PDA

View Full Version : 20" Carbon forks?

rorschandt
July 18th 03, 07:24 PM
Okay, So I'm seeing these close-out prices for 650 & 700c carbon forks for
like U$50, and my thoughts are "Hmm. Wonder if I could shorten and/or put
brake bosses on those..." What I'd rather find is a decent lightweight fork
for 451 front wheel project bike that doesn't cost so much. There are a few
good deals on some threaded CrMo forks (Power-On Cycling for example)but
I've not seen any aluminum or carbon forks with or without V-brake bosses
in 20". Anyone got a source? This is a LWB, so not much weight will be on
it, like a SWB.

TIA,
rorschandt

Jeff Wills
July 19th 03, 12:12 AM
rorschandt > wrote in message >...
> Okay, So I'm seeing these close-out prices for 650 & 700c carbon forks for
> like U$50, and my thoughts are "Hmm. Wonder if I could shorten and/or put
> brake bosses on those..." What I'd rather find is a decent lightweight fork
> for 451 front wheel project bike that doesn't cost so much. There are a few
> good deals on some threaded CrMo forks (Power-On Cycling for example)but
> I've not seen any aluminum or carbon forks with or without V-brake bosses
> in 20". Anyone got a source? This is a LWB, so not much weight will be on
> it, like a SWB.
>
> TIA,
> rorschandt

Carbon fiber BMX forks are available for mini-BMX bikes. One is the
"Answer Carbon Expert" like this:
http://www.jrbicycles.com/answer%20carbon%20expert%2020%20fork.htm

BMX bikes usually don't use front brakes, so you'll have to figure out
how to mount you own.

Jeff

Jeff Wills
July 19th 03, 12:12 AM
rorschandt > wrote in message >...
> Okay, So I'm seeing these close-out prices for 650 & 700c carbon forks for
> like U$50, and my thoughts are "Hmm. Wonder if I could shorten and/or put
> brake bosses on those..." What I'd rather find is a decent lightweight fork
> for 451 front wheel project bike that doesn't cost so much. There are a few
> good deals on some threaded CrMo forks (Power-On Cycling for example)but
> I've not seen any aluminum or carbon forks with or without V-brake bosses
> in 20". Anyone got a source? This is a LWB, so not much weight will be on
> it, like a SWB.
>
> TIA,
> rorschandt

Carbon fiber BMX forks are available for mini-BMX bikes. One is the
"Answer Carbon Expert" like this:
http://www.jrbicycles.com/answer%20carbon%20expert%2020%20fork.htm

BMX bikes usually don't use front brakes, so you'll have to figure out
how to mount you own.

Jeff

brian hughes
July 19th 03, 12:49 AM
BTW, where are you seeing close-out prices for 700c carbon forks for $50?

Brian

"rorschandt" > wrote in message
30...
> Okay, So I'm seeing these close-out prices for 650 & 700c carbon forks for
> like U$50, and my thoughts are "Hmm. Wonder if I could shorten and/or put
> brake bosses on those..." What I'd rather find is a decent lightweight
fork
> for 451 front wheel project bike that doesn't cost so much. There are a
few
> good deals on some threaded CrMo forks (Power-On Cycling for example)but
> I've not seen any aluminum or carbon forks with or without V-brake bosses
> in 20". Anyone got a source? This is a LWB, so not much weight will be on
> it, like a SWB.
>
> TIA,
> rorschandt

brian hughes
July 19th 03, 12:49 AM
BTW, where are you seeing close-out prices for 700c carbon forks for $50?

Brian

"rorschandt" > wrote in message
30...
> Okay, So I'm seeing these close-out prices for 650 & 700c carbon forks for
> like U$50, and my thoughts are "Hmm. Wonder if I could shorten and/or put
> brake bosses on those..." What I'd rather find is a decent lightweight
fork
> for 451 front wheel project bike that doesn't cost so much. There are a
few
> good deals on some threaded CrMo forks (Power-On Cycling for example)but
> I've not seen any aluminum or carbon forks with or without V-brake bosses
> in 20". Anyone got a source? This is a LWB, so not much weight will be on
> it, like a SWB.
>
> TIA,
> rorschandt

Don
July 19th 03, 04:23 AM
I want one too, only 406.

Don
July 19th 03, 04:23 AM
I want one too, only 406.

rorschandt
July 19th 03, 06:33 AM
"brian hughes" > wrote in
rthlink.net:

> BTW, where are you seeing close-out prices for 700c carbon forks for
> $50?
>
> Brian
>
> "
http://www.chucksbikes.com/fom1.htm

rorschandt
July 19th 03, 06:33 AM
"brian hughes" > wrote in
rthlink.net:

> BTW, where are you seeing close-out prices for 700c carbon forks for
> $50?
>
> Brian
>
> "
http://www.chucksbikes.com/fom1.htm

Don
July 19th 03, 04:52 PM
Disk brakes would work. Note the fork has a 135 lb weight limit.
Of course that is 135lbs for BMX torture, not road riding. Do you
feel lucky today punk? Well do you?

(Jeff Wills) wrote in message >...

> Carbon fiber BMX forks are available for mini-BMX bikes. One is the
> "Answer Carbon Expert" like this:
> http://www.jrbicycles.com/answer%20carbon%20expert%2020%20fork.htm
>
> BMX bikes usually don't use front brakes, so you'll have to figure out
> how to mount you own.
>
> Jeff

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home