PDA

View Full Version : Don't drink and ride, oh, and wear a helmet.

Mrcheerful[_3_]
June 13th 12, 08:34 AM
http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Open-verdict-death-man-cycling-pub/story-16354508-detail/story.html

PhilO
June 13th 12, 09:12 AM
On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:34:43 AM UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
> http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Open-verdict-death-man-cycling-pub/story-16354508-detail/story.html

As usual, Cheerless is embarressing himself. The article actually says:

"Open verdict on death of man cycling from pub" but Cheerless knows better

"A question mark hangs over the death of a cyclist" but Cheerless knows better

"Before recording an open verdict Dr Carlyon said: "While everything points to an accident we just don't know all the circumstances or if another person was involved." but Cheerless knows better

Article does not mention anything about a helmet, but Cheerless knows better

Mr. Benn[_14_]
June 13th 12, 09:13 AM
"Mrcheerful" > wrote in message
> http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Open-verdict-death-man-cycling-pub/story-16354508-detail/story.html

I know someone just like that who used to post in this group. Except he
didn't go to pubs. He just got ****ed in a pit.

NM
June 13th 12, 09:37 AM
On Jun 13, 9:12*am, PhilO > wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:34:43 AM UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
> >http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Open-verdict-death-man-cycling-pub/st...
>
> As usual, Cheerless is embarressing himself. The article actually says:
>
> "Open verdict on death of man cycling from pub" but Cheerless knows better
>
> "A question mark hangs over the death of a cyclist" but Cheerless knows better
>
> "Before recording an open verdict Dr Carlyon said: "While everything points to an accident we just don't know all the circumstances or if another person was involved." but Cheerless knows better
>
> Article does not mention anything about a helmet, but Cheerless knows better

Do you think having a helmet would have helped, we are often told here
that they are useless?

Judith[_4_]
June 13th 12, 10:36 AM
On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 08:34:43 +0100, "Mrcheerful" >
wrote:

>http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Open-verdict-death-man-cycling-pub/story-16354508-detail/story.html

Well - he won't do that again.

My thoughts are with his family.

Judith[_4_]
June 13th 12, 10:38 AM
On Wed, 13 Jun 2012 09:13:54 +0100, "Mr. Benn" > wrote:

>"Mrcheerful" > wrote in message
>> http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Open-verdict-death-man-cycling-pub/story-16354508-detail/story.html
>
>I know someone just like that who used to post in this group. Except he
>didn't go to pubs. He just got ****ed in a pit.

I wonder what happened to him?

I think he thought he had completed his troll-finder general role after he had
got rid of them all. That is what he did - isn't it?

I guess he will be doing the Vindaloo restaurants of eastern Europe as we
speak.

PhilO
June 13th 12, 02:41 PM
On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:37:15 AM UTC+1, NM wrote:

> Do you think having a helmet would have helped, we are often told here
> that they are useless?

We don't know if he was wearing one or not, so can't say if helped/made no difference/made things worse.

NM
June 13th 12, 03:12 PM
On Jun 13, 2:41*pm, PhilO > wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 9:37:15 AM UTC+1, NM wrote:
>
> > Do you think having a helmet would have helped, we are often told here
> > that they are useless?
>
> We don't know if he was wearing one or not, so can't say if helped/made no difference/made things worse.

As we know they are useless so it won't have helped. If it made no
difference then wearing one or not the result is the same, remains to
be seen if it made things worse if in fact his head was enveloped in a
plastic cup.

thirty-six
June 14th 12, 12:00 AM
On Jun 13, 9:12*am, PhilO > wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 13, 2012 8:34:43 AM UTC+1, Mrcheerful wrote:
> >http://www.thisiscornwall.co.uk/Open-verdict-death-man-cycling-pub/st...
>
> As usual, Cheerless is embarressing himself. The article actually says:
>
> "Open verdict on death of man cycling from pub" but Cheerless knows better
>
> "A question mark hangs over the death of a cyclist" but Cheerless knows better
>
> "Before recording an open verdict Dr Carlyon said: "While everything points to an accident we just don't know all the circumstances or if another person was involved." but Cheerless knows better
>
> Article does not mention anything about a helmet, but Cheerless knows better

The guy got bashed over the head and the cop's in on it. It's
ridiculous to accept that one could fall face down and have the
bicycle fall on one's back, facing the opposite direction. That
didn't happen.

Google

Home - Home - Home - Home - Home