PDA

View Full Version : Number plates for bicycles proposed in Tokyo

Mr. Benn[_14_]
June 11th 12, 12:39 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/9323432/Number-plates-for-bicycles-proposed-in-Tokyo.html

Bicycles in Tokyo may be required to display individual number plates like
cars, according to new government proposals.

The move would aim to lower the number of accidents and improve etiquette in
Tokyo, a city where cycling is widely popular among salarymen, students and
housewives alike.

The proposals were outlined by a panel of experts in traffic safety and
education as part of a study group formed by Tokyo Metropolitan Government,
according to reports in the Sankei Shimbun.

The move would involve each individual bicycle possessing its own number
plate, in the same way cars are registered, which would make it easier to
track down the owners of abandoned or stolen two-wheeled vehicles.

Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate Institute for Policy
Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a move would also
help stem the current rise in the number of cycling accidents, the Sankei
reported.

The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan Government in
September, are the latest in a string of moves to improve cycling conditions
in Japan's capital.

[...]

Mrcheerful[_3_]
June 11th 12, 12:50 PM
Mr. Benn wrote:
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/9323432/Number-plates-for-bicycles-proposed-in-Tokyo.html
>
> Bicycles in Tokyo may be required to display individual number plates
> like cars, according to new government proposals.
>
> The move would aim to lower the number of accidents and improve
> etiquette in Tokyo, a city where cycling is widely popular among
> salarymen, students and housewives alike.
>
> The proposals were outlined by a panel of experts in traffic safety
> and education as part of a study group formed by Tokyo Metropolitan
> Government, according to reports in the Sankei Shimbun.
>
> The move would involve each individual bicycle possessing its own
> number plate, in the same way cars are registered, which would make
> it easier to track down the owners of abandoned or stolen two-wheeled
> vehicles.
> Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate Institute for
> Policy Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a move
> would also help stem the current rise in the number of cycling
> accidents, the Sankei reported.
>
> The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan
> Government in September, are the latest in a string of moves to
> improve cycling conditions in Japan's capital.
>
> The move would aim to lower the number of accidents and improve
> etiquette in Tokyo, a city where cycling is widely popular among
> salarymen, students and housewives alike.
>
> The proposals were outlined by a panel of experts in traffic safety
> and education as part of a study group formed by Tokyo Metropolitan
> Government, according to reports in the Sankei Shimbun.
>
> The move would involve each individual bicycle possessing its own
> number plate, in the same way cars are registered, which would make
> it easier to track down the owners of abandoned or stolen two-wheeled
> vehicles.
> Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate Institute for
> Policy Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a move
> would also help stem the current rise in the number of cycling
> accidents, the Sankei reported.
>
> The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan
> Government in September, are the latest in a string of moves to
> improve cycling conditions in Japan's capital.

cue cyclobabble about it being impossible to do since cycles cannot have
number plates attached due to the design of the bicycle.

Mr. Benn[_14_]
June 11th 12, 01:04 PM
"Mrcheerful" > wrote in message
> Mr. Benn wrote:
>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/9323432/Number-plates-for-bicycles-proposed-in-Tokyo.html
>>
>> Bicycles in Tokyo may be required to display individual number plates
>> like cars, according to new government proposals.
>>
>> The move would aim to lower the number of accidents and improve
>> etiquette in Tokyo, a city where cycling is widely popular among
>> salarymen, students and housewives alike.
>>
>> The proposals were outlined by a panel of experts in traffic safety
>> and education as part of a study group formed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>> Government, according to reports in the Sankei Shimbun.
>>
>> The move would involve each individual bicycle possessing its own
>> number plate, in the same way cars are registered, which would make
>> it easier to track down the owners of abandoned or stolen two-wheeled
>> vehicles.
>> Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate Institute for
>> Policy Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a move
>> would also help stem the current rise in the number of cycling
>> accidents, the Sankei reported.
>>
>> The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>> Government in September, are the latest in a string of moves to
>> improve cycling conditions in Japan's capital.
>>
>> The move would aim to lower the number of accidents and improve
>> etiquette in Tokyo, a city where cycling is widely popular among
>> salarymen, students and housewives alike.
>>
>> The proposals were outlined by a panel of experts in traffic safety
>> and education as part of a study group formed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>> Government, according to reports in the Sankei Shimbun.
>>
>> The move would involve each individual bicycle possessing its own
>> number plate, in the same way cars are registered, which would make
>> it easier to track down the owners of abandoned or stolen two-wheeled
>> vehicles.
>> Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate Institute for
>> Policy Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a move
>> would also help stem the current rise in the number of cycling
>> accidents, the Sankei reported.
>>
>> The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>> Government in September, are the latest in a string of moves to
>> improve cycling conditions in Japan's capital.
>
> cue cyclobabble about it being impossible to do since cycles cannot have
> number plates attached due to the design of the bicycle.

The plates could be mounted to the rear and below the saddle. I'm not
talking about car-sized registration plates but something smaller.

Mrcheerful[_3_]
June 11th 12, 01:20 PM
Mr. Benn wrote:
> "Mrcheerful" > wrote in message
>> Mr. Benn wrote:
>>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/9323432/Number-plates-for-bicycles-proposed-in-Tokyo.html
>>>
>>> Bicycles in Tokyo may be required to display individual number
>>> plates like cars, according to new government proposals.
>>>
>>> The move would aim to lower the number of accidents and improve
>>> etiquette in Tokyo, a city where cycling is widely popular among
>>> salarymen, students and housewives alike.
>>>
>>> The proposals were outlined by a panel of experts in traffic safety
>>> and education as part of a study group formed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>>> Government, according to reports in the Sankei Shimbun.
>>>
>>> The move would involve each individual bicycle possessing its own
>>> number plate, in the same way cars are registered, which would make
>>> it easier to track down the owners of abandoned or stolen
>>> two-wheeled vehicles.
>>> Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate Institute for
>>> Policy Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a
>>> move would also help stem the current rise in the number of cycling
>>> accidents, the Sankei reported.
>>>
>>> The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>>> Government in September, are the latest in a string of moves to
>>> improve cycling conditions in Japan's capital.
>>>
>>> The move would aim to lower the number of accidents and improve
>>> etiquette in Tokyo, a city where cycling is widely popular among
>>> salarymen, students and housewives alike.
>>>
>>> The proposals were outlined by a panel of experts in traffic safety
>>> and education as part of a study group formed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>>> Government, according to reports in the Sankei Shimbun.
>>>
>>> The move would involve each individual bicycle possessing its own
>>> number plate, in the same way cars are registered, which would make
>>> it easier to track down the owners of abandoned or stolen
>>> two-wheeled vehicles.
>>> Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate Institute for
>>> Policy Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a
>>> move would also help stem the current rise in the number of cycling
>>> accidents, the Sankei reported.
>>>
>>> The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>>> Government in September, are the latest in a string of moves to
>>> improve cycling conditions in Japan's capital.
>>
>> cue cyclobabble about it being impossible to do since cycles cannot
>> have number plates attached due to the design of the bicycle.
>
> The plates could be mounted to the rear and below the saddle. I'm not
> talking about car-sized registration plates but something smaller.

it would make no difference if they were the size of a postage stamp, it is
categorically impossible to put number plates on bicycles, this has been
stated as fact many times by the psycholists here.

