PDA

View Full Version : Is Cavendish really that uneducated?

Kyle Legate[_4_]
January 14th 12, 03:47 PM
From a recent cyclingnews article:

"CN: You have a baby on the way in April. In the future, when you're
bouncing your grandchildren on your knee, what would you prefer to tell
them about 2012 - that you won another green jersey at the Tour de France
or that you won Olympic gold in London?

MC: Well unless I have a son I’m not having grandchildren! But there is
no preference. Both are completely different things. I’m setting out to
do them both and I believe that I can win them both. The fact that the
Olympics are in London does make it extra special. But only extra special
over other Olympic Games in the future – not over the Tour."

Does he not realize that a daughter could also bear him a grandchild?

atriage[_6_]
January 14th 12, 04:00 PM
On 14/01/2012 15:47, Kyle Legate wrote:
> From a recent cyclingnews article:
>
> "CN: You have a baby on the way in April. In the future, when you're
> bouncing your grandchildren on your knee, what would you prefer to tell
> them about 2012 - that you won another green jersey at the Tour de France
> or that you won Olympic gold in London?
>
> MC: Well unless I have a son I’m not having grandchildren! But there is
> no preference. Both are completely different things. I’m setting out to
> do them both and I believe that I can win them both. The fact that the
> Olympics are in London does make it extra special. But only extra special
> over other Olympic Games in the future – not over the Tour."
>
> Does he not realize that a daughter could also bear him a grandchild?

In England we kill female children at birth to avoid expensive dowry costs.

--

Uncle Dave
January 14th 12, 04:51 PM
On 14/01/2012 16:00, atriage wrote:
> On 14/01/2012 15:47, Kyle Legate wrote:
>> From a recent cyclingnews article:
>>
>> "CN: You have a baby on the way in April. In the future, when you're
>> bouncing your grandchildren on your knee, what would you prefer to tell
>> them about 2012 - that you won another green jersey at the Tour de France
>> or that you won Olympic gold in London?
>>
>> MC: Well unless I have a son I’m not having grandchildren! But there is
>> no preference. Both are completely different things. I’m setting out to
>> do them both and I believe that I can win them both. The fact that the
>> Olympics are in London does make it extra special. But only extra special
>> over other Olympic Games in the future – not over the Tour."
>>
>> Does he not realize that a daughter could also bear him a grandchild?
>
> In England we kill female children at birth to avoid expensive dowry costs.

I was going to do a witty reply but it would have been superfluous so
"POTW" will do :-)))

UD

Steve Freides[_2_]
January 14th 12, 06:43 PM
Kyle Legate wrote:
> From a recent cyclingnews article:
>
> "CN: You have a baby on the way in April. In the future, when you're
> bouncing your grandchildren on your knee, what would you prefer to
> tell them about 2012 - that you won another green jersey at the Tour
> de France or that you won Olympic gold in London?
>
> MC: Well unless I have a son I'm not having grandchildren! But there
> is no preference. Both are completely different things. I'm setting
> out to do them both and I believe that I can win them both. The fact
> that the Olympics are in London does make it extra special. But only
> extra special over other Olympic Games in the future - not over the
> Tour."
>
> Does he not realize that a daughter could also bear him a grandchild?

Perhaps it's the name thing, i.e., a male child would mean grandchildren
with his last name whereas a female child would not.

NB: We did what seems to be an usual thing here, giving our children two
middle names, the second of which is my wife's last name.

-S-

Simply Fred
January 14th 12, 08:21 PM
Kyle Legate wrote:
> From a recent cyclingnews article:
> MC: Well unless I have a son I’m not having grandchildren!

> Does he not realize that a daughter could also bear him a grandchild?

Perhaps he thinks his daughter would look like him.

atriage[_6_]
January 14th 12, 09:33 PM
On 14/01/2012 20:21, Simply Fred wrote:
> Kyle Legate wrote:
>> From a recent cyclingnews article:
>> MC: Well unless I have a son I’m not having grandchildren!
>
>> Does he not realize that a daughter could also bear him a grandchild?
>
> Perhaps he thinks his daughter would look like him.

That would be unfortunate although it would make her a shoo-in to be the best
female sprinter of all time.

--

Phil H
January 14th 12, 11:39 PM
On Jan 14, 8:47*am, Kyle Legate > wrote:
> From a recent cyclingnews article:
>
> "CN: You have a baby on the way in April. In the future, when you're
> bouncing your grandchildren on your knee, what would you prefer to tell
> them about 2012 - that you won another green jersey at the Tour de France
> or that you won Olympic gold in London?
>
> MC: Well unless I have a son I’m not having grandchildren! But there is
> no preference. Both are completely different things. I’m setting out to
> do them both and I believe that I can win them both. The fact that the
> Olympics are in London does make it extra special. But only extra special
> over other Olympic Games in the future – not over the Tour."
>
> Does he not realize that a daughter could also bear him a grandchild?

Is that something you learn in school? I'll give him the benefit of
the doubt; he was probably thinking about not letting any hairy ass
man near his precious daughter. But probably only Cav knows the real
context.
Phil H

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home