PDA

View Full Version : Outside's Take on what Livestrong does to Fight Cancer

Phil H
January 9th 12, 01:49 AM
To say that Bill Gifford is not an LA fan is a bit of an
understatement. He has ruffled the feathers’ of LA more than once;
cutting remarks aimed at winding LA up rather than serious factual
accusations. However, he has written a somewhat bias-free article on
where the money goes and as his article says "he finds a mix of fine
ideas, millions of $s aimed at awareness and a few blurry lines."
The millions of $s at awareness is in contrast to $s for research,
something LS has moved away from. The few blurry lines are the
overlapping interests. LS the organization that doesn't pay LA any
direct remuneration but indirectly promotes him so he is able to
command some very healthy appearance revenue.
Of course there is mention of the ongoing federal investigation and a
couple of questionable comments, for example, Bill's reference to
"similar testimony" from George Hincapie; meaning similar to Floyd's
and Tyler's. Something that has not been disclosed if I'm not
mistaken; unless something has changed.
Obviously a doping conviction will erase all the faith people have put
in LA over the years. However, if you're someone battling cancer that
has benefitted from LS, if asked about whether LA doped, a likely
response inferred by the article would be, "I don't know and I don't f@
%#ing care."
Anyway, an eventful Tuesday will likely breathe life into RBR more
than anything else I can think of.
Phil H

Anton Berlin
January 11th 12, 01:32 AM
Damn you Phil ! Lance is racing for the 28 million people with
cancer. Lance is flying in his private jet for the 28 billion people
affected with cancer. ****... he's even getting divorced again so he
can set up another franchise of Armstrong children with a woman that
looks EXACTLY like his aging mother for 28 trillion people living with
cancer.

**** ! Leave the guy alone until at least Saturday. Tuesdays are
already stressful enough for him

Anton Berlin
January 11th 12, 01:33 AM
Oh yeah - and the ****ing link

http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/athletes/lance-armstrong/Its-Not-About-the-Lab-Rats.html?page=all

Phil H
January 11th 12, 09:40 PM
On Jan 10, 6:33*pm, Anton Berlin > wrote:
> Oh yeah - and the ****ing link
>
> http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/athletes/lance-armstro...

You mean I can still read this without my "free" subscription.
Phil H

Frederick the Great
January 12th 12, 12:32 AM
In article
Anton Berlin > wrote:

> Oh yeah - and the ****ing link
>
> http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/athletes/lance-armstrong/Its-Not-About-the-Lab-Rats.html?page=all

The author made a nasty crack, then downplays it
by calling it only "a lame joke."

Then he repeats all the former news:

60 minutes
Floyd Landis
Sports Illustrated
Former teammates going to grand jury.

Quotes other authors implying bad behavior.

Just another attack piece to start the new year right;
and a picture of Lance Armstrong that can only be
appreciated by loving fans.

--
Old Fritz

atriage[_6_]
January 12th 12, 09:45 AM
On 12/01/2012 00:32, Frederick the Great wrote:
> In article
> >,
> Anton > wrote:
>
>> Oh yeah - and the ****ing link
>>
>> http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/athletes/lance-armstrong/Its-Not-About-the-Lab-Rats.html?page=all
>
> The author made a nasty crack, then downplays it
> by calling it only "a lame joke."
>
> Then he repeats all the former news:
>
> 60 minutes
> Floyd Landis
> Sports Illustrated
> Former teammates going to grand jury.
>
> Quotes other authors implying bad behavior.
>
> Just another attack piece to start the new year right;
> and a picture of Lance Armstrong that can only be
> appreciated by loving fans.

Actually the Maya predict that Lance will be arraigned this year but it won't
matter because Dark Energy blows the universe up the following Tuesday.

--

Fred Flintstein
January 13th 12, 02:08 AM
On 1/11/2012 6:32 PM, Frederick the Great wrote:
> In article
> >,
> Anton > wrote:
>
>> Oh yeah - and the ****ing link
>>
>> http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/athletes/lance-armstrong/Its-Not-About-the-Lab-Rats.html?page=all
>
> The author made a nasty crack, then downplays it
> by calling it only "a lame joke."
>
> Then he repeats all the former news:
>
> 60 minutes
> Floyd Landis
> Sports Illustrated
> Former teammates going to grand jury.
>
> Quotes other authors implying bad behavior.
>
> Just another attack piece to start the new year right;
> and a picture of Lance Armstrong that can only be
> appreciated by loving fans.

What that reminds me of is the piece in the NYT and
then Laff doing searches on it and posting them. Which
pointed out how much 'news' consists of reporting what
has appeared in the few places that have the staff for
original work.

Simply Fred
January 13th 12, 10:45 AM
atriage wrote:
> Actually the Maya predict that Lance will be arraigned this year but it
> won't matter because Dark Energy blows the universe up the following
> Tuesday.

And you don't think LANCE has anything to do with Dark Energy ? Try
playing his twit feed backwards on an old LP player if you require more
information.

Phil H
January 13th 12, 04:19 PM
On Jan 12, 7:08*pm, Fred Flintstein >
wrote:
> On 1/11/2012 6:32 PM, Frederick the Great wrote:
>

> > In article
> > >,
> > * Anton > *wrote:
>
> >> Oh yeah - and the ****ing link
>
> >>http://www.outsideonline.com/outdoor-adventure/athletes/lance-armstro....
>
> > The author made a nasty crack, then downplays it
> > by calling it only "a lame joke."
>
> > Then he repeats all the former news:
>

> > Quotes other authors implying bad behavior.
>
> > Just another attack piece to start the new year right;
> > and a picture of Lance Armstrong that can only be
> > appreciated by loving fans.
>
> What that reminds me of is the piece in the NYT and
> then Laff doing searches on it and posting them. Which
> pointed out how much 'news' consists of reporting what
> has appeared in the few places that have the staff for
> original work.
>
> F- Hide quoted text -

The article was maintainly about what Livestrong does to fight Cancer.
The other things mentioned.....
60 minutes
Floyd Landis
Sports Illustrated
Former teammates going to grand jury etc.
was included for those with a Lance and doping fixation.........99.9%
of rbr :)
Phil H

January 14th 12, 03:31 AM
On Jan 12, 9:08*pm, Fred Flintstein >
wrote:

> What that reminds me of is the piece in the NYT and
> then Laff doing searches on it and posting them. Which
> pointed out how much 'news' consists of reporting what
> has appeared in the few places that have the staff for
> original work.

even worse: have journalists gotten so lazy that they find it
acceptable to quote amateurish blogs as reliable news sources?

honestly ... I was waiting for Laff to be mentioned in the article as
an authority on LANCE.

in any case ... it was far more interesting looking at the Lolo Jones
pics. wow.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home