PDA

View Full Version : Hour Record Attempt

Dave Larrington
July 15th 03, 10:00 AM
BRITONS! Forget the British Grand Prix and come to Palmer Park Velodrome in
Reading on July 20th. Not to watch the stick bike racing, though they tell
me that this can be mildly entertaining, but rather to support Claire King
in her attempt to set a British Record for the Standing Start Hour.

Since there is no current British HPV Hour record, this in itself will not
be so difficult, so she will be tilting firstly at Jeannie Longo-Ciprelli's
29.93 mile "aero" upright record and secondly at Chris Boardman's 30.73 mile
run which constitutes the current record in the eyes of the UCI. Beating
John Frey's 31.04 mile amateur aero bike record would be a nice bonus too...

Claire will be riding Geoff Bird's HPV-Heaven streamliner, some details of
which can be found here: http://www.salmon7.fsnet.co.uk/t6bike.htm Let's
just hope the weather decides to cooperate!

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Dave Larrington
July 21st 03, 09:51 AM
Subject to official confirmation, Claire covered 52.328 km / 32.522 miles.
We now have to persuade her that covering another ten miles in the hour
should not be a problem :)

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Dave Larrington
July 21st 03, 09:51 AM
Subject to official confirmation, Claire covered 52.328 km / 32.522 miles.
We now have to persuade her that covering another ten miles in the hour
should not be a problem :)

http://www.bhpc.org.uk/

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home