PDA

View Full Version : Vistalite Lightstick ?'s

Bill McAninch
July 2nd 03, 07:44 PM
I just got a Lightstick Code 20 off of E-Bay. It's two years old but never
been used, everything was still sealed up. Have things figured out I think
but there were no directions. The big questions I have regards the
batteries. I have no idea how long to charge them, and secondly, I don't
know if the chargers are smart chargers or if I need to unplug them after a
certain time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Bill
96 Vanguard

Victor Kan
July 3rd 03, 01:37 AM
Bill McAninch wrote:
> I just got a Lightstick Code 20 off of E-Bay. It's two years old but never
> been used, everything was still sealed up. Have things figured out I think
> but there were no directions. The big questions I have regards the
> batteries. I have no idea how long to charge them, and secondly, I don't
> know if the chargers are smart chargers or if I need to unplug them after a
> certain time.

Not sealed up that well if it had no directions, eh? :-) Have you
checked out www.vistalite.com? Oh nevermind, I just went there and it's
pretty useless.

I have a Code 10 with NiCd stick and a Code 15 with NiMH stick.

Both came with "dumb" chargers that you have to unplug after a few
hours. I assume the Code 20 is the same, only more so :-).

I haven't used the NiMH setup yet. For the NiCd setup, I'd charge it up
either over night or the whole work day after 45 mins of use.

I assume the NiMH setup is similar to others and need less trickle
charging than a NiCd after the same run time. With my Nightrider NiMH
battery pack, I'd charge it four or five hours after about 45 mins of use.

--
I do not accept unsolicted commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
legitimate replies.

Victor Kan
July 3rd 03, 01:37 AM
Bill McAninch wrote:
> I just got a Lightstick Code 20 off of E-Bay. It's two years old but never
> been used, everything was still sealed up. Have things figured out I think
> but there were no directions. The big questions I have regards the
> batteries. I have no idea how long to charge them, and secondly, I don't
> know if the chargers are smart chargers or if I need to unplug them after a
> certain time.

Not sealed up that well if it had no directions, eh? :-) Have you
checked out www.vistalite.com? Oh nevermind, I just went there and it's
pretty useless.

I have a Code 10 with NiCd stick and a Code 15 with NiMH stick.

Both came with "dumb" chargers that you have to unplug after a few
hours. I assume the Code 20 is the same, only more so :-).

I haven't used the NiMH setup yet. For the NiCd setup, I'd charge it up
either over night or the whole work day after 45 mins of use.

I assume the NiMH setup is similar to others and need less trickle
charging than a NiCd after the same run time. With my Nightrider NiMH
battery pack, I'd charge it four or five hours after about 45 mins of use.

--
I do not accept unsolicted commercial e-mail. Remove NO_UCE for
legitimate replies.

Don
July 3rd 03, 03:08 AM
Victor Kan wrote:

> Not sealed up that well if it had no directions, eh? :-) Have you
> checked out www.vistalite.com? Oh nevermind, I just went there and it's
> pretty useless.
>
> I have a Code 10 with NiCd stick and a Code 15 with NiMH stick.
>
> Both came with "dumb" chargers that you have to unplug after a few
> hours. I assume the Code 20 is the same, only more so :-).
>
> I haven't used the NiMH setup yet. For the NiCd setup, I'd charge it up
> either over night or the whole work day after 45 mins of use.
>
> I assume the NiMH setup is similar to others and need less trickle
> charging than a NiCd after the same run time. With my Nightrider NiMH
> battery pack, I'd charge it four or five hours after about 45 mins of use.

The web site is useless in terms of any real information.

I have a Vistalite Code 25 with the NiMH cell. The charger is a dumb
charger. As I recall, the directions were rather vague but implied as
Victor wrote that a fully discharged cell would take about 8 hrs. I
have been careful not to over discharge which can cause the cells to
short out. I have estimated the charge time needed based on my use.
When I am charging I do monitor the cell temp in an attempt to avoid
over charging. The cell has never felt too warm. My intent is to
replace the stick battery with another type when that dies and probably
also purchase a smart charger.

The headlight units have been problem free.

Don

Don
July 3rd 03, 03:08 AM
Victor Kan wrote:

> Not sealed up that well if it had no directions, eh? :-) Have you
> checked out www.vistalite.com? Oh nevermind, I just went there and it's
> pretty useless.
>
> I have a Code 10 with NiCd stick and a Code 15 with NiMH stick.
>
> Both came with "dumb" chargers that you have to unplug after a few
> hours. I assume the Code 20 is the same, only more so :-).
>
> I haven't used the NiMH setup yet. For the NiCd setup, I'd charge it up
> either over night or the whole work day after 45 mins of use.
>
> I assume the NiMH setup is similar to others and need less trickle
> charging than a NiCd after the same run time. With my Nightrider NiMH
> battery pack, I'd charge it four or five hours after about 45 mins of use.

The web site is useless in terms of any real information.

I have a Vistalite Code 25 with the NiMH cell. The charger is a dumb
charger. As I recall, the directions were rather vague but implied as
Victor wrote that a fully discharged cell would take about 8 hrs. I
have been careful not to over discharge which can cause the cells to
short out. I have estimated the charge time needed based on my use.
When I am charging I do monitor the cell temp in an attempt to avoid
over charging. The cell has never felt too warm. My intent is to
replace the stick battery with another type when that dies and probably
also purchase a smart charger.

The headlight units have been problem free.

Don

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home