June 11th 12, 01:36 PM
On Monday, June 11, 2012 1:20:23 PM UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
> Mr. Benn wrote:

> >> cue cyclobabble about it being impossible to do since cycles cannot
> >> have number plates attached due to the design of the bicycle.
> >
> > The plates could be mounted to the rear and below the saddle. I'm not
> > talking about car-sized registration plates but something smaller.
>
> it would make no difference if they were the size of a postage stamp, it is
> categorically impossible to put number plates on bicycles, this has been
> stated as fact many times by the psycholists here.

Benn and Cheerful, the Ant and Dec of trolling.

PhilO
June 11th 12, 01:44 PM
On Jun 11, 12:50*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:

> cue cyclobabble about it being impossible to do since cycles cannot have
> number plates attached due to the design of the bicycle.- Hide quoted text -

That is made up, isn't it.

Or would you care to cite a few examples?

PhilO
June 11th 12, 01:45 PM
On Jun 11, 1:20*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
..

> it would make no difference if they were the size of a postage stamp, it is
> categorically impossible to put number plates on bicycles, this has been
> stated as fact many times by the psycholists here.- Hide quoted text -

Oooh, "stated as fact many times"

That means you'll easily be able to provide a few examples, then.

Mrcheerful[_3_]
June 11th 12, 01:53 PM
PhilO wrote:
> On Jun 11, 1:20 pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
> .
>>
>> it would make no difference if they were the size of a postage
>> stamp, it is categorically impossible to put number plates on
>> bicycles, this has been stated as fact many times by the psycholists
>> here.- Hide quoted text -
>>
> Oooh, "stated as fact many times"
>
> That means you'll easily be able to provide a few examples, then.

just for you:
On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 09:19:08 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason >
wrote:

Those type of numbers are often handed out at cycle events and are
usually taped or cable tied to handlebars as a temporary ID number for
the event. They are then removed and handed back to the HQ for use at
further events. I have never seen any affixed to the *rear* of a road
bike as there is no room, nor anywhere to attach it to.

June 11th 12, 02:04 PM
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 05:44:48 -0700 (PDT)
PhilO > wrote:
>On Jun 11, 12:50=A0pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>

>> cue cyclobabble about it being impossible to do since cycles cannot have
>> number plates attached due to the design of the bicycle.- Hide quoted tex=
>t -
>>
>That is made up, isn't it.
>
>Or would you care to cite a few examples?

Someone can't spot sarcasm.

B2003

Mrcheerful[_3_]
June 11th 12, 02:11 PM
wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 05:44:48 -0700 (PDT)
> PhilO > wrote:
>> On Jun 11, 12:50=A0pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>>

>>> cue cyclobabble about it being impossible to do since cycles cannot
>>> have number plates attached due to the design of the bicycle.- Hide
>>> quoted tex= t -
>>>
>> That is made up, isn't it.
>>
>> Or would you care to cite a few examples?
>
> Someone can't spot sarcasm.
>
> B2003

sorry to tell you, I was serious .

June 11th 12, 02:29 PM
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 14:11:46 +0100
"Mrcheerful" > wrote:
wrote:
>> On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 05:44:48 -0700 (PDT)
>> PhilO > wrote:

>>> That is made up, isn't it.
>>>
>>> Or would you care to cite a few examples?
>>
>> Someone can't spot sarcasm.
>>
>> B2003
>
>sorry to tell you, I was serious .

You were seriously taking the ****.

B2003

PhilO
June 11th 12, 03:05 PM
On Jun 11, 1:53*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:

> > Oooh, "stated as fact many times"
>
> > That means you'll easily be able to provide a few examples, then.
>
> just for you:
> On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 09:19:08 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason >
> wrote:
>
> Those type of numbers are often handed out at cycle events and are
> usually taped or cable tied to handlebars as a temporary ID number for
> the event. They are then removed and handed back to the HQ for use at
> further events. I have never seen any affixed to the *rear* of a road
> bike as there is no room, nor anywhere to attach it to.

Is that it? One example from over a year ago referring to one specific
type of number?

Does that count as "stated as fact many times"?

PhilO
June 11th 12, 03:06 PM
On Jun 11, 2:04*pm, wrote:

> Someone can't spot sarcasm.
>
> B2003

No, he actually believes the rubbish he posts. That's how mad he is.

Mrcheerful[_3_]
June 11th 12, 03:13 PM
PhilO wrote:
> On Jun 11, 1:53 pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>
>>> Oooh, "stated as fact many times"
>>
>>> That means you'll easily be able to provide a few examples, then.
>>
>> just for you:
>> On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 09:19:08 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
>> > wrote:
>>
>> Those type of numbers are often handed out at cycle events and are
>> usually taped or cable tied to handlebars as a temporary ID number
>> for the event. They are then removed and handed back to the HQ for
>> use at further events. I have never seen any affixed to the *rear*
>> of a road bike as there is no room, nor anywhere to attach it to.
>
> Is that it? One example from over a year ago referring to one specific
> type of number?
>
> Does that count as "stated as fact many times"?

That was in regard to numberplates in general and racing numbers in
particular.
Mason (in particular) has, on many occasions, stated that affixing a number
plate to a bicycle is impossible.

Mrcheerful[_3_]
June 11th 12, 03:15 PM
PhilO wrote:
> On Jun 11, 2:04 pm, wrote:
>

>> Someone can't spot sarcasm.
>>
>> B2003
>
> No, he actually believes the rubbish he posts. That's how mad he is.

Goodness, how rude, you must be a cyclist.

Dave - Cyclists VOR
June 11th 12, 03:25 PM
On 11/06/2012 13:20, Mrcheerful wrote:
> Mr. Benn wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>>> cue cyclobabble about it being impossible to do since cycles cannot
>>> have number plates attached due to the design of the bicycle.
>>
>> The plates could be mounted to the rear and below the saddle. I'm not
>> talking about car-sized registration plates but something smaller.
>
> it would make no difference if they were the size of a postage stamp, it is
> categorically impossible to put number plates on bicycles, this has been
> stated as fact many times by the psycholists here.

And having stated that, someone a bit simple would post a link to a
handyman service in London who have large advertising boards mounted on
their child's toys.

University

PhilO
June 11th 12, 03:35 PM
On Jun 11, 3:13*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:

> That was in regard to numberplates in general and racing numbers in
> particular.
> Mason (in particular) has, on many occasions, stated that affixing a number
> plate to a bicycle is impossible.

The one quote you provided actually shows him acknowledging numbers
are used on bikes and stating there was no room at the rear (he even
emphasised rear).
So, that is no example of people claiming "cycles cannot have number
plates attached due to the design of the bicycle," just one person
saying they don't fit at the rear.

