PDA

View Full Version : Re: Rebike

bentcruiser
July 21st 03, 05:44 PM
Strada.45 wrote:
> I guess I could just look through the Hostell Shoppe catalog but
> I thought I'd post here to see if anyone had any experience with
> the Rebike.

Some guy named Ed Wong has extensive use with Rebikes. He posts here I
think. He also posts to BROL.

--
- - - -
Derek

- - - -
Derek
Burley Canto, modified

http://www.cyclingforums.com

Strada.45
July 21st 03, 07:31 PM
bentcruiser wrote:
> Some guy named Ed Wong has extensive use with Rebikes. He posts here I
> think. He also posts to BROL.

Thanks Bentcruiser.

Strada.45
July 21st 03, 07:31 PM
bentcruiser wrote:
> Some guy named Ed Wong has extensive use with Rebikes. He posts here I
> think. He also posts to BROL.

Thanks Bentcruiser.

Edward Wong
July 21st 03, 10:44 PM
Strada.45 > wrote in message >...
> Just picked up a like new Rebike Performance 18 from a shop in the St.
> Pete area. It is in great condition and rides perfect for my father who
> is currently on a 1953 Schwinn. We just want to make the rebike
> available for him to ride when he comes to visit. I did some test rides
> and although it feels heavy we really don't have any hills bigger than
> an overpass or speed bump. Anyway, it shifts great and rides smooth. I'm
> going to upgrade the tires immediately from the 40 PSI cheepo's to some
> 75 - 90 psi Schwalbes with kevlar belts and some slime tubes. There was
> some sort of homemade kickstand on it but when engaged the bike was at a
> severe lean and I feared a small breeze would topple it - it has been
> removed. Anybody make a kickstand for this thing? The chainstays are
> square but the dropouts are flat. I guess I could just look through the
> Hostell Shoppe catalog but I thought I'd post here to see if anyone had
> any experience with the Rebike.

I have a Performance that's in very good condition. Believe it or
not, I traded a nearly new BikeE CT for it. It is very comfortable
and my body has long adapted to the heft of the bike. I can go up
steep overpasses on my large chainring, 2 or 3rd gear. If I want to
take it easy, I use the middle chainring 3rd gear or so. The only
issue I have is the spokes on the rear wheel keep breaking. It is not
the original wheel but it is similiar made of steel instead of
aluminum alloy. I will upgrade the wheels to alloy. I'm certain it
will make a noticable difference.

My bike has the original kickstand which works rather well. It bolts
directly to the axle and is steadied by a screw which goes through the
kickstand plate and the dropout. You might be able to find an
aftermarket unit that'll mount the same way.

About 10 months ago, I upgraded the tires to Kenda Kwests HP. What a
difference! I did a ride with a buddy of mine who had gotten a new
Tour Easy and he was most surprised that I had no trouble keeping up
with him. It is a worthy upgrade.

All in all, the ReBike works for me even on long distance rides and it
is the most comfortable even after 50 miles:-)

Edward Wong
Orlando, FL

Edward Wong
July 21st 03, 10:44 PM
Strada.45 > wrote in message >...
> Just picked up a like new Rebike Performance 18 from a shop in the St.
> Pete area. It is in great condition and rides perfect for my father who
> is currently on a 1953 Schwinn. We just want to make the rebike
> available for him to ride when he comes to visit. I did some test rides
> and although it feels heavy we really don't have any hills bigger than
> an overpass or speed bump. Anyway, it shifts great and rides smooth. I'm
> going to upgrade the tires immediately from the 40 PSI cheepo's to some
> 75 - 90 psi Schwalbes with kevlar belts and some slime tubes. There was
> some sort of homemade kickstand on it but when engaged the bike was at a
> severe lean and I feared a small breeze would topple it - it has been
> removed. Anybody make a kickstand for this thing? The chainstays are
> square but the dropouts are flat. I guess I could just look through the
> Hostell Shoppe catalog but I thought I'd post here to see if anyone had
> any experience with the Rebike.

I have a Performance that's in very good condition. Believe it or
not, I traded a nearly new BikeE CT for it. It is very comfortable
and my body has long adapted to the heft of the bike. I can go up
steep overpasses on my large chainring, 2 or 3rd gear. If I want to
take it easy, I use the middle chainring 3rd gear or so. The only
issue I have is the spokes on the rear wheel keep breaking. It is not
the original wheel but it is similiar made of steel instead of
aluminum alloy. I will upgrade the wheels to alloy. I'm certain it
will make a noticable difference.

My bike has the original kickstand which works rather well. It bolts
directly to the axle and is steadied by a screw which goes through the
kickstand plate and the dropout. You might be able to find an
aftermarket unit that'll mount the same way.

About 10 months ago, I upgraded the tires to Kenda Kwests HP. What a
difference! I did a ride with a buddy of mine who had gotten a new
Tour Easy and he was most surprised that I had no trouble keeping up
with him. It is a worthy upgrade.

All in all, the ReBike works for me even on long distance rides and it
is the most comfortable even after 50 miles:-)

Edward Wong
Orlando, FL

Joshua Goldberg
July 21st 03, 11:35 PM
Hey I live here too ya know and have had 2 ReBikes (so far) and am thinking
about starting a collection. One of the best bents ever made...apart from
the weight, brakes, tires, gears and flaking enamel.
Am thinking of using them as the ideal platform for an E-Bike.

"Strada.45" > wrote in message
> bentcruiser wrote:
> > Some guy named Ed Wong has extensive use with Rebikes. He posts here I
> > think. He also posts to BROL.
>

> Thanks Bentcruiser.
>

> --

Google