PDA

View Full Version : Something you don't see every day

DirtRoadie
February 16th 12, 04:45 AM
In Southern California many yards have swimming pools ...
But in Southern Colorado ...
37.191463°,-108.096291°

DR

Fred Flintstein
February 16th 12, 02:23 PM
On 2/15/2012 10:45 PM, DirtRoadie wrote:
> In Southern California many yards have swimming pools ...
> But in Southern Colorado ...
> 37.191463°,-108.096291°
>
> DR

You see that every day, at least in that part of Colorado.
Many of his neighbors have smaller versions. And yes, they
appear to be for water storage.

DirtRoadie
February 16th 12, 04:18 PM
On Feb 16, 7:23*am, Fred Flintstein >
wrote:
> On 2/15/2012 10:45 PM, DirtRoadie wrote:
>
> > In Southern California many yards have swimming pools ...
> > But in Southern Colorado ...
> > 37.191463°,-108.096291°
>
> > DR
>
> You see that every day, at least in that part of Colorado.
> Many of his neighbors have smaller versions. And yes, they
> appear to be for water storage.

No, trust me. If that were merely some arbitrary water storage
structure I would not have posted it here.
It is a purpose-built structure, rare in any part of Colorado, but not
unknown.
Here's another:
38.829212°, -104.795697°

DR

--D-y
February 16th 12, 05:40 PM
On Feb 15, 10:45*pm, DirtRoadie > wrote:
> In Southern California many yards have swimming pools ...
> But in Southern Colorado ...
> 37.191463°,-108.096291°
>
> DR

I get a map.
--D-y

DirtRoadie
February 16th 12, 06:04 PM
On Feb 16, 10:40*am, --D-y > wrote:
> On Feb 15, 10:45*pm, DirtRoadie > wrote:
>
> > In Southern California many yards have swimming pools ...
> > But in Southern Colorado ...
> > 37.191463°,-108.096291°
>
> > DR
>
> I get a map.

The imagery I was referring to is that seen using Google Earth or a
"satellite" view in http://maps.google.com/

DR

Fred Flintstein
February 16th 12, 06:04 PM
On 2/16/2012 11:40 AM, --D-y wrote:
> On Feb 15, 10:45 pm, > wrote:
>> In Southern California many yards have swimming pools ...
>> But in Southern Colorado ...
>> 37.191463°,-108.096291°
>>
>> DR
>
> I get a map.
> --D-y

If you copy and paste that into the Fly To in Google Earth
it'll show you the Dryside Velodrome. Which at this point
in time could store a lot of water.

DirtRoadie
February 16th 12, 06:26 PM
On Feb 16, 11:04*am, Fred Flintstein
> wrote:
> On 2/16/2012 11:40 AM, --D-y wrote:
>
> > On Feb 15, 10:45 pm, > *wrote:
> >> In Southern California many yards have swimming pools ...
> >> But in Southern Colorado ...
> >> 37.191463°,-108.096291°
>
> >> DR
>
> > I get a map.
> > --D-y
>
> If you copy and paste that into the Fly To in Google Earth
> it'll show you the Dryside Velodrome. Which at this point
> in time could store a lot of water.

And which may become its ultimate, though unintended, purpose for
existence.
http://drysidevelodrome.wordpress.com/#wpcom-carousel-72

DR

Simply Fred
February 16th 12, 07:47 PM
DirtRoadie wrote:
> No, trust me. If that were merely some arbitrary water storage
> structure I would not have posted it here.
> It is a purpose-built structure, rare in any part of Colorado, but not
> unknown.
> Here's another:
> 38.829212°, -104.795697°

Does LANCE have one ? Perhaps that would account for his water usage
account.

Anton Berlin
February 19th 12, 11:21 PM
Why are you stocking people in Colorado ?

Anton Berlin
February 19th 12, 11:31 PM
Here's an interesting place

39.114862,-94.55158

It's near where they hold some of the events for the Tour of Kansas
City. it looks like it could be turned into a velodrome but it was
probably an old water treatment facility in the early 1900s.

If you're ever there racing it's up the hill on Cliff Drive - would
easily be a 500m drome if someone cut down the trees and broke out the
middle dividing wall.

DirtRoadie
February 20th 12, 02:13 AM
On Feb 19, 4:21*pm, Anton Berlin > wrote:
> Why are you stocking people in Colorado ?

The job of a stock clerk is stocking grocery shelves.
Fish hatcheries exist for the purpose of stocking lakes and streams.
So ..... what was the question?
DR

DirtRoadie
February 20th 12, 02:15 AM
On Feb 19, 4:31*pm, Anton Berlin > wrote:
> Here's an interesting place
>
> 39.114862,-94.55158
>
> It's near where they hold some of the events for the Tour of Kansas
> City. *it looks like it could be turned into a velodrome but it was
> probably an old water treatment facility in the early 1900s.
>
> If you're ever there racing it's up the hill on Cliff Drive - would
> easily be a 500m drome if someone cut down the trees and broke out the
> middle dividing wall.

Velodrome? Naw.
Leave the wall in place and make it an oval BMX track.
DR

DirtRoadie
February 20th 12, 03:12 AM
On Feb 19, 4:21*pm, Anton Berlin > wrote:
> Why are you stocking people in Colorado ?

The job of a stock clerk is stocking grocery shelves
Fish hatcheries exist for stocking streams and lakes.
So ... what was the question?

DR

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home