Come on, where are these "stated as fact many times" examples.

PhilO
June 11th 12, 03:36 PM
On Jun 11, 3:15*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:

> Goodness, how rude, you must be a cyclist.

What does that make Judith?

Or do you not take objection to her foul language and insults?

PhilO
June 11th 12, 03:37 PM
On Jun 11, 3:25*pm, Dave - Cyclists VOR >
wrote:

> And having stated that, someone a bit simple would post a link to a
> handyman service in London who have large advertising boards mounted on
> their child's toys.

Dave,

Are you saying these handymen are children?
Or that the bicycles belong to their children?

Mrcheerful[_3_]
June 11th 12, 03:37 PM
PhilO wrote:
> On Jun 11, 3:13 pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>

>> That was in regard to numberplates in general and racing numbers in
>> particular.
>> Mason (in particular) has, on many occasions, stated that affixing a
>> number plate to a bicycle is impossible.
>>

> The one quote you provided actually shows him acknowledging numbers
> are used on bikes and stating there was no room at the rear (he even
> emphasised rear).
> So, that is no example of people claiming "cycles cannot have number
> plates attached due to the design of the bicycle," just one person
> saying they don't fit at the rear.
>
> Come on, where are these "stated as fact many times" examples.

Read back through the group, you will find them.

Mrcheerful[_3_]
June 11th 12, 04:16 PM
PhilO wrote:
> On Jun 11, 3:15 pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:
>

>> Goodness, how rude, you must be a cyclist.
>
> What does that make Judith?
>
> Or do you not take objection to her foul language and insults?

She is never rude to me.

Dave - Cyclists VOR
June 11th 12, 04:18 PM
On 11/06/2012 15:37, PhilO wrote:
> On Jun 11, 3:25 pm, Dave - Cyclists >
> wrote:
>

>> And having stated that, someone a bit simple would post a link to a
>> handyman service in London who have large advertising boards mounted on
>> their child's toys.
>>

> Dave,
>
> Are you saying these handymen are children?
> Or that the bicycles belong to their children?

I'm saying those handymen are stupid.

University

Dave - Cyclists VOR
June 11th 12, 04:19 PM
On 11/06/2012 15:36, PhilO wrote:
> On Jun 11, 3:15 pm, > wrote:
>

>> Goodness, how rude, you must be a cyclist.
>
> What does that make Judith?
>
> Or do you not take objection to her foul language and insults?

What foul language & insults?

University

Peter Hill
June 11th 12, 07:11 PM
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 12:39:43 +0100, "Mr. Benn"
> wrote:

>http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/9323432/Number-plates-for-bicycles-proposed-in-Tokyo.html
>
>Bicycles in Tokyo may be required to display individual number plates like
>cars, according to new government proposals.
<snip>

What is this? Tokyo today, London tomorrow, whole of UK next week?

And it's only Tokyo not the whole of Japan.

What do they do about someone that cycles in the provinces? Arrest
them at the city limit for not having a number plate? Issue one on the
spot?
--
Peter Hill
Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header

Judith[_4_]
June 11th 12, 07:37 PM
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 12:39:43 +0100, "Mr. Benn" > wrote:

<snip>
>Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate Institute for Policy
>Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a move would also
>help stem the current rise in the number of cycling accidents, the Sankei
>reported.
>
>The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan Government in
>September, are the latest in a string of moves to improve cycling conditions
>in Japan's capital.

Excellent idea.

Judith[_4_]
June 11th 12, 07:38 PM
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 13:20:23 +0100, "Mrcheerful" >
wrote:

<snip>
>it would make no difference if they were the size of a postage stamp, it is
>categorically impossible to put number plates on bicycles, this has been
>stated as fact many times by the psycholists here.

And don't forget : if they were put on, then they would be invisible to the
naked eye.

Judith[_4_]
June 11th 12, 07:57 PM

Here's a couple - always nice to point out that you are a ****wit.

On Feb 10, 12:58*pm, Ian Smith > wrote:

> I'm less sure what Partac's point is - some bicycle riders cannot be
> traced, and if they had registration plates then they could be? *I'm
> not sure why he thinks registration plates on bicycles will be more
> effective than registration plates on motor vehicles, but presumably
> it makes sense to him.

It makes no sense to me.
How can a registration plate be fitted to a bog standard road bike?

--
Simon Mason

I think you're missing the point. It is perfectly possible to fit rear
numbers to some bikes, if they have been previously fitted with
"proper" mudguards. But it is a matter of observation that most bikes
do not have such mudguards, and many bikes cannot accept them. And
both situations are entirely legal under current law.

So being able to fit numbers to all bikes is a much bigger project
than fitting numbers to the minority of bikes that could easily accept
them

MartynH

Hello PhilattiO

I just love the way that you have to comment on my every post.

I really do appreciate it.

You really are excellent value.

Brian Robertson[_5_]
June 11th 12, 08:55 PM
On 11/06/2012 12:39, Mr. Benn wrote:
> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/9323432/Number-plates-for-bicycles-proposed-in-Tokyo.html
>

> Bicycles in Tokyo may be required to display individual number plates
> like cars, according to new government proposals.
>
> The move would aim to lower the number of accidents and improve
> etiquette in Tokyo, a city where cycling is widely popular among
> salarymen, students and housewives alike.
>
> The proposals were outlined by a panel of experts in traffic safety and
> education as part of a study group formed by Tokyo Metropolitan
> Government, according to reports in the Sankei Shimbun.
>
> The move would involve each individual bicycle possessing its own number
> plate, in the same way cars are registered, which would make it easier
> to track down the owners of abandoned or stolen two-wheeled vehicles.
>
> Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate Institute for Policy
> Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a move would
> also help stem the current rise in the number of cycling accidents, the
> Sankei reported.
>
> The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan Government
> in September, are the latest in a string of moves to improve cycling
> conditions in Japan's capital.
>
> The move would aim to lower the number of accidents and improve
> etiquette in Tokyo, a city where cycling is widely popular among
> salarymen, students and housewives alike.
>
> The proposals were outlined by a panel of experts in traffic safety and
> education as part of a study group formed by Tokyo Metropolitan
> Government, according to reports in the Sankei Shimbun.
>
> The move would involve each individual bicycle possessing its own number
> plate, in the same way cars are registered, which would make it easier
> to track down the owners of abandoned or stolen two-wheeled vehicles.
>
> Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate Institute for Policy
> Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a move would
> also help stem the current rise in the number of cycling accidents, the
> Sankei reported.
>
> The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan Government
> in September, are the latest in a string of moves to improve cycling
> conditions in Japan's capital.

But it isn't going to happen in the UK, you stupid, dumb, petrol heads.
It just isn't going to happen. I am going to carry on crashing red
lights, riding on pavements, and going the wrong way up one way streets.
And, judging by Scotland, you low life are going to become more and more
persecuted and marginalised to the benefit of me.

I can live with this :-)

Brian.

