone? WTF did he want to do with a traffic cone?
>
> >http://www.ponderlicious.com/Agin_traffic_cones_distraction.jpg
>
> Can't argue with that being a distraction.
>
> --

what traffic cone?

Mike Jacoubowsky
November 20th 11, 07:39 AM
On 11/12/2011 2:27 AM, atriage wrote:
> Now it's traffic cone theft.
> http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/10371/Former-U23-world-champion-Romain-Sicard-in-hot-water-over-drunken-incident.aspx
>
> Hang em high I say.

It's a natural thing for cyclists. When I was 16 I recall riding up
Highway 9 (Santa Cruz side) and somewhere just past Boulder Creek there
were some traffic cones by the side of the road. Picked one up, put it
on the handlebar and rode the rest of the way (about 10 miles uphill)
with it.

Riding the same route 35+ years later, it's hard to believe I was able
to keep up with the other guys on that climb, balancing a several-pound
traffic cone on my bars while climbing hard. Sigh.

--Mike Jacoubowsky
Chain Reaction Bicycles

Fred Flintstein
November 21st 11, 02:13 PM
On 11/12/2011 5:02 PM, atriage wrote:
> On 12/11/2011 22:41, Fred Flintstein wrote:

>>> That's right and I managed to emulate them today, well at least until
>>> 4pm. The problem with cycling is that when you've just finished a ride
>>> virtually any cold beer tastes utterly stupendous.
>>>

>> Cyclocross @ 1pm, beer @2:30.
>>

> Makes me laugh how many of the cycling mags and training websites offer
> the 'no alcohol after a ride' advice. Do they think anyone actually
> listens to that ****?

You get more efficient with practice. I've improved to
cyclocross @ 1pm, beer @2:00.

PS I'm working my way up to a beer handup.

atriage[_6_]
November 21st 11, 04:31 PM
On 21/11/2011 14:13, Fred Flintstein wrote:
> On 11/12/2011 5:02 PM, atriage wrote:

>>> Cyclocross @ 1pm, beer @2:30.
>>>

>> Makes me laugh how many of the cycling mags and training websites offer
>> the 'no alcohol after a ride' advice. Do they think anyone actually
>> listens to that ****?
>
> You get more efficient with practice. I've improved to
> cyclocross @ 1pm, beer @2:00.

> PS I'm working my way up to a beer handup.

Yeah, more DS's with a crate of cold lager in the car is what's needed.

--

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home