PDA

View Full Version : Vino lets his bank account take the strain.

atriage[_6_]
December 7th 11, 10:27 AM
http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/12/news/magazine-alleges-alexander-vinokourov-bought-2010-liege-bastogne-liege-victory_199358
--

Fred Flintstein
December 7th 11, 02:30 PM
On 12/7/2011 4:27 AM, atriage wrote:
> http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/12/news/magazine-alleges-alexander-vinokourov-bought-2010-liege-bastogne-liege-victory_199358

Good for him. He's always been one of the smartest riders
in the peloton.

As a comparison, according to the story here:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/adf6a642e9c05dc9

Adjusted for inflation Moser had offered $165,000 to
Knetemann for the World Championship. Which didn't count
whatever he had offered other top riders to not chase.

atriage[_6_]
December 7th 11, 05:05 PM
On 07/12/2011 14:30, Fred Flintstein wrote:
> On 12/7/2011 4:27 AM, atriage wrote:
>> http://velonews.competitor.com/2011/12/news/magazine-alleges-alexander-vinokourov-bought-2010-liege-bastogne-liege-victory_199358
>>

> Good for him. He's always been one of the smartest riders
> in the peloton.
>
> As a comparison, according to the story here:
> http://groups.google.com/group/rec.bicycles.racing/msg/adf6a642e9c05dc9
>
> Adjusted for inflation Moser had offered $165,000 to
> Knetemann for the World Championship. Which didn't count
> whatever he had offered other top riders to not chase.

Yeah there is a pretty well established history of buying competitors off, it's
all part of cycling's rich tapestry I suppose.

--

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home