Mrcheerful[_3_]
June 11th 12, 09:20 PM
Brian Robertson wrote:
> On 11/06/2012 12:39, Mr. Benn wrote:
>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/9323432/Number-plates-for-bicycles-proposed-in-Tokyo.html
>>

>> Bicycles in Tokyo may be required to display individual number plates
>> like cars, according to new government proposals.
>>
>> The move would aim to lower the number of accidents and improve
>> etiquette in Tokyo, a city where cycling is widely popular among
>> salarymen, students and housewives alike.
>>
>> The proposals were outlined by a panel of experts in traffic safety
>> and education as part of a study group formed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>> Government, according to reports in the Sankei Shimbun.
>>
>> The move would involve each individual bicycle possessing its own
>> number plate, in the same way cars are registered, which would make
>> it easier to track down the owners of abandoned or stolen
>> two-wheeled vehicles. Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate
>> Institute for
>> Policy Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a
>> move would also help stem the current rise in the number of cycling
>> accidents, the Sankei reported.
>>
>> The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>> Government in September, are the latest in a string of moves to
>> improve cycling conditions in Japan's capital.
>>
>> The move would aim to lower the number of accidents and improve
>> etiquette in Tokyo, a city where cycling is widely popular among
>> salarymen, students and housewives alike.
>>
>> The proposals were outlined by a panel of experts in traffic safety
>> and education as part of a study group formed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>> Government, according to reports in the Sankei Shimbun.
>>
>> The move would involve each individual bicycle possessing its own
>> number plate, in the same way cars are registered, which would make
>> it easier to track down the owners of abandoned or stolen
>> two-wheeled vehicles. Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate
>> Institute for
>> Policy Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a
>> move would also help stem the current rise in the number of cycling
>> accidents, the Sankei reported.
>>
>> The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>> Government in September, are the latest in a string of moves to
>> improve cycling conditions in Japan's capital.
>
> But it isn't going to happen in the UK, you stupid, dumb, petrol
> heads. It just isn't going to happen. I am going to carry on crashing
> red lights, riding on pavements, and going the wrong way up one way
> streets. And, judging by Scotland, you low life are going to become
> more and more persecuted and marginalised to the benefit of me.
>
> I can live with this :-)
>
> Brian.

only for so long.

Peter Hill
June 11th 12, 11:16 PM
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 21:20:42 +0100, "Mrcheerful"
> wrote:

>Brian Robertson wrote:
>> On 11/06/2012 12:39, Mr. Benn wrote:
>>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/9323432/Number-plates-for-bicycles-proposed-in-Tokyo.html
>>>

>> But it isn't going to happen in the UK, you stupid, dumb, petrol
>> heads. It just isn't going to happen. I am going to carry on crashing
>> red lights, riding on pavements, and going the wrong way up one way
>> streets. And, judging by Scotland, you low life are going to become
>> more and more persecuted and marginalised to the benefit of me.
>>
>> I can live with this :-)
>>
>> Brian.
>
>only for so long.

Yup the car he commits suicide under by running a red light or
proceeding against the flow of traffic will have an insurance camera
fitted.

His life policy(s) will be void.
--
Peter Hill
Spamtrap reply domain as per NNTP-Posting-Host in header
Can of worms - what every fisherman wants.
Can of worms - what every PC owner gets!

Dave - Cyclists VOR
June 12th 12, 12:48 AM
On 11/06/2012 20:55, Brian Robertson wrote:
> On 11/06/2012 12:39, Mr. Benn wrote:
>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/9323432/Number-plates-for-bicycles-proposed-in-Tokyo.html
>>

>> Bicycles in Tokyo may be required to display individual number plates
>> like cars, according to new government proposals.
>>
>> The move would aim to lower the number of accidents and improve
>> etiquette in Tokyo, a city where cycling is widely popular among
>> salarymen, students and housewives alike.
>>
>> The proposals were outlined by a panel of experts in traffic safety and
>> education as part of a study group formed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>> Government, according to reports in the Sankei Shimbun.
>>
>> The move would involve each individual bicycle possessing its own number
>> plate, in the same way cars are registered, which would make it easier
>> to track down the owners of abandoned or stolen two-wheeled vehicles.
>>
>> Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate Institute for Policy
>> Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a move would
>> also help stem the current rise in the number of cycling accidents, the
>> Sankei reported.
>>
>> The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan Government
>> in September, are the latest in a string of moves to improve cycling
>> conditions in Japan's capital.
>>
>> The move would aim to lower the number of accidents and improve
>> etiquette in Tokyo, a city where cycling is widely popular among
>> salarymen, students and housewives alike.
>>
>> The proposals were outlined by a panel of experts in traffic safety and
>> education as part of a study group formed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>> Government, according to reports in the Sankei Shimbun.
>>
>> The move would involve each individual bicycle possessing its own number
>> plate, in the same way cars are registered, which would make it easier
>> to track down the owners of abandoned or stolen two-wheeled vehicles.
>>
>> Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate Institute for Policy
>> Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a move would
>> also help stem the current rise in the number of cycling accidents, the
>> Sankei reported.
>>
>> The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan Government
>> in September, are the latest in a string of moves to improve cycling
>> conditions in Japan's capital.
>
> But it isn't going to happen in the UK, you stupid, dumb, petrol heads.
> It just isn't going to happen.

I can hear your arse puckering from here.

> I am going to carry on crashing red
> lights, riding on pavements, and going the wrong way up one way streets.

So you admit that cyclists are criminals then?

University

Brian Robertson[_5_]
June 12th 12, 08:45 AM
On 12/06/2012 00:48, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:
> On 11/06/2012 20:55, Brian Robertson wrote:
>> On 11/06/2012 12:39, Mr. Benn wrote:
>>> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/japan/9323432/Number-plates-for-bicycles-proposed-in-Tokyo.html
>>>

>>> Bicycles in Tokyo may be required to display individual number plates
>>> like cars, according to new government proposals.
>>>
>>> The move would aim to lower the number of accidents and improve
>>> etiquette in Tokyo, a city where cycling is widely popular among
>>> salarymen, students and housewives alike.
>>>
>>> The proposals were outlined by a panel of experts in traffic safety and
>>> education as part of a study group formed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>>> Government, according to reports in the Sankei Shimbun.
>>>
>>> The move would involve each individual bicycle possessing its own number
>>> plate, in the same way cars are registered, which would make it easier
>>> to track down the owners of abandoned or stolen two-wheeled vehicles.
>>>
>>> Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate Institute for Policy
>>> Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a move would
>>> also help stem the current rise in the number of cycling accidents, the
>>> Sankei reported.
>>>
>>> The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan Government
>>> in September, are the latest in a string of moves to improve cycling
>>> conditions in Japan's capital.
>>>
>>> The move would aim to lower the number of accidents and improve
>>> etiquette in Tokyo, a city where cycling is widely popular among
>>> salarymen, students and housewives alike.
>>>
>>> The proposals were outlined by a panel of experts in traffic safety and
>>> education as part of a study group formed by Tokyo Metropolitan
>>> Government, according to reports in the Sankei Shimbun.
>>>
>>> The move would involve each individual bicycle possessing its own number
>>> plate, in the same way cars are registered, which would make it easier
>>> to track down the owners of abandoned or stolen two-wheeled vehicles.
>>>
>>> Shigeru Morichi, professor at the National Graduate Institute for Policy
>>> Studies, who headed the study group, proposed that such a move would
>>> also help stem the current rise in the number of cycling accidents, the
>>> Sankei reported.
>>>
>>> The proposals, which will be discussed by Tokyo Metropolitan Government
>>> in September, are the latest in a string of moves to improve cycling
>>> conditions in Japan's capital.
>>
>> But it isn't going to happen in the UK, you stupid, dumb, petrol heads.
>> It just isn't going to happen.
>
> I can hear your arse puckering from here.
>
>> I am going to carry on crashing red
>> lights, riding on pavements, and going the wrong way up one way streets.
>
> So you admit that cyclists are criminals then?

