PDA

View Full Version : Giro and the TDF

Randall
May 29th 12, 05:00 AM
I was wondering if anyone has thoughts about how the Giro results will affect this years years TDF. Personally I think the years Giro shows little as many have in the past. Some Giro's do give some indication how a rider will do in the Giro, but most do not. A one lapse between the Giro and the TDF is a welcome change. Hopefully more prospective TDF winners will enter the Giro now.

Frederick the Great
May 29th 12, 05:55 AM
In article >,
Randall > wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has thoughts about how the Giro results will affect this years years TDF. Personally I think the years Giro shows little as many have in the past. Some Giro's do give some indication how a rider will do in the Giro, but most do not. A one lapse between the Giro and the TDF is a welcome change. Hopefully more prospective TDF winners will enter the Giro now.

Frank Schleck is on form to win the TdF.

--
Old Fritz

atriage[_6_]
May 29th 12, 01:15 PM
On 29/05/2012 05:55, Frederick the Great wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> I was wondering if anyone has thoughts about how the Giro results will affect this years years TDF. Personally I think the years Giro shows little as many have in the past. Some Giro's do give some indication how a rider will do in the Giro, but most do not. A one lapse between the Giro and the TDF is a welcome change. Hopefully more prospective TDF winners will enter the Giro now.
>
> Frank Schleck is on form to win the TdF.

In fact I do believe he's just received the yellow jersey.

Randall
May 29th 12, 01:38 PM
A injury and dropping out of the Giro is hardly a positive sign. Personally I think the Schleck's talent has been overestimated. But a manager like Bruyneel can make the most of their talent.

On Monday, May 28, 2012 9:55:31 PM UTC-7, Frederick the Great wrote:
> In article >,
> Randall > wrote:
>
> > I was wondering if anyone has thoughts about how the Giro results will affect this years years TDF. Personally I think the years Giro shows little as many have in the past. Some Giro's do give some indication how a rider will do in the Giro, but most do not. A one lapse between the Giro and the TDF is a welcome change. Hopefully more prospective TDF winners will enter the Giro now.
>
> Frank Schleck is on form to win the TdF.
>
> --
> Old Fritz

DirtRoadie
May 29th 12, 10:08 PM
On May 29, 6:15*am, atriage > wrote:
> On 29/05/2012 05:55, Frederick the Great wrote:> In >,
> > * > *wrote:
>
> >> I was wondering if anyone has thoughts about how the Giro results will affect this years years TDF. Personally I think the years Giro shows little as many have in the past. Some Giro's do give some indication how a rider will do in the Giro, but most do not. A one lapse between the Giro and the TDF is a welcome change. Hopefully more prospective TDF winners will enter the Giro now.
>
> > Frank Schleck is on form to win the TdF.
>
> In fact I do believe he's just received the yellow jersey.

His brother gave it to him?
What a lovely gesture!
DR

atriage[_6_]
May 29th 12, 10:38 PM
On 29/05/2012 22:08, DirtRoadie wrote:
> On May 29, 6:15 am, > wrote:
>> On 29/05/2012 05:55, Frederick the Great wrote:> In >,

>>> Frank Schleck is on form to win the TdF.
>>
>> In fact I do believe he's just received the yellow jersey.
>
> His brother gave it to him?
> What a lovely gesture!

Yeah sweet although Andy has been widely quoted as saying that he
doesn't want the ****ing thing so giving it to Frank to look after made
sense.

Steve Freides[_2_]
May 31st 12, 07:35 PM
Randall wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone has thoughts about how the Giro results
> will affect this years years TDF. Personally I think the years Giro
> shows little as many have in the past. Some Giro's do give some
> indication how a rider will do in the Giro, but most do not. A one
> lapse between the Giro and the TDF is a welcome change. Hopefully
> more prospective TDF winners will enter the Giro now.

IMHO, the short answer is that sponsorships make it tough for a rider to
enter the Giro these days without going all out. If a rider could go
easy but still place respectably, it might bode well for his performance
a few weeks later. I'm not sure any rider can win both these days -
just too draining.

-S-

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home