What is criminal about protecting yourself from killers in tin cans on
the road?

Mrcheerful[_3_]
June 12th 12, 09:44 AM
Brian Robertson wrote:
> On 12/06/2012 00:48, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

>>> But it isn't going to happen in the UK, you stupid, dumb, petrol
>>> heads. It just isn't going to happen.
>>
>> I can hear your arse puckering from here.
>>
>>> I am going to carry on crashing red
>>> lights, riding on pavements, and going the wrong way up one way
>>> streets.
>>
>> So you admit that cyclists are criminals then?
>>

> What is criminal about protecting yourself from killers in tin cans on
> the road?

There are ways without breaking the law in the process.

Brian Robertson[_5_]
June 12th 12, 10:13 AM
On 12/06/2012 09:44, Mrcheerful wrote:
> Brian Robertson wrote:

>>> I can hear your arse puckering from here.

>>> So you admit that cyclists are criminals then?
>>>

>> What is criminal about protecting yourself from killers in tin cans on
>> the road?
>
> There are ways without breaking the law in the process.

No, there very often aren't. Oh, I'm with you on the cyclists who thrash
along pavements in built up areas risking life and limb of the poor sods
on two legs, and I am equally contemptuous of the lycra clad louts who
act as if traffic lights simply don't exist, let alone apply to them.

But there are plenty of instances where I KNOW that breaking the law
(carefully) is in the interests of myself AND motorists (if you accept
that running me and my bike over might chip their paintwork and their
no-claims bonus).

It also ****es me off that we get all this criticism of cycling on
pavements at the same time as shared pavements are becoming more common,
and the signposting of lots of them more confusing.

PhilO
June 12th 12, 10:21 AM
On Jun 11, 3:37*pm, "Mrcheerful" > wrote:

> > Come on, where are these *"stated as fact many times" examples.
>
> Read back through the group, you will find them.

So you make an untrue statement. I challenge it. You provide one
example that doesn't support your statement and now I have to read
back through the group to find proof of what you claim?

Come on - have the guts to back up the claim you made that it has been
"stated as fact many times"

Three examples from three different posters will do.

PhilO
June 12th 12, 02:07 PM
On Jun 11, 7:57*pm, Judith > wrote:

> Here's a couple - always nice to point out that you are a ****wit.

As sweet as ever Judith.

> ================================================== ======
>
> On Feb 10, 12:58*pm, Ian Smith > wrote:
>

> > I'm less sure what Partac's point is - some bicycle riders cannot be
> > traced, and if they had registration plates then they could be? *I'm
> > not sure why he thinks registration plates on bicycles will be more
> > effective than registration plates on motor vehicles, but presumably
> > it makes sense to him.
>
> It makes no sense to me.
> How can a registration plate be fitted to a bog standard road bike?
>
> --
> Simon Mason
> ================================================== =====
>
> I think you're missing the point. It is perfectly possible to fit rear
> numbers to some bikes, if they have been previously fitted with
> "proper" mudguards. But it is a matter of observation that most bikes
> do not have such mudguards, and many bikes cannot accept them. And
> both situations are entirely legal under current law.
>
> So being able to fit numbers to all bikes is a much bigger project
> than fitting numbers to the minority of bikes that could easily accept
> them
>
> MartynH
>
> ================================================== =====
>
> --

Judith, You should read before you post.

The first example asks how a registration plate can be fitted to a
road bike (a minority subsection of bicycles), the second actually
accepts that many bikes could already accept number plates and talks
of fitting number plates to all others as "a project"

Neither of these fit Cheerless's claim that "it is categorically
impossible to put number plates on bicycles, this has been
stated as fact many times by the psycholists here"

Try again.

> Hello PhilattiO

Oooh, resorting to names again, always a bad sign.

> I just love the way that you have to comment on my every post.

More lies.

Peter Keller[_3_]
June 12th 12, 08:18 PM
On Mon, 11 Jun 2012 19:57:56 +0100, Judith wrote:

> you are a ****wit.

"Mature people don't have to insult each other to communicate,"

--
If you are riding you are winning.

Dave - Cyclists VOR
June 12th 12, 08:22 PM
On 12/06/2012 18:52, Brian Robertson wrote:
> On 12/06/2012 17:52, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

>>> What is criminal about protecting yourself from killers in tin cans on
>>> the road?
>>
>> If you decide to use a child's toy as a form of transport you must
>> expect it to be dangerous.
>>
>> Roads are designed for tax paying motorists, not tiny sponging
>> minorities using non viable transport
>>

> Congratulations for being the c*nt of the conversation and for stating
> the most obvious facts.

I'm glad you agree they are facts.

> Obviously bikes are not children's toys,

Obviously they are. They are a completely useless form of transport and
not suitable for adults.

> I have managed to thrive with
> on a bike for transport for several years, and obviously roads are only
> designed for those who don't give a f*ck about anyone else.

Roads are designed for, and paid for by the majority of sensible
transport users, not a tiny minority of weirdo's.

> You are very good at f*ckwittery. What a shame that their is no Olympic
> medal for it.

One of us rides s push bike - it isn't me.

University

Dave - Cyclists VOR
June 12th 12, 08:23 PM
On 12/06/2012 19:36, Brian Robertson wrote:
> On 12/06/2012 19:04, Mrcheerful wrote:
>> Brian Robertson wrote:

>>> Congratulations for being the c*nt of the conversation and for stating
>>> the most obvious facts.
>>>
>>> Obviously bikes are not children's toys, I have managed to thrive with
>>> on a bike for transport for several years, and obviously roads are
>>> only designed for those who don't give a f*ck about anyone else.
>>>
>>> You are very good at f*ckwittery. What a shame that their is no
>>> Olympic medal for it.
>>
>> spoken like a true cyclist.
>>

> Yes, you are right. It isn't my hobby or my second form of transport. I
> want to go to work or the shops or to visit my parents and bike it is.

I'm sorry you are so poor. Try to get a better job.

University

Peter Keller[_3_]
June 12th 12, 08:24 PM
On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 17:52:02 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

> non viable transport

Presumably you are not referring to bicycles then.

--
If you are riding you are winning.

Brian Robertson[_5_]
June 12th 12, 09:06 PM
On 12/06/2012 19:57, Tris wrote:
> In > Brian Robertson
> > wrote:

>>> spoken like a true cyclist.
>>
>> Yes, you are right. It isn't my hobby or my second form of transport. I
>> want to go to work or the shops or to visit my parents and bike it is.
>
> Commendable - many people know that cycling is environmental friendly,
> good fun and helps keep you fit but do not fully appreciate just how
> good a form of essential transport it can actually be.

if I won the lottery I would still be loath to buy myself a little tin
prison. It's often faster than public transport, it is infinitely more
fun than PT or driving, I have reduced my blood pressure, I am no longer
fat, and I get the fun of ****ing drivers off.

I mean, look at the moronic comment from one of the petrol heads telling
me to get a better paid job because I cycle. What fools!

jnugent
June 12th 12, 09:37 PM
On 12/06/2012 19:36, Brian Robertson wrote:
> On 12/06/2012 19:04, Mrcheerful wrote:
>> Brian Robertson wrote:

>>> Congratulations for being the c*nt of the conversation and for stating
>>> the most obvious facts.
>>>
>>> Obviously bikes are not children's toys, I have managed to thrive with
>>> on a bike for transport for several years, and obviously roads are
>>> only designed for those who don't give a f*ck about anyone else.
>>>
>>> You are very good at f*ckwittery. What a shame that their is no
>>> Olympic medal for it.
>>
>> spoken like a true cyclist.
>>

> Yes, you are right. It isn't my hobby or my second form of transport. I
> want to go to work or the shops or to visit my parents and bike it is.

It has to be - you're banned from driving, aren't you?

jnugent
June 12th 12, 09:39 PM
On 12/06/2012 21:06, Brian Robertson wrote:
> On 12/06/2012 19:57, Tris wrote:
>> In > Brian Robertson
>> > wrote:

>>> Yes, you are right. It isn't my hobby or my second form of transport. I
>>> want to go to work or the shops or to visit my parents and bike it is.
>>
>> Commendable - many people know that cycling is environmental friendly,
>> good fun and helps keep you fit but do not fully appreciate just how
>> good a form of essential transport it can actually be.
>>

> if I won the lottery I would still be loath to buy myself a little tin
> prison. It's often faster than public transport, it is infinitely more
> fun than PT or driving, I have reduced my blood pressure, I am no longer
> fat, and I get the fun of ****ing drivers off.
>
> I mean, look at the moronic comment from one of the petrol heads telling
> me to get a better paid job because I cycle. What fools!

You've found another job then, have you?

Brian Robertson[_5_]
June 12th 12, 09:40 PM
On 12/06/2012 21:37, jnugent wrote:
> On 12/06/2012 19:36, Brian Robertson wrote:

>>> spoken like a true cyclist.
>>>

>> Yes, you are right. It isn't my hobby or my second form of transport. I
>> want to go to work or the shops or to visit my parents and bike it is.
>
> It has to be - you're banned from driving, aren't you?

No mate. I drive for a living. Have done for..... errrrrm..... 15 years now.

Judith[_4_]
June 12th 12, 11:59 PM
On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 21:40:57 +0100, Brian Robertson > wrote:

<snip>

>> It has to be - you're banned from driving, aren't you?
>>

>No mate. I drive for a living. Have done for..... errrrrm..... 15 years now.

I guess Mr Nugent is confusing you with the Brian Robertson who was caught
****ed in charge of a train and who lost his job.

jnugent
June 13th 12, 12:13 AM
On 12/06/2012 23:59, Judith wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 21:40:57 +0100, Brian > wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>>> It has to be - you're banned from driving, aren't you?
>>>

>> No mate. I drive for a living. Have done for..... errrrrm..... 15 years now.
>
> I guess Mr Nugent is confusing you with the Brian Robertson who was caught
> ****ed in charge of a train and who lost his job.

....and then got banned from driving motor vehicles for the same reason.

It must be a different Brian Robertson.

Brian Robertson[_5_]
June 13th 12, 06:06 AM
On 13/06/2012 00:13, jnugent wrote:
> On 12/06/2012 23:59, Judith wrote:
>> On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 21:40:57 +0100, Brian >
>> wrote:
>>
>> <snip>

>>> No mate. I drive for a living. Have done for..... errrrrm..... 15
>>> years now.
>>
>> I guess Mr Nugent is confusing you with the Brian Robertson who was
>> caught
>> ****ed in charge of a train and who lost his job.
>
> ...and then got banned from driving motor vehicles for the same reason.
>
> It must be a different Brian Robertson.

Doesn't alter the fact that I drive for a living. If you are trying to
get me to hang my head in shame for events from two decades ago then you
are wasting your time.

Brian Robertson[_5_]
June 13th 12, 06:06 AM
On 12/06/2012 23:59, Judith wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 21:40:57 +0100, Brian > wrote:
>
> <snip>
>

>>> It has to be - you're banned from driving, aren't you?
>>>

>> No mate. I drive for a living. Have done for..... errrrrm..... 15 years now.
>

> I guess Mr Nugent is confusing you with the Brian Robertson who was caught
> ****ed in charge of a train and who lost his job.

I wondered when the resident transvestite troll would chip in ;-)

Peter Keller[_3_]
June 13th 12, 09:55 AM
On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 20:22:57 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

> On 12/06/2012 18:52, Brian Robertson wrote:
Number-plates-for-bicycles-proposed-in-Tokyo.html

>>> If you decide to use a child's toy as a form of transport you must
>>> expect it to be dangerous.
>>>
>>> Roads are designed for tax paying motorists, not tiny sponging
>>> minorities using non viable transport
>>>

>> Congratulations for being the c*nt of the conversation and for stating
>> the most obvious facts.
>
> I'm glad you agree they are facts.
>>
>> Obviously bikes are not children's toys,
>
> Obviously they are. They are a completely useless form of transport and
> not suitable for adults.
>
>> I have managed to thrive with
>> on a bike for transport for several years, and obviously roads are only
>> designed for those who don't give a f*ck about anyone else.
>
> Roads are designed for, and paid for by the majority of sensible
> transport users, not a tiny minority of weirdo's.
>>
>> You are very good at f*ckwittery. What a shame that their is no Olympic
>> medal for it.
>
> One of us rides s push bike - it isn't me.

it isn't *I*

However I ride a push-bike. And I am proud of it.

--
If you are riding you are winning.

Peter Keller[_3_]
June 13th 12, 09:57 AM
On Tue, 12 Jun 2012 20:23:46 +0100, Dave - Cyclists VOR wrote:

> On 12/06/2012 19:36, Brian Robertson wrote:
Number-plates-for-bicycles-proposed-in-Tokyo.html

>>> spoken like a true cyclist.
>>>

>> Yes, you are right. It isn't my hobby or my second form of transport. I
>> want to go to work or the shops or to visit my parents and bike it is.
>
> I'm sorry you are so poor. Try to get a better job.

Whether I ride a bike or not has no relation to how poor I am.
It is all about freedom, convenience, enjoying life, keeping fit etc --

--
If you are riding you are winning.

Judith[_4_]
June 13th 12, 10:28 AM
On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:57:04 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller >
wrote:

<snip 116 lines >

>Whether I ride a bike or not has no relation to how poor I am.
>It is all about freedom, convenience, enjoying life, keeping fit etc --

ffs - learn to snip.

Silly old sod.

PhilO
June 14th 12, 09:15 AM
On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:28:18 AM UTC+1, Judith wrote:

> ffs - learn to snip.
>
> Silly old sod.

Judith,

Peter's post was only 2 lines longer than Dave's post to which he was replying.
Why do you take exception to 116 lines not being snipped, but 114 is OK?

Double standards again?
Or is 115 lines you limit?

Peter Keller[_3_]
June 14th 12, 10:28 AM
On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 10:28:18 +0100, Judith wrote:

> Silly old sod.

Silly old sod? Is that the best you can do you merderous piece of hagfish
trash and hagfish snot? What is wrong with being a worthless bag of
filth you putrescent mass?

--
Never trust a man in a suit.

Peter Keller[_3_]
June 14th 12, 10:29 AM
On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 01:15:36 -0700, PhilO wrote:

> On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 10:28:18 AM UTC+1, Judith wrote:
>
>> ffs - learn to snip.
>>
>> Silly old sod.
>
> Judith,
>
> Peter's post was only 2 lines longer than Dave's post to which he was
> replying. Why do you take exception to 116 lines not being snipped, but
> 114 is OK?
>
> Double standards again?
> Or is 115 lines you limit?

Judith would not be able to stand Dave's typical reply.

--
Never trust a man in a suit.

Brian Robertson[_5_]
June 14th 12, 11:26 PM
On 14/06/2012 10:28, Peter Keller wrote:
> On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 10:28:18 +0100, Judith wrote:
>
>> Silly old sod.
>
> Silly old sod? Is that the best you can do you merderous piece of hagfish
> trash and hagfish snot? What is wrong with being a worthless bag of
> filth you putrescent mass?

You actually think that Judith is a woman? I don't.

Judith[_4_]
June 15th 12, 12:36 AM
On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 23:26:52 +0100, Brian Robertson > wrote:

>On 14/06/2012 10:28, Peter Keller wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 10:28:18 +0100, Judith wrote:
>>
>>> Silly old sod.
>>
>> Silly old sod? Is that the best you can do you merderous piece of hagfish
>> trash and hagfish snot? What is wrong with being a worthless bag of
>> filth you putrescent mass?
>>

>You actually think that Judith is a woman? I don't.

Some people may think that you are a normal sensible person who has not lost a
job on the railways because he was ****ed in charge of a train; who did not
then learn from this mistake and was then banned from driving as he was caught
being ****ed again.

I don't.

Brian Robertson[_5_]
June 15th 12, 09:24 AM
On 15/06/2012 00:36, Judith wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 23:26:52 +0100, Brian > wrote:

>>> Silly old sod? Is that the best you can do you merderous piece of hagfish
>>> trash and hagfish snot? What is wrong with being a worthless bag of
>>> filth you putrescent mass?
>>>

>> You actually think that Judith is a woman? I don't.
>

> Some people may think that you are a normal sensible person who has not lost a
> job on the railways because he was ****ed in charge of a train; who did not
> then learn from this mistake and was then banned from driving as he was caught
> being ****ed again.
>
> I don't.

"Oh come on", said the ****ed ex train driver to the pathetic
transvestite internet troll, "say something interesting and let's see
your identity revealed through the courts."

On the other hand, you might well be a 'girlie' because you certainly
haven't got the balls to say who you are. ;-)

Peter Keller[_3_]
June 15th 12, 11:53 AM
On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 23:26:52 +0100, Brian Robertson wrote:

> On 14/06/2012 10:28, Peter Keller wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 10:28:18 +0100, Judith wrote:
>>
>>> Silly old sod.
>>
>> Silly old sod? Is that the best you can do you merderous piece of
>> hagfish trash and hagfish snot? What is wrong with being a worthless
>> bag of filth you putrescent mass?
>>

> You actually think that Judith is a woman? I don't.

It is something which crawled out of the primaeval slime.

--
Never trust a man in a suit.

Brian Robertson[_5_]
June 15th 12, 12:09 PM
On 15/06/2012 11:53, Peter Keller wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jun 2012 23:26:52 +0100, Brian Robertson wrote:

>>> Silly old sod? Is that the best you can do you merderous piece of
>>> hagfish trash and hagfish snot? What is wrong with being a worthless
>>> bag of filth you putrescent mass?
>>>

>> You actually think that Judith is a woman? I don't.
>
> It is something which crawled out of the primaeval slime.

Lower. It is going to get its wings clipped with recent legal
developments though. All they can do is keep on rehashing the same old
crap about people. As soon as people like this creature let their
imaginations run riot they are going to find themselves getting a knock
on the door.

Brian.

June 15th 12, 12:45 PM
On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:09:17 +0100
Brian Robertson > wrote:
>crap about people. As soon as people like this creature let their
>imaginations run riot they are going to find themselves getting a knock
>on the door.

Yeah , right. Usenet is tame compared to what goes on on twitter and facebook
and the number of people who get pulled for trolling on them is tiny. You'd
have to spend a day explaining to plod what usenet is first and then
convince them why your battered ego requires them to put murder investigations
to one side and track someone down.

B2003

Mrcheerful[_3_]
June 15th 12, 12:56 PM
wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:09:17 +0100
> Brian Robertson > wrote:
>> crap about people. As soon as people like this creature let their
>> imaginations run riot they are going to find themselves getting a
>> knock on the door.
>
> Yeah , right. Usenet is tame compared to what goes on on twitter and
> facebook and the number of people who get pulled for trolling on them
> is tiny. You'd have to spend a day explaining to plod what usenet is
> first and then
> convince them why your battered ego requires them to put murder
> investigations to one side and track someone down.
>
> B2003

Hurt feelings?

Brian Robertson[_5_]
June 15th 12, 01:04 PM
On 15/06/2012 12:45, wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:09:17 +0100
> Brian > wrote:
>> crap about people. As soon as people like this creature let their
>> imaginations run riot they are going to find themselves getting a knock
>> on the door.
>
> Yeah , right. Usenet is tame compared to what goes on on twitter and facebook
> and the number of people who get pulled for trolling on them is tiny. You'd
> have to spend a day explaining to plod what usenet is first and then
> convince them why your battered ego requires them to put murder investigations
> to one side and track someone down.
>
> B2003

Battered ego??? Why should my ego be in the least bit battered by
anything that is said on here? If I gave a flying f*** about what people
say on here then I would simply exercise my right to not post here.
Others might not be so generous.

June 15th 12, 01:28 PM
On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:56:33 +0100
"Mrcheerful" > wrote:
wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:09:17 +0100
>> Brian Robertson > wrote:
>>> crap about people. As soon as people like this creature let their
>>> imaginations run riot they are going to find themselves getting a
>>> knock on the door.
>>
>> Yeah , right. Usenet is tame compared to what goes on on twitter and
>> facebook and the number of people who get pulled for trolling on them
>> is tiny. You'd have to spend a day explaining to plod what usenet is
>> first and then
>> convince them why your battered ego requires them to put murder
>> investigations to one side and track someone down.
>>
>> B2003
>
>Hurt feelings?

Well , plod is supposed to be more caring and sharing these days. Perhaps
they'd offer Brianless a nice cup of tea and sympathy before they do him
for wasting police time?

B2003

June 15th 12, 01:30 PM
On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:04:00 +0100
Brian Robertson > wrote:
>Battered ego??? Why should my ego be in the least bit battered by
>anything that is said on here? If I gave a flying f*** about what people
>say on here then I would simply exercise my right to not post here.

You're the one who kicked off about people getting knocks on the door.

B2003

Brian Robertson[_5_]
June 15th 12, 04:47 PM
On 15/06/2012 13:30, wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:04:00 +0100
> Brian > wrote:
>> Battered ego??? Why should my ego be in the least bit battered by
>> anything that is said on here? If I gave a flying f*** about what people
>> say on here then I would simply exercise my right to not post here.
>
> You're the one who kicked off about people getting knocks on the door.
>
> B2003

And so they will.

Dave - Cyclists VOR
June 15th 12, 04:59 PM
On 15/06/2012 12:09, Brian Robertson wrote:
> On 15/06/2012 11:53, Peter Keller wrote:

>>> You actually think that Judith is a woman? I don't.
>>
>> It is something which crawled out of the primaeval slime.
>>

> Lower. It is going to get its wings clipped with recent legal
> developments though. All they can do is keep on rehashing the same old
> crap about people. As soon as people like this creature let their
> imaginations run riot they are going to find themselves getting a knock
> on the door.
>
> Brian.

A couple of the resident village idiots - now departed - thought that &
became a laughing stock. Nice of you to join them.

University

Judith[_4_]
June 15th 12, 11:02 PM
On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:45:34 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

>On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:09:17 +0100
>Brian Robertson > wrote:
>>crap about people. As soon as people like this creature let their
>>imaginations run riot they are going to find themselves getting a knock
>>on the door.
>
>Yeah , right. Usenet is tame compared to what goes on on twitter and facebook
>and the number of people who get pulled for trolling on them is tiny. You'd
>have to spend a day explaining to plod what usenet is first and then
>convince them why your battered ego requires them to put murder investigations
>to one side and track someone down.
>
>B2003

He is ****ed off because I correctly pointed out his drunk-driving record.

He seems to think that I have done something wrong.

Judith[_4_]
June 15th 12, 11:05 PM
On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:47:17 +0100, Brian Robertson > wrote:

>On 15/06/2012 13:30, wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:04:00 +0100
>> Brian > wrote:
>>> Battered ego??? Why should my ego be in the least bit battered by
>>> anything that is said on here? If I gave a flying f*** about what people
>>> say on here then I would simply exercise my right to not post here.
>>
>> You're the one who kicked off about people getting knocks on the door.
>>
>> B2003
>>

>And so they will.

Ah - diddums.

Did the naughty lady upset the ****ed-up old man

Brian Robertson[_5_]
June 16th 12, 09:01 AM
On 15/06/2012 23:05, Judith wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 16:47:17 +0100, Brian > wrote:
>
>> On 15/06/2012 13:30, wrote:
>>>
>>> You're the one who kicked off about people getting knocks on the door.
>>>
>>> B2003
>>>

>> And so they will.
>

> Ah - diddums.
>

> Did the naughty lady upset the ****ed-up old man

'Lady' in relation to a transvestite troll is a strange word.

Brian Robertson[_5_]
June 16th 12, 09:06 AM
On 15/06/2012 23:02, Judith wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:45:34 +0000 (UTC), wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:09:17 +0100
>> Brian > wrote:
>>> crap about people. As soon as people like this creature let their
>>> imaginations run riot they are going to find themselves getting a knock
>>> on the door.
>>
>> Yeah , right. Usenet is tame compared to what goes on on twitter and facebook
>> and the number of people who get pulled for trolling on them is tiny. You'd
>> have to spend a day explaining to plod what usenet is first and then
>> convince them why your battered ego requires them to put murder investigations
>> to one side and track someone down.
>>
>> B2003
>

> He is ****ed off because I correctly pointed out his drunk-driving record.
>
> He seems to think that I have done something wrong.

Said the transvestite troll.

Had I been bothered about vicious little losers like you repeating my
lamentable drinking record then I would have kept it to myself in the
first place.

Well do I remember those days, driving along with one eye closed to stop
the double vision. And that, as you rightly point out, was in charge of
a train. I remember being so drunk in a car once that closing one eye
didn't stop the double vision. ;-)

June 18th 12, 10:14 AM
Brian Robertson > wrote:
>On 15/06/2012 13:30, wrote:
>> On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 13:04:00 +0100
>> Brian > wrote:
>>> Battered ego??? Why should my ego be in the least bit battered by
>>> anything that is said on here? If I gave a flying f*** about what people
>>> say on here then I would simply exercise my right to not post here.
>>
>> You're the one who kicked off about people getting knocks on the door.
>>
>> B2003
>>

>And so they will.

By whom exactly? The police? I don't think so. Any any self styled vigilante
that knocked on my door and threatened me would find himself being stretchered
away shortly afterwards.

B2003

June 18th 12, 10:15 AM
On Fri, 15 Jun 2012 23:02:58 +0100
Judith > wrote:
>>Yeah , right. Usenet is tame compared to what goes on on twitter and facebook
>>and the number of people who get pulled for trolling on them is tiny. You'd
>>have to spend a day explaining to plod what usenet is first and then
>>convince them why your battered ego requires them to put murder investigations
>>to one side and track someone down.
>>
>>B2003
>

>He is ****ed off because I correctly pointed out his drunk-driving record.

yes, the man does seem to have "issues".

B2003

himself[_2_]
June 19th 12, 10:22 AM
Mrcheerful wrote:

>> cue cyclobabble about it being impossible to do since cycles cannot
>> have number plates attached due to the design of the bicycle.

Didn't the French have them a while back MrC ?

Rog
http://rog.pynguins.com

Mrcheerful[_3_]
June 19th 12, 03:15 PM
himself wrote:
> Mrcheerful wrote:
>

>>> cue cyclobabble about it being impossible to do since cycles cannot
>>> have number plates attached due to the design of the bicycle.
>

> Didn't the French have them a while back MrC ?
>
> Rog
> http://rog.pynguins.com

manitoba still has